• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mewtwo needs a spoon.
Corrected it for ya. :smirk:

Anyway there are a lot changes that characters could go through. IMO I would also like to see:

Wario getting some attacks from Shake It.
Dedede getting his Masked Form for a new FS.
Yoshi getting his flutter jump from YIDS.
Snake getting MG Rex for a new FS.
Sonic getting his boost ability from Generations and a more horizontal Homing Attack.
Ike gains his Axe from FE10.
ect.

D

Deleted member

Am I alone in believing that Medusa could actually BE a naga this time around?

Like say, when you actually fight her, a snake tail grows out of the "dress" she's wearing?

I would hope so, as that would make for an interesting Smash character.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
FanMan said:
if a DKCR2 is made, due to how critically acclaimed and popular DKCR was, Retro will be top priority for who makes it.
Well, yes? Though this really depends on whether or not Retro will work closely with Smash's development. Which should have been the case for the Nintendo R&D teams that made pre-Returns content, yet hadn't beyond Donkey's Drums.

Granted it seems highly probable, which should go without saying, that in the even a sequel to Returns were to happen, we would see RETURNS content. Which isn't a 1:1 animal for what I'm trying to convey.

No because at the time of pre-Melee, Rare was with Nintendo, so it was understandable as to why Diddy Kong was not in Smash.
I don't understand why you're trying to disqualify my point when it so obviously adds to it. Regardless of whether or not it was understandable, Rare still had a say in what content could be used or not used.

64 and Melee had content from Star Fox 64, the most critically acclaimed Star Fox game to this date. EarthBound also received a fair amount of content in Melee with Mother 3 in development at the time (had the game been released, we would have seen Lucas over Ness, basically adding a new character to represent the Mother franchise).
I see that you're fond of making irrelevant points, since it really has nothing to do with the acclaim of a game. Nevertheless Smash was developed long before there was any dissent over Donkey Kong's franchise. We could have easily seen the likes of a banana peel item during Melee but didn't. As per my claim, we have yet to see items from the games that, as you say, are 100% nintendo affiliated.

That in itself reminds me about the amount of content that was missing, though should have been designed for (as you say) Returns. It being a tribute to the Donkey Kong Country franchise.

I can also counter that with the Virtual Console ports for DKC, DKC2, and DKC3 being 99% if not 100% faithful to the original. Rare and Nintendo had been separated even longer and there were no major signs of changes made to the ports.
LOL emulation, piece of cake.

I'll humor you though: Thus the 'settled' disputes over the franchise rights? Obviously they're going to flaunt their victory. My offer still stands that the GBA ports were diminished in more ways than necessary, rather close to the time of Rare's departure.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I am starting to think Aether is the guy who made the slyphys Smash 4 roster.

Because I agree that Punch Out deserves 2 reps? Why doesn't it? The series is a gaming icon, much more so than half of those represented. Kid Icarus is still relatively obscure compared to it, and just because it's Sakurai's *new* baby doesn't mean it deserves 2 reps.

D

Deleted member

Little popularity in Japan.
Only 3 games (not including the original arcade version or the "Mr. Dream" version of the first game as seperate games, and not including the WiiWare minigame.).
Had a long hiatus and JUST broke out of it in 2009.
All characters are boxers. Little Mac could just borrow their techniques to make up for the lack of techniques to fill out a complete moveset.

In all honesty, Little Mac getting in alone would be lucky. A 2nd character is pushing it.

Now, come SSB5, if the series is still going strong, THEN add King Hippo. But until then, Mac is enough.
You know what other game is iconic that hasn't gotten a rep yet? Nintendo Wars. While I feel that both Andy and Brigadier Betty should be in Smash to represent it, I only expect one at the very most. The other, can well, be in the following Smash.

EDIT: And no, Kid Icarus isn't Sakurai's "baby". Sakurai didn't make the series, he's only making the latest game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Geno is everything, begining and end.

Geno is forever.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree with all the articles.(although I'd rather we didn't return anyone besides a new version of PT and Lucario in 4) Honestly, I loved the description of saying Lucario was *****d into it. Mostly because that's my view of it. :p Not to say he wasn't popular enough or anything.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I read that as "Shao Kahn". ...Although he would be awesome too. Nobody uses a Hammer like he does.

He'd totally suck in Tourneys, but still.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Got bored, and looked up Dixie's page on Mariowiki for some inspiration.

Dixie Kong B moveset:

VB Hair-copter: On the ground it works similar to Ice Climber’s spin attack, only lasts a little longer, and moves quicker. It is however, slightly weaker as well. In air the move is a useful gliding tool.

>B Wild moves Dixie jets forward, propelled by her barrel she rides in DK Barrel Blast. The attack is similar in some respects to Falco/Fox ^B, but slightly weaker, and faster acting.

^B Barrel Blast: A barrel appears and launches Dixie upwards. While being launched she can do major damage to the opponent, but on her fall back down, she is vunerable

B Barrel throw: Dixie puts her long blonde ponytail to work, and throws a barrel forward. Depending on how long you charge B, you could get a wooden barrel (Just rolls normally) a metal barrel (Bounces, but moves slower), or a TNT Barrel (Explodes when it comes in contact with something/someone, but moves the slowest)

Notice how her fur kind of looks like a suit? We know Diddy and Dk looked like this for some time as well, so I guess we can assume she didn't make to the "brawlification" stage. She was never prettied up and whatnot.

ALSO, I noticed THIS on K. Rool's Melee trophy:

The demented head of the Kremlings and big boss in the Donkey Kong series. K. Rool is a giant, greedy glutton with a serious eye tic. While he fits the evil boss mold nicely, he's just enough of a bumbler to have gained a few fans over the years. His plan to blow up the DK Isles with his Blast-o-Matic shows how unbalanced he is
Goroh, Melee
A rival bounty hunter, Samurai Goroh has crossed paths with Captain Falcon in many a dark corner of the universe. He also goes head-to-head with Falcon in F-Zero races, so the threads of their fates seem to be deeply intertwined. Samurai Goroh is famous for his katana, and his signature T-shirt is instantly recognizable.
Meowth, Melee
This... is Meowth's dream. Meowth strides all over the globe, scattering invitations to other Pokémon insisting they come to "Meowth's Party." At this wonderful party, guests are packed in like sardines as Meowth climbs up the stage with its faithful guitar. It strikes a chord, pauses, and then rocks their world!
Maybe Sakurai didn't get the Memo that this game was a no go?... lol

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wait. Start from the beginning.
I think it's because that guy doesn't think any franchise deserves/needs/what have you two additional characters to be added in SSB4.... with the exception of Punch Out!!

That's how it was for that rumor as well. Only Punch Out got two newcomers. King Hippo, and Little Mac.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think it's because that guy doesn't think any franchise deserves/needs/what have you two additional characters to be added in SSB4.... with the exception of Punch Out!!

That's how it was for that rumor as well. Only Punch Out got two newcomers. King Hippo, and Little Mac.
Its also the matter of how he has other newcomers he wants to see in Smash 4 that are in his signature were also on that Smash 4 roster, in addition to him being the one who posted the "leaks" in this thread.

D

Deleted member

There's also the fact that he seems to mysterious become very active on GameFAQs around the time rumors are posted. When he posted the Universe leak initially, he furiously defended the rumor.

Let's also take an entire look at the newcomers that was leaked:

- King K. Rool
- Ghirahim
- Ridley
- Krystal
- Zoroark
- Palutena
- Little Mac
- King Hippo

- Saki
- Shulk
- Prince Sable
- Mega Man
- Slime
- Professor Layton.

Last night (in CST time) indicated that he prefers K. Rool over Dixie Kong getting in. He obviously loves Ridley (as it is his most wanted newcoemrs). There is also that he is a supporter of Zoroark (at least from what I recall from experience on GameFAQs). Not to mention that we know he thinks Punch-Out!! should get two newcomers. Finally, he seems to prefer Shulk over Isaac, thinks Prince Sable is the most deserving retro character, and think the three third-party characters mentioned are the most likely to him (along with supporting them).

@Shortie: Here's another leak, but with the charcter roster.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There's also the fact that he seems to mysterious become very active on GameFAQs around the time rumors are posted. When he posted the Universe leak initially, he furiously defended the rumor.

- King K. Rool
- Ghirahim
- Ridley
- Krystal
- Zoroark
- Palutena
- Little Mac
- King Hippo

- Saki
- Shulk
- Prince Sable
- Mega Man
- Slime
- Professor Layton.
That leak list... Lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The list is fake, regardless. It's realistic, but they completely screwed up the second they put Sonic down as a Newcomer. Likewise, Sakurai hasn't finished Uprising, which is all we need to know too.

Okay....

I'd be PERFECTLY fine with Toad not being in the game IF the roster is diverse and UBER unique plus, the gameplay and physics are..... what's the word...... um.... fast? Perfect? Whatever. It'd be better though if Toad were in the roster.

From that usual feeling that we can't judge Toad's chances, now I have the gut feeling Toad's getting in.

BACK TO UMvC 3

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Maybe Sakurai didn't get the Memo that this game was a no go?... lol
What? Pokémon Channel DID come out. Meowth used a guitar in the final episode of the Pichu Bros. TV show in Pokémon Channel(in which, he invited pretty much every Pokémon in the area to his party, then proceeded to play a song while running around with his guitar). I think it came after Melee, though.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hmmm. Still not sure why some think K. Rool would be heavier than Bowser. Who knows if that's the way it'll work out for the sake of balance, but just LOOKING AT THEM, Bowser totally looks like he should be heavier. At least in Super Sluggers, I can tell K. Rool is a bit taller than Bowser, but that really shouldn't mean he's heavier. He's just a ball of fat, whereas Bowser has that big ol' shell and probably much more muscle. Also those metal bangle things.

DUNNO, Bowser just totally looks like he WOULD be heavier, and he's probably much more fitting for that role.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
K. Rool is quite obese, so it would stand to reason that he'd be super heavy to a point where Bowser's position is threatened. And like I've explained before, he'd likely be a brute force type of character, who is very slow on foot, super heavy, and utilizes very slow, but highly powerful attacks that rival even Ganondorf's strength.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hmmm. Still not sure why some think K. Rool would be heavier than Bowser. Who knows if that's the way it'll work out for the sake of balance, but just LOOKING AT THEM, Bowser totally looks like he should be heavier. At least in Super Sluggers, I can tell K. Rool is a bit taller than Bowser, but that really shouldn't mean he's heavier. He's just a ball of fat, whereas Bowser has that big ol' shell and probably much more muscle. Also those metal bangle things.

DUNNO, Bowser just totally looks like he WOULD be heavier, and he's probably much more fitting for that role.
The reason why Bowser should be heavier is because of that huge shell, and his scales, maybe. He's been the heaviest character since Melee. As of KKR, he should be second to DDD.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939

- King K. Rool
- Ghirahim
- Ridley
- Krystal
- Zoroark
- Palutena
- Little Mac
- King Hippo

- Saki
- Shulk
- Prince Sable
- Mega Man
- Slime
- Professor Layton.

Last night (in CST time) indicated that he prefers K. Rool over Dixie Kong getting in. He obviously loves Ridley (as it is his most wanted newcoemrs). There is also that he is a supporter of Zoroark (at least from what I recall from experience on GameFAQs). Not to mention that we know he thinks Punch-Out!! should get two newcomers. Finally, he seems to prefer Shulk over Isaac, thinks Prince Sable is the most deserving retro character, and think the three third-party characters mentioned are the most likely to him (along with supporting them).

@Shortie: Here's another leak, but with the charcter roster.
Wow, just because i agree with half of the roster i must have made it? For one, I don't think Palutena is gonna make it. Medusa maybe, but I can't see her working unless they pull the entire moveset out of a hat. Unless she uses Pit's new weapons, which would most likely go to him instead. Absolutely hate Krystal. If it were me, I'd replace Falco with Slippy (using a techno moveset) and call it done. As for Zoroark, i believe i said earlier that i prefer a condensed Pokemon Trainer using the 6 we already have. Even still, i would prefer N using Sigilyph, Purloin and Klinklang. The only real things I even agree with 100% are the punchout representation and Sable. Even with Ridley, I would prefer Dark Samus, she just isn't as likely.

And the reason I posted the rumors is because I found them. That is the very reason i surf sylphys to begin with, because things get posted occasionally. I keep an eye out and whenever something comes up, i let people know. You guys need to loosen your tinfoil hats a bit.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
K. Rool is quite obese, so it would stand to reason that he'd be super heavy to a point where Bowser's position is threatened. And like I've explained before, he'd likely be a brute force type of character, who is very slow on foot, super heavy, and utilizes very slow, but highly powerful attacks that rival even Ganondorf's strength.
Muscle (...and shell) is heavier than fat. BD

I've been hoping for a character like that (which is what made me hope for Black Knight at one point >: ), and if K. Rool was like that then maybe he should be heavier than Bowser, though that's not really the impression he gives me.

OH WELL. I guess it doesn't really matter much either way. I just like knowing that kind of data, lol.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939

That guy tends to pick the cookie-cutter generic moves instead of expanding out and using a broader range of input like Sakurai does. Like Isaac for example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYmu7ZR3Wfo&feature=related, he uses only straight Earth Psynergy, instead of drawing from the mixed class Psynergy. If anything, he'll get the Ness/Lucas treatment and use other types along with Earth.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The reason why Bowser should be heavier is because of that huge shell, and his scales, maybe. He's been the heaviest character since Melee. As of KKR, he should be second to DDD.
Even if K. Rool surpasses Bowser's weight, Bowser would be ranked #2, so he'd still be heavier than everyone else. Plus, the weight difference between K. Rool and Bowser would only be small to a point where it would be hard to notice.

@Oasis_S: What do you vision K. Rool as?

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Bowser should be "heavier" as in fastest fall speed, lowest jump height and highest knockback resilience. K.Rool on the otherhand should be a bit faster and lighter, but with less air mobility so he seems heavy mid-air.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bowser should be "heavier" as in fastest fall speed, lowest jump height and highest knockback resilience. K.Rool on the otherhand should be a bit faster and lighter, but with less air mobility so he seems heavy mid-air.
In Melee, Fox is one of the fastest fallers, and yet he's a lightweight. Samus falls very slowly, and yet she's a heavyweight.

Weight doesn't necessarily determine how fast a character falls. Dedede may be the fastest faller in Brawl, but he's not the heaviest fighter in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom