• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
xIblisx said:
I'm starting to get the feeling the put out half-*** stuff, wait a couple of months, and then fix it. Getting more money out of you.
You can count on it sensible man! Nintendo's released all kinds of **** to meet the needs of gimmicky appeal.

Gotta keep in mind that the company is a business first, let us be intelligent consumers.

assage said:
I'd get p!ssed if they charged for Characters, but I'd still do it.
Its mostly in the interest of development time. You can either get Brawl Sonic 2007, or you can get BRAWL Sonic dev team 05'.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I'd get p!ssed if they charged for Characters, but I'd still do it.
Same, but instead they could be worth 75-100 wii points. Play one SSB4 match to get one , play 15 to get 20. Every 15 more matches you get 20 pts in stead of 15 more. 15/20, 30/40, 45/50

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is what I'm talking about... People choose Jiggz becasue of her appearences.
If we replaced Jiggs with Meowth, everything would be fine
Switching Jigglypuff now for Meowth makes very little sence to me. She is a long time veteran, and should only be replaced by someone just as popular and probably newer than Meowth.

Plus, I'd rather have Snorlax than Meowth. But Meowth makes sence in a Cat vs Mouse- kind of thing. Rivality works well in fighting games.

I'd personally be cool with Meowth replacing Jigglypuff, but I don't really see it happening yet.

And I now want Snorlax to as a Luigified DLC Jigglypuff clone.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Switching Jigglypuff now for Meowth makes very little sence to me. She is a long time veteran, and should only be replaced by someone just as popular and probably newer than Meowth.

Plus, I'd rather have Snorlax than Meowth. But Meowth makes sence in a Cat vs Mouse- kind of thing. Rivality works well in fighting games.

I'd personally be cool with Meowth replacing Jigglypuff, but I don't really see it happening yet.

And I now want Snorlax to as a Luigified DLC Jigglypuff clone.

Munchlax* Just saying.

Meowth and Pikachu have formed a rivalry in game and in the anime. Plus Meowth is a VERY popular PKMN. But we HAVE to have a god damn marshmellow rep our PKMN team.

That's strong, Sakurai, VERY strong.

For years, I've always wanted Raichu playable, longer than any PKMN on the book. If I saw 'this', the my life would be awesome again.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
@Bowserlick
I've been thinking about how you say Zelda's transforming represents the Triforce of Wisdom. That's never been said, and even if they wanted to represent that, there are other ways to do that besides an inefficient transformation.
Just saw this. Came back from the gym and found an abundance of posts to plow through. You are right. It was another stated. This is my take on the concept coming from a design perspective.

There are other ways to represent the Triforce of Wisdom. However, so far Sakurai has not done any large changes to returning non-clone characters. This does not mean he will not. But I think balancing is all that is needed. Perhaps switching characters can also be an attack.

Zelda's problem is that she is suppose to be the defensive, strong character. But she is only strong if she sweetspots exactly on most of her attacks (and incredibly weak if she sourspots). Sheik, meanwhile, has built in combos in her attacks. Zelda does not fit her role properly because of balance issues.

Sakurai was the only one to balance the game. He stated that more people will be involved in the process. This is the source of the problem. Some characters have very few weaknesses, allowing them to be better at roles that they have no business being good in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jigglypuff was a half clone of Kirby in 64, just with different specials. Maybe that's why she got priority over Meowth and Mewtwo back then?

Raichu and Pichu could easily come with Pikachu in his moveset. Yellow is not even needed, that was just an idea to 'expand' on Pokémon Trainer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pichu evolved into Raichu. He left because he was hated, and now wants to make a name for himself.
Yeah, that would be an awesome backstory.
More likely that Pichu evolved into Pikachu in Brawl. He has his costumes, suddenly learned Volt Tackle, which requires Evolution.

I agree, but Mai boi Raichu... Well...

Pichu's back...
Raichu, honestly, I didn't find interesting at all. He's barely shown up in the Anime, and the only other time was so they could repeat the Lt. Surge story. Which was a waste of an episode. As for the games, he's not nearly as popular as Pikachu or even Pichu(oddly enough). It may be due to the other two being much smaller and apparently cuter.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jigglypuff was a half clone of Kirby in 64, just with different specials. Maybe that's why she got priority over Meowth and Mewtwo back then?

Raichu and Pichu could easily come with Pikachu in his moveset. Yellow is not even needed, that was just an idea to 'expand' on Pokémon Trainer.

Pikachu doesn't punch much. Trust me, Raichu can become his own, unique character. They *could* clone him, but it's still *possible* to unique him.

@Hyper Then the Old Pikachu evolved. Also, Raichu has shown up on many anime episodes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Luigify Raichu as a clone and give him a couple of 64's Pikachu's moves. Like Nair, or the ultimate Fair of doom. Also the F Throw.

Raichu I imagine being somewhat like Pikachu plays like in Brawl, but with more power on his A moves, longer reach, about Falco's weight, but he's got some lag on his more powerful moves than Pikachu does. But, he's overall a slight faster runner.

Seeing as I want Pikachu smaller anyway (like Olimar small), Raichu could fill in the need of a buffer Pikachu. Pichu would be even smaller, but would have 'misfire' attacks and Thunder Wave to stun enemies with. And a speed boost to when landing with Up B with no landing lag on it.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
This is most certainly getting out of hand.

To ease us back into the actual topic I've composed a thought in my mind.

Click on the picture.

Though I was disappointed that Deoxys was placed into an item for his representation form and I still champion him as PC, I would settle on a Pokeball that befits his design.

I use this picture to demonstrate, that or remind us that NPC's can be manipulated in a way that is free form or event driven.

Characters have performed these events before the Brawl era, moving about in a nonlinear pattern (so to speak)

Deoxys could have easily performed just how we have envisioned him to function: Utilizing his many forms

From the start up, his natural form would raise up and drop down at a randomly chosen place. It would be much similar to the fashion of King DDD's Up B or Kirby's Stone. This attack would represent his Defense form (to which I imagine is somewhat heavy)

From his grounded position, he would seek out targets using his Speed form. Whoever he passes would receive light stun attacks. Finally when he distinguishes his intended target, he would use (you guessed it) his attack form to deliver a heavy blow.

Of course, depending on your damage level you have the possibility of being star KO'd after being hit.

Deoxys seems to be more of a indistinct versatile character over a power/energy burst character, this mostly based on his DNA inspired abilities. The form that we've seen in Brawl hasn't been made clear to me by my understanding of the character, so I'm not sure why it was chosen.

What do you guys think? Should Pokeball pokemon have a more distinct feel as the likes of Blastoise or Chikorita (who's attacks have reference) or should they have an unpredictable (albeit unidentifiable) feel to them so that they keep you guessing?

D

Deleted member

asage94 said:
Use your head, SSBF. Are you going to fit more than 100 characters in your roster? No, and even though it's possible, they WON'T do it. So, if you want to add a character, when you have a max roster, you'll have to replace another character. I might revamp my thought and say that Any character can replace any character.
Smash cannot just put up a load of DLC. Sakurai has been about finishing up products and always will be. So this right off the bat has no chance of happening.

100 characters being balanced is a nightmare. Try having to balanced many variation of 50 characters with your plan.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Smash cannot just put up a load of DLC. Sakurai has been about finishing up products and always will be. So this right off the bat has no chance of happening.

100 characters being balanced is a nightmare. Try having to balanced many variation of 50 characters with your plan.
...Ok, now I CAN call bs troll on this. Go back to my comment, and see that I said 50.

EDIT: This is what I said:
asage94 said:
I wanna touch base with DLC again... But this time, a little more complex.

Obviously, the games will have a hard time taking in 100 characters at once, so why not have a "replace" act happen? Here's what I mean:

Say you want Raichu. In order to use him, you must either have an open slot (Let's say 50 is the max # of characters), or replace someone in the roster.

The way I see it, if we can fit characters in, in a way that suits everyone, that would make SSB4 THE best fighting game, so long as it has good graphics/original battling grasp.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Asage: Works for me. Now, add in Spiky-Eared Shiny Pichu. Mostly because it was worthless in the games. Sakurai's allowed to Troll, after all. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Patches being internationally released for balance issues should fix this. Along with an online complaint centre where fans can point out the problems in balance.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Trust me, you don't want the game to turn into that, Street Fighter XYZ, Marvel vs Ultimate money grinder, King of Fighters 207

Its nuts.

D

Deleted member

...Ok, now I CAN call bs troll on this. Go back to my comment, and see that I said 50.
I know you said 50, but there are so many potential combination you would have to balance it's not worth the effort or time. He would have to balance out many entire rosters if it happens if you replaced one character with another.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Agreeing with N, on the last about Deoxys. He could be really interesting to have.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I know you said 50, but there are so many potential combination you would have to balance it's not worth the effort or time. He would have to balance out many entire rosters if it happens.
Wha... You said I said 100! You JUST said it!

100 characters being balanced is a nightmare. Try having to balanced many variation of 50 characters with your plan,
Or were you infering something else? Because you once said the max pop for teh roster could be 55 or something. And if I'm correct, Nintendo doesn't approve on the Smash tournies... SO I HEAR. So idrk.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here are my ideas for the four types of stages on the PKMN Stadium 3 level...

Ghost – Here, we would have a foggy setting with greyer colored everything. This feeling of intimation and well, dead. On the left we have a few headstones, with e Sableye poking his head out from the side of one of them, occasionally his ruby eyes would glint, and he would snicker. A black spiked, barred fence would be on the right. Here a frightened Litwick would occasionally look behind it, to see if anything was behind the fence. On the other side you would see a pair of glowing red eyes, and slowly, Litwick would look behind itself only to be scared by a Gengar yelling and sticking it’s tongue out.

Hazard – Fog and Swipe. Sableye will occasionally pick an item up from the stage, and throw it at the player. The fog can make it difficult to see at times.

Fighting – Matted dirt with a few patches of grass would cover the floor. Here, we would see an anciten coliseum site. Now, only pillars are left to remind the Pokemon that great and mighty fights once were duked out in this area. On the right we have a Machoke and Hitmontop battling one another. As they practice, occasionally, one will get the upperhand and whatnot. Perching on the pillars we see a Medicham, and Tyrogue meditating, trying to keep their balance, you know, out with the bad and in with the good. Fighters live by that, ya know. Lastly, A Gurrdurr would be lifting heavy fallen pillars, which he may accidentally drop on field, which would rack up damage, and of course change the layout of the field.

Hazards
– Sparring pair and pillars. Pillars will pretty much KO you, and from time to time Hitmontop or Machoke will trip onto the field, which can hurt someone.

Bug – A Hustle and Bustle feel comes fromm a vibrant forest filled with some of the cutest of Pokemon. In the airspace, Butterfree, Mothim, and Shedinja flutter about together. In the center of the stage an Ariados has made herself a web. A massive one. To the right you can see a silent killer. Genesect is looking around, suspiciously. Occasionally, Pinser, Krikitune, or Ninjask will attack it, only to be swiftly defeated.

Hazards – Spinkles and Sting shot. Touching one of the flying insects will cause paralysis, sleep, or poison, so be careful. Ariados tends to string shot at times, which leaves the ground sticky. You won’t be able to jump in the stick, and will generally walk slower.

Psychic – Purple tiled floors and a darkness are felt throughout this stadium. To the right we have Alakazam effortlessly bending spoon after spoon. Beside him is a Gardevior. She is expanding, and deflating shields. The fluctuating barriers sometimes seep onto the stage, where all projectiles will bounce off their walls. To the left we have Beyheeyem looking to the sky, in hopes to connect with the ones from above. Occasionally, the Alien spacecraft will flicker lights over him, eventually he will rise into the air, and never be seen again. He is next to a prophet Pokemon. Xatu will try to foresee the winner of the battle. He takes over the scoreboard and spells out his prediction with Unknown letters. (He will use your custom name even). In the center of the stage we will have Mewtwo or Deoxys. Mewtwo will watch the battle, and comment. Snicker at someone losing, “Good” someone who is doing well ect. If it’s Deoxys, he’ll sit there and change forms, zooming around the air space.

Hazards – Sheild. Gardey can use her shield to block projectiles ect.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Actually, he never stated anything that close to putting words in your mouth.

It's not necessary to argue over that either.

Which reminds me, FanMan u done bro?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What about Ariados creating web platforms, much like Squitter did in DKC2 and 3? Otherwise it seems like a damn awful difficult stage to fight at.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Actually, he never stated anything that close to putting words in your mouth.

It's not necessary to argue over that either.

Which reminds me, FanMan u done bro?
Check the comment again -_-

I gtg. I heard about someone spreading PKMN rumors. Time for the rage machine to kill them >:]

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I did and you're probably reading it wrong.

Since we're on the subject of items and such

ELEMENTAL STARS
[COLLAPSE="..."]

If we are fortunate enough to add the Golden Sun franchise to the Fray, then we may be able to gain some of their important elements

Click on the picture and Skip to 2:15

I had suggested this before, however the concept was a bit more dense in context before now.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, this is a Djinni. After the events of the first game that worked to repeal the power of Alchemy, these little guys were unleashed and scattered across the Land . There are four types of Djinn, to each respective type: Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water. (Similar to the basic forms of Psynergy).

As the player, you encounter them throughout your quest, spotting them throughout regions, pokemon-esque battles, or as gifts. They help to bolster your stats in strength, speed, and other aspects.

After using their special ability in battle (or by setting them in the off position) you can use their accumulated powers for summons.

ARTIST'S Depiction

Although I would very much like to see a summon tablet glistening from the sky for use, I'm not sure that the new Dev team share's Dark Dawn's enthusiasm for extravagant Summon cut scenes.

As an alternative, I figure that these creatures are in many ways similar to that of pocket monsters. Before the release of Dark Dawn, the Djinn shared a race to their respective element, each with different abilities but with the standard design of that race. Now, each Djinn has a unique design making each ability more recognizable.

again the picture is clickable for further demonstration/information, so feel free.

What came to mind is that of pokeballs. All that would be necessary are four different color spheres or perhaps a single sphere that changes its pallet (to which I'm sure the designers can pull off after the smash ball) to those four colors: Red, Blue, Purple, Yellow. After acquiring the 'Star', one of the many Djinn would appear and perform its unique ability.

Don't let me have all the fun though, feel free to add![/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: I'd love that. It gives the Pokemon Stadium more of a personality and makes it looks more of something lively then another Stadium with type gimmicks.
asage94 said:
Or were you infering something else? Because you once said the max pop for teh roster could be 55 or something.
I was inferring to the fact that balancing multiple 50 slots roster is even harder to do then balancing one 100 slot roster, the latter of which we know is not happening.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Check the comment again -_-
If I am easing you correctly, you are supposing a 100 character roster total with any given game only containing 59 characters at a time. Any person in a position to download dlc can switch any one of his/hers 50 characters for another character out of the remaining pool of 50 characters. If this is correct than ssbf is correct in saying that you will need to balance each character as if they were in the same game as all 100 characters at the same time and all his points stand. If you are not saying this reword your statements.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I did and you're probably reading it wrong.

Since we're on the subject of items and such

ELEMENTAL STARS
[COLLAPSE="..."]

If we are fortunate enough to add the Golden Sun franchise to the Fray, then we may be able to gain some of their important elements

Click on the picture and Skip to 2:15

I had suggested this before, however the concept was a bit more dense in context before now.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, this is a Djinni. After the events of the first game that worked to repeal the power of Alchemy, these little guys were unleashed and scattered across the Land . There are four types of Djinn, to each respective type: Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water. (Similar to the basic forms of Psynergy).

As the player, you encounter them throughout your quest, spotting them throughout regions, pokemon-esque battles, or as gifts. They help to bolster your stats in strength, speed, and other aspects.

After using their special ability in battle (or by setting them in the off position) you can use their accumulated powers for summons.

ARTIST'S Depiction

Although I would very much like to see a summon tablet glistening from the sky for use, I'm not sure that the new Dev team share's Dark Dawn's enthusiasm for extravagant Summon cut scenes.

As an alternative, I figure that these creatures are in many ways similar to that of pocket monsters. Before the release of Dark Dawn, the Djinn shared a race to their respective element, each with different abilities but with the standard design of that race. Now, each Djinn has a unique design making each ability more recognizable.

again the picture is clickable for further demonstration/information, so feel free.

What came to mind is that of pokeballs. All that would be necessary are four different color spheres or perhaps a single sphere that changes its pallet (to which I'm sure the designers can pull off after the smash ball) to those four colors: Red, Blue, Purple, Yellow. After acquiring the 'Star', one of the many Djinn would appear and perform its unique ability.

Don't let me have all the fun though, feel free to add![/COLLAPSE]
Obviously, you didn't. Read the ENTIRE thing, including the part where I added "OR".

@SSBF You mean tiers, right?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Djinni as items? Functioning like the Dragoon perhaps, get 4 of the same ones or many different ones and unleash a Summon! That would be awesome, if not a bit much work...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ow yeah they are overpowered in Golden Sun. Up to the point normal Psynergy is even regarded as useless almost. Its all weapon unleashes, Djinn and Summons in Golden Sun. At least, if you do it the quick and effective way. Other than that, Djinni are needed to upgrade classes and abilities.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Asage, you and I are talking about two very different things. I thought you were leaving anyhow...?

Djinn

I don't see why collecting them can't happen. They did it for the Air Ride item.

All that would need to happen is for Camelot to create a summon that involves all four elementals.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Or not? Keep it with the ones we have, which already is a giant list by now...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Meaning only four, there's not going to be a time where the players are collecting 17 different Djinn Stars.

That doesn't even sound fun.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Make it work I guess? Or keep it with the basic one elemental ones. If only Isaac makes it they can pull it of.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just wondering, how do you think they should improve Assist Trophies? I still find em "appear, do something, disapper"-styled, and thus, boring.

Why they can't like pull off Marvel Vs Capcom and bring us assist command characters...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well the complexity has begun, I think we're both discussing the players on the screen right?

Smash bros characters and not Golden Sun characters? I don't see any PC representation beyond him.

LOL FanMan, tier adjustments are already crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom