• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Most people generally don't want cuts in fighting games. Cuts are inevitable anyway.

:phone:
Which then leads to demand of cut characters. I couldn't tell you how many times I see the demand for Poison, Jun, Hugo, Elena, Alex, Urien, Kunimitsu, and Karin to return in their respective series.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
When compared to big names such as K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, and even Little Mac and Isaac, no, he really isn't. Starfy has little support in Japan despite his popularity, and his support in the States isn't going to be enough to convince Sakurai to include him.

It might work for Isaac or Matthew and Little Mac, but it won't work for Starfy. His support is much weaker than theirs.
Starfy-series still, is BIG. Starfy's popularity might not look as good as Isaac's or Mac's (maybe), but still, with 5 games being made and decent popularity Starfy-series are generally fruitful and great addition as a newcomer franchise, with lots of things to draw from.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So what's with that list?

If it's posts here, I'm pretty sure I had at least 500 posts before I came here, so my number is a little high. Omega is a posting machine either way you look at it. lol

D

Deleted member

Starfy-series still, is BIG. Starfy's popularity might not look as good as Isaac's or Mac's (maybe), but still, with 5 games being made and decent popularity Starfy-series are generally fruitful and great addition as a newcomer franchise, with lots of things to draw from.

That really doesn't matter. Mother and F-Zero only had two games each, and Ness and Captain Falcon were in SSB64.

For the most part, popularity is everything. This is why even though Famicon Wars is deserving of a character due to it's size, it isn't likely to get one due to lack of popularity for a character.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
  1. ♛Omega™ 9,501
  2. Oasis_S 3,261
  3. Starphoenix 3,075
  4. Super Smash Bros. Fan 2,980
  5. berserker01 2,974
  6. Shortiecanbrawl 2,960
  7. xIblisx 2,420
  8. --- 2,017
  9. asage94 1,894
  10. Metal Overlord 1,817
  11. nLiM8d 1,801
  12. HyperFalcon 1,446
  13. KumaOso 1,368
  14. PsychoIncarnate 1,293
  15. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy 1,227
  16. Johnknight1 1,058

.....Was it Omega's intention to just post as much BS as humanly possible in this thread?..
It seemed like the dude never slept. I am not even sure why post counts matter that much? At least back at Nsider you had ranks which explained why people would post non stop. Here? Not so much.

Wow, I would not have guessed that I was in third as far as posts are concerned. Perhaps I tailor it back?

No, I'm comparing an important NPC role (similar to say, Toad in Mario or Cranky Kong in Donkey Kong) and a guest character role with a GUEST MODE that is essentially a REMAKE of his ORIGINAL GAME to a main entry in the series that did poor compared to the previous titles. And not just in Japan.

Also, I doubt the choice for which GS character to use is in his power. Like how GameFreak pushed for Lucario and how Intelligent Systems reccomended Ike, I believe Camelot will push for Matthew.
Okay, I see I am not going to win here with Takamaru. I said what I had to say, so I'll make like a little birdie and move on.

I do not think Camelot is really going to care whether Sakurai chooses Isaac or Matthew. Not every subsidiary is as stringent as Game Freak and The Pokémon Company.

If Omega were here, then I know I wouldn't be ignored like 70% of the time like I am now LOL
I C U

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Which then leads to demand of cut characters. I couldn't tell you how many times I see the demand for Poison, Jun, Hugo, Elena, Alex, Urien, Kunimitsu, and Karin to return in their respective series.
But here's the thing... Street Fighter III cut a lot of characters from Street Fighter II... so fans demanded the return of SF2 characters.... but come Street Fighter IV, where the majority of characters are from SF2... but then the fans demand the return of SF3 characters...

Cuts simultaneously make fans demand the return of old characters AND become fans of new characters.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Even though 99.5% of my posts are in this thread, I tend to edit previous posts or wait until there's enough topics to respond to for a new post, so I'm only at barely above 600 in post count on this thread, probably.

And Metal Overlord, I notice you. ;)

Oh yah, on-topic; there's no reason Zoroark should replace Lucario. Keep Lucario, add Zoroark, bring back Mewtwo. Perfect.

D

Deleted member

I'm probably the only guy who semi-frequently checks to see how many posts a person makes.
Starphoenix said:
Wow, I would not have guessed that I was in third as far as posts are concerned. Perhaps I tailor it back?
Yeah, it seems that you're a lot less active then you really are.

D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it, I am now in support of Zoroark.
Not to replace Lucario. But just to be there.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Wow, Java, I just checked, and I have more posts than you! And I've only been here 5 months tomorrow.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That really doesn't matter. Mother and F-Zero only had two games each, and Ness and Captain Falcon were in SSB64.

For the most part, popularity is everything. This is why even though Famicon Wars is deserving of a character due to it's size, it isn't likely to get one due to lack of popularity for a character.
Then I guess we're even, Yuui.

* shrugs *

^_(-=^=-)_^

Not gonna give it up on Starf though. And I'm heading out. MUST. GET. SLEEP.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Who are the longest running SORT OF frequent posters on here?

Me, Star, Chrono, and Arcade used to post in the old SSB4 thread. Anyone else I'm missing? Toise doesn't pop in often enough to even be considered SORT OF frequent.

Circlejerk much?
giggity.

D

Deleted member

Who are the longest running SORT OF frequent posters on here?

Me, Star, Chrono, and Arcade used to post in the old SSB4 thread. Anyone else I'm missing? Toise doesn't pop in often enough to even be considered SORT OF frequent.

giggity.
It is undoubtedly ChronoBound, who's been around since the Pre-Melee days.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
  1. ♛Omega™ 9,501
  2. Oasis_S 3,261
  3. Starphoenix 3,075
  4. Super Smash Bros. Fan 2,980
  5. berserker01 2,974
  6. Shortiecanbrawl 2,960
  7. xIblisx 2,420
  8. --- 2,017
  9. asage94 1,894
  10. Metal Overlord 1,817
  11. nLiM8d 1,801
  12. HyperFalcon 1,446
  13. KumaOso 1,368
  14. PsychoIncarnate 1,293
  15. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy 1,227
  16. Johnknight1 1,058

.....Was it Omega's intention to just post as much BS as humanly possible in this thread?..
I am curious where I rank. I usually took long hiatuses from speculation though, before having bursts where I posted frequently.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
-hugs Metal Overlord- There you go.

Also, any character that became at AT could be playable. I'd say they have higher priority than series not mentioned.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So all that proves is that Sheik is more wanted than Impa. Thanks for conceding that point.
No I didn't say that, just was saying Sheik is popular for the wrong reasons. And less people like her because of her character than her tier position and 'omg-ninja'-style. Impa can also have that same ninja style, so in the end there would be no difference cause both would be 'that Zelda character who fights like a ninja'. Which is all what her popularity is about.

He didn't replace him. There's character data for Roy. With enough time, both would be in. Only Pichu was replaced. End of story.
There is nobody who came in for Pichu's literal place, or anyone besides Pikachu resembling him. Neither does anyone besides Pikachu have moves of him copied into their playstyle, or share any characteristics with him. Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere looking exactly like each other, and Ike suddenly creating fire out of his blade don't help you with your arguement.

And as I said before: it's the character that makes it into the game. Data or not, Mewtwo and Roy still are not playable. And seen as Roy doesn't even has a throphy, and Mewtwo not having a much realistic one you could easily say they where scrapped before being seriously considered.

Too bad you're plain out wrong. If they had character data, they would've been playable with enough time. Your point is wrong by that alone.
Brawl took already about 3 years to make. Surely more characters would be playable if it was in development for even another year. That's as simple as can be. But they didn't, because apperantly other characters got priority over them. And honestly... can you REALLY say you'd see both Ike and Roy in Brawl having both the same B move? I cannot picture it really.

Replacing a super popular character with a clone? Yeah, that matters quite a lot. Very few would be happy with it. It's really a bad business decision, and would lower sales. People want Sheik, not Impa. Ghirahim is indeed more likely.
Sheik's popularity WANED after Melee, a lot easily. Doubt that she's even the most popular of the Zelda characters, even with Link, Zelda and Ganondorf being SO bad in Brawl. She is easily the least relevant character in Smash, and the most misplaced. In Brawl it wasn't SO BAD yet (mainly because Zelda herself didn't do much in the meantime- it's MUCH different now), but with Smash 4 it goes too far.

AND SHEIK BEING REMOVED. WILL NOT. AND I REPEAT. WILL. NOT. DECREASE SALES.

Mewtwo >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Roy >>>>>>> Sheik in just about everything, yet did Brawl sell badly? No it didn't. Infact it was the best sold Smash game yet.

Excellent. That means Sheik and Impa can fight side by side. Which people would actually like.
No they wouldn't. They would ask why bother with Impa if Sheik is still in. It's one or the other. I actually prefer the other, as in Impa. Most legitimate choice for a Skyward Sword character anyway. I would like Ghirahim as well, but he's a one off. Why add a new one off when you're removing one anyway :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am curious where I rank. I usually took long hiatuses from speculation though, before having bursts where I posted frequently.
Well, going by your posts solely you would fit between Shortie and Iblis. A couple months from now I see everyone's posting habits to spike come E3.

On an off hand note, it looks like Pokémon Gray/Grey is on its way.

http://pokebeach.com/2011/12/new-forme-for-kyurem-officially-hinted-at

The bimonthly issue of CoroCoro magazine, Bessatsu CoroCoro, was just released in Japan has unveiled a new advertisement for the 15th movie which contains two eyebrow-raising captions: “What mystery is hidden in Kyurem?” and “Kyurem’s unseen power will be revealed!” If the statements are referring to anything, it’s obviously a new forme for Kyurem that will debut in the movie (like Giratina in Shaymin). Click the thumbnail below for a larger scan.

By extension, this means we’ll probably get our “Pokemon Gray” this next year and then the Ruby and Sapphire remakes in 2013. Still no word yet on when Keldeo will be revealed, but going by previous patterns, we will probably see it by February, then Kyurem’s new forme, and then the announcement for “Pokemon Gray” in April or May (all of this assuming that Pokemon is going to stick to the same patterns and that it’s not going to throw us a curve ball).

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Wow, Java, I just checked, and I have more posts than you! And I've only been here 5 months tomorrow.
Impressive. :)

-hugs Metal Overlord- There you go.

Also, any character that became at AT could be playable. I'd say they have higher priority than series not mentioned.
Agreed. AT's provide a sort of springboard or early conception for the character that makes it easier to make a moveset for them since the developers have a very basic idea of what the character could do. I expect a couple Brawl ATs to upgrade to playable status for the next game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Chronobound is 24th, and Metal you're 17th.

SSBF I was reffering to this site specifically, although it may very well be Chrono. I still am talking continued visitation. So, I would say that's probably Star...? All I know is I came here last between the four of us, so I would probably be ranked forth.

Too bad. I feel like if Deoxys had his chance, RS remakes would need to be released this year. Or at least be somewhat into development this year. :l

@Diddy Horsey. I'll look.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looking back at the old thread it makes me wish that I had actually joined in instead of going on a hiatus from SmashBoards when Brawl hype started to die down and complaints about balance began. :rolleyes:

Hmm, I did see that rumor about Gray, we should get some more news soon. I believe there was supposed to be a surprise announcement this month. I must say though, Kyurem getting another form was an easy prediction.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Post counts are great, but let's stay on the topic of Smash Bros. 4 please while we learn our post counts.

The Pokemon Grey announcement looks convincing. Only time will tell.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Looking back at the old thread it makes me wish that I had actually joined in instead of going on a hiatus from SmashBoards when Brawl started to die down and complaints about balance began.

Hmm, I did see that rumor about Gray, we should get some more news soon. I believe there was supposed to be a surprise announcement this month.
The old thread was like the Mars Hill of Smash Bros 4 discussion. Ironically we were farther out from the games announcement yet we seemed to have better discussion at the time.

Well Game Freak has stated today that there will be more Pokémon games in 2012 than there were in 2011. I believe there were about six in 2011.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Java would be ranked 26th, Diddy 25th, and YHT 35th I think. Arcade was 31st I do believe.

ANYWAYS...

The old thread was like the Mars Hill of Smash Bros 4 discussion. Ironically we were farther out from the games announcement yet we seemed to have better discussion at the time.

Well Game Freak has stated today that there will be more Pokémon games in 2012 than there were in 2011. I believe there were about six in 2011
Well there was less people who happened to be pretty big names, and it moved pretty slow... so go figure. Im more excited for my FIRST "Pre-Smash HYPE" years to start. I don't recall much of Brawl's, I was too young and MUCH stupider.

Much stupider.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Well Game Freak has stated today that there will be more Pokémon games in 2012 than there were in 2011. I believe there were about six in 2011.
So long for wanting equal representation I guess? Maybe we'll even get up to 8 playable Pokémon characters in Sm4sh even...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I probably would have quit (or at least been very inactive) the Smash Bros. fandom had Ridley been in Brawl. I have wanted Ridley since Melee's announcement, and over 10 years later I still have not played as him.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Oh well, I doubt that I would have contributed effectively, I was young and reckless back then, a total noob. I once ranted about Skyworld being a neutal/counterpick stage. :laugh:

I think there was 4 games, but either way that's starting to milk it (thinks back to what Iblis said earlier today :awesome:).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I probably would have quit (or at least been very inactive) the Smash Bros. fandom had Ridley been in Brawl. I have wanted Ridley since Melee's announcement, and over 10 years later I still have not played as him.
How old were you during the Pre-Melee days, you seem to remember much more than I did during the Pre-Brawl days. I was... 13 during Pre-Brawl, and while I was quite active for a few months on Nsider, I left after about half a year. You have knowledge. Feed me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My first post here on this forum was about disbelief of Mewtwo's bottom tier placement in Melee. Then again, even as a kid I mostly fought scrubs alone.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Im more excited for my FIRST "Pre-Smash HYPE" years to start. I don't recall much of Brawl's, I was too young and MUCH stupider.

Much stupider.
Don't feel too bad, I was much much worse back then. Imagine our old pal Chris the Ripper except trying to appear better and you'd had have me in a nutshell. It will certainly be interesting to go through all the hype again. I still remember the pre-Brawl days... Good times...

Wow. Long time.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I've been lurking here for over 2 years, mostly to see if a new Smash was announced and also how to use certain characters in Brawl (mainly Dedede, Sonic and Wario).

Haha, I remember that Chris the Ripper dude from my lurking days. DBZ fantard at his finest :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking we will start seeing details on Grey/Gray starting April or May. It is way too expected to be a surprise.

I think how this could relate to Smash 4 discussion is if Zoroark/Victini were to graduate from Event Pokemon status. If only one of them do, I would say that is the primary candidate for SSB4. If both of them do, odds are likely to stay the same. If neither, well, nothing really changes based off that unless they were to play a major role in it.

I used to be quite immature on the Internet (there are some things I will never reveal about myself). Back in late, 2008, I did a nonsensical rant on Brawl and mostly whined about the character selection and the lack of Mega Man (this was on Video-game-info Forum). Remembering back, it makes me glad I have changed for the better.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
How old were you during the Pre-Melee days, you seem to remember much more than I did during the Pre-Brawl days. I was... 13 during Pre-Brawl, and while I was quite active for a few months on Nsider, I left after about half a year. You have knowledge. Feed me.
Around the same age as you during pre-Brawl. I would say 12-14....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom