• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Impa has a few former, one is super fat> What if they use that fat thing? Sheik hover has anorexia as we all know and removing sheik will cause an uproar as big or bigger than the MEwtwo thing.

D

Deleted member

Sheik had luck getting into Melee. Was personally thinking Zelda was getting her rapier from TP, and a Midna transformation. Instead we got lame old Sheik. Hope that doesn't happen for Smash 4.

:phone:

Wut.
"luck"? Sheik was the first thing revealed about Zelda. In fact, for all we know, Zelda could've just been an afterthought.
You call Sheik being in consideration before the titular Zelda and the main villain Ganon/Ganondorf "lucky"?

And a MIDNA transformation? Now how is that logical in any way?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who gives not ONE damn about Pichu, Doc and Young Link being clones?

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but it was kinda cool, in my opinion, to see clones because it allowed characters that would have never gotten in otherwise to get in, and I also liked them because they were like alternate takes on already established characters (like for example, I liked the slightly slower and heavier version of Mario or the more nimble version of Link).

They aren't necessary and I won't lose sleep over them, but I wouldn't mind seeing them all come back even as "clony clones". There, I got that out of my chest...
I agree with you, man. I'd love to have Pichu, the Doc, and to a lesser extent Young Link back, and I don't give a crap if they're clones. Clones, if handled right, can be a good part of the roster, IMO.

C'mon, who doesn't want to kill enemies with PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE PILLS again? :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Impa has a few former, one is super fat> What if they use that fat thing? Sheik hover has anorexia as we all know and removing sheik will cause an uproar as big or bigger than the MEwtwo thing.
Bigger within the competitive community, for sure. I can't say the same for casual players though. Mewtwo is pretty popular, but I figure we should take in Shiek's exposure time to Smash players. She's been in the Smash series longer than Mewtwo.

Either way, I don't think she will be replaced, simply because I feel if she was going to be booted it probably would have happened in Brawl.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Wut.
"luck"? Sheik was the first thing revealed about Zelda. In fact, for all we know, Zelda could've just been an afterthought.
You call Sheik being in consideration before the titular Zelda and the main villain Ganon/Ganondorf "lucky"?

And a MIDNA transformation? Now how is that logical in any way?
Agreed. The entire concept of Impa replacing Sheik is rediculous.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Never that big. I think if you ask real big Zelda fans about their opinion, they'd probably want another character over Sheik. Sheik wouldn't actually cause much of an uproar at all, cause inher case: people play her for her style, not her character. Id they transfer her style over to Impa, there's a new character, and Sheik fans can still use her for the same or similar playstyle. Lots of Mewtwo mains played Lucario so I believe anyway.

And Impa is much skinnier than Sheik even in SS. That version is the most recent, so they'll use that one.

And yea, a Midna transformation. Zelda sacrifised herseld for Midna in TP, and said her body and emotions felt as her own for that time untill she was revived. Plus, how is it NOT more logical than Zelda transformating into an age old alter ego she used for herself - as thought by IMPA- from many centuries ago? Or at least 100 year as is implied...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I want everyone back. Mind you, if I had to choose returners OR new characters, I'd take the new ones first.

If anything, the Doc should have been a costume in Brawl at the very least. Pichu's costumes went to Pikachu, afterall.

Not a fan of replacements, either. But it can happen, and I don't find it worth fretting about either.

Also, lol at Sheik, who is super easy to make a moveset for compared to Zelda, who stole from Link himself, in barely "lucky" to get in. Hell, I think Zelda barely got in.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel at this point, NO ONE should be replaced. Only added.
If 3rd parties are excluded, then you'll pretty much be saying bye-bye to Sonic and Solid Snake. Of course, I can do without the latter, but the former's removal would be a downer, considering the Mario & Sonic crossovers.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo and Lucario do not have the same style.

Mewtwo and Lucario are not similar.

Lucario is not Mewtwo's replacement.

When will people get this?!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Here's the thing, though: people do play her for her style, yes, BUT still recognize her for her playstyle. She herself is known for that. So don't you think people will find it unnecessary to replace Sheik if they know that her successor is going to serve the exact same purpose as Sheik?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And wish this whole Shiek vs Impa-debate won't start again...

I find it silly that the topic can even turn into a debate. There is nothing to debate really.

I could sit here and tell you ALL DAY how Krystal is "more important" than Falco, but it doesn't matter because Falco is stick stuck glued into the Smash roster at this point. The only thing Impa lovers can do is hope their character gets in, like the rest of us. Bashing Shiek isn't going to change the fact that she's probably returning.

D

Deleted member

Pichu's costumes went to Pikachu, afterall.
One costume, dude.

In 64:
Pikachu: Red party hat, Blue party hat, Green party hat.

In Melee:
Pikachu: Red's hat (new), Blue party hat (old), Green cowboy hat (new).
Pichu: Red band on ear and Red scarf, Blue goggles and Blue scarf, Green backpack and green scarf.

In Brawl:
Pikachu: Red's hat (old), Blue goggles (New; Pichu's sans scarf), Green headband based off of Brandon's from Emerald (new)

Pika only got one costume from Pichu.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mewtwo and Lucario do not have the same style.

Mewtwo and Lucario are not similar.

Lucario is not Mewtwo's replacement.

When will people get this?!
I knew this for the fact that Lucario isn't a Psychic Pokemon. Plus, it fights way too differently from Mewtwo; the aura elements strengthen this statement.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Arcadenik:...

Soooo does Sakurai hate him??? I'm quite DAMN HAPPY for this discovery, but also very confused. What happened?

I think it now makes sense why Starfy is the only Assist Trophy we can attack... leftover "character getting hit" data.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Here's the thing, though: people do play her for her style, BUT she's a character that's been in since Melee so people still know her for her playstyle. She herself is known for that. So don't you think people will find it unnecessary to replace Sheik if they know that her successor is going to serve the exact same purpose as Sheik?
The same goes for Ike and Chrome.

Why replace a popular character for an unpopular clone?

D

Deleted member

I think it now makes sense why Starfy is the only Assist Trophy we can attack... leftover "character getting hit" data.

Now that's just wishful thinking.
Because Resetti can be hit too. It just doesn't affect him until he gets annoyed with it and explodes in anger. Then he's invincible like the others.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One costume, dude.

In 64:
Pikachu: Red party hat, Blue party hat, Green party hat.

In Melee:
Pikachu: Red's hat (new), Blue party hat (old), Green cowboy hat (new).
Pichu: Red band on ear and Red scarf, Blue goggles and Blue scarf, Green backpack and green scarf.

In Brawl:
Pikachu: Red's hat (old), Blue goggles (New; Pichu's sans scarf), Green headband based off of Brandon's from Emerald (new)

Pika only got one costume from Pichu.
It doesn't change my theory about Pichu becoming Pikachu. The goggles transfer further helps. The thing is, the only thing we saw of Pichu was his costume being transferred, a trophy, and perhaps a sticker.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Arcadenik:Yes. Also there's the sounds, which are spot-on remade from the original games.

I assume they had complications with Starfy, and then he was took out?

Maybe they could try him again in SSB4.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want everyone back. Mind you, if I had to choose returners OR new characters, I'd take the new ones first.

If anything, the Doc should have been a costume in Brawl at the very least. Pichu's costumes went to Pikachu, afterall.

Not a fan of replacements, either. But it can happen, and I don't find it worth fretting about either.

Also, lol at Sheik, who is super easy to make a moveset for compared to Zelda, who stole from Link himself, in barely "lucky" to get in. Hell, I think Zelda barely got in.
Zelda is the flagship of her franchise. Sure she would've gotten in. The franchise is not called Legend of Sheik after all :/

And at least Zelda's moves are based of SOMETHING. What moves could you even come up for for Sheik, except for playing the harp, playing the harp, and warping by playing the harp. Her signature Deku Nuts are not even part of her moveset. And when exactly was she throwing needles and whips around??

Also Sheik was the last revealed veteran who isn't an unlockable. And frankly thought Zero Suit Samus's inclusion could be enough to keep Sheik out, at first.

D

Deleted member

It doesn't change my theory about Pichu becoming Pikachu. The goggles transfer further helps. The thing is, the only thing we saw of Pichu was his costume being transferred, a trophy, and perhaps a sticker.
A theory? Really? All the "Brawl Pikachu is Melee Pichu" crap is only a joke that people say for lulz. If you seriously believe it...then I don't know what to tell you.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Brawl Pikachu has a wall jump, knows Volt Tackle (which could tell he was Pichu before) and his down Taunt is similar to Pichu's.

Just a joke, but damn good one to hold on as a theory there.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

If Starfy becomes playable, Glass Joe should be the next weak Assist Trophy. On the other hand, he would be an insult to the French.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
MSG: Good one there, but I think everyone's used on that fact anyway- it's like in old cartoons which made fun of chinese and black people, just for laughs.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A theory? Really? All the "Brawl Pikachu is Melee Pichu" crap is only a joke that people say for lulz. If you seriously believe it...then I don't know what to tell you.
It's easily based upon Pikachu getting a move he can only learn by evolving from Pichu. The theory isn't off. The goggles help.

@Diddy Kong: Sheik was revealed first. She had nothing but original moves. Zelda was revealed second. All we can tell is that Zelda was of less importance in additions from the actual data that exists.

Likewise, she won't get replaced by a secondary character. That's... it's too unbelievable. Likewise, the other half of Zelda being replaced by a clone is quite illogical. That's like replacing Zero Suit Samus for some kind of a futuristic ninja with a whip. There is no good logic here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I find it silly that the topic can even turn into a debate. There is nothing to debate really.

I could sit here and tell you ALL DAY how Krystal is "more important" than Falco, but it doesn't matter because Falco is stick stuck glued into the Smash roster at this point. The only thing Impa lovers can do is hope their character gets in, like the rest of us. Bashing Shiek isn't going to change the fact that she's probably returning.
Falco and Krystal can easily fit in the roster togheter. Impa and Sheik cannot, as one would take the role of the other obviously.

Falco and Krystal also seem different enough to be in togheter, and to me seem to have about the same level as importance. But if you feel Krystal should make it, amd Falco shouldn't why not say so?

D

Deleted member

Zelda is the flagship of her franchise. Sure she would've gotten in. The franchise is not called Legend of Sheik after all :/

And at least Zelda's moves are based of SOMETHING. What moves could you even come up for for Sheik, except for playing the harp, playing the harp, and warping by playing the harp. Her signature Deku Nuts are not even part of her moveset. And when exactly was she throwing needles and whips around??

Also Sheik was the last revealed veteran who isn't an unlockable. And frankly thought Zero Suit Samus's inclusion could be enough to keep Sheik out, at first.

And Ness was in Smash "up until now".
Sheik was clearly kept secret because of confusion regarding on whether she'd be in or not. That's why the character's Special Moves weren't shown under their profile until Sheik was revealed. Because showing Zelda's would've spoiled Sheik.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Arcadenik:Yes. Also there's the sounds, which are spot-on remade from the original games.

I assume they had complications with Starfy, and then he was took out?

Maybe they could try him again in SSB4.

Let me put on my tinfoil hat...

Okay, I think Starfy was one of the last original Brawl newcomers planned for Brawl... but then Sonic happened... so Starfy got demoted to Assist Trophy... and then the clones (Toon Link, Wolf) and scrapped veterans (Jigglypuff) got added. I presume its quicker to add clones and veterans than coming up with original moveset for a character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And Ness was in Smash "up until now".
Sheik was clearly kept secret because of confusion regarding on whether she'd be in or not. That's why the character's Special Moves weren't shown under their profile until Sheik was revealed. Because showing Zelda's would've spoiled Sheik.
Zelda was revealed with Sheik togheter in Melee iirc, except for that trailer that only shows Sheik. So why they wanted to go mysterious with Sheik?

Ness also was planned to be replaced by Lucas in Melee. So yeah...

D

Deleted member

It's easily based upon Pikachu getting a move he can only learn by evolving from Pichu. The theory isn't off. The goggles help.
Then explain why Ash's Pikachu learned Volt Tackle on it's own and why Brawl Pikachu has Melee Pikachu's Red hat.
Are you going to tell me that it's a "tradition" that the hat be passed down or some bull**** like that?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Falco and Krystal can easily fit in the roster togheter. Impa and Sheik cannot, as one would take the role of the other obviously.
You act like clones are a problem. They can somewhat weaken Sheik and make Impa the much better one. Problem solved.

Falco and Krystal also seem different enough to be in togheter, and to me seem to have about the same level as importance. But if you feel Krystal should make it, amd Falco shouldn't why not say so?

>Implying clones are a problem.
>Implying Krystal would not be a clone.

See the problem with this right here? Just because a character can be unique doesn't mean they will be. Likewise, just because they can be a clone doesn't mean they will be. It's not black and white here.

GY said:
Then explain why Ash's Pikachu learned Volt Tackle on it's own and why Brawl Pikachu has Melee Pikachu's Red hat.
Are you going to tell me that it's a "tradition" that the hat be passed down or some bull**** like that?
Brawl is not the anime. At all. Pokemon Trainer is based upon Red, not Ash. Everything has been based upon the games now. There's your answer. And frankly, yeah, the hats are tradition. Why wouldn't they re-use their old colors? Toon Link got most of the same of Young Link's colors.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
MSG: Good one there, but I think everyone's used on that fact anyway- it's like in old cartoons which made fun of chinese and black people, just for laughs.

Yeah Punch-Out!! has been known for making stereotypes for all the opposing boxers. I only mentioned Glass Joe, because he fits the weak Assist Trophy role quite well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Arcadenik: So basically, Starfy was replaced by Sonic... I can understand this, due the hype Sonic gathered when he was revealed in Dojo.

Well the posirive news is if this is truly the case then it is not unlikely that they will not revisit Starfy next time around.

I found the Starfy trophy information you posted earlier very interesting.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You act like clones are a problem. They can somewhat weaken Sheik and make Impa the much better one. Problem solved.
>implying people won't say 'why didn't they remive Sheik if we have a separate, better Sheik'

>Implying clones are a problem.
>Implying Krystal would not be a clone.
>implying Krystal won't make it in cause she has the least clone potential of all other SF characters

See the problem with this right here? Just because a character can be unique doesn't mean they will be. Likewise, just because they can be a clone doesn't mean they will be. It's not black and white here.
Could be, could also not be. I do think they'll probably go lazy mode with Zelda characters. My prediction; a slight revamped Ganon, Impa is Sheik 1.5, Toon Link is still roughly the same, Link gets Skyward Strike for a new side B. Zelda gets a new down B and gets better, balanced statistics.

And perhaps, just very perhaps Tingle gets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom