• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No, it does make a difference. If Roy was only popular because of Smash, he wouldn't have gotten in because of popularity, because it didn't exist BEFORE Smash. That's why the statement makes absolutely no sense. If he was popular before Smash, sure, fine. But that wasn't proven the case at all.

And yes, Pichu is. They both were popular in the Anime. Pichu was also a reasonable 2nd Gen rep(being a clone just made it easier to put him in). He had both things going for him. Same with Lucario being a 4th Gen rep and being popular in the Anime. The only difference between the two is that Pichu wasn't nearly as popular in the games as Lucario is.
No one is stating he got in due to popularity, so I have no idea where you are deriving that from. The only thing that was stated was Sakurai's preference towards Roy and the Fire Emblem series as a whole. Roy has popularity now, and there isn't anything worth discussing.

But that is to assume that Pichu was added because he was a second generation character. What I have read from Pichu is that they wanted a joke character and they wanted to buff the roster. Pichu was an easier decision as he was based off of Pikachu's model with some adjustments. Did it hurt that Pichu was popular at that time? No, but I'm not even debating his popularity. What I am saying is there is not a clear pattern to extrapolate from two games, possibly only one.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
It is difficult to find the exact source itself as it came from one of his post-Melee blog entries, but I'm sure a little digging will probably make it turn up. I don't care enough to do it myself as I'm not really pro-Roy as much as I'm against a line of reasoning here. Characters do not just get in because they are new, and on top of this there is little precedent to even claim that there is a pattern that can be followed. All we do know is Sakurai has favored the series and as such it has had quite a prominent place in the Smash Bros series.
Here's Sakurai's explanation for adding Roy (in Google Translate for your convenience, scroll down a bit)

Oh yeah, the most obvious case against any definite pattern would be how Sakurai let someone else handpick the 3rd FE character. Well, that and the "two examples aren't a pattern" thing, but whatever's good.

Also, "popular is popular" doesn't work for Roy in this case. If he's only popular because of Smash, he wouldn't be added because of popularity. Sorry, but that makes zero sense.
The "case" Star mentioned wasn't about why Roy was included though, it was just reiterating the fact that a nobody could become very popular IF handled well (and Roy was, so now he's a standout). People like to make the claim that his popularity doesn't mean anything, as if winning the lottery doesn't actually make you rich.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would be willing to go out on a limb and say PICHU Pre-Melee was more popular than Lucario Pre-Brawl. You need to look at the time frames and where Pokemon was at those points. Pokemon had a significantly higher number of fans GS days then they did during DP. Anyways off subject, but I just felt like pointing that out. I also don't see why you brought up popularity in game, when discussing Pokemon, considering it has almost no effect on the roster outcome.
Maybe not Pokemon specifically, but then again, Ivysaur really had no role in the Anime outside of a few appearances compared to Bulbasaur, and look who got in. But he's definitely playable and notable in the games like the rest of the family. It was probably due to being a middle evolution, and had few differences from Bulbasaur, so it works easily.

Anyway, Sakurai made it clear earlier that he's looking towards the games more the Anime starting with Brawl. Hence the "No Anime characters" thing. Pokemon might be a exception,, though.

Starphoenix said:
No one is stating he got in due to popularity, so I have no idea where you are deriving that from. The only thing that was stated was Sakurai's preference towards Roy and the Fire Emblem series as a whole. Roy has popularity now, and there isn't anything worth discussing.

But that is to assume that Pichu was added because he was a second generation character. What I have read from Pichu is that they wanted a joke character and they wanted to buff the roster. Pichu was an easier decision as he was based off of Pikachu's model with some adjustments. Did it hurt that Pichu was popular at that time? No, but I'm not even debating his popularity. What I am saying is there is not a clear pattern to extrapolate from two games, possibly only one.
The above poster's link proved that wrong. Newer characters indeed have preference in Sakurai's eyes. That's why Roy got in.

@Toise: Which wasn't what I was referring to. And other people did talk about him originally getting in.

Anyway, dropping it beyodn this post.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Anyway, Sakurai made it clear earlier that he's looking towards the games more the Anime starting with Brawl. Hence the "No Anime characters" thing. Pokemon might be a exception,, though.
Pokemon Trainer's Ivysaur is pretty much the ONLY Pokemon that has no role in the Anime. Both Charizard and Squirtle were/are extremely popular, both for being starter Pokes, but also because Ashy boy has them, like.....OMG! :awesome:

Even the Pokemon Trainer's inclusion has hinged on the Anime slightly, considering "Ash" has been wanted to be playable since Pre-Melee. So Sakurai, in some ways, made that happen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pokemon Trainer's Ivysaur is pretty much the ONLY Pokemon that has no role in the Anime. Both Charizard and Squirtle were/are extremely popular, both for being starter Pokes, but also because Ashy boy has them, like.....OMG! :awesome:

Even the Pokemon Trainer's inclusion has hinged on the Anime slightly, considering "Ash" has been wanted to be playable since Pre-Melee. So Sakurai, in some ways, made that happen.
Red also has all 3 of that family in Gold/Silver. The anime may have made them rather popular, but it was indeed part of the games too.

Also, Pokemon Yellow was based upon the Anime, so that's another game it could've been based upon. The Anime alone is no longer his reason.

And Ivysaur and Venusaur were in the first season, trying to get Ash's Bulbasaur to evolve, so I wouldn't say it has NO role, just nothing worth mentioning overall.

@Yani: As long as Sakurai does DLC. And I'd love to be able to download all of the cut roster myself.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
never, i'd never want nintendo to withhold in-game content from their franchises. preorder stuff should be limited to other things like that golden controller thing or a separate CD with music tracks.

even though Nintendo is a publisher, i don't believe that they have ever gone the Capcom/EA/Activision/etc route of preorder in game bonuses, and i hope they never will.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
never, i'd never want nintendo to withhold in-game content from their franchises. preorder stuff should be limited to other things like that golden controller thing or a separate CD with music tracks.

even though Nintendo is a publisher, i don't believe that they have ever gone the Capcom/EA/Activision/etc route of preorder in game bonuses, and i hope they never will.
I'd rather they take the time to finish the main set of characters, release it(at a reasonable price), and work on the rest later. I hate waiting forever for a game. If the DLC is free, there's absolutely no problem with it. Now, while it sucks if you can't get online(which shouldn't be that much of a problem with the Wii U anyway), this isn't bad practice by any means. Also, we technically had DLC in Brawl due to Nintendo sending made courses. Not the same, but this is still nothing new anyway. Also, preorder bonuses are ten times worse anyway. Especially when you can't download them later.

Except in rare cases, DLC is equal for everyone.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
The above poster's link proved that wrong. Newer characters indeed have preference in Sakurai's eyes. That's why Roy got in.
Roy himself had preference in Sakurai's eyes because he was recent, yes. He might be one of the only characters to get in SPECIFICALLY for that reason though. The only other two characters (out of 40-something) who might also fit that category are Lucas and Lucario, and their cases don't quite match up to Roy's. We don't even know the full extent of Lucario's inclusion either, although it'd be closer to Ike's than this misconstrued narrative about the Pokemon Company having complete creative control.

Everyone else? By Sakurai's own admission, their relevancy or popularity was coincidental or merely a bonus.

[man, I hate it when a discussion ends because someone feels like dropping it for whatever reason]

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
Hey, remember the time when Sakurai replaces Pikachu with Emolga because of too many complaints? Well, we might as well stop complaining about Pikachu in Smash Bros. and chill.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think I'll concede that my opinions on Chrome were foolish. Though, at the same time, I still wouldn't rule him out (I don't think anyone would completely). I'm going to have to wait and see more on him. See how different he might be. IN THE MEAN TIME I'll go back to comfortably expecting Ike. WHICH IS WHAT I'VE WANTED TO DO. Who doesn't like Ike?!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Ivysaur had no role, but his abilities are based on Ash's bulbasaur and how the anime animated the attacks

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I honestly don't like Ike. Of course, you could be joking with that phrase.

@Toise: Yes, but we don't know why he added other characters. The point is that relevancy can be one of his options, nothing more. And since I misunderstood what people were referring to when it came to the popularity talk, there was no reason for me to continue beyond what I said. That's why I decided to drop it. Because it had no point anymore.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think I'll concede that my opinions on Chrome were foolish. Though, at the same time, I still wouldn't rule him out (I don't think anyone would completely). I'm going to have to wait and see more on him. See how different he might be. IN THE MEAN TIME I'll go back to comfortably expecting Ike. WHICH IS WHAT I'VE WANTED TO DO. Who doesn't like Ike?!
Well I want to know is Chrom officially our "Fire Emblem Newcomer" character? Is he the one shot at getting new blood from that series, or do Fire Emblem games have large gaps between installments? I guess what I'm asking is, if Chrome isn't well recieved, is it likely we will see another FE come out in time to take his spot as "Possible FE Newcomer"? If not, and he isn't well recieved/the game sucks/whatever, Roy seems like the only option. And if he IS well recieved, what does that mean for Roy?

Who doesn't like Ike?!
Ike fights for his friends, aka The Gay Community.

WAHHHHHHHH, I have to go to school in forty minutes ):

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Ike isn't gay... I don't know how that even stirred up 0.o

Anyway BoomBoom should be an Assist Trophu

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ike isn't gay... I don't know how that even stirred up 0.o

Anyway BoomBoom should be an Assist Trophu

It stirred up because he doesn't make a move on the many girls that throw themselves at his feet

Maybe he just smells the desperation from them

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well I want to know is Chrom officially our "Fire Emblem Newcomer" character? Is he the one shot at getting new blood from that series, or do Fire Emblem games have large gaps between installments? I guess what I'm asking is, if Chrome isn't well recieved, is it likely we will see another FE come out in time to take his spot as "Possible FE Newcomer"? If not, and he isn't well recieved/the game sucks/whatever, Roy seems like the only option. And if he IS well recieved, what does that mean for Roy?
Typically Fire Emblem games have a two year gap it seems. FE13 will come out next year, so FE14 would probably come out around 2014. Really doubt we'll be seeing anything from that game.

I had been thinking Chrome would replace Ike and take on his moveset. I thought that would be a good solution since you're getting a new character (probably luigified to some extent), yet keeping what made Ike special. But... that could be entirely out of place for Chrome? I'm not sure. Though, that looks like it may be a two-handed sword that he's wielding with one hand...? There may even be something about him we aren't aware of that could make him more unique.

I think a de-cloned Roy would be the BEST solution though... Returning a favorite, and adding an interesting moveset. And you're not going to upset anyone with cuts! Since Roy sat the last one out, hopefully Sakurai wouldn't feel like he is alienating players by changing him up?

How farfetched would it be for Fire Emblem to have four characters? :awesome:

EDIT: Ike is a total homo.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
While I am not a fan of doing rosters I know I was asked earlier about presenting my own. My roster is based around my views and not necessarily my personal choices. Here are several things I wish to mention before everyone reads this:

1. Guest characters are removed and no other third party characters are present.

2. Due to the lack of newer series there will be newcomers for series that appear "over represented. Since I do not hold to that view it is not something that affects me, but I recognize others may take issue with this.

3. Characters that can feasibly be based around existing models can play a role in why a character is selected. Clones, in and of themselves, are not inherently inappropriate nor does Sakurai seem to have a problem with them.

4. Melee added three new series with Melee (Fire Emblem, Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch); and Brawl added six, two of which were guest series (Wario, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Gyromite, Metal Gear Solid, and Sonic the Hedgehog). So the new series added will probably be about four or five, given that Sakurai views the pool of new characters to be drying up.

5. Not trying to guess the surprise character since that is impossible to do.

With all of that being said I hope it gives everyone a better idea of where I am coming from with some of my selections. I will throw in a bonus with my roster and tie in what stages I think each character may have or share as their home stage.

Mario:

1. Mario - Starship Mario
  2. Peach - Rainbow Road
  3. Bowser - Bowser's Castle
  4. Bowser Jr. - Delfino Plaza
  5. Luigi - Luigi's Greater Mansion
  6. Toad - New Super Mario Land

Donkey Kong:
  7. Donkey Kong - 75m
  8. Diddy Kong - Sunset Shores
  9. King K. Rool - Gangplank Galleon

Yoshi:
  10. Yoshi - Yoshi's Island

Wario:
  11. Wario - WarioWare
  12. Ashley - Diamond City

Legend of Zelda:
  13. Link - Skyloft
  14. Zelda ~ Sheik - Hyrule Castle
  15. Ganondorf - Hyrule Castle
  16. Toon Link - Pirate Ship

Tingle's Rupeeland:
  17. Tingle - Tingle's Tower

Metroid:
  18. Samus ~ Zero Suit Samus - Geothermal Power Plant
  19. Ridley - Geothermal Power Plant/Norfair
  20. Dark Samus - Skytown Elysia

Kid Icarus:
  21. Pit - Skyworld
  22. Palutena - Skyworld
  23. Medusa - Underworld

Ice Climbers:
  24. Ice Climbers - The Summit

Gyromite:
  25. R.O.B - Nintendo/Pictochat

Kirby:
  26. Kirby - Fountain Gardens
  27. Meta-Knight - The Halberd
  28. King DDD - Cookie Country

Pikmin:
  29. Captain Olimar - New Planet (Pikmin 3)

Star Fox:
  30. Fox - Sector Z
  31. Falco - Sector Z
  32. Wolf - Sector Z
  33. Krystal - Lylat Cruise

F-Zero:
  34. Captain Falcon - Port Town: Aero Dive
  35. Samurai Goroh - Red Canyon

Pokémon:
  36. Pikachu - Pokémon Stadium 2
  37. Jigglypuff - Pokémon Stadium 2
  38. Pokémon Trainer - Pokémon Stadium 2
  39. Mewtwo - Tin Tower
  40. Lucario - Tin Tower
  41. N - N's Castle

Fire Emblem:
  42. Marth - Dragon's Altar
  43. Ike - Castle Siege
  44. Roy - Castle Siege

MOTHER:
  45. Ness - Saturn Valley
  46. Lucas - Saturn Valley

Punch Out:
  47. Little Mac - The Ring

Golden Sun:
  48. Isaac - Venus Lighthouse

Sin and Punishment:
  49. Saki Amamiya - Runious City

Wii/3DS/Pilotwings:
  50. Mii - WuHu Island

Game and Watch:
  51. Mr. Game and Watch - Game and Watch Gallery

Mach Rider:
  52. Mach Rider - Cliffside Peril

So there... Feel free to make a comment or pick it apart. If anybody wishes for clarification on some points I am more than willing to oblige.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I WANT to look at it in depth, and I will....as soon as I get home. Back in five hours or so~

yani_

Smash Ace
I really like that you didn't add vicinit/zoroark and kept mewtwo. Only disappointment for me was lack of 3rd parties :| other wise it's good IMO

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
In a way I did add Zoroark by adding N. While Zoroark may be the actual fighter I see N being the figure head so to speak.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who doesn't mind clones, not even the "clony" clones like Doc and Pichu?

I honestly would love every single cut Melee clone to come back, except maybe Young Link because he already got replaced by Toon Link...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star: I like what you did with your roster and stages. But since I know you're not the biggest fan of rosters, I won't be a critic so that's all I have to say. ;)

Although I'll have to go and repost my own roster from the other day again.

Also Ike isn't gay, he's Beorc. :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Clones are a pretty bad... design choice (REALLY NOT SURE HOW TO CALL IT). Variety is one thing any fighting game should strive for with its characters. From the characters chosen, to how they play. Each character should feel like an individual among the cast. Though if the character itself is meant to be similar to another, then I guess it can't be helped liked with Luigi and Falco. BUT THAT'S OKAY because they can be different enough.

So IF IT CAN BE HELPED, no clones please.

@Star: I guess the only things I find truly DISAGREEABLE with your roster are Ashely and Dark Samus. N's kind of an oddball too.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The only "clones" I see are potentially Krystal and Dark Samus. I only used the term "clone" because that is what we all seem to use here. It has more to do with their model being based off of another and not so much of their moves themselves.

Ashley I selected because I personally feel that WarioWare could have a new character. She is the only character I have seen with enough support. Since I did not want to leave it as "WarioWare character hunch" I chose her. Dark Samus makes a lot of sense if people stop and think about it a little. N is about the only thing that stands out from Black and White. Even if he only uses Zoroark I can see him being implemented.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star: Well if it's o.k. with you. I like your roster except for Ashley and the blank slot. Personally I thought if you were to do another Wario rep it would have been Orbulon. Care to explain?

As for clones, I'm over them now. Looking at the Street Fighter (4) series with the 7 different Ryu's, I don't think we should be complaining, especially when Sakurai is at least trying to change some of the characters up.

EDIT: Nevermind about my Warioware question.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It's probably because I grew playing with them, the reason I like clones.

Variety is important, though, don't get me wrong.

Unless we're talking about Doc. He should stay a semi-clone at least, IMO, if he ever makes it back in...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Alright, this place is moving too slow, so I'm gonna post my roster to get something going here.

Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr.
DK Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool
Yoshi Series: Yoshi, Shy Guy
Wario Series: Wario, Ashley
LoZ Series: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf(luigified), Toon Link(luigified)
Metroid Series: Samus/ZSS, Ridley
Kid Icarus Series: Pit, Palutena and/or Medusa
Kirby Series: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Pikmin Series: Captain Olimar
Starfox: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal
F-Zero Series: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh
Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, 3rd Gen. Trainer, Victini
Fire Emblem Series: Marth, Roy, Ike
Mother Series: Ness, Lucas(more luigified)
Retro Franchises: ROB, Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers
New Franchises: Starfy, Issac, Little Mac, Paper Mario, Shulk, Saki
3rd Party: Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman, Slime and Chocobo
Total: 60 characters(54 if alternate forms are considered)

Whew... Got that done. Finally.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If you're going to lump Krystal and Dark Samus into the potential clone pool, may as well add Bowser Jr. :awesome: Though, I really don't think he looks to add anyone with the idea of them being a clone in mind. Wolf and Lucas are original characters as far as I'm concerned. The others are just cursed by Melee.

ANYWAY, I really don't feel WarioWare has any particularly notable characters. I could see Jimmy T. have some kind of "beat" gimmick, though. WHATEVER. Dark Samus would complete the Metroid series in my opinion, but I guess I'm looking at it from a LIKELIHOOD perspective aaand... she kind of missed the boat. Dark Samus will forever be stuck between 2002 and 2007 as the Metroid series goes on without her (okay, that's probably an exaggeration :awesome:). N wouldn't be a bad choice, but if you're suggesting he be like Pokemon Trainer then I feel that would sort of take away from what makes him unique in the first place. I have a problem with people suggesting we need more characters like Zelda/Sheik or the Ice Climbers.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If you're going to lump Krystal and Dark Samus into the potential clone pool, may as well add Bowser Jr. :awesome: Though, I really don't think he looks to add anyone with the idea of them being a clone in mind. Wolf and Lucas are original characters as far as I'm concerned. The others are just cursed by Melee.

ANYWAY, I really don't feel WarioWare has any particularly notable characters. I could see Jimmy T. have some kind of "beat" gimmick, though. WHATEVER. Dark Samus would complete the Metroid series in my opinion, but I guess I'm looking at it from a LIKELIHOOD perspective aaand... she kind of missed the boat. Dark Samus will forever be stuck between 2002 and 2007 as the Metroid series goes on without her (okay, that's probably an exaggeration :awesome:). N wouldn't be a bad choice, but if you're suggesting he be like Pokemon Trainer then I feel that would sort of take away from what makes him unique in the first place. I have a problem with people suggesting we need more characters like Zelda/Sheik or the Ice Climbers.
I guess it is possible, but I think it is a much larger stretch than saying Krystal could easily be basud upon Zero Suit Samus and Dark Samus upon Samus. Even then I do not expect too much similarity.

See I do not believe Sakurai is going to view it in that way if he is looking towards Dark Samus. He isn't going to sit there and so, "whoops can't add her as the trilogy is finished". It is silly to think that. I also think Sakurai may decide to give the Metroid series a little more prominence this time around. Being that she is, literally, a clone of Samus it would be easier to implement her. After which they can give her enough distinction to make her a separate entity like she is. Dark Samus just makes sense.

No, N would not be like the Pokémon Trainer.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Jajajaja, that is the funniest thing I've heard today.

As far as WarioWare is concerned. All I know is it is a relatively large series with plenty of entries and will have at least two more in the future for both the 3DS and Wii U. If Sakurai felt like it I could see a surprise character from this series, especially since WarioWare seems to be the only thing he recognizes pertaining to Wario. Maybe Ashley wasn't the best choice; but it was between Jimmy T, Mona, or her. While I prefer Jimmy T for the sheer shock value Ashley seems like a choice that would be likelier. This is all my opinion. I just think a lot of people underestimate the series.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Krystal as ZSS? That sounds like an even bigger stretch.

I know he wouldn't think of Dark Samus like that but... Just, where is the support coming from. Not a lot of people would be asking for her I WOULDN'T THINK, so I don't think he'd be compelled to add her even if she would be easy. And because she would readily give the impression of being similar... er well. I guess that worked well enough for Wolf. EH, I GUESS IT ISN'T TOO OUT THERE.

So N would just be Zoroark but with N in the background???

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Alright, this place is moving too slow, so I'm gonna post my roster to get something going here.

Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr.
DK Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool
Yoshi Series: Yoshi, Shy Guy
Wario Series: Wario, Ashley
LoZ Series: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf(luigified), Toon Link(luigified)
Metroid Series: Samus/ZSS, Ridley
Kid Icarus Series: Pit, Palutena and/or Medusa
Kirby Series: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Pikmin Series: Captain Olimar
Starfox: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal
F-Zero Series: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh
Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, 3rd Gen. Trainer, Victini
Fire Emblem Series: Marth, Roy, Ike
Mother Series: Ness, Lucas(more luigified)
Retro Franchises: ROB, Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers
New Franchises: Starfy, Issac, Little Mac, Paper Mario, Shulk
3rd Party: Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman, Slime and Chocobo
Total: 59 characters(54 if alternate forms are considered)

Whew... Got that done. Finally.

Unless SS has Ganondorf, why not make him a toon version and give him his Swords? Whether or not Toon Link is there, he could easily give a new style of play. And could be completely different from just a luigification. Also, Bomberman I question due to his lack of moves. He's pretty bomb heavy, so he worries me. Also, I'd change out Shy Guy for a notable character like Kamek instead. Otherwise, perfect.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pokémon:
[*]Pikachu - Pokémon Stadium 2
[*]Jigglypuff - Pokémon Stadium 2
[*]Pokémon Trainer - Pokémon Stadium 2
[*]Mewtwo - Tin Tower
[*]Lucario - Tin Tower
[*]N - N's Castle
No pokemon stadium 3?

Or hell name it Pokemon coliseum xD (since there was no stadium 3)

I figured they'd make a new stadium with new types to have fun with. Thinking a Fighting/Ghost/Psychic/Dark stadium. Fighting could spawn boulders you can push around (strength) and smash (rock smash). Ghost could just make everyone floatier but not like air >.>; Psychic could do some ******** screen mindgames that spear pillar had. and Dark can um... be a flat stage cause flat stages are dark and evil.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Unless SS has Ganondorf, why not make him a toon version and give him his Swords? Whether or not Toon Link is there, he could easily give a new style of play. And could be completely different from just a luigification. Also, Bomberman I question due to his lack of moves. He's pretty bomb heavy, so he worries me. Also, I'd change out Shy Guy for a notable character like Kamek instead. Otherwise, perfect.
Well, with Shy Guy instead of Kamek, I was thinking that Shy Guy could have a more unique moveset than Kamek; plus Shy Guy has appeared in more spin-offs than Kamek.
As for Bomberman, he's practically been on every Nintendo console and nearly every handheld. His moveset wouldn't have to rely on bombs. He did have a sword in Bomberman Hero, plus he could use the Louies from his games.
With Ganondorf, I think the classic Ganondorf should stay, because he's the enemy of the classic Link. Plus Toon Link has fought a bunch of other villains, like Vaati.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Eh....I don't think Shy Guy is likely or even that much of an option for a second Yoshi rep, if anyone it would most likely be Kamek, even he is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom