• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But here's the thing... Street Fighter III cut a lot of characters from Street Fighter II... so fans demanded the return of SF2 characters.... but come Street Fighter IV, where the majority of characters are from SF2... but then the fans demand the return of SF3 characters...

Cuts simultaneously make fans demand the return of old characters AND become fans of new characters.

:phone:
I suppose in a way, it's not a bad thing. After all, I highly doubt El Fuerte is gonna make it in SFxTK, but there are a lot of characters on the SF side (the Tekken side already looks super fun) that I'm willing to try out like Juri and Poison.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My memories about Pre-Melee are pretty clear. Was about 11 years old maybe, and was looking around on some Nintendo-like sites which all had renders from all playable Melee characters, including unlockables. All far away from the moment the game as actually out, or at least out in Europe (which back then took a LONNNNNGGGGG *** time, a freaking, freaking LOOOONG *** time- Xenoblade US-release date time, easily AND FOR ALL THE DAYUM GAMES) so I kinda hoped Diddy was at least an unlockable in the game. Thought Mewtwo's addition was real wicked though, and finally took a long enough look to see what Ness's face was supposed to look like as I never cared in 64.

Pre-Brawl, all I cared for was Diddy being in. And Ike. Was pretty damn active when the game was announced, and regonised a lot of people posting here straight away. Mainly Johnknight and Metal Overlord though, but also Bowserlick, SSBF, Chronobound and many others.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Around the same age as you during pre-Brawl. I would say 12-14....
I don't see how you can remember much. Star do you remember much of Pre-Brawl? Maybe I just didn't CARE enough back then to remember.

I think how this could relate to Smash 4 discussion is if Zoroark/Victini were to graduate from Event Pokemon status. If only one of them do, I would say that is the primary candidate for SSB4. If both of them do, odds are likely to stay the same. If neither, well, nothing really changes unless advertisement campaigns for Zoroark/Victini is given a reboot.
I don't think that would happen. I mean, has a Pokemon ever been demoted before? I don't think so...?

Also, I think it comes down to, does Gamefreak want the Head of the company to have his favorite Pokemon in Smash, or do they want their Lucaioark poster boy in Smash?

No room for Deoxys or Genesect, how sad :l

I suppose in a way, it's not a bad thing. After all, I highly doubt El Fuerte is gonna make it in SFxTK, but there are a lot of characters on the SF side (the Tekken side already looks super fun) that I'm willing to try out like Juri and Poison.
Never was a Tekken kind of lad, but is Asuka, Xiaoyu, or... I want to say her name is Jun? (Jins mom I think...?) Have they been hinted at?

Also, ElenaKarinR.Mika...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Its a bit early to be reminiscing don't you all think?

Wait till E3, it will be like we're at the convention. Iblis and I will have our hatershades on ready to go.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
All the characters I wanted during the pre-Melee days (Wario, Diddy Kong, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Falco, Mewtwo, Pit) got in by now (though now with the exception of Mewtwo being cut from Brawl).

I really wanted Olimar after Melee's release though (and I was a supporter of Sonic's inclusion after Brawl's announcement).

The only character left is Ridley, and that is the one I have always wanted the most. Brawl's roster would have been perfect to me if it had Ridley, Mewtwo, and Roy.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't see how you can remember much. Star do you remember much of Pre-Brawl? Maybe I just didn't CARE enough back then to remember.
I remember quite a bit. My time was mainly spent at Nsider and Gamefaqs. Towards the time Brawl was ready to being released I transitioned over here to Smashboards. Mostly though I remember all of the roster discussion and how dogmatic people were over things that ended not happening.

Iblis and I will have our hatershades on ready to go.
How much would a pair cost me?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pre-Brawl this place was really occupied by GameFaq-like threads, like : Rate Their Chances. And moveset revamp ideas and predictions. I posted the most back then, and was a vivid anti-Sheik supporter then as well. When we get some official info, I think we'll get a sub-forum again and it'll be filled with threads like that again.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Java would be ranked 26th, Diddy 25th, and YHT 35th I think. Arcade was 31st I do believe.
My post count is the result of huge participation in the thread when people talked a broader array of topics and I had plenty of ideas for game modes and stages and crud. Since autumn I've been fading away, mostly because most discussions I see are character discussions and I can't think of as good of ideas as before.

My first post here on this forum was about disbelief of Mewtwo's bottom tier placement in Melee. Then again, even as a kid I mostly fought scrubs alone.
My first post on this thread is below:

Hey, I'm new here. I primarily joined because I like speculating about Smash Bros. 4. I'll post my personal character roster eventually, but I understand the need to change the topic from characters for the moment, and I'm still working on it.

Anyways, on topic, how exactly does everyone want Adventure Mode (a.k.a. the Subspace Emissary) handled next time? I've read that some people would prefer a return to a more Melee-type Adventure Mode, while others preferred Brawl's more story-based mode. So how exactly do you want Adventure Mode designed next time?

Personally, if I designed Adventure Mode, I'd base it mostly off of Brawl's Subspace Emissary, but with some changes. The most obvious modification would be the lack of those generic SubSpace enemies and locations. I'd replace them with real Nintendo enemies and areas. Who wouldn't want something like Samus invading a Space Pirate base, or Donkey Kong kicking Kremlin butt in his own DK country?

The biggest chance overall, however, would a less linear storyline more focused on the individual characters. For example, when you select Adventure Mode in the start screen, you're presented with the character selection screen. Let's say you pick Olimar. Now, when you enter Adventure Mode, you're not just playing the next level with the given character options in one linear storyline. Instead, you would play as separate characters, and the levels would revolve that particular character's side of the story, and would continue until a certain point.

At a point, obviously, all the characters do meet, and you can just select the character you want to play as. But early on, selecting a character means playing their part of the story.

This probably took too long to explain one idea, but I have a bad habit of letting things drag on. I hope you guys understand what I'm saying.
I much later on explained this idea with more clarity. I was a noobie and had not used an Internet forum in a year's span.

Right above me Star had posted Final Fantasy and Last Story music.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No I didn't say that, just was saying Sheik is popular for the wrong reasons. And less people like her because of her character than her tier position and 'omg-ninja'-style. Impa can also have that same ninja style, so in the end there would be no difference cause both would be 'that Zelda character who fights like a ninja'. Which is all what her popularity is about.
No, you actually conceded. The reasons do NOT matter. She is more popular. Which you admitted. Stop trying to change the point. You got who was more popular.

There is nobody who came in for Pichu's literal place, or anyone besides Pikachu resembling him. Neither does anyone besides Pikachu have moves of him copied into their playstyle, or share any characteristics with him. Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere looking exactly like each other, and Ike suddenly creating fire out of his blade don't help you with your arguement.
He got replaced by Lucario or PT, because a new Pokemon took his cut spot. Likewise, both Mewtwo and Roy were going to be playable. They weren't replaced at all. Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere were ALWAYS similar. It has nothing to do with Smash. No, Ike did not replace him, regardless of how similar they were. If that were so, there would be NO Roy date. Your point has no merit if they were indeed going to be playable.

And as I said before: it's the character that makes it into the game. Data or not, Mewtwo and Roy still are not playable. And seen as Roy doesn't even has a trophy, and Mewtwo not having a much realistic one you could easily say they where scrapped before being seriously considered.
They were not scrapped before being considered. Mewtwo has near playable data. They all have somewhat playable data. Likewise, your point doesn't hold up whatsoever. They were going to be, so neither of them were replaced. Nobody but Pichu was, regardless of who replaced him.

Brawl took already about 3 years to make. Surely more characters would be playable if it was in development for even another year. That's as simple as can be. But they didn't, because apperantly other characters got priority over them. And honestly... can you REALLY say you'd see both Ike and Roy in Brawl having both the same B move? I cannot picture it really.
Roy may have been just like his Melee self, which means he would've been unique, since Marth was different from his Melee self. And yeah, they would've. New had more priority over old. That's it. If there was more time, the rest would be playable. They were all meant to be. Except Pichu.

Sheik's popularity WANED after Melee, a lot easily. Doubt that she's even the most popular of the Zelda characters, even with Link, Zelda and Ganondorf being SO bad in Brawl. She is easily the least relevant character in Smash, and the most misplaced. In Brawl it wasn't SO BAD yet (mainly because Zelda herself didn't do much in the meantime- it's MUCH different now), but with Smash 4 it goes too far.
Relevancy does not matter, and she is in Smash. She also did something in the SSE. You really don't know what you're talking about here, do you? She's more popular than Impa is anyway, so your point holds no water. She won't leave for a clone.

AND SHEIK BEING REMOVED. WILL NOT. AND I REPEAT. WILL. NOT. DECREASE SALES.

Mewtwo >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Roy >>>>>>> Sheik in just about everything, yet did Brawl sell badly? No it didn't. Infact it was the best sold Smash game yet.
You're beyond wrong, it hurts. People do avoid games that take out content they want. Proof? One of my friends will not buy either MvC 3 only because MegaMan is not in. That means yeah, people won't buy as much. Stop staying stuff you don't understand.

No they wouldn't. They would ask why bother with Impa if Sheik is still in. It's one or the other. I actually prefer the other, as in Impa. Most legitimate choice for a Skyward Sword character anyway. I would like Ghirahim as well, but he's a one off. Why add a new one off when you're removing one anyway :awesome:
Only Ghirhim is legit. They won't bother with Impa to replace Sheik, who is more popular, a two-time veteran, and still has uniqueness going for her.

The replacement is your pipe dream. It's fine to have it, but nobody actually agrees with you here. You're clearly trolling now, sprouting off crap in some severely lame bias against a veteran. Some do want Jigglypuff replaced for Meowth. But we both know it won't happen. I don't know who you're trying to convince, but you have yet to give one good reason to do so. I gave a legit reason, but you haven't. Nobody believes your points.

She's not more popular.
She's not unique to Sheik.
People want to play as Sheik more.

Try again with legitimate reasons.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The only character left is Ridley, and that is the one I have always wanted the most. Brawl's roster would have been perfect to me if it had Ridley, Mewtwo, and Roy.
It's funny you mention that, me and Oasis have talked about multiple times how if we get Krystal and Ridley in Smash 4, we really have no reason to follow "Smash 5".

Also, when do you think Sakurai will release his poll/Questionaire?

Hopefully while character decisions are still fluid. Otherwise we might as well all say what SONGS we want to appear in SSB4.

LavenderTownPokemonTowerMedleyPlease.

Not sure why making Zoroark or Victini catch-able without the need of an event is "demoting" them. I was suggesting that it would help if one of them were graduated from event Pokemon status to being easily catch-able. Technically, Mew would count as he could be accessed without an event in Pokemon Emerald (whereas it used to require events to get it), so it is possible.
I doubt it, and I think it's a major demotion for a Pokemon to be something you have to go out of your way to catch, and then become catchable by everyone easily. But that doesn't matter.

As for the question, I think it all comes down to who makes the bigger impact in the 5th gen. We are still pretty young into the generation and there is still likely 2 3/4 year left.
Bigger impact? In my mind, that's Victini. But I think there is more at play than just who made a bigger splash.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
I don't think that would happen. I mean, has a Pokemon ever been demoted before? I don't think so...?

Also, I think it comes down to, does Gamefreak want the Head of the company to have his favorite Pokemon in Smash, or do they want their Lucaioark poster boy in Smash?
Not sure why making Zoroark or Victini catch-able without the need of an event is "demoting" them. I was suggesting that it would help if one of them were graduated from event Pokemon status to being easily catch-able. Technically, Mew would count as he could be accessed without an event in Pokemon Emerald (whereas it used to require events to get it), so it is possible.

As for the question, I think it all comes down to who makes the bigger impact in the 5th gen. We are still pretty young into the generation and there is still likely 2 3/4 year left.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't remember too much, all I can really remember was all of the crazies, drawings of movesets, and a few alliances (in particular the Lucario alliance).

I have transition lenses so I don't need shades. :troll:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
HyperFalcon said:
Amen! FanMan I'm still waitin!

There's a couple things you've been dodgin me over.

I have transition lenses so I don't need shades.
Tsk, its not about the quality standards, it about the enigma!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Only thing I bascially did was writing movesets, did a great detailed one for Diddy which was on the front page of the official Diddy thread for a really long time. In the end the overall playstyle and much what I had in mind (minus bananas) actually happened to be included in Diddy's moveset. I actually predicted a similar sort of Up and Down Smashes as well. DSmash actually being spot on. But I wanted more tail-involved moves on Diddy, cause that's how he fought in DK64. Was also well known of flaming everyone who didn't want Diddy, Ike or Mewtwo in.

-Waiting for someone else to post so that I can reply to HyperFalcon...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Never was a Tekken kind of lad, but is Asuka, Xiaoyu, or... I want to say her name is Jun? (Jins mom I think...?) Have they been hinted at?

Also, ElenaKarinR.Mika...
Jun hasn't been hinted at either way and Karin and Mika are rumored to not be in. Elena is considered a shoo-in at this point though due to constant demand and that she almost made it into SSF4 (why they put in E. Ryu and Oni over Karin and Elena is beyond me).

Asuka was revealed a while back. There's a trailer of her and Lili fighting Chun-Li and Cammy. Xiaoyu was leaked, but you can check my Facebook for that one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agreed. AT's provide a sort of springboard or early conception for the character that makes it easier to make a moveset for them since the developers have a very basic idea of what the character could do. I expect a couple Brawl ATs to upgrade to playable status for the next game.
Exactly. Any of them are possible. I do expect someone from the Fighter series to come up. I'd say Saki and Isaac are the most likely, IMO. Although Dark Dawn did bomb, I will admit. But thankfully, the first two Golden Suns were great, so that means Isaac was in only one bad game, and 3 great games.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
That reminds me, I recall Starphoenix stating something about Matthew's appearance being pushed.

Which seems strange to me, only by the comparison of something like DBZ, which still had plot-lines that heavily involved both Goku and Gohan.

Dark Dawn is no different. Issac is still an integral aspect to the story.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also, when do you think Sakurai will release his poll/Questionaire?
If I remember correctly it was not but a year after the first E3 trailer. I am not quite sure though. It was late 2005-early 2006.

That reminds me, I recall Starphoenix stating something about Matthew's appearance being pushed.

Which seems strange to me, only by the comparison of something like DBZ, which still had plot-lines that heavily involved both Goku and Gohan.

Dark Dawn is no different. Issac is still an integral aspect to the story.
What I was saying is I don't think Camelot would push for Matthew.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Jun hasn't been hinted at either way and Karin and Mika are rumored to not be in. Elena is considered a shoo-in at this point though due to constant demand and that she almost made it into SSF4 (why they put in E. Ryu and Oni over Karin and Elena is beyond me).

Asuka was revealed a while back. There's a trailer of her and Lili fighting Chun-Li and Cammy. Xiaoyu was leaked, but you can check my Facebook for that one.
Oh yes, I remember Asuka now. I'm also excited to get my hands on Lili. VERY CUTE. OH, and Xiaoyu was leaked. With Bison right? Yeah.

And at least I have those three Tekken girls who have already been confirmed and the "shoe-in" Elena to look forward too. Plus my girl Cammy. It's ashame about Karin and R. Mika though.

I thought I heard that someone, somewhere, who ranks high at Capcom really likes Jun?..

If I remember correctly it was not but a year after the first E3 trailer. I am not quite sure though. It was late 2005-early 2006.
I swear the roster was finalized early on... lemme check the date. I know exactly where the link is.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
MARSHALL LAWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Why he is NOT in Street Fighter x Tekken yet?

OT: Ruby/Sapphire remake aww hell yeah :cool:
He, Paul, Xiaoyu, Juri, Vega, and Balrog were all teased in October. There's more to come than those six (seven when you include Bison).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
the final character roster was essentially completed when the design document was finalized on July 7, 2005
HERE it is.

Too little, too late Sakurai. Don't make the same mistake twice~

I know, learning that later on led myself and others to wonder what impact the poll really had.
Trophies?... Music?...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I swear the roster was finalized early on... lemme check the date. I know exactly where the link is.
I know, learning that later on led myself and others to wonder what impact the poll really had. Really though I think the results of those polls will impact this roster a little more. Like how with the Melee poll half of the major characters were added in Melee, and the others in Brawl. Difference this time is we don't know who the top requests were.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Metal Overlord said:
OT: Ruby/Sapphire remake aww hell yeah :cool:
That would be the first game that doesn't run on a similar engine to the latest generation available.

That is, unless you count #5 any different than #4.

All this is strange, Fire Red & Leaf Green utilized Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, Now there's no base point?! Either that or its all going to be ridiculously repetitive and cliche!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It is pretty funny to think that Smash 4's roster could be finalized in the coming months.
It's nerve wracking is what it is.

I know, learning that later on led myself and others to wonder what impact the poll really had. Really though I think the results of those polls will impact this roster a little more. Like how with the Melee poll half of the major characters were added in Melee, and the others in Brawl. Difference this time is we don't know who the top requests were.
This just got me thinking, how big was the Geno bandwagon during Pre-Melee? If Pre-Brawl hype stuff had little to no impact, the "Nintendo IP issue" character may not have been him at all. But someone random. Hmmm, maybe, JUST MAYBE he has another hopeless shot. I'm definitely hopeful for Krystal this time around though. Also, if he does look at Brawl polls more... would that mean Junior would come up more often then he would, say, now?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yep. It will be interesting though. Because Shulk and Ghirahim are now at their height of mindshare when Sakurai will likely be determining spots. It also means that we will be getting either Zoroark or Victini for Pokemon's newcomer (unless Game Freak has something else in mind...).

Still there is barely much of anything that we know about Smash 4. Heck, we don't even know whether there will even be a large roster increase.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Starphoenix said:
Difference this time is we don't know who the top requests were.
We can only guess, except here no one particular choice is exactly a "shoe in"

I mean, most of the ideas that we present are unanimously agreed upon / debated locally. You've seen some of the choices made among other sites.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As a fan, I'm pleased the roster will be determined during a time when K. Rool's popularity is at a rather impressive high. Considering he has a good shot at being reinstated into the next DK game, it will only continue to rise down the road, making him quite a valid choice at the current time.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This just got me thinking, how big was the Geno bandwagon during Pre-Melee? If Pre-Brawl hype stuff had little to no impact, the "Nintendo IP issue" character may not have been him at all. But someone random. Hmmm, maybe, JUST MAYBE he has another hopeless shot. I'm definitely hopeful for Krystal this time around though. Also, if he does look at Brawl polls more... would that mean Junior would come up more often then he would, say, now?
Pre-Melee Geno had little to no support. Geno was really a product of the pre-Brawl movement. Melee saw other characters that had a cult fanbase at that time that winnowed out after the game was released. Krystal should fare much better this time around then in Brawl. I do not care as long as it is not at the expense of Wolf or Falco, but I do not think it will happen. I see Star Fox having four characters and being complete. Junior would probably do well, and Toad has had a consistent base since Melee. It could go either way with those two.

We can only guess, except here no one particular choice is exactly a "shoe in"

I mean, most of the ideas that we present are unanimously agreed upon / debated locally. You've seen some of the choices made among other sites.
Right. No one is a guarantee right now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, you actually conceded. The reasons do NOT matter. She is more popular. Which you admitted. Stop trying to change the point. You got who was more popular.
Doubt it mathers though, cause Sheik overall isn't too very popular besides in Melee. Just check out the Melee Sheik subforums and compare them to the Brawl Sheik subforums. Fans move on if a character is not good anymore, same thing will happen with Meta Knight when / if he gets nerfed in Smash. Main difference between Meta Knight and Sheik is that Meta Knight is still very re-occuring, many times so actually, and is very important / and popular by fans OF THE KIRBY SERIES.

He got replaced by Lucario or PT, because a new Pokemon took his cut spot. Likewise, both Mewtwo and Roy were going to be playable. They weren't replaced at all. Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere were ALWAYS similar. It has nothing to do with Smash. No, Ike did not replace him, regardless of how similar they were. If that were so, there would be NO Roy date. Your point has no merit if they were indeed going to be playable.
They where, at some point perhaps being considered into playable character status, but that's very likely BEFORE they started to implement the special moves for the other characters. Which does mean that in the end they PROBABLY left the Roy and Mewtwo data in to use for Ike / Lucario content.

If Roy and Mewtwo where really considered, they would have a more detailed thropy (Roy doesn't even have one) or Mewtwo could've been a boss, and Roy an AT. Point is, eventually they didn't even bother giving them propper models.

They were not scrapped before being considered. Mewtwo has near playable data. They all have somewhat playable data. Likewise, your point doesn't hold up whatsoever. They were going to be, so neither of them were replaced. Nobody but Pichu was, regardless of who replaced him.
I doubt it, as otherwise it would be pretty easy to hack Roy and Mewtwo into the game. But that's beside my knowlegde. And I just don't agree with your way of reasoning what to call a replaced character and what not.

Roy may have been just like his Melee self, which means he would've been unique, since Marth was different from his Melee self. And yeah, they would've. New had more priority over old. That's it. If there was more time, the rest would be playable. They were all meant to be. Except Pichu.
Which is funny, cause Pichu was one of the more unique clones. Had the most 'own' moves from the clones right after Ganondorf.

Relevancy does not matter, and she is in Smash. She also did something in the SSE. You really don't know what you're talking about here, do you? She's more popular than Impa is anyway, so your point holds no water. She won't leave for a clone.
Your arguements don't hold any steady flow either, except of trying to proof me wrong with whatever you can. Subspace Emisary is not a cannon apperance for Sheik, or any other character. Just a Kirby game 'colored in' with Smash characters...

Sheik was more popular before, but I doubt she even has a significant proof of being more popular than Impa is with Zelda fans anymore either. Point is, you have to think about the future with Smash. If Sheik makes it yet again in Smash, but all Zelda characters have a character very similar to her in it, who is not her Smash and Zelda fans will wonder why they had Sheik in Smash instead of the re-occuring character. I don't think Impa's popularity AT THIS POINT is bigger than Sheik's, but given the time I easily think it's possible to exceed Sheik.

Which brings me back again: was Lucario ever more popular than Mewtwo anyways?
If Smash importance is everything, why did a very popular Melee character named Roy lose his spot as the second representitive along with Prince(cess) Marth(a) in Brawl then?

You're beyond wrong, it hurts. People do avoid games that take out content they want. Proof? One of my friends will not buy either MvC 3 only because MegaMan is not in. That means yeah, people won't buy as much. Stop staying stuff you don't understand.
I now suspect you of trolling dear sir. MegaMan is about a billion times more popular than Sheik. Is Sheik the flagship of her series, or even her whole company? No she's not. Mega Man however is. There's a big difference. And it's also the reason Mega Man is wanted in Smash even. I very much doubt Sheik would be asked for as a guest fighter in just about any game. >_> You're beyong wrong with your arguement, it really hurts.

Only Ghirhim is legit. They won't bother with Impa to replace Sheik, who is more popular, a two-time veteran, and still has uniqueness going for her.
Mis-placed uniqueness. There is nothing Sheik can do that Impa cannot do. Impa is even better due to having actual abilities in game which are NOT playing the harp, playing the harp, playing the harp to warp away, and playing the harp to teach songs. Point is: anyone shaped as Sheik can have Sheik's moveset.

Better yet, if Sheik's popularity had so much influence she would've returned in Zelda.

The replacement is your pipe dream. It's fine to have it, but nobody actually agrees with you here.
Would you believe ANYONE Pre-Brawl saying that Mewtwo was getting cut? I certainly wouldn't. Everyone was saying that only clones will get cut. They where wrong in the end.

You're clearly trolling now, sprouting off crap in some severely lame bias against a veteran.
I'm not trolling. Only sometimes when reffering to Impa again as I know it's not a popular idea perse. But that's only because people don't want veterans cut. And refuse to listen to any kind of logic that Sheik actually isn't a relevant, or even unique character and that there are much better choices. I actually want Impa for some reasons, and one of them is preserving Sheik's fighting style while she gets the **** out of Smash, waiting for yet another chance to play the damn harp in another OoT remake.

Some do want Jigglypuff replaced for Meowth.
Am not one of them, but I do see their point however.

But we both know it won't happen. I don't know who you're trying to convince, but you have yet to give one good reason to do so. I gave a legit reason, but you haven't. Nobody believes your points.
I gave plenty of reasons, here and before.

She's not more popular.
I doubt there's a strong difference.

She's not unique to Sheik.
Sheik is not even unique to herself. And by actually having abilities to fight, Impa is infact unique to Sheik. Unless you want Sheik to play the harp as one of her moves...

People want to play as Sheik more.
Doubt that it's actually Sheik herself they want to play as, as stated before.

You'll be hearing more from me about this topic, rest assured. :smirk:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
^I plan on reading your argument, but I have this foreboding that it involves replacing Shiek. Its a wonder why both can't coexist.

Starphoenix said:
Right. No one is a guarantee right now.
Too bad I couldn't take you up on that video thing, Star.

Saruman's soliloquy about "the deep" would have been perfect

Saruman said:
The Dwarves delved too greedily and too deep.

You know what they awoke in the darkness...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am curious about how many total playable characters you think Smash 4 will get. My guess is 52 (that is total characters, not slots). To those who are currently browsing this topic, what is your guess?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yep, like always, there are no guarantees. No sense in getting worked up about at this point, personally I'm more interested in what's going on with the Wii U.

48, 52 with transformations sounds about right.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
48 actual slots, which would lead to 52, counting Sheik, ZSS and the three PT Pokemon.

...--- beat me to it.

No need to continue the discussion, but even if Impa can do everything Sheik can do,there's no need to replace Sheik despite lack of relevancy. Plenty of Smash players enjoy the characters for who they are, regardless of their moveset. If Ike suddenly became a carbon-copy of Roy, without any luigification at all, people would still pine over Roy's removal because he's their boy, or they enjoy his attire, or any number of other reasons.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I would say mid to upper forties is a good guess. That seems to be the average roster size of most fighting games at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom