• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yep it did, here's part 1 of the first episode.

I'm not an anime dub nut, so I'm not sure about the voice actors. But they seem o.k.

Still hopefully they do what they did in MvC3, where you can change the voice actors from Japanese to English on certain specific characters instead of in Melee where where you changed them all characters at once.
I don't think Spike Spencer would be a good voice pick for Marth even though he is still very active these days.

And I'd like to see that with the voice changes. I wish BlazBlue did that though. Either everyone speaks English or Japanese, not a mix of both.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQoiQyZPQik&feature=related

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well there already is a video chat on the Wii U itself, so if there was some sort of "change app" feature on the tablet then I could I see it working.
IM should definitely happen, and I could see Team Sora taking advantage of the tablet in such a wayl.
An app you say? Sounds like another idea, it seems The Wii-U might have something like that considering it's a tablet and all, and yes, it would make talking to friends much more easier if Bluettoth wasn't accessible.

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Bulma
A group of my friends and I used to play each other up to the point where we could've gotten a good place in local tourneys (not the ones in high school where people thought Jiggs was horrible in Melee xD)
One of them seemed like he could take on pros (He used Fox and Falco go figure).

@Mecha
If Nintendo doesn't take advantage of their own products then Sony will have them beat by the time they copy the tablet.
Not everyone has a mic, so IM seems best to me.

@Steam
I meant statistics in damage
I don't know too much about Brawl tiers since I haven't played it in forever, but I know I can say for sure that it's balanced until somebody chooses MetaKnight lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Taken from the final step in journey of the samurai apprentice Takamaru, it's the mysterious Murasame Castle!

Over all it's a pretty simple stage. As fighting takes place a top the highest balconey and roof of the castle.

The only main gimake is that occationally (if item's are turned on) friendly Tanookis will appear to aid fighters by dropping items if attacked. Also occasionally, the final boss, the Murasame Statue, itself will blast a hole in the center of the stage. However, just like the Metal Gears it does nothing but look on mensisingly.

Other then that it's a pretty atmospheric stage; it glows an eerie purple color and lightning repeatly strikes the top of the castle in the background. Also within the background one may see the 4 beginning castles Takamaru must visit can also be sited each all growing their own eerie colors. Along with Ninjas who jump around the stage's background.

Stage Name: Murasame Castle
Stage Icon: Japanese Castle

Stage Example:

x_______x
/xxxxxxxxx\
x________x

Tracks:
Nazo no Murasamejo - Main Theme - Douchuumen
Nazo no Murasamejo - Castle Theme
Nazo no Murasamejo - Murasame's Theme (Final Boss)
Famicom Detective Club Part II - Title Theme
Kirby's Adventure - Forest Area
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Summoning Dance
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Violet Sky
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Ages - Tarm Ruins
StarTropics II: Zoda's Revenge - Main Dungeon
Shin Onigashima - Shin Onigashima (Brawl)
Nazo no Murasamejo - Douchuumen (Original) (Brawl)
Mega Man 6 - Yamato Man (If MM is in)

Credit also goes to Star for helping me out with the music. ;)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyone here got Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition yet? I got it yesterday and I like it so far. Now, I haven't unlocked anything in the game so far but I was thinking that SSB4 could use a new stage based on the concept behind "Realm of Memories".

Maybe in SSB4, we could get a Zelda stage that wraps us through several iconic locations throughout the Zelda series.

Lost Woods - based on A Link to the Past; with crows attacking everyone sometimes and the forest thief acting like Munchlax in Brawl as he clears the stage of items, fighting on and inside the hollowed out logs

Death Mountain - based on The Legend of Zelda; with waterfalls pushing you off the stage, rocks falling from the volcano, and a Zora shooting fireballs at the stage from the nearby river in the background

Lake Hylia - based on Twilight Princess; fighting on the pyramid-like platform with the Rupees, occasionally it becomes part of the Twilight Realm as those shadow bugs show up and attack everyone and then things turn back to normal

Hyrule Castle - based on The Wind Waker; fighting inside the throne room with the Moblins and Darknuts occasionally appearing to attack everyone

Lon Lon Ranch - based on Ocarina of Time; fighting on the rooftops and the field, horses occasionally stampede through the stage whenever Epona's Song plays

Turtle Rock - based on Link's Awakening; fighting in front of Turtle Rock with the head of the Turtle Rock attacking everyone sometimes, there is the giant egg on top of the mountain in the background

Clock Town - based on Majora's Mask; takes place on the rooftops of the Clock Town and the Moon's Tears fall down from the sky can hit the opponents

You know, a quick trip down the memory lane with the "Realm of Memories" stage. That would be pretty cool. :)

OmegaXXII

I thought it was a Mach Rider stage for sure, hmm..A Takamaru stage?

That Murasame statue seems like an interesting little stage hazard, I like it. ;D

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I thought it was a Mach Rider stage for sure, hmm..A Takamaru stage?

That Murasame statue seems like an interesting little stage hazard, I like it. ;D

Huh?

I didn't make it a hazard. It just stands there similar to the Metal Gears on SMI.

Also no Mach Rider, I lied. :p

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Omega
I'm pretty sure the tablet is gonna have some sort of app feature, but I meant multi tasking-wise where you can switch between them without having to cancel the other.

@Kumo
I like MvC3's take where you can choose which Capcom characters speak Japanese.

OmegaXXII

Huh?

I didn't make it a hazard. It just stands there similar to the Metal Gears on SMI.

Also no Mach Rider, I lied. :p
Oh my bad, I reread it now, yeah, seems that other thing drops items when hit? Yeah, the scenery looks great since I really haven't seen anything like this in Smash as far as Chinese houses go.

Whaaaat? Tri-Hyphen fibbing? I thought I would never see the day to be perfectly honest. :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kumo
I like MvC3's take where you can choose which Capcom characters speak Japanese.
SFIV does that with everyone. My guess as to why the Marvel characters speak only English is probably some agreement with Marvel and to preserve the image of them being American-made characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Realms of Memories from Zelda Four Swords Anniversary Edition for SSB4 stage, anyone?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Whaaaat? Tri-Hyphen fibbing? I thought I would never see the day to be perfectly honest. :laugh:

Actually if you looked at my post I did hint that it wasn't a Mach Rider stage. So I didn't lie entirely.

I just didn't want to ruin the surprise. Although you probably could have checked me and Star's pages for spoilers.

I cannot tell a lie.....completely. :p

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Kumo
That's what I thought. For some reason I find it funny if Captain America was speaking Japanese lol

@Omega
Any smartphone for that matter. Mecha said that Nintendo doesn't want their products being too much like current phones/tablets which I think is stupid since they're just throwing away the potential of a f**king tablet. Same goes for Wii U STILL having no DVD capability...with HD. But I respect the strive to stay traditional :)

@Swayne
Got owned by level 9 cpus did you? haha

OmegaXXII

Actually if you looked at my post I did hint that it wasn't a Mach Rider stage. So I didn't lie entirely.

I just didn't want to ruin the surprise. Although you probably could have checked me and Star's pages for spoilers.

I cannot tell a lie.....completely. :p
Ha, clever ruse to distract from something so obvious, hmm...perhaps a surprise stage is in order? Yeah, sounds good to me.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So... does anyone else support the idea of the Adventure Mode being exclusive to the 3DS version since that version is more single-player focused?

It makes sense when you think about it. I will elaborate on this later when I can...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Kumo
That's what I thought. For some reason I find it funny if Captain America was speaking Japanese lol

@Omega
Any smartphone for that matter. Mecha said that Nintendo doesn't want their products being too much like current phones/tablets which I think is stupid since they're just throwing away the potential of a f**king tablet. Same goes for Wii U STILL having no DVD capability...with HD. But I respect the strive to stay traditional :)
Well, you can watch movies, but you need Wi-Fi. ( I know u said DVD, but...)

edit: I'm bored, so I came back. Figures -_-

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Good luck with that. I'm sure my report will far surpass yours. And another thing I should probably get off my chest is that it's hard to believe your in college (I believe) with the stupidity of your posts. I may act childish and self-minded but majority of times it's not as severe.
At least Omega doesn't use the X word (
sex
) as if it's a humorous joke to all...

BTW, Omega, if you're nearly done with your roster, just post it now. You can add and fix it over time. Honestly, I haven't seen you finish much things you get started on, so it's probably better to just post it now and change it over time then let it be forgotten.

---, you should add Samurai Warrior 3's remake of the Murasame Castle theme to your stage.

On-topic, should F-Zero or Yoshi get new stages? Neither series are very relevant now, and they both had good stages in Brawl.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
So... does anyone else support the idea of the Adventure Mode being exclusive to the 3DS version since that version is more single-player focused?

It makes sense when you think about it. I will elaborate on this later when I can...
i know but ill be so much fun with wifi on smash 4 on 3ds XD

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
---, you should add Samurai Warrior 3's remake of the Murasame Castle theme to your stage.

On-topic, should F-Zero or Yoshi get new stages? Neither series are very relevant now, and they both had good stages in Brawl.
I thought about it, but I was lazy and decided against it. Mostly because they're the same song and chances are Nintendo will do their own version. Still I will admit it's an awesome song. ;)

I think Star did a F-Zero stage.

As for a Yoshi stage, I had one in mind, but after thinking about it, I don't like the idea anymore. However, I am still working on it.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@Swayne
Got owned by level 9 cpus did you? haha
I'm sure I haven't been the only one getting owned....:glare:

"Cruel Melee" was bad, but surprisingly do-able. "Cruel Brawl" was downright awful. (And my "ace-in-the-hole" was gone.)

If it does return, which it might, I think it should be tweaked.

OmegaXXII

At least Omega doesn't use the X word (
sex
) as if it's a humorous joke to all...

BTW, Omega, if you're nearly done with your roster, just post it now. You can add and fix it over time. Honestly, I haven't seen you finish much things you get started on, so it's probably better to just post it now and change it over time then let it be forgotten.
If you say so, coming right up, anything else fine croc?

OmegaXXII

Meh. I think you actually can, probably via hacking modchip and such just like the Wii, but it would have been a nice feature I guess.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
The more I keep playing Melee (which I am right now), the more I keep thinking....

The 5 that were cut; Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, and Young Link. They need to come back. I'm sorry.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

Well if you can open files like 360 and PS3, then I could open torrented movies and stuff, but I brought that up to say they don't use their products to its full potential.

I'm sure I haven't been the only one getting owned....:glare:

"Cruel Melee" was bad, but surprisingly do-able. "Cruel Brawl" was downright awful. (And my "ace-in-the-hole" was gone.)

If it does return, which it might, I think it should be tweaked.
Nah, I'm sure everyone gets owned in Cruel, but that's basically the point hence "cruel". There's no "winning" in it anyway, just a survival mode kinda thing.
The more I play Melee, the more I want it to be online, in HD and better balancing.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just thought of something. The only two series outside the Big 3 to get more than one new stage in Brawl were Metroid and Donkey Kong. Both of these series people thought were deserving of another playable character in Brawl. Perhaps Sakurai thought giving both of these series an extra new stage negated them not having an extra newcomer in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom