• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
An alternative way to bring back Pichu would be to make him a 4th Pokemon for the Trainer we got.

That way we get Baby, Basic, Stage 1, and Stage 2.

But don't change Pikachu's status in any way.
I rather have him in this way. It makes more sence to be coupled with Pikachu than the Trainer.

And Pikachu was always too big anyway for me in Smash anyway. Make him smaller, and a little lighter and make Raichu more of a brawler. And also make Pikachu playable by himself by selecting only him on the screen.

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Another character I'd like to see, even if the chances of it being slim to none, is Agumon/WarGreymon, working like a reverse Samus/Zero Suit Samus.

And no, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Digimon isn't "inelligible". It started as a pet simulator video game. It may have gained most of it's popularity through the anime, but it was technically a game series first.
It also existed before Pokemon did. Pretty old and all.

Just doesn't have the popularity power, anyway.

I think Digivolutions in general would be great.

Also, my space key is acting bad lately, so I won't be replying much.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This whole Pokemon discussion is making me rage more than usual. **** representation. **** multiple trainers. **** EVERYTHING!

Sorry to rage like that, but this time, the cycle has reached an all time high of stupidity.

@Bowserlick
I've been thinking about how you say Zelda's transforming represents the Triforce of Wisdom. That's never been said, and even if they wanted to represent that, there are other ways to do that besides an inefficient transformation.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You shut your ***** mouth, GoldenYusomething. Etemon/MetalEtemon is the only Digimon worth consideration.

HE'S THE STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

D

Deleted member

@Diddy:
You are pretty much saying "make Pokemon's main representative a part of a character that's exclusive to a manga and tie him up with his less popular forms, and only make him selectable as before by doing a similar command to Sheik in Brawl".
You really have no respect for the Pokemon series or Pikachu, do you?

@Oasis: Yes master. Etemon is the only considerable choice. I had forgotten...
The Dark Network shall rise again.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I wanna touch base with DLC again... But this time, a little more complex.

Obviously, the games will have a hard time taking in 100 characters at once, so why not have a "replace" act happen? Here's what I mean:

Say you want Raichu. In order to use him, you must either have an open slot (Let's say 50 is the max # of characters), or replace someone in the roster.

The way I see it, if we can fit characters in, in a way that suits everyone, that would make SSB4 THE best fighting game, so long as it has good graphics/original battling grasp.

D

Deleted member

While in theory, would be acceptable to most, it has much chances of happening as Mario getting cut.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thank God that I have to go back to college in a little bit. The stupidity in this thread is just truly outrageous. There are so many things wrong with a replacement act.

Think of the game's balance for a moment, and you'll see why this can't work.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This whole Pokemon discussion is making me rage more than usual. **** representation. **** multiple trainers. **** EVERYTHING!

Sorry to rage like that, but this time, the cycle has reached an all time high of stupidity.

@Bowserlick
I've been thinking about how you say Zelda's transforming represents the Triforce of Wisdom. That's never been said, and even if they wanted to represent that, there are other ways to do that besides an inefficient transformation.
I don't really like the idea either, but if they want to go with clones multiple trainers could be kind of good. Took it a bit far with 23 playable Pokemon perhaps, but in that way almost every popular option was taken care of.

That, and most of them are clones, or half clones like Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu (obvious clones, but with difference still) Jigglypuff / Snorlax (same >B and Down B and A moves, no multi jumps or running for Snorlax though) Meowth / Zoroark (share a Down B move and similar other Bs except neutral B, and lots of clawing for A moves, roughly 60% the same) and the Eeveelutiobs would borrow some special moves from Eevee and the other Pokemon.

It's no big deal if all Pokemon are under a Trainer, plus Pikachu has the most respectable role by being able to select it on its own.

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought out before, but I think if brought back together, the Final Smash for Sheik should be different.

@asage94: God no. I'd rather have no DLC characters if it comes to that. Terrible, terrible idea.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Are you calling this fellow stupid, Kuma.
He's not Stupid at all. This excess Pokemon discussion is just flat out awful.

To counterbalance the derp, I'm gonna say this:

1. Link
2. Zelda
3. Ganondorf
4. Impa
5. Toon Link
6. Tetra
7. Ghirahim

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought out before, but I think if brought back together, the Final Smash for Sheik should be different.

@asage94: God no. I'd rather have no DLC characters if it comes to that. Terrible, terrible idea.
Impa should totally get her own Final Smash yeah :awesome:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
After looking at the past few pages, I really hope we're talking about Pokeball Pokemon here.

Props for bringing up the Pokemon manga though. :cool:

Also: Pokemon >> Digimon :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sadly, we're not, Try-Hyphen. Although for 1st Gen new choices, I can only honestly see Eevee, Meowth, and Snorlax being good for it. IMO.

Let's not even joke about the Combating Monsters game. Plus, you got Monster Ranchers and Dragon Quest Monsters to deal with.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After looking at the past few pages, I really hope we're talking about Pokeball Pokemon here.

Props for bringing up the Pokemon manga though. :cool:

Also: Pokemon >> Digimon :p
Pokemon's still running strong. Digimon died. Pokemon 4ever!

Use your head, SSBF. Are you going to fit more than 100 characters in your roster? No, and even though it's possible, they WON'T do it. So, if you want to add a character, when you have a max roster, you'll have to replace another character. I might revamp my thought and say that Any character can replace any character.

Also, I'm noticing your calling all my ideas terrible. Not cool.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I just thought of two perfect examples in Brawl that Ridley can be downsized. Groudon and Kyogre. Groudon is a lot bigger than that.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I just thought of two perfect examples in Brawl that Ridley can be downsized. Groudon and Kyogre. Groudon is a lot bigger than that.

>implying you need any examples to prove it
>implying he needs to be "downsized" when hes been the perfect size in the past

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Snorlax isn't even that big anyway. Downsizing him has no effect on his playability. Likewise, he has stuff like Ice Punch, Hyper Beam, Body Slam, and a plethora of moves.

Anyway, Digimon isn't dead, so saying that was worthless.

Likewise, 100 characters is pretty much impossible to balance, and replacing characters for DLC means you can't keep whoever you want. If we could scrolling through a list of DLC like you could Custom names(in Melee/Brawl), then sure. But the screen would be too big. Not everybody plays on a GIANT TV, after all.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Likewise, 100 characters is pretty much impossible to balance, and replacing characters for DLC means you can't keep whoever you want. If we could scrolling through a list of DLC like you could Custom names(in Melee/Brawl), then sure. But the screen would be too big. Not everybody plays on a GIANT TV, after all.
Exactly, though it can be done, but the game would kinda drop on ratings.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Exactly, through it can be done. But the game would kinda drop on ratings.
Exactly why it shouldn't be done. I only agree it's a terrible idea because it doesn't add anything but more space. Having 100 unique characters? Maybe in M.U.G.E.N., but every other fighting game just has clones instead.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Exactly why it shouldn't be done. I only agree it's a terrible idea because it doesn't add anything but more space. Having 100 unique characters? Maybe in M.U.G.E.N., but every other fighting game just has clones instead.
Having 35 unique characters is a stretch apparently :troll:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If you read back, I said 50 max, not 100 Lol I'm not dumb, trust me. If it's DLC, than you can break the unique, because people will download their favorite characters, ya? My first thought WAS going on Unique swap (I felt a copy of Raichu and Pikachu), but SSBF doesn"t like the idea -_-

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Ooh, I got a final smash for sheik. It's called sheikah ambush. The screen goes dark except for sheik, and a purple sheikah symbol(an eye) appears in the middle of the screen. The eye is closed, and then whenever your ready you press B and the eye quickly opens and a bunch of sheikahs (going so fast they are invisible) start to strike opponents rabidly. this move can be perfect shielded, but that's why you get to decide when to press B so that you do it at a unexpected moment.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you read back, I said 50 max, not 100 Lol I'm not dumb, trust me. If it's DLC, than you can break the unique, because people will download their favorite characters, ya? My first thought WAS going on Unique swap (I felt a copy of Raichu and Pikachu), but SSBF doesn"t like the idea -_-
50 is still pretty small. Also, I don't mind obvious clones. Some got the treatment for no reason.(Ganondorf, Falco, Roy) And so on. Although it wouldn't be a stretch to be able to press Z to rotate Pikachu's box to get Raichu and Pichu.

In this way, it could work. If nobody cares about clones, that is. :p

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Depends on whose opinion you ask for.

Our War Game was a fantastic OVA, one of the best Anime to Movie transitions I've seen. Rurouni Kenshin being its predecessor.
fixed. You mention basing things on source material then express your opinion that its better.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
50 is still pretty small. Also, I don't mind obvious clones. Some got the treatment for no reason.(Ganondorf, Falco, Roy) And so on. Although it wouldn't be a stretch to be able to press Z to rotate Pikachu's box to get Raichu and Pichu.

In this way, it could work. If nobody cares about clones, that is. :p
Yeah, I'll work on it, unless SSBF can't let me do that :wolfbrawl:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
AetherEch0s said:
You mention things that suggest implied logic
Obvious is obvious, but I really couldn't give two ****s about that discussion.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Depends on what source material you're holding vantage point at.

Our War Game was a fantastic OVA, one of the best Anime to Movie transitions I've seen. Rurouni Kenshin being its predecessor.
Sorry, I really did like the first few seasons of Digimon and I loved Our War Game. I just posted that to poke people a little bit since I thought it was funny. :p

Anyway we really should get back on topic...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I'll work on it, unless SSBF can't let me do that :wolfbrawl:
It's been done in Flying Dragon 2(n64, JP only). And most DBZ games, minus the rotation. You could also rotate boxes in Mortal Kombat 4. This idea actually does work well.

Plus, it allows more characters, and easily brings back everyone that was cut. Hell, you could rotate Falcon for B. Shadow, and if Toad were in, Toadette, any Paper Mario Toad, and Toadsworth, likewise with Jigglypuf and Lucario's evolutions. Only one I can't imagine working is PT.

Only Digimon season I thought was meh was 4. Likewise, Agumon(and maybe digivolutions) would be a neat shoe-in. I also expect that somebody already made a skin for Yoshi with Brawl Hacks.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@asage
I go to a to a tournament and want to use toon link, he's not on the roster, there's no wireless wifi, I just wasted my time.

Same scenario, this time there is wireless Internet and we download my character for 10 minutes than fight. My next opponent's character isn't downloaded so we spend 10 minutes downloading his. This pattern repeats causing a normally 6 hour tourney to be prolonged for atleast a couple days.

New scenario: I have no wifi but my favorite character was released in one of the new sets of characters.

VVVV That shouldn't be necessary though. People should expect to get most of the roster when the game drops not half.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
What you don't think nintendo won't stoop to the level of goading money out of you?

Two words: LAN Adapter

And if you really think I'm some sort of conspiracy theorist: See for yourself.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
What you don't think nintendo won't stoop to the level of goading money out of you?

Two words: LAN Adapter

And if you really think I'm some sort of conspiracy theorist: See for yourself.

Golly, a mid-development model of a new console has usb slots. That means they will make you buy a usb lan adapter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom