• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I'd rather they get rid of his Down B and keep Side B. Atleast it can be used to combo into an aerial attack. Down B is just pointless.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That guy tends to pick the cookie-cutter generic moves instead of expanding out and using a broader range of input like Sakurai does. Like Isaac for example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYmu7ZR3Wfo&feature=related, he uses only straight Earth Psynergy, instead of drawing from the mixed class Psynergy. If anything, he'll get the Ness/Lucas treatment and use other types along with Earth.
I had my Isaac moveset with only Earth Psynergy as well. Nobody complained. There isn't a character based on earth in Smash really anyway.

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd rather they get rid of his Down B and keep Side B. Atleast it can be used to combo into an aerial attack. Down B is just pointless.
You could easily combine his side and down B. The Down B has been around since the original Sonic so it would seem wrong to me to just toss that one out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What's Sonic's Side B and Down B like in Brawl anyway? Never played him appart from Classic and All Star Modes lolz

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Side B - Hold B to make him charge up and spin. When the button is released he rolls forward. You can jump at any time and cancel out into an aerial attack.

Down B - Keep pressing B to build up charge. When the button is released he dashes forward. You can move him left and right across the ground.

I meant give him the ability to jump out of a Spindash. Atleast you can mix things up if you have the option to jump out of it. Just rolling back and forth on the ground is asking for them to shield then punish.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No, you're wrong.

Side B - Hold B to make him charge up and spin. When the button is released he rolls forward. You can jump at any time and cancel out into an aerial attack.

Down B - Keep pressing B to build up charge. When the button is released he dashes forward. You can move him left and right across the ground.

I meant give him the ability to jump out of a Spindash. Atleast you can mix things up if you have the option to jump out of it. Just rolling back and forth on the ground is asking for them to shield then punish.

At least, you explain yourself this time but you're still wrong. You can jump out of Down B too. Futhermore when you Down B and release from the air you can cancel the spin landing by shielding. So you don't commit to anything and keep more options open while you had a hitbox in the air and were mobile. Contrast to side b, you can jump out of it and shield during the charge up.

Down B has more pros than Side B.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I still find it funny that Link and Sonic have a lot of complaints save for MK and Ganondorf. The key thing with Link and Sonic is that Sakurai didn't work on those characters at all. Something tells me that Sakurai would've kept the regular boomerang or at least made the new one better than it is.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Actually Sonic is a good character. Just good though.

He has so many options but 95% are meh, but never really commits to anything so he can stay mobile while you thought he was going to commit to an approach.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Who in their right mind would register the spin dash as anything else?

Lol, Down B has less recovery lag than side B, which in all my years of playing sonic games have I seen that move implemented in that way.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Talk to me fellas, what's with Brawl's Final Smash options?

Click on the picture.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Honestly, I don't know about changing the Final Smashes. I guess they're fine the way the are..

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Talk to me fellas, what's with Brawl's Final Smash options?

Click on the picture.

That's... eerily similar. Most likely Sakurai just pulled off a Landmaster move with Lucario - "oh, let's just give Deoxy's Hyper Beam to Lucario for a Final Smash and be done!"

Anyways, I've never noticed it before, so since I haven't had a problem with it before, I wouldn't have have a problem with it in the future.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually Sonic is a good character. Just good though.

He has so many options but 95% are meh, but never really commits to anything so he can stay mobile while you thought he was going to commit to an approach.
It's more about how people complained about his moves looking the same which, while it does lead to mixups, makes him seem bland. It's not about how good Sonic was more so how he was implemented.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh, sorry about that. I thought we were talking competitively not appearance wise. In that case, yes a lot of his moves look the same.

D

Deleted member

Defintely get rid of the clone FSs.
No Triple Landmasters plz.
Wolf could easily summon his teammates in their ships to blast at the stage.
Falco could be given the uber powerful weapon from Assault or for lack of creativity, hop in an Arwing instead of a Landmaster.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Defintely get rid of the clone FSs.
No Triple Landmasters plz.
Wolf could easily summon his teammates in their ships to blast at the stage.
Falco could be given the uber powerful weapon from Assault or for lack of creativity, hop in an Arwing instead of a Landmaster.

That, but if it came down to having one unique newcomer, or a unique final smash for lets say all of the veterans, i'd go with the one newcomer. I mean, I hardly play with items on to begin with.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What? Pokémon Channel DID come out. Meowth used a guitar in the final episode of the Pichu Bros. TV show in Pokémon Channel(in which, he invited pretty much every Pokémon in the area to his party, then proceeded to play a song while running around with his guitar). I think it came after Melee, though.

That reminds me... Meowth's Party should be a stage in SSB4. It could be the new Saffron City with random Pokemon occasionally appearing and attacking. That would be nice... I'm tired of Pokemon Stadium stages.

Oh, and also add Meowth as a playable character! :awesome:

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I don't see Sakurai's obsession with Pokemon Stadium to begin with. I can understand a flat Pokemon Themed stage, but the type changing gimmick gets old fast. Why do we need another rehash of it every game?

D

Deleted member

Because clearly, one sequel stage is an obsession.

Anyways, I don't expect a "Stadium 3". I expect a "Colosseum". :smirk:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Toad isn't playable but Geno or Waluigi or a variation of an existing Mario character (Metal Mario, Dr. Mario, Dry Bowser, etc.) is...

If Meowth is still not playable in Smash 4...

If Tingle isn't playable but we get another Zelda clone like Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik, or Toon Ganondorf...

D

Deleted member

*Looks at Dr. Mario being planned for Brawl* *Looks at Toad's chances* Would you be ok with both?

*Looks at Meowth's competition* Yeah....

*Looks at Toon Zelda being planned* *Looks at how Tingle's hatred in America prevented his games from being released there and how it prevented him from appearing in Twilight Princess* *Looks at how well Ghirahim is being recieved* ....Would you settle for Ghirahim?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't see Sakurai's obsession with Pokemon Stadium to begin with. I can understand a flat Pokemon Themed stage, but the type changing gimmick gets old fast. Why do we need another rehash of it every game?
I prefer that Smash 4 get rid of both Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, keep Spear Pillar if we are getting Past Stages from Brawl, and bring in a new Pokemon Colosseum featuring all 17 types, a Meowth's Party stage (one can always dream), and a new stage from Black & White.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I bet Poke Floats 2 could look really neat on the 3DS version. :3

Especially if they actually looked like BALLOONS and flew above different regions.

Still want my Pokemon Stadium 3 idea the most.

D

Deleted member

I would like:

Pokemon Colosseum
Poke Floats 2
N's Castle
And I suppose Meowth's Party. Just so we can get Meowth in somewhere.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Pokefloats is just after Saffron being my favorite Pokemon Stage.

^We already had Meowth in somewhere, an assist trophy.

D

Deleted member

^ You know what I mean. Outside of the Poke Ball, but not quite playable due to his competition.

Essentially setting up for his SSB5 appearance.

D

Deleted member

If there were two 1st gen additions, they would be Mewtwo and Meowth. They're really the only good choices left for that gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom