• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Obviously, you didn't. Read the ENTIRE thing, including the part where I added "OR".

@SSBF You mean tiers, right?
I was referring to Sakurai having to balance out multiple entire rosters if we replace characters for DLC. But as Young Horsetail said, tier adjustments would be crazy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's why I suggested the rotate slot system. Nobody gets replaced. Of course, balance is a nightmare. Nobody disagrees with that.

Also, I prefer Assist Trophies. If only because Assist Commands is just literally ripping it from MvC. The AT's were pretty original.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
AT's are just like Pokéballs, but with less variation and no Pokémon characters. They should try to make AT's with many more characters, especially those who already are thropies.

:phone:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I agree with hyper plus IMO assist commmands would be boring all they would do is "appear from the side/hammer space, do something, then disappear to the side/hammer space" XD

@shortie
Someone here said that Rosalina was originally supposed to be an AT but was changed to gardevoir because of similar structures.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I have sincere doubts that Nintendo is going to go through all that effort.

Wasn't there a bug on Other M that they fixed using like a download via the user's SD card?

They should try to make AT's with many more characters, especially those who already are thropies.
With you on the last part.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
AT's were SO original. They were the first item you pick up, and a character pops out and preforms and attack. THE FIRST.

I don't like ATs either. They feel like Pokeballs. But, maybe they were supposed to feel like that? I've heard that Gardevior was planned to be an AT at one point? I think it was her. It was a Pokemon for sure.

As for balancing, Sakurai should just do patches.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Would anyone like being able to STORE items. I wonder if the competitive players would like that kind of depth. :troll:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hmm, I see... At least I'd like to let an assist accompany my character, and I don't everyone would attackers. Some could give you support, act like an item, etc.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokémon ATs don't make sence... i'd like some more Fire Emblem ones actually. Generic classes like Druids, Generals or Wyvernriders would be cool.

Also characters who where cut before would make awesome ATs. Young Link, Dr.Mario, Roy, Sheik... :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just wondering, how do you think they should improve Assist Trophies? I still find em "appear, do something, disapper"-styled, and thus, boring.

Why they can't like pull off Marvel Vs Capcom and bring us assist command characters...

Probably because of the control scheme. That being said, I would like it if you could store an AT and then use it like a MvC assist but one time only.
Would anyone like being able to STORE items. I wonder if the competitive players would like that kind of depth. :troll:
Actually, that could be something worth looking into. Make it something like Street Fighter X Tekken's gem system and I think we'd be looking at something that could very well satisfy both ends of the spectrum.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
i'd like some more Fire Emblem ones actually. Generic classes like Druids, Generals or Wyvernriders would be cool.
Pegasus Sisters. Enough said.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
When hammers and stars are involved, things get a big complex though.

I dunno, that was just one of the first things I imagined that SCREEN being used for. On either version, I guess.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
When hammers and stars are involved, things get a big complex though.

I dunno, that was just one of the first things I imagined that SCREEN being used for. On either version, I guess.
Which is why I said make it something like SFxTK. The gems, from what we've seen, aren't too bad in terms of boosts and they last no more than 30 seconds.

Smash items, on the other hand, toss balance out of the window for better or worse.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I kinda liked the Franklin Badge in Brawl though. But lots and lots of items really became very powerful all of the sudden in Brawl. In Melee lots of attacks where still strong as items where, but Brawl it feels less so.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Are we talking items now?

Here's an idea:

Another item idea, a very simply one at that: Wastepaper, as found in Chibi-Robo.

Basically, it's just scraps of paper lying around on the ground. You can pick them up an throw them at people for minor damage. When they hit a person, they explode in shreds of paper. Very simple item.

The one unique attribute of them is sometimes when they explode, they'll instead explode with stickers flying out, which can be collected of course.

And also, the Bull Cap from both the original Wario Land and Virtual Boy Wario Land:

Basically imagine the above pith helmet with spikes.

Wearing the Bull Cap grants you increased power, and one unique ability; if you jump towards a ceiling while wearing the Bull Cap, the horns will stick into the ceiling and you will hang from it. You can then jump down from your spot and use your attacks or jump again. This makes this item extremely useful for recovery, especially under stages like Battlefield.

Mario_and_Sonic_Guy had a concept for it called "Cubeivore". Which was a solid concept.
The name was actually Rotohex.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe just tweak the spawn rates? Maybe you're lucky enough to grab a star and STORE IT, and when your opponent has you on the ROPES, you take it out.

I wonder what other situations could be done. Honestly, I'm remembering Mario Kart: Double Dash!! when I think of this. In that you could only hold two items at once. Keeping it at two would keep things simple.

OH. What if like with the Dragoon parts, you could knock held items off?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For a Fire Emblem Assist Trophy, I would like to see someone from Seisen no Keifu. Sety with Holsety, Alvis with Falaflame, Ishtar with Throhammer, or Julia with Narga would all be good choices.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Alvis is a huge ****.

What is that thing he does before he ENDS YOUR GAME?
He should do that and say something evil like "Your time ends now." Or something. I'll have to watch that cutscene again. Surely he says something good.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Alvis is a huge ****.

What is that thing he does before he ENDS YOUR GAME?
He should do that and say something evil like "Your time ends now." Or something. I'll have to watch that cutscene again. Surely he says something good.
Spoilers ahoy. Alvis is much more complicated though. Definitely a tragic villain, and definitely the deepest antagonist there is in a Nintendo game.

D

Deleted member

For a Fire Emblem Assist Trophy, I would like to see someone from Seisen no Keifu. Sety with Holsety, Alvis with Falaflame, Ishtar with Throhammer, or Julia with Narga would all be good choices.
What are your thoughts on Sigurd/Celice being Assist Trophy, who were lords in FE4?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ash Crimson, Bridget, and Marth - The Holy Trinity of Traps

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
FE4 and 5 definitly deserve at least some representation, it's a shame they didn't get it in Brawl (unless the costumes count).

Personally I'd like to hear this song.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Seisen no Keifu and Thracia 776 were the only Fire Emblems to receive no content at all in Brawl.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wow! I thought Marth couldn't get anymore camp! I like that costume though, even if I have no idea who it's supposed to be.

What about something like a FE item? Like, a spear? Simple. You gain a lot more reach when using you can aim where you throw it.

Wellit'sbeenoutfor16yearsandonlytheninJapansoproba blynoonehereisgoingtoplayitbutohwell. Pretty sure I don't want to know any more of Alvis since it'll probably just make me cry Strong tears.
Better get your mop out.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Spoilers ahoy. Alvis is much more complicated though. Definitely a tragic villain, and definitely the deepest antagonist there is in a Nintendo game.
Wellit'sbeenoutfor16yearsandonlytheninJapansoprobablynoonehereisgoingtoplayitbutohwell. Pretty sure I don't want to know any more of Alvis since it'll probably just make me cry Strong tears.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Makes a grown man cry?

Sadistic

Thumbs up Java! The horn cap would be an excellent Wario addition from an excellent Wario game.

I've yet to try out that wall cling ability you speak of, sounds campy: much like the Vikings?

D

Deleted member

I actually think Celice could work really well as a costume for Marth.

When I saw the box cover for FE4, I seriously though that was Marth. So it could work.

And yeah, I do find the unequal amount of representation in Fire Emblem sad. Hopefully, Sakurai will recognize this and add some trophies, stickers, and perhaps a few remixes of musics.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wonder will they keep Lip's Stick as an item. I wish they won't.
Sakurai taking Lip's own property and never giving any credit to her is ticking me off: I mean, Brawl's Lip's Stick-trophy mentions absolutely nothing about Lip herself.

D

Deleted member

If it were up to Sakurai, we would get THIS guy as a new FE character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wonder will they keep Lip's Stick as an item. I wish they
won't.
Sakurai taking Lip's own property and never giving any credit to her is ticking me off: I mean, Brawl's trophy mentions absolutely nothing about Lip herself.

...Because it's about the item and not her. She needs her own Trophy. That's like talking about Bowser/Kirby's(depends where it consider it from) in the Star Wand Trophy. It makes absolutely no sense. And unless Lip becomes playable, the item should stay. Actually, keep it anyway. One of the best skilled items we could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom