• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish this thread wouldn't be so active; not die, per se. At least until an announcement or trailer about the game is actually made.

About ¾ of my posts have been made here but that's when this thread was at its prime— summer.

And why must you people post about the lag sucking in Brawl? We know. It's not like it hasn't been said a thousand times— which is a logical number.
Maybe it's because there's nothing to talk about...

(Or we can just let the thread die but.....)

D

Deleted member

I've been think of the following match-ups for online:

Free-For-All

Team Battles:

1 vs. 1 (Stand-Off!!), 1 vs. 2, 1 vs. 3, 1 vs. 4, 1 vs. 5
2. vs. 2, 2 vs. 3, 2 vs. 4
3 vs. 3
2 vs. 2 vs. 2

(assuming this game gets six players)

Or in short, a way to customize the match set-up.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Oh yeah, of course, 3v3 battles should def be in. I was just listing random match-up ideas. :)
No problem. :)

I'm actually very supporting of this, think how tourneys would be run, it would add more competative play as well as amongst friends, especially if such a feature was implemented for online use.

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Hasn't it been said that the Wii U will have better online?

@SSBFan
I don't think there's actually gonna be a 1 vs >1, but everything else sounds fine.

ALSO, A NO ITEMS OPTION WOULD BE AMAZING IN ADDITION TO 1V1

OmegaXXII

Yes, it seems the Wii-U's online will definetly improve, hopefully for the best, I'm not sure by how much, but it should be better than Brawl's at the very least.

D

Deleted member

Hasn't it been said that the Wii U will have better online?

@SSBFan
I don't think there's actually gonna be a 1 vs >1, but everything else sounds fine.

ALSO, A NO ITEMS OPTION WOULD BE AMAZING IN ADDITION TO 1V1
It's for people hoping for competitive 1 on 1 matches online with no items.

Another common complaint that I hope gets fix is what also happens online. What I've noticed is that when I move my character, it always has a delay to it. It should be perfectly precise like offline.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Pikachu needs a new moveset. Here's what I got.

All of his (A) moves are the same. They are fine. AS FOR (B) Moves... Time to upgrade to the 5th generation, Pikachu.

(B): Electro Ball:
Pikachu throws an eletric ball at the opponent. Homes in on the target, but if target gets behind it or gets out of range, it explodes into little volts. Electric Confetti, hurray!

(B)^: Quick Attack:
The same as before, but needs more time for the second jump.

(B)>: Iron Tail:
Like Skull Bash, but stronger and he spins when executing it.

(B)v: Thunder:
Although I do not agree, you probably would, so I'm leaving it as is.

FS: Volt Tackle
He's body turns into pure elelctric, and he can run around, very fast, and tackle opponents with it. Quick Attack is very awesome with this, as well. Touching Pikachu in this state will cause damage too, Not like his old FS, because that is too similar to Super Sonic. As a countering physic, Pikachu, at the end of the FS, will discharge all of the electric, sending anyone near him to knockback hard.

Taunts will be the same.

OmegaXXII

Yes, less frames means less lag, I hope Sakurai has actually learned from Brawl's online and has taken some notes, it should utilize the Wii-U's maximum potential capabilities.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
If it's supposed to be more "gamer oriented", then online should be up to date with PS3 and XBox rather than just a better gpu.

@SSBFan
I should've put 1 v 1+ as in a gang ****.

@asage
Quick Attack is fine as it is :) Actually Brawl Pika is perfect. QAC wasn't even that broken.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You need to see a moveset? Really? Captain Falcon's moveset before super smash bros existed. What would you have said?

But if you can't live without one, I'll make this up quick:

Up B: Inflate - Tingle blows up a red balloon and floats up into the air.

B: Rupee - Tingle throws a random-coloured Rupee at an enemy.

Side B: Pirouette - Tingle leaps into the air while spinning, propelling him similarly to Diddy's flip kick. This move has a sweet spot spike at the bottom of Tingle's feet. On the ground, Tingle will not leap into the air, but will just spin along the ground.

Down B: Bomb - If Tingle has an active balloon, this will drop a bomb straight down. Otherwise, he will throw one straight up.

Final Smash: Map - Tingle sits down for a moment and draws a map. Suddenly, the whole screen goes dark except for a small circle of light surrounding Tingle. In the darkness, assorted LoZ enemies attack the other players.

Standards are just kicks and slaps and headbutts or w/e the **** you want them to be.

Honestly though, please read what I said. I said Tingle is DESERVING. I also said I don't think he will make it in. LoZ doesn't need anymore characters.

He's also already an AT.
No offense but this moveset kinda makes Tingle lame... I mean, really? Throwing a Rupee as a projectile? Twirling around? Drawing maps as a Final Smash?

If I had to make a Tingle moveset, this is how I would have done it.

B - Tingle Shield
Tingle casts a protective magic barrier to reflect projectiles like Zelda's B move does. The barrier is shaped like a Rupee as a reference to Tingle's association with Rupees. Tingle had this spell in The Wind Waker if you used the Tingle Tuner item.

Side B - Tingle Watch
Tingle throws a magical clock. When it hits the opponent, their speed is slowed down - as if time slowed them down like the clock item in Brawl. This is a reference to the clock item in the original Zelda game and the fact Tingle wears a clock around his neck and the fact Tingle's debut game (Majora's Mask) was all about time.

Up B - Tingle Balloon
Tingle inflates his balloon and he starts to fly around. It is like using Pit's Up B move. This is what Tingle is best known for... and it doubles as a reference to one of Tingle's own games, Tingle's Balloon Fight.

Down B - Tingle Balloon
Tingle throws a bomb like Link does if he doesn't have a balloon inflated. Tingle drops a bomb straight down if he is flying around with the balloon.

Final Smash - Kooloo-Limpah
Tingle does a quick dance routine that ends with him saying "Kooloo-Limpah!" and then Tingle's balloon inflates and Tingle starts to fly around and he can shoot Rupees in a rapid-fire speed when you hold down the A button. This is a reference to what Tingle did during the final boss fight in his own game (Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have this idea that I want there to be both Final Smashes and Transformation Smashes. I think the Final Smash system needs to be revamped.

I was thinking possibly a setting that gave you a "point" of some sort whenever you got a kill. This setting could be turned off, of course.

Basically, when you score a KO against an opponent, you would gain a little icon that goes near your stocks. These icons would add up, and if you get to 3 kills, you begin to glow orange (as you do now when you have a final smash available). If you press Attack and Special at the same time (the same input for share stock), you will unleash your final smash.

However, if you get KO'd before you use your final smash, you will lose it and your counter will go back to zero.

You can also keep storing your points after three. If you get to five points, you can then unleash your Transformation Smash. These are both more fun and more powerful, allowing you to control your character with upgraded moves and/or stats.

Some examples of Final Smashes would include:

Mario - Mega Fireball
Yoshi - Explosive Egg Barrage
Bowser - Super Flame Breath
Donkey Kong - Jungle Beat Bongos
King K. Rool - Cannonball Rain
Link - Triforce Slash

Some examples of Transformation Smashes include:

Mario - Mega Mario
Yoshi - Winged Yoshi
Bowser - Giga Bowser
Donkey Kong - Riding Rambi
King K. Rool - K.A.O.S.
Link - Fierce Deity Mask
Mine is definatly Masked Dedede. Music would change and everything, man! Low Knockback and all.

OmegaXXII

And you know what, I hear we're getting rid of Friend Codes with the Wii-U as well.

'BOUT TIME.
Is it official? Hopefully a mic-chat along with the Wii-U tablet camera will suffice for this, also an IM kind of thing would be useful for conversating while online if one doesn't have a Bluetooth headset, also an friend online indicator would be nice while playing offline.

Kantrip

Kantplay
No offense but this moveset kinda makes Tingle lame... I mean, really? Throwing a Rupee as a projectile? Twirling around? Drawing maps as a Final Smash?

If I had to make a Tingle moveset, this is how I would have done it.

B - Tingle Shield
Tingle casts a protective magic barrier to reflect projectiles like Zelda's B move does. The barrier is shaped like a Rupee as a reference to Tingle's association with Rupees. Tingle had this spell in The Wind Waker if you used the Tingle Tuner item.

Side B - Tingle Watch
Tingle throws a magical clock. When it hits the opponent, their speed is slowed down - as if time slowed them down like the clock item in Brawl. This is a reference to the clock item in the original Zelda game and the fact Tingle wears a clock around his neck and the fact Tingle's debut game (Majora's Mask) was all about time.

Up B - Tingle Balloon
Tingle inflates his balloon and he starts to fly around. It is like using Pit's Up B move. This is what Tingle is best known for... and it doubles as a reference to one of Tingle's own games, Tingle's Balloon Fight.

Down B - Tingle Balloon
Tingle throws a bomb like Link does if he doesn't have a balloon inflated. Tingle drops a bomb straight down if he is flying around with the balloon.

Final Smash - Kooloo-Limpah
Tingle does a quick dance routine that ends with him saying "Kooloo-Limpah!" and then Tingle's balloon inflates and Tingle starts to fly around and he can shoot Rupees in a rapid-fire speed when you hold down the A button. This is a reference to what Tingle did during the final boss fight in his own game (Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)
Yeah I really whipped that up to show it was possible. I know it's a crappy moveset. I just wanted to throw out moves.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Back from laundry

So it's not gonna be universal? Well, I guess that's the incentive for getting different versions. But YES! I always love the first stages in Sonic games lol.
Well Sonic would be the only one with a falling Dair in SSB4 if it's Bounce Attack (and the mechanic doesn't return at all, hopefully). But self destructing is actually a good consequence since on ground you can bounce and do aerials (like Pika's QAC). There's no self destruct if Homing Attack can be controlled and aimed towards the ground though.

Jaleel White doesn't only have to be Classic Sonic. Sonic should've never NOT been Jaleel White haha
I guess not since Radical Highway is on the 3DS version too.

Ah well. Looks like I have a real reason to buy a 3DS now lol.

I guess you're right about that. I iz not well-versed in competitive crap so I wouldn't really know...

@Shortie- Nah, Cassie's been mine, bro. And, wow, this thread is moving fast...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah I really whipped that up to show it was possible. I know it's a crappy moveset. I just wanted to throw out moves.
It's okay... though I think Tingle's taunts should have Tingle tossing a Rupee, twirling around, and drawing maps. They are more appropriate as taunts than as attacks. ;)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm listening to 115 by Elena Siegman. Now I wanna fight on SSBB. See ya! BTW I'll have a Victini Moveset, Stage, and music tomarrow or the next day or two.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Omega
IM on the tablet is actually a really good idea. I dunno about video chat, I feel like it'll make online even more laggy (and a little unnecessary to hardcore players).

@Bulma
I like SSB for being a fan of crossover games, but I like it more because I play competitively (which is why I like Melee more)

Jeez, what's with everyone wanting their post count up lately? This thread goes like 3 pages when I look back to watch TV

OmegaXXII

I like the pikachu moveset, too bad Sakurai isn't likely to change it much seeing it's been used over 3 games already.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Brawl's delay was most likely caused by the Wi-Fi mode because you can tell it's unfinished. iirc the coding of it is nothing like MKW's.

OmegaXXII

@Omega
IM on the tablet is actually a really good idea. I dunno about video chat, I feel like it'll make online even more laggy (and a little unnecessary to hardcore players).

Yeah, video chat might not be the best while actually playing a bout, maybe during a break between matches perhaps? Yeah, The IM feature would really come in handy rather than to type little words on taunt boxes and such.

OmegaXXII

I don't think Pika's moves need to change, just buff or nerf but honestly Pika was perfect in Brawl, it was just a buffed Melee version.
Agreed, I don't think you have to worry though, Sakurai is likely going to leave it as is, just a few tweaks and balances is all is needed.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Brawl's delay was most likely caused by the Wi-Fi mode because you can tell it's unfinished. iirc the coding of it is nothing like MKW's.
well sakurai was trying to make brawl online for the first time. well guess what its better than anything :wifi:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Goku- I'm a pretty casual Smash player but I prefer Melee over Brawl. As a core gamer in general, I appreciated the learning curve/depth of it, amongst a few other key reasons.

@Omega- Just give me voice chat and a block feature and it'll be all good. :cool:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
no it wasn't.

pikachu only benefited from physics/universal changes.
Well I have no statistics against you, but I still don't think his moveset needs to change just buffs or nerfs to keep up with the physics.

Yeah, video chat might not be the best while actually playing a bout, maybe during a break between matches perhaps? Yeah, The IM feature would really come in handy rather than to type little words on taunt boxes and such.

Well there already is a video chat on the Wii U itself, so if there was some sort of "change app" feature on the tablet then I could I see it working.
IM should definitely happen, and I could see Team Sora taking advantage of the tablet in such a wayl.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Nintendo, generally, does not want their products to change into a real tablet or phone thingy. They're disgusted by the idea as a whole.

Though mic chat is pretty much best.

Steam

Smash Hero
Well I have no statistics against you, but I still don't think his moveset needs to change just buffs or nerfs to keep up with the physics.
it's just how it was for most of the melee roster.

either way the tier list only applies to a very small amount of people, otherwise the game is balanced enough

OmegaXXII

@Goku- I'm a pretty casual Smash player but I prefer Melee over Brawl. As a core gamer in general, I appreciated the learning curve/depth of it, amongst a few other key reasons.

@Omega- Just give me voice chat and a block feature and it'll be all good. :cool:
Haha, the block feature is much needed. ;D

But yeah, voice chat is the way to go, in my opinion for it to be more convinient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom