• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Emerald Coast is in the 3DS version of Generations, Goku. :)

Speed Highway is the console SA stage rep for Generations.

Ryan Drummond or Jaleel White would do it for me.

And Goku, I'd love for the Bounce Attack to be a Dair, it'd be funny seeing people self-destruct themselves with it lol.

:phone:
Back from laundry

So it's not gonna be universal? Well, I guess that's the incentive for getting different versions. But YES! I always love the first stages in Sonic games lol.
Well Sonic would be the only one with a falling Dair in SSB4 if it's Bounce Attack (and the mechanic doesn't return at all, hopefully). But self destructing is actually a good consequence since on ground you can bounce and do aerials (like Pika's QAC). There's no self destruct if Homing Attack can be controlled and aimed towards the ground though.

Jaleel White doesn't only have to be Classic Sonic. Sonic should've never NOT been Jaleel White haha

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't believe I said it lowered or increased it, bud. @king (again) I don't support him, and I'm leaving it at that. Enough of what logic is, cause Rupees aren't weapons.

I don't believe I said it lowered or increased it, bud.

Recall what you said before
Tingle is a lover, not a fighter. That's why I think Tingle won't get in SSB4. I do like him, but not in SSB (except when he throws random hammers :) ). and as for his games, they were Japanese-Only games,, so that actually doesn't hit everything of LoZ. He's loved, but not likely. Leave it at that, and let's move on.
And Captain Falcon had his own comic series that showed him as a bounty hunter. What's your point?
Bolded statements prove it

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Technically Peach had Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario RPG working for her at the time...

D

Deleted member

Just want to say this now.

It is a misconception that the Japanese love Tingle and want him in Smash. As shown here, this is false. There has been virtually no demands for a Zelda rep in Japan, so even Japanese don't want him in Smash. That doesn't make him impossible as I still think he has the best shot of getting in, but I wouldn't call any Zelda rep for SSB4 likely that is already not in.

(thank god I got my homework and RL stuff done so I can chat here)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Move on to what?

SSBF, thank you.

Allow me to re-iterate concisely: I don't like Tingle. Hardly anyone likes Tingle. LoZ does not need any more characters. Tingle is still the most deserving character that is not in smash. I do NOT want him in the game.

D

Deleted member

King... MOVE THE **** ON!!! LOL Dude I don't care what your voice is spitting at me. I didn't mean it that way, so please... quiet down about it for now.
Could you please try to quiet down. You aren't really setting a good example.

Lets move this to another topic before it gets any worse. Like for example, we haven't talked about online for awhile. Is there anything you want to see?

And lastly to Omega....

ANYONE CAN HAVE A MOVESET NO MATTER HOW STUPID OR UNFITTING IT IS

and yes... Let us move on

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@New Capcom stuff

It looks like the race for most bought franchise of Capcom's is between Street Fighter and Resident Evil. Although on RE vs. Megaman for Smash, I suppose it comes down to what fans want. Even if Resident Evil has(Which I don't know for sure, I just know RE4 for the GC was one of the best selling GC games) sold more on Nintendo systems, it comes down to what the fans want.

I just like having SOMETHING on my side. IF a Resident Evil character got int Smash, I would think it would be between Jill or Leon. Jill is in the two RE3DS games, and Leon was in the ever popular RE4.

Yes. lol

Medabee for Super Smash Bros. 4
He was one of my suggesgtions for SSBL! He actually isn't an anime character by origin, and I think almost all the Medabots games are on Nintendo handheld systems~

Woo woop.

NOT NECESSARILY DIRECTED AT YOU, SHORTSHORTS. I guess I just wanted to say all that... for the sake of it.
Okay, where to start? I guess I'll start with Paper Mario: screw him. Next is Bowser Jr: Not important, COULD be Bowser clone, and doesn't have the iconicism that Toad does. Toad: Even LESS important story wise than Bowser Jr, COULD be a Mario/Luigi clone (Think NSMBW) BUT is probably the most popular Nintendo candidate. Toad > Ridley, just a fact. Not a nice one either.

Shortie would like to have a word with you.

And now... I ride...
INDEED. I've been here longer. . . she's mine.

Hey, everyone. DO you realize this thread has made four new pages since SIX? A half an hour ago. Calm the **** down. Everything you've said has already been said before.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Move on to what?

SSBF, thank you.

Allow me to re-iterate concisely: I don't like Tingle. Hardly anyone likes Tingle. LoZ does not need any more characters. Tingle is still the most deserving character that is not in smash. I do NOT want him in the game.
I concur with exact sane setiment, as much as I hate Tingle, I think he's likely to appear now that Ghirahim has been confirmed as "just" a servant.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Could you please try to quiet down. You aren't really setting a good example.

Lets move this to another topic before it gets any worse. Like for example, we haven't talked about online for awhile. Is there anything you want to see?
I appreciate you telling me what I'm trying to do, bud -_- but neways, Online Chat, ftw. Headsets and all! Plus less lag would be cool.

@New Capcom stuff

It looks like the race for most bought franchise of Capcom's is between Street Fighter and Resident Evil. Although on RE vs. Megaman for Smash, I suppose it comes down to what fans want. Even if Resident Evil has(Which I don't know for sure, I just know RE4 for the GC was one of the best selling GC games) sold more on Nintendo systems, it comes down to what the fans want.

I just like having SOMETHING on my side. IF a Resident Evil character got int Smash, I would think it would be between Jill or Leon. Jill is in the two RE3DS games, and Leon was in the ever popular RE4.

He was one of my suggesgtions for SSBL! He actually isn't an anime character by origin, and I think almost all the Medabots games are on Nintendo handheld systems~

Woo woop.

Okay, where to start? I guess I'll start with Paper Mario: screw him. Next is Bowser Jr: Not important, COULD be Bowser clone, and doesn't have the iconicism that Toad does. Toad: Even LESS important story wise than Bowser Jr, COULD be a Mario/Luigi clone (Think NSMBW) BUT is probably the most popular Nintendo candidate. Toad > Ridley, just a fact. Not a nice one either.

INDEED. I've been here longer. . . she's mine.

Hey, everyone. DO you realize this thread has made four new pages since SIX? A half an hour ago. Calm the **** down. Everything you've said has already been said before.
Honestly... I don't care about Megaman now...

And... Yes... I'm fine with an RE character

OmegaXXII

And lastly to Omega....

ANYONE CAN HAVE A MOVESET NO MATTER HOW STUPID OR UNFITTING IT IS

and yes... Let us move on
Did I ever say a character isn't capable of a moveset? You have it twisted around, ironically I'm the one always preaching that ANY character has moveset potential, shame for accusing me of such things.

Sabyr

Smash Cadet
For online, I want more options than just Basic Brawl and Team Battle. What if I wanna play 1v1, or 5v1? Make it happen, Sakurai.

Also, I want the Spectate mode back. Am I the only one who ever used it? I thought it was rather neat. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

For online, I want more options than just Basic Brawl and Team Battle. What if I wanna play 1v1, or 5v1? Make it happen, Sakurai.

Also, I want the Spectate mode back. Am I the only one who ever used it? I thought it was rather neat. :awesome:
Me too. I absolutely loathed Brawl's online not only for the lag, but also the lack of options.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I've told people to not take this thread so seriously. Do they listen? No. They would rather push their little hearts and minds into unneeded strain and anguish. Driving them ever closer to suffering ulceration and onset heart conditions. Oh well...

As far as not liking a character goes. Not liking a character should not make a person any more biased about their inclusion. There are many characters I don't like that I won't knock against unnecessarily.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Tingle is likely, but I don't think Tingle is really "deserving". That's a word that only Sakurai and Team Sora can really define for Smash...
Either way, I don't like him or the idea of him taking Toon Link's place T_T

1v1 online would be the best option.

I've told people to not take this thread so seriously. Do they listen? No. They would rather push their little hearts and minds into unneeded strain and anguish. Driving them ever closer to suffering ulceration and onset heart conditions. Oh well...

As far as not liking a character goes. Not liking a character should not make a person any more biased about their inclusion. There are many characters I don't like that I won't knock against unnecessarily.
I like using those sprite animations. Probably used that moment to use the sprites...

In the end, I don't really care about Tingle but he's not impossible. Anything can happen and lastly.... We don't know who will be in the next game.

OmegaXXII

Well, 3v3 battles would probably be within the realm of possibility now that the Wii-U is able to handle 4 Wiimotes plus the Wii-U tablet itself, I'm guessing a second tablet will be possible as well??

D

Deleted member

Mm, yes, the lag. Very bane of my existence. It's why I don't okay online nearly as much as I'd like to. Every time I manage to connect with someone, I'd disconnect.

RAAAAGE.

But hopefully Sakurai's learned from his mistakes.
Despite the atrocity that was the online, I am hoping for a good online system. Lags are unbearable at best.

HEY! Brawl online would be better than melee's online if it had one.

Imagine playing melee with lag

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I really wish this thread wouldn't be so active; not die, per se. At least until an announcement or trailer about the game is actually made.

About ¾ of my posts have been made here but that's when this thread was at its prime— summer.

And why must you people post about the lag sucking in Brawl? We know. It's not like it hasn't been said a thousand times— which is a logical number.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I have this idea that I want there to be both Final Smashes and Transformation Smashes. I think the Final Smash system needs to be revamped.

I was thinking possibly a setting that gave you a "point" of some sort whenever you got a kill. This setting could be turned off, of course.

Basically, when you score a KO against an opponent, you would gain a little icon that goes near your stocks. These icons would add up, and if you get to 3 kills, you begin to glow orange (as you do now when you have a final smash available). If you press Attack and Special at the same time (the same input for share stock), you will unleash your final smash.

However, if you get KO'd before you use your final smash, you will lose it and your counter will go back to zero.

You can also keep storing your points after three. If you get to five points, you can then unleash your Transformation Smash. These are both more fun and more powerful, allowing you to control your character with upgraded moves and/or stats.

Some examples of Final Smashes would include:

Mario - Mega Fireball
Yoshi - Explosive Egg Barrage
Bowser - Super Flame Breath
Donkey Kong - Jungle Beat Bongos
King K. Rool - Cannonball Rain
Link - Triforce Slash

Some examples of Transformation Smashes include:

Mario - Mega Mario
Yoshi - Winged Yoshi
Bowser - Giga Bowser
Donkey Kong - Riding Rambi