• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Forgive me if I'm off topic, but here's my next stage concept.

Inspired by one of the 2 actual games made for our Robotic Operating Buddy, it's the Laboratory.

Seeing as none of the phases would truly fit into Smash properly without causing a scene, this stage was made from the ground up giving it a new age retro feel to it.

Still overall it's a pretty simple stage. When fighting here the main gimmick are the 4 pipes that move up and down repeatedly at random. These pipes are each solid walls so each time they move they change the fabric of the stage entirely! Every 5-10 seconds at 2 of the same colored pipes open and close so if you or an opponent is caught on top of or under one prepare to be squished!

Of course in the background you'll see R.O.B.'s partner, Professor Hector moving about, serving as the signal for when the pipes move. The screen will flash a glowing green color and Hector will move into his waiting stance until the pipes have effectively rearranged the room. So you always expect a new stage every time you fight here!

Stage Example:

p = Pipe

___p_______pp_____________p__
xxxpxxxxxxxxxppxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpxxx
xxxpxxxx---xxppxx---xxxxxxxxxxxpxxx
xxxpxxxxxxx|xppx|xxxxxxxxxxxxxpxxx
___p_______pp_____________p___

Stage Name: Laboratory
Stage Icon: Gyro

Tracks:
Gyromite/Stack Up - Gyromite (Brawl)
Wrecking Crew - Main Phase
Joy Mech Fight - Medley
Famicom Medley (Brawl)
Famicom Sports Medley (Brawl Lost Tracks)
Pro Wrestling - Main Theme
StarTropics - Dungeon
Dr. Mario - Chill Theme (Brawl)
Dr. Mario RX Online - Cough Theme
Excitebike: World Rally - Track Editor
Mario Paint - Gnat Attack Boss
Mega Man (1-6) - Stage Select Medley (If MM is in, and original Versions)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Once again Tri-Hyphen, amazing job. It is simple yet has a twist that doesn't obstruct the overall gameplay too much. It reminds me of a mix between Mario Bros and the old Mushroom Kingdom from the originial Super Smash Bros.

Here are a few track recommendations:

Excitebike: World Rally - Credits
Super Scope 6 - Blastris A

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Once again Tri-Hyphen, amazing job. It is simple yet has a twist that doesn't obstruct the overall gameplay too much. It reminds me of a mix between Mario Bros and the old Mushroom Kingdom from the originial Super Smash Bros.

Here are a few track recommendations:

Excitebike: World Rally - Credits
Super Scope 6 - Blastris A
Thank you and I'll take a look at those songs. Although I did ask for your help a few pages back for help with the music. :p

Also it's good to see the stage is o.k., it took for forever to figure out the stage example while trying to keep it from being the next Mario Bros. (although chances are would still be banned).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thank you and I'll take a look at those songs. Although I did ask for your help a few pages back for help with the music. :p

Also it's good to see the stage is o.k., it took for forever to figure out the stage example while trying to keep it from being the next Mario Bros. (although chances are would still be banned).
Did you? I apologize for missing your request. Sometimes between the speed of this thread, and my haphazard appearances, I don't catch everything said. For the most part you made some good selections. Personally I'm just a music glutton and like bringing my stages to a twelve track max if I am able too. Explaining my tendency to want to throw out music links any chance I can. Your selections were pretty good as several of them are probably what I would have selected. Just wanted to throw a couple more in to try and give the stage a little more musical and atmospheric diversity.

I had always been of the opinion that R.O.B would receive a Nintendo hardware based stage for his "home field". This would seem more appropriate for him though.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
OK, here's my overall take on the Pokemon reps for Smash Bros.:

Pikachu and Jigglypuff have been in Smash since the beginning. They should remain.

Pokemon Trainer was an interesting twist I didn't expect, but that "twist" turned out to be quite a success. He should remain as well.

Mewtwo had his own unique moveset from Melee. And to this day, he's still recognized as the "best and/or strongest" Pokemon. His absence from Brawl was clearly a no-no; Sakurai should correct this mistake. I know you guys say "buff" or "nerf," but I'll say it like this: Mewtwo should (and no doubt will) return, tweaked and improved.

Lucario, for a "replacement" as some say, did very well. Personally, there were a few minor issues I noticed, but overall, he was a solid character. If he returns for the next one, awesome. If he's cut, yeah, I'll be bummed. But if it's for a good cause, then I won't mind.

And I still like Pichu, but I'll discuss him later.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Did you? I apologize for missing your request. Sometimes between the speed of this thread, and my haphazard appearances, I don't catch everything said. For the most part you made some good selections. Personally I'm just a music glutton and like bringing my stages to a twelve track max if I am able too. Explaining my tendency to want to throw out music links any chance I can. Your selections were pretty good as several of them are probably what I would have selected. Just wanted to throw a couple more in to try and give the stage a little more musical and atmospheric diversity.
I asked twice. :laugh:

But it's o.k. you still came through for me. I'll just PM yea next time. :laugh:

So I think I'll add Gnat Attack (I heard it's pretty popular) and Track Editor (if it's a moving stage an edit song sounds in order). ;)

I just hope people also saw that I at least gave Sukapon and Mike Jones some attention as well. :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah... I'm sorry. The unfortunate thing is I'm aloof like that in real life too. Don't take it personally. >.>

PM or VM me, than you will know I will actually see the message. If after that I don't respond than you can take it personally. Unless my internet crashed or lost both my arms. lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star

That's o.k., like I said I should have just PM'ed yea. Don't feel bad at all, I just wanted to bring that up as a small joke. ;)

But then again I did want to keep some surprises while I was working on it. :laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, since this place is dead and I am in the mood to just post whatever. I found out that in the latest batch of Rocket Slime 2 screenshots that show a specific Slime wielding a sword and swinging it.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/130/G013007/20110926006/SS/013.jpg

So now there is no legitimate way Rocket could not use items in Smash.

Also, Chronobound has posted the results for his big Gamefaqs poll. It was interesting in some places.

Also also, the more that comes out pertaining to Skywards Sword's story the less relevant I think Ghirahim will actually be. So I don't expect any shake up for potential additional Zelda characters in the next title.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I thought I was the only one who loved Pokemon Trading Card Game (the video game). To think of it, I enjoyed many of the Pokemon spinoffs of the late 90's. Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium were great too.

Speaking of this, I really, really want Mewtwo to return. If Mewtwo were in Brawl instead of Lucario (or if Mewtwo was in at all), Pokemon's playable character representation would have been perfect.
No, the trading card game was very fun and this song was great. Pokemon spin offs have really declined since the 90s.

Also, I'd rather have both Lucario and Mewtwo rather than on e or the other.

Also reposting song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8KemaX8vf0&feature=youtu.be

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nice to know I am not the only one who enjoyed that game. Hopefully for those that own a 3DS it will come to the Virtual Console soon. I still have a Gameboy SP and an original cartridge of the game. This is the advantage of keeping those older systems.

Now I'm obligated to post this:

Ronald's Theme

Or here is the actual game in action. The sound effects send chills down my spine. No, the whole game does.

Ronald Duel

I really should be finishing my English essay...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, I wouldn't really want her cut but it's a possibility to consider, I by no means am a "hater" by sorts.

:phone:
No, cutting Jigglypuff is not a possibility to consider.

No, the trading card game was very fun and this song was great. Pokemon spin offs have really declined since the 90s.
I liked the original Pokemon rescue team. It wasn't TOO bad. I was never a fan of Pokemon Ranger though. Revolution wasn't that bad, it was just an easier way (IMO) to battle good Pokemon players. It also make the battles a lot cooler to watch. I think the lack of variety of spin-off games, combined with the general POKEMON CRAZE made the games seem THAT good. Failure really wasn't an option. Once Pokemon fever died down, and the franchise tried to branch out the storylines to Rescue Team, Ranger, XD and whatever else they did, they had a lot of room for error.

But the newer spin offs aren't that bad. Just not nostoligic.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Goodness. Looked over at GameFAQs. Silly place. Paper Mario and Mii are fightin' words it looks like.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So is Slime or Rocket...

I was surprised that despite having two Pokémon Stadium stages there was not one song from either of the two Pokémon Stadium games from the N64.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
So I take it we're pretending like Toise never said anything about people with orange text? Okay, fine by me.

I think I might star a basic outline of my "attempt" at this better-than-SSE-MEGA-adventure mode.

Should I base the roster on. . . personal preference? . . . ORRRRR my poll?
It's your story. If including the character you're most familiar with means a better story with more interesting character interaction, then use those characters. It doesn't have to be a realistic character roster in any way - it's for fun, correct? You can throw in Kanan, Elza, and Shulk into it together if you want.

Off-topic, I will say one thing I've just noticed; much like you got disinterested in Megaman by his considered shoe-in status as a new 3rd-party character among users, your common arguments towards Krystal's inclusion has made me completely uninterested in her as a playable candidate. :p

@---

BTW, I enjoyed your stage concept. Very fitting for R.O.B. and with a unique gimmick in the form of the pipes. :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well after looking over Chrono's poll, I must say that I'm not surprised. :laugh:

Also looking back at the music for TCG, I may want to add this song to my new stage concept now. ;)

Ahh, so many memories, it's too bad the new Pokemon spin offs don't have the same quality like the ones in the 90's. Although R/S Pinball and Trozei were awesome, and I did like the Ranger series somewhat.

In fact I'm going to go play a quick round of TCG right now. Later.

D

Deleted member

Its nice to see that Ridley topped the poll by far. Ridley is definitely the newcomer that should be in SSB4. There is no excuse as to why.

Also, in regards to GameFAQs, let's just say that I found someone I kind of dislike now. How Paper Mario is undeserving I will never know.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Tri-Hyphen has inspired me to work on another stage. Seriously, check out his stage concept.

Plus it is boring right now...

The iconic rooftop stage of the one and only Ryu himself! This traveling warrior has made his way to the Super Smash Bros universe to further his training. With him comes his stage, the Rooftop of the dojo. Taking design cues from various titles it is all meshed together into one detailed setting.

As with the original stage in Super Street Fighter II it will be set in the night, because all good fighting stages are set in the dark. The moon will loom in the background as it shines above the battlefield. The barren trees will sway under the wind as it gently blows. In the background many other fighters from the Street Fighter universe can be seen training below. Ken is seen on the ground in a sparring match with Sean. Dan gets his butt handed too him by his "student" Sakura. Off in the distance, on a lone hill, a silhouette can be seen with glowing red eyes. Menacing and powerful, watching the fighters with the lust to fight. It is never visible enough to fully make out who it is, but Street Fighter fans should know...

The rooftop itself will be a large flat stretch. There won't be any platforms, just one large run. The reason for this is as an ode to the side scrolling nature of the Capcom fighting genre. It will be smaller than Bridge of Eldin roughly around the size of Battlefield. Like Battlefield you can be knocked off of the stage, can only keep it so faithful. It is a simple stage with very little thrills. The only thrill that is meant to be is the one of battle, of which this stage forces you to focus on.

Stage Example:

++__________++

Stage Name: Rooftop
Stage Icon: Headband

-Tracks-
Super Street Fighter II - Ryu's Theme
Super Street Fighter II - Ken's Theme
Super Street Fighter II - Guile Theme
Street Fighter Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - Moon Bike (Sagat)
Street Fighter Alpha - Theme of Dan
Street Fighter Alpha II - Theme of Guy
Street Fighter III: Second Impact - Sharp Eyes (Ibuki)
Street Fighter III: Third Strike - The Longshoreman (Sean and Oro)
Street Fighter IV - Chun Li's Theme
Street Fighter IV - Akuma Theme
Super Street Fighter IV - Theme of Juri
Marvel Vs. Capcom - Theme of Strider Hiryu

@SSBF:

You are just now finding someone to dislike? I already have like five people there I cannot stand.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think the Street Fighter symbol should be the SF or the Akuma symbol. I suppose the headband works just as well as the Akuma symbol, but "SF" would work well.

Also, I've noticed that in Brawl, we have Sonic and Metal Gear content, not Konami and SEGA content. . . what does this mean for Bombs, Simon, Nights, and the Sonic idiots?

Also, in regards to GameFAQs, let's just say that I found someone I kind of dislike now. How Paper Mario is undeserving I will never know.
Maybe LESS deserving, but not UNdeserving. I could give you reasons to choose other characters over him (And Mario's franchise in general) but I can't give too much reasoning against him, besides the fact that he's Mario, and could be seen as that in Sakurai's eyes. Then again, he trophies DO say "Paper Mario" sooo. Yeah.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah, many people skip over that issue with the music. I just have a little bit of fun with my stages so I choose tracks that would be a little more likely if either Nintendo or another company wanted to throw in a "bonus".

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Ronald's Theme

Or here is the actual game in action. The sound effects send chills down my spine. No, the whole game does.

Ronald Duel

I really should be finishing my English essay...
RONALD FOR SMASH 4

he could play like Yugi does in that anime smash bros....what was it called? Jump Starts or something. I think yugi is a character in that game, I'm not sure. But if he was Ronald would play like however he plays (how does yugi play in that game for those who played it? I assumed he summons monsters from cards?)

which reminds me, are pokemon tcg game characters allowed? They technically originate from a video game...even if that video game is based on a card game (based on a video game)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He has more than a Hammer, this is true. I mean, he has gobs of "Badges" and items to choode from. Plus he has special moves and partners. But I would like to see a Hammer/Axe character potrayed in Smash. Since I don't see Hector or the head Goron from OoT(Actually requested during Melee days) getting in anytime soon, I would put my best bet on a hammer welder on Paper Mario. Even though I don't think it's happening.

For fun:

Toise's Super Money Pick:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
and Yoshi!

How's that for conservative?

----------------------

Mario in general: A lot of people seem to think this series really should have more characters on the grounds that it's Nintendo's... nay, gaming's biggest series. Thing is, Sakurai specifically DOESN'T want to arbitrarily load the roster with tons of Mario just because it's a well-known series. Too many hidden gems out there.

Oh yeah, here's why we won't see any new Mario characters: Sakurai had every reason add any pretty much any Mario character he felt like in both Melee and Brawl. Remember that this is Mario, the series where even the most garbage spinoff characters are more well-known to the masses than Samus Aran. Well, he went with the four (five!) listed above, plus Dr. Mario on something of a whim. Unless he's pulling a Kirby-in-Melee (really doubtful), he's content with this series.

*** Toad & Bowser Jr. ***

These are the only two Mario characters I've got in the "I might be wrong" category. I could talk for a while about how Sakurai might just think of Toad as a non-action supporting character or how Bowser Jr. isn't a very appealing character, but I'm too lazy.

Dr. Toise's Diagnosis: the bar for entry as a Mario character is extremely high. Sakurai seems to want only the absolute core characters, and we have those. Toad and Jr. can't even cut it. That's pretty damn exclusive.

**** Everything Else ****

Waluigi: Like Bowser Jr., only he never appears in main Mario games. Despite years of never amounting to anything, some people think he stands out because of... I don't know, being an AT, I guess. Or general ignorance of Wario's games, take your pick.

Paper Mario: Like Dr. Mario, only... well, no, it's just Dr. Mario #2. People who support Paper Mario tend to be pretty irrational about this guy, especially since their first response is inevitably "but he wouldn't be a clone!" Regardless of whether anyone gives a crap about clones/originals. Not that we can't have Paper Mario content in general, but if Sakurai really wanted another Mario, he'd go with...

Dr. Mario: I'm not putting much stock into Sakurai having seriously considered him for Brawl, but I think he'd make a good alt costume for Mario.

Geno: a-hyuk

Kamek: I like him, and if there were to be a Yoshi character, it'd be this guy. I just don't see Sakurai giving a crap, especially since no one else does.

The rest: Do you care? I know I don't.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
what are those polls you guys are talking about any links? are they western polls?
Can you be more specific? Are you looking for the Melee poll? Or the Brawl "Blog counts"?

Or are you talking fan polls like mine?

[COLLAPSE="Melee Poll"]Super Mario series
(1) Koopa: 169 (Bowser)
(2) Princess Peach: 66
(3) Wario: 65
(4) Kinopio: 27 (Toad)
(5) Nokonoko: 9 (Koopa Troopa)
(6) Kamec: 8 (Magikoopa)
(7) Kuribou: 7 (Goomba)
(8) Mallow (Mario RPG): 5
(8) Geno (Mario RPG): 5
(10) Baby Mario: 3

Pocket Monsters series
(1) Mewtwo: 35
(2) Mew: 24
(3) Satoshi (main character): 18
(4) someone from Pokemon: 12
(5) Lugia: 11
(6) Nyarth: 8 (Meowth)
(7) Raichu: 7
(8) Maril: 5
(8) Fushigidane: 5 (Bulbasaur)
(8) Togepy: 5

Legend of Zelda series
(1) Ganon (including Ganondorf): 36
(2) Young Link: 8
(2) Princess Zelda: 8
(2) Sheik: 8
(5) Darunia: 2

Kirby of the Stars series
(1) Great King Dedede: 46
(2) Gooey: 17
(3) Meta Knight: 11
(4) someone of Kirby’s comrades: 10
(5) Waddle Dee: 3

Mother series
(1) Dosei-san: 18 (Mr. Saturn)
(2) Poo: 6
(3) main character of Mother 2, etc: 4 (Earthbound)
(3) Paula: 4
(5) Starman: 3
(5) Jeff: 3

Star Fox
(1) Falco: 7
(2) Slippy: 5
(3) Wolf: 4
(4) Peppy: 2

Fire Emblem series
(1) Marth: 21
(2) someone from Fire Emblem: 18
(3) Oguma: 8
(4) Celice: 4
(5) Siglud: 2
(5) Leaf: 2

related to the Rare company
(1) 007 James Bond: 35
(2) Banjo & Kazooie: 18
(3) Diddy Kong: 15
(4) Blast Dozer robot (nothing specific): 2 (Blast Corps)
(4) 006 Trevelyan: 2

various Famicom / Super Famicom forces (NES / SNES)
(1) Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight): 15
(2) Lip (Panel de Pon): 9
(3) Prince Richard (The Bell Tolls for the Frog): 8
(4) Metroid (Metroid series): 6
(4) Blacky (Wrecking Crew): 6 (Spike)
(6) Pit-kun (Parthena’s Mirror): 5 ((Kid Icarus))
(6) main character of Shin Onigashima: 5
(6) main characters of Marvelous: 5
(9) Samurai Goroh (F-ZERO): 4
(9) Popo & Nana (Ice Climber): 4
(9) main character of Balloon Fight: 4

these are non-Nintendo forces
(1) Chocobo: 9
(2) Doraemon: 7
(3) Bomberman: 5
(4) Crash Bandicoot: 4
(5) Sonic: 3
(5) Rockman: 3 (Mega Man)

[/COLLAPSE]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Eugh. I don't like the thought of Paper Mario being FAITHFUL. Using badges, partners, items... when it's himself that's more interesting! THE ONE THING SO INTERESTING ENOUGH TO WARRANT HIS INCLUSION IN THE FIRST PLACE TENDS TO BE FORGOTTEN. Something that makes him his own, and not just another Mario...

...Paper!

He needs to have a moveset to reflect his paperiness, not his RPGness. u3u

Thino

Smash Master
Can you be more specific? Are you looking for the Melee poll? Or the Brawl "Blog counts"?

Or are you talking fan polls like mine?

[COLLAPSE="Melee Poll"]Super Mario series
(1) Koopa: 169 (Bowser)
(2) Princess Peach: 66
(3) Wario: 65
(4) Kinopio: 27 (Toad)
(5) Nokonoko: 9 (Koopa Troopa)
(6) Kamec: 8 (Magikoopa)
(7) Kuribou: 7 (Goomba)
(8) Mallow (Mario RPG): 5
(8) Geno (Mario RPG): 5
(10) Baby Mario: 3

Pocket Monsters series
(1) Mewtwo: 35
(2) Mew: 24
(3) Satoshi (main character): 18
(4) someone from Pokemon: 12
(5) Lugia: 11
(6) Nyarth: 8 (Meowth)
(7) Raichu: 7
(8) Maril: 5
(8) Fushigidane: 5 (Bulbasaur)
(8) Togepy: 5

Legend of Zelda series
(1) Ganon (including Ganondorf): 36
(2) Young Link: 8
(2) Princess Zelda: 8
(2) Sheik: 8
(5) Darunia: 2

Kirby of the Stars series
(1) Great King Dedede: 46
(2) Gooey: 17
(3) Meta Knight: 11
(4) someone of Kirby’s comrades: 10
(5) Waddle Dee: 3

Mother series
(1) Dosei-san: 18 (Mr. Saturn)
(2) Poo: 6
(3) main character of Mother 2, etc: 4 (Earthbound)
(3) Paula: 4
(5) Starman: 3
(5) Jeff: 3

Star Fox
(1) Falco: 7
(2) Slippy: 5
(3) Wolf: 4
(4) Peppy: 2

Fire Emblem series
(1) Marth: 21
(2) someone from Fire Emblem: 18
(3) Oguma: 8
(4) Celice: 4
(5) Siglud: 2
(5) Leaf: 2

related to the Rare company
(1) 007 James Bond: 35
(2) Banjo & Kazooie: 18
(3) Diddy Kong: 15
(4) Blast Dozer robot (nothing specific): 2 (Blast Corps)
(4) 006 Trevelyan: 2

various Famicom / Super Famicom forces (NES / SNES)
(1) Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight): 15
(2) Lip (Panel de Pon): 9
(3) Prince Richard (The Bell Tolls for the Frog): 8
(4) Metroid (Metroid series): 6
(4) Blacky (Wrecking Crew): 6 (Spike)
(6) Pit-kun (Parthena’s Mirror): 5 ((Kid Icarus))
(6) main character of Shin Onigashima: 5
(6) main characters of Marvelous: 5
(9) Samurai Goroh (F-ZERO): 4
(9) Popo & Nana (Ice Climber): 4
(9) main character of Balloon Fight: 4

these are non-Nintendo forces
(1) Chocobo: 9
(2) Doraemon: 7
(3) Bomberman: 5
(4) Crash Bandicoot: 4
(5) Sonic: 3
(5) Rockman: 3 (Mega Man)

[/COLLAPSE]
I guess I was looking for fan polls, who are the people voting for those?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Eugh. I don't like the thought of Paper Mario being FAITHFUL. Using badges, partners, items... when it's himself that's more interesting! THE ONE THING SO INTERESTING ENOUGH TO WARRANT HIS INCLUSION IN THE FIRST PLACE TENDS TO BE FORGOTTEN. Something that makes him his own, and not just another Mario...

...Paper!

He needs to have a moveset to reflect his paperiness, not his RPGness. u3u
Paper Mario. . . I just, don't like. I no like. The idea of him being anything but faithful to his game would bother me. On top of that, the fact that what makes him "unique" bothers me the most. Game & Watch is the stupid 2D guy. We don't need another one. They lack depth, which makes them look less detailed, and just not that good. Asthetically, 2D characters don't match up with the beauty of their 3D counterparts.

It's like having scaled down Ryu sprites next to M&L Mario sprites, next to custom Pikachu sprites (I'm looking at you SSBC). IT'S NOT PLEASING ON THE EYES. But to a much less extent than my example.

I guess I was looking for fan polls, who are the people voting for those?
IDK, I thought it was Nintendo employees, but I think it's actually the public?. . .

WELL, my poll has over five hundred votes, you could alway check out my results! Once I hit six hundred votes, I'll do a count up again and reveal~

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'know, I think one being a Paper Man and the other a Liquid Crystal Dude makes them loads different. G&W is, TRULY and STRICTLY, 2D. His movements, jerky. Paper Mario, however, is not 2D. He is a 3D, albeit FLAT, character. He is no stranger to that third axis so familiar to all other characters. He can bend, twist, FOLD himself using that depth. His movements would be smooth, and have their own sort of charm since he is made of disconnected pieces (I think).

FOR EXAMPLE... When Paper Mario turns around... he would "flip" on his y axis. G&W just immediately faces the other direction.

WHAT I MEAN TO SAY IS, they would both have a feel of their own, despite being flat characters.

Why am I "defending" Paper Mario when I favor Junior... >:I

Thino

Smash Master
Y'know, I think one being a Paper Man and the other a Liquid Crystal Dude makes them loads different. G&W is, TRULY and STRICTLY, 2D. His movements, jerky. Paper Mario, however, is not 2D. He is a 3D, albeit FLAT, character. He is no stranger to that third axis so familiar to all other characters. He can bend, twist, FOLD himself using that depth. His movements would be smooth, and have their own sort of charm since he is made of disconnected pieces (I think).

FOR EXAMPLE... When Paper Mario turns around... he would "flip" on his y axis. G&W just immediately faces the other direction.

WHAT I MEAN TO SAY IS, they would both have a feel of their own, despite being flat characters.

Why am I "defending" Paper Mario when I favor Junior... >:I
or they could be lazy as **** and make Paper Mario a G&W clone

all of my sadness

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
or they could be lazy as **** and make Paper Mario a G&W clone

all of my sadness
B: Cheep Cheep
Side B: Judgment (It's on a scale of one through TEN though. Luigification at its finest)
Up B: Tries to bounce on a paper trampoline, but falls through.
Down B: Dumps a bucket of paper airplanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom