• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That's Nabarl from Marth's games.
He's Sakurai's favorite FE character.

D

Deleted member

You may be right. I underestimated how big it would be...*sweatdrop*

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Narbal? Or Narbarl? something like that.

Anyways, he is much more interesting than Ike, Marth, and Roy, because he has two blades. That could be interesting~

That's what she said.

But yeah, collapse it.
No she did not.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
^who is that?
Nabarl. A mercenary from FE1/FE3/FE11/FE12. He is Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem character. He mentioned this in response to a post asked for Oguma to be in Melee (Oguma is another mercenary unit from Marth's games, however, Sakurai said he did not like him getting so much requests while Nabarl got much less, Sakurai then said as an aside that Nabarl was his favorite Fire Emblem character).

Interestingly enough, Monsho no Nazo got only three stickers, and while Oguma was not one of them, Nabarl was. :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
...Because it's about the item and not her. She needs her own Trophy. That's like talking about Bowser/Kirby's(depends where it consider it from) in the Star Wand Trophy. It makes absolutely no sense. And unless Lip becomes playable, the item should stay. Actually, keep it anyway. One of the best skilled items we could get.
One of the Stone transformations that Kirby makes also references Panel de Pon, so the Lip's Stick's removal wouldn't exactly remove all Panel de Pon references.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
HyperFalcon: I find Lip's Stick a blocking obstacle for Lip getting ever playable, it's quite wierd she hasn't been given her own trophy. Why is this...

:phone:

D

Deleted member

More or less, I think Lip's big roadblock is her lack of overall popularity.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@MASG: There's no reason to remove the item.

@Horsetail: Not true at all. Items don't mean a thing. They're there because they're there. Lip can be playable just the same. Look at when we got the Spin Attack(Metroid). It didn't make Samus' move unusable. There's no reason to believe that it being an item means anything.

GY has it right. She needs popularity, not an item removal.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If it were up to Sakurai, we would get THIS guy as a new FE character.
Marth already plays a lot like a Swordsmaster so its no surprise really. Quick cutting, tipper sweetspot, critical hit as Final Smash...

D

Deleted member

Marth already plays a lot like a Swordsmaster so its no surprise really. Quick cutting, tipper sweetspot, critical hit as Final Smash...

Nabarl has two blades, so that could make him different from Marth in some way.

And he's also known for being a bandit, so dirty tricks and sneak attacks seem in his alley...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Seeing all these Panel De Pon-references popping up more in each SSB-sequel, I wonder how it should be represented in SSB4. Sakurai has said Panel De Pon to be "a masterpiece" back in pre-Melee stages when he was asked about Lip...

D

Deleted member

Only in Shadow Dragon's official artwork he has two blades. He never actually uses two blades while fighting in any of the four games he has been in.
*points to Fox using a Blaster, which was only seen in artwork until Assault*

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nabarl. A mercenary from FE1/FE3/FE11/FE12. He is Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem character. He mentioned this in response to a post asked for Oguma to be in Melee (Oguma is another mercenary unit from Marth's games, however, Sakurai said he did not like him getting so much requests while Nabarl got much less, Sakurai then said as an aside that Nabarl was his favorite Fire Emblem character).

Interestingly enough, Monsho no Nazo got only three stickers, and while Oguma was not one of them, Nabarl was. :troll:
It is telling. It does seem that he excludes characters he dislikes in Smash games... so, if Sakurai hates Starfy, why isn't Starfy absent in Brawl? He got more than just one sticker... he had a few stickers, a couple trophies, and an Assist Trophy. Where did that rumor about Sakurai hating Starfy come from?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nabarl has two blades, so that could make him different from Marth in some way.

And he's also known for being a bandit, so dirty tricks and sneak attacks seem in his alley...
What Chrono said.

Lyn would have a better shot as a Swordsmaster-like character anyway. But I'd prefer Hector out of most other lords.

And if Roy is being planned to return in a FE6 remake, I would really, really want him back I'll add. If so, I could easily imagine 4 FE Lords in Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

It is telling. It does seem that he excludes characters he dislikes in Smash games... so, if Sakurai hates Starfy, why isn't Starfy absent in Brawl? He got more than just one sticker... he had a few stickers, a couple trophies, and an Assist Trophy. Where did that rumor about Sakurai hating Starfy come from?

Clearly, because he doesn't let bias get too much in the way. Starfy is somewhat a big series whether Sakurai likes it or not. So it HAD to have something regardless of his feelings on it.

But notice that Starfy is the only Assist Trophy you can damage. And that he's frigging useless. And that his Dojo update states: "Stafy, why did you even come here?!"

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Ya'll need to slow down on the posting I'm trying to read through but you guys just keep posting :L

Anyway this has probably been mentioned many times before but is anyone else hoping that Falco gets an Arwing as his Final Smash instead of that crappy Landmaster?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
GY: I'm dreading how Sakurai will handle Starfy-series this time in SSB4...

Opelucid: Now that would've fitted him good. Personally, he prefers the AIR.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Clearly, because he doesn't let bias get too much in the way. Starfy is somewhat a big series whether Sakurai likes it or not. So it HAD to have something regardless of his feelings on it.

But notice that Starfy is the only Assist Trophy you can damage. And that he's frigging useless. And that his Dojo update states: "Stafy, why did you even come here?!"
Hmmm... I wonder if Sakurai decides to add Starfy as a playable character to show us that he can be unbiased but then turns around and makes Starfy the new Pichu, a new joke character, in a not-so-subtle way to show his contempt towards Starfy?

D

Deleted member

Fox was able to use blasters in the onfoot multiplayer in 64.
*goes to check on 64 having on-foot* *Finds videos of it*

Strange. I never knew 64 had on-foot shooting in multiplayer....

But still. Regardless of whether the character has done a certain thing in their game or not (in the case of Nabarl, not using two swords while his art shows two swords), it can work in Smash.
I mean, in the Kirby series prior to Super Star Ultra, Dedede never had a "mechanized" hammer. And even in SSU, it's nothing like Brawl's.

Captain Falcon never fought outside his ship in the F-Zero series, but was given a moveset that's partly based off of an original character from Smash's prototype, and partly based off of Kamen Rider.

At least Nabarl has two swords in artwork. Which means that can be transfered into Smash and makes more sense than Kamen Rider Falcon.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Arcadenik: I remember saying something like that before here. SSBF thinks Sakurai cannot do that since everyone in the world are aware what Starfy's capable of due his last game getting an international release.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Fox was able to use blasters in the onfoot multiplayer in 64.
Those were Rocket Launchers, man. Or Missile Launchers. Eh. It wasn't "blasters". Those were based upon the Arwing ability. Just like the Reflector is most likely similar to the Silver Ring(and that you can reflect stuff with a Barrel Roll). His Up B was very similar to the Booster in general. Then Forward B further went into it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So if Roy is in a remake you want him back but if Shiek is in a remake she isn't relevant? :embarrass:
Main difference being: Roy's game will be remade to appeal to western fans also, who couldn't play the game before.

And Sheik won't be different each time OoT will be remade, she's still the same old character who doesn't do that much at all.

I think that's a difference. At least Roy is a full edged main character.

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik: I remember saying something like that before here. SSBF thinks Sakurai cannot do that since everyone in the world are aware what Starfy's capable of due his last game getting an international release.

We're talking the man that make Kamen Rider Falcon, and by association, Captain Ganon.

He could make Ridley a clone of JIGGLYPUFF if he wanted to.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Strong tears.
WHEN WILL IT STOP?

Ya'll need to slow down on the posting I'm trying to read through but you guys just keep posting :L

Anyway this has probably been mentioned many times before but is anyone else hoping that Falco gets an Arwing as his Final Smash instead of that crappy Landmaster?
This thread is moving at light speeds. And I have little to say. :ohwell:

I think everyone can agree Falco and Wolf need new Final Smashes. Falco an Arwing, Wolf either a Wolfen or a Star Wolf assault. MAKE IT HAPPEN, SAKURAI.

I'd use Starfy anyway though, I loved Pichu being the 'little kid' of Melee anyway.
I actually made Pichu my third main in Melee simply because the "beat-up little neglected orhpan kid" feeling he gave me appealed to me and made using it even cooler because I was killing things as a suicidal electric mouse.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganon being a Falcon clone doesn't really lookmthat out of place, just a waste of what he otherwise could have been.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
GY: well, in expence of getting bad reception from Starfy-fans, including me. But like he'd care, I guess...

I'd use Starfy anyway though, I loved Pichu being the 'little kid' of Melee.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
*goes to check on 64 having on-foot* *Finds videos of it*

Strange. I never knew 64 had on-foot shooting in multiplayer....
Neither did I, it would certainly explain a lot though. I'll have to find a video.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Fox can have a Land Master
Falco can have an Arwing
Wolf can have Panther and Leon shoot up the place
Krystal could use like, infinite gatlin gun for an extended period of time?

or.... *sighs* Dino buddies...

I personally liked all of Melee's characters, even Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Young Link.
Me too. I actually really like both Pichu and Doc.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I liked Dr. Mario in Melee but I don't want him back. I want Toad more than I want Dr. Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom