• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is biased towards Chrome. Anyone who is honest with them self will not say that Chrome/Krom is likely when he is not. The Fire Emblem characters we have had until now have been included for reasons other than simply being "the latest thing". Trying to spin it into something else does not fit into the context of both situations at those times, so being recent does not give Chrome/Krom any kind of advantage. Especially when we know little to nothing about him.
Don't know much about FE but..

Omega, put your hopes up for batman for sm4sh
Sheesh, coming all defensive, it was a JOKE, JOKE!!!!!

:phone:
..Wut?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Damn right I'm going to out my hopes up for BK, even though I'm it's only supporter hehe.

Also, if you haven't noticed, I support DHD now just because people happen to show hate and not want him in, this made me want to support him like Arcadenik.

Anyone can rate my roster?

Mario series: 5
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Toad

Zelda series: 5
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf (With sword)
Toon Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass based moveset)

Donkey Kong series: 4
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K Rool
Dixie Kong (I think she's worthy now)

Yoshi series: 1
Yoshi

Metroid series: 3
Samus/Zero suit
Ridley

Kirby series: 3
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox series: 3
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon series: 7
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Victini
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer

F-Zero series: 2
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Fire Emblem series: 3
Marth
Ike
Roy

Wario series: 1
Wario

Pikmin series: 1
Olimar

Kid Icarus series: 2
Pit
Medusa

Retro franchises: 4
Game and Watch
ROB
Ice Climbers
Takumaru

Punch out series:
Little Mac

Sin and Punishment series: 1
Saki

Golden Sun series: 1
Isaac

Xenoblade series: 1
Shulk

3rd parties: 3
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Newcomers:
Toad
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Victini
Mewtwo (Returns)
Samurai Goroh
Roy (Returns)
Little Mac
Medusa
Takamaru
Saki
Isaac
Shulk
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Total no. of newcomers : 17

Total no. of characters : 50 (45 without Sheik, Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Zero suit Samus)

OmegaXXII

Iookie? Who dat?

Oh ****! Speaking of rosters, I must head back to my Batcave muhahaha, it's confines hold valuable knowledge.

OmegaXXII

I agree with almost everything, near perfection, xcept that you added both Palutena and Medusa, it's possible but we might get just one or the other, I'm kinda of unsure on this, other than than, no complaints, an A+ okay roster broserker. :)

edit- add Little Mac & DHD :awesome:

I agree with almost everything, near perfection, xcept that you added both Palutena and Medusa, it's possible but we might get just one or the other, I'm kinda of unsure on this, other than than, no complaints, an A+ okay roster broserker. :)

Although, I added Paletuna for the sake of making it 50 characters

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyone can rate my roster?

Mario series: 5
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Toad

Zelda series: 5
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf (With sword)
Toon Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass based moveset)

Donkey Kong series: 4
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K Rool
Dixie Kong (I think she's worthy now)

Yoshi series: 1
Yoshi

Metroid series: 3
Samus/Zero suit
Ridley

Kirby series: 3
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox series: 3
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon series: 7
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Victini
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer

F-Zero series: 2
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Fire Emblem series: 3
Marth
Ike
Roy

Wario series: 1
Wario

Pikmin series: 1
Olimar

Kid Icarus series: 3
Pit
Paletuna
Medusa

Retro franchises: 4
Game and Watch
ROB
Ice Climbers
Takumaru

Sin and Punishment series: 1
Saki

Golden Sun series: 1
Isaac

Xenoblade series: 1
Shulk

3rd parties: 3
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Newcomers:
Toad
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Victini
Mewtwo (Returns)
Samurai Goroh
Roy (Returns)
Paletuna
Medusa
Takamaru
Saki
Isaac
Shulk
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Total no. of newcomers : 17

Total no. of characters : 50 (45 without Sheik, Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Zero suit Samus)
Pretty cookie cutter, but it is one I can live with. Pretty good.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nobody is biased towards Chrome. Anyone who is honest with them self will not say that Chrome/Krom is likely when he is not. The Fire Emblem characters we have had until now have been included for reasons other than simply being "the latest thing". Trying to spin it into something else does not fit into the context of both situations at those times, so being recent does not give Chrome/Krom any kind of advantage. Especially when we know little to nothing about him.
Not sure that I can believe that. Though Ike had been around for a while and was pretty popular already I think. The one thing that has suddenly made me doubt Chrome is the possibility that FE13 will not see an international release. If that's the case, keeping Ike for the sake of international appeal would be the best choice. And bring Roy back, of course.

I think that would establish the three as THE Fire Emblem characters of Smash.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I agree with almost everything, near perfection, xcept that you added both Palutena and Medusa, it's possible but we might get just one or the other
It's possible he may only include one because he may not want to overrepresent "his" own series/game like with the Kirby series in Smash 64.

I don't see both getting in, and I'm leaning towards Palutena at the moment.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Not sure that I can believe that. Though Ike had been around for a while and was pretty popular already I think. The one thing that has suddenly made me doubt Chrome is the possibility that FE13 will not see an international release. If that's the case, keeping Ike for the sake of international appeal would be the best choice. And bring Roy back, of course.

I think that would establish the three as THE Fire Emblem characters of Smash.
Considering Roy was included by Sakurai out of preference on Sakurai's part, and Ike was added because Sakurai wanted to add another new FE character, it isn't a very large stretch on my part. Like him or not people want Roy back, and people want Ike to remain just the same. I'm sure these fanbases alone will be a greater majority than those that actually support Chrome/Krom, international release or not. Like I said, being newer does not give any character and advantage. The only time this is applicable is when it comes to stages.

OmegaXXII

Who said anything about you being the head honcho of this thread?

This will make Omega comfortable...

Chrome IS the black knight....
I never said I was lol.. It's Star, oh I see...another rebel!!!!!

And yes....Chrome is BK under that armor, yup, BK is pretty much good to go for Smash 4. :cool:

OmegaXXII

@Omega : Relevance is not much of a factor compared to Sakurai's opinion
Oh no bro, you misunderstood what I'm relating to Star, he said that Sakuraibwas looking for new FE content at the time which in turn Intelligent Sys suggested Ike (who was relevant at the time) obviously Sakurai's influence towards a character is much greater, but Sakurai was looking for something "fresh" relating to FE at the time as well, I know not to say that relevance is what decides a character in, I know that that is clearly noob assumption, you know I know better. :cool:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, here are my quick comments for the past few pages:

Currently on the KI front it is heavly in Palutena's favor to get in. Medusa, however, still has a very good chance though. Overall though it really comes down to how the anime and Uprising is received. Thankfully there is still the chance of 2 KI characters of which, IMO, the roster can handle.

For FE, as stated yesterday we're back down to pretty much where we were when speculation first started which is Marth, Ike, Roy, and a FE13 Lord (Chrome). Seeing as Sakurai has no clear pattern on choosing a FE character it really all comes down to fan popularity and interest. Which even then is no guarantee. So for now FE speculation is more or less at a standstill.

Oh no bro, you misunderstood what I'm relating to Star, he said that Sakuraibwas looking for new FE content at the time which in turn Intelligent Sys suggested Ike (who was relevant at the time) obviously Sakurai's influence towards a character is much greater, but Sakurai was looking for something "fresh" relating to FE at the time as well, I know not to say that relevance is what decides a character in, I know that that is clearly noob assumption, you know I know better. :cool:

*Being brainless about FE*

Hmm, here are my quick comments for the past few pages:

Currently on the KI front it is heavly in Palutena's favor to get in. Medusa, however, still has a very good chance though. Overall though it really comes down to how the anime and Uprising is received. Thankfully there is still the chance of 2 KI characters of which, IMO, the roster can handle.

For FE, as stated yesterday we're back down to pretty much where we were when speculation first started which is Marth, Ike, Roy, and a FE13 Lord (Chrome). Seeing as Sakurai has no clear pattern on choosing a FE character it really all comes down to fan popularity and interest. Which even then is no guarantee. So for now FE speculation is more or less at a standstill.
I'd rather have Medusa but that's my opinion though.

As for FE....

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur..................

Honestly, I'm not so interested in FE. I just want Ike to stay and Roy to get in....
And I want Batman

Nope, u r wrong, prove it son, yeaaaa I thought so.

*Check bolded statements*

*Sees that you do not use the objection website*

You proved it yourself.

Asides from that, you forget too much. Silly goose.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Considering Roy was included by Sakurai out of preference on Sakurai's part, and Ike was added because Sakurai wanted to add another new FE character, it isn't a very large stretch on my part. Like him or not people want Roy back, and people want Ike to remain just the same. I'm sure these fanbases alone will be a greater majority than those that actually support Chrome/Krom, international release or not. Like I said, being newer does not give any character and advantage. The only time this is applicable is when it comes to stages.
I haven't really seen a strong case made for that despite ChronoBound trying to push it as such. And as we've seen with Lucario and Ike, new faces have priority over the old. It's a formula that just WORKS, in my opinion. You mention fanbases, but they didn't matter much for Mewtwo, did they?

LET'S SEE THOUGH... With Roy and Ike, he wanted to add more FE characters. Is the more important question whether or not he will say to himself "I want more FE characters?" Because he will probably know Roy is wanted. If he never has to ask himself who to add, Chrome probably wouldn't come under consideration.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
When did Star become "head honcho" fall back with that mess.

Anyways it's ridiculous for anyone to actually doubt Kuromu having a chance to come in. You can't downplay him, you can't backtrack either on this either.

Your logic says that relevency doesn't matter, correct. Then why do you use the relevency clause in the pokemon case? Either you believe in relevency factors or not? It's well, "it only works for this because it helps my argument."

OmegaXXII

I'd rather have Medusa but that's my opinion though.

As for FE....

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur..................

Honestly, I'm not so interested in FE. I just want Ike to stay and Roy to get in....
And I want Batman
Yes son, you have fallen it my wrath by saying you want BK, one more for the good guys, I'll quote in my Batcave.

@Tri-Hy:What do you think of that e-shop thing regarding Kid Icarus with Palutena and Medusa? What does it mean?

I agree with broooooseker x100 burning attacks!!, I prefer Medusa since she's an antagonist like BK is to Ike, although Palutena is still attractive, unlike Krystal. :troll:

Yes son, you have fallen it my wrath by saying you want BK, one more for the good guys, I'll quote in my Batcave.

@Tri-Hy:What do you think of that e-shop thing regarding Kid Icarus with Palutena and Medusa? What does it mean?

I agree with broooooseker x100 burning attacks!!, I prefer Medusa since she's an antagonist like BK is to Ike, although Palutena is still attractive, unlike Krystal. :troll:

I never fell in your wrath Omega.

I just like the guy because of....

BURGER KNIGHT! Huuuurrrr.
When did Star become "head honcho" fall back with that mess.

Anyways it's ridiculous for anyone to actually doubt Kuromu having a chance to come in. You can't downplay him, you can't backtrack either on this either.

Your logic says that relevency doesn't matter, correct. Then why do you use the relevency clause in the pokemon case? Either you believe in relevency factors or not? It's well, "it only works for this because it helps my argument."

Wait... Who's Kurom---- Oh. Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom