• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitto

Smash Rookie
How about a 1-up Mushroom. That's a good idea. When I played Super Smash Bros. Melee on Stock Match, I played as Mario fighting with Bowser. When I'm running out of lives by falls, I was like, "Where's the 1-up Mushroom? Where's the 1-up Mushroom?" So I just defeated Bowser without thinking about the 1-up Mushroom. The 1-up Mushroom is for Stock Match(or Stock Match with Time Limit). Is that okay, or is it cheating?
It probably won't matter if they add it in since people usually turn of items anyway,but I think it would be a good item edition even though I play without items as well.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
How about a 1-up Mushroom. That's a good idea. When I played Super Smash Bros. Melee on Stock Match, I played as Mario fighting with Bowser. When I'm running out of lives by falls, I was like, "Where's the 1-up Mushroom? Where's the 1-up Mushroom?" So I just defeated Bowser without thinking about the 1-up Mushroom. The 1-up Mushroom is for Stock Match(or Stock Match with Time Limit). Is that okay, or is it cheating?
I think stock matches with items on in WiFi would be the worst and would be despised due to hackers, it's a nice suggestion though.

The item I've always wanted was the Mega Mushroom which increases your size by tenfold, it's a "super mega" version of the Super Mushroom I guess.

:phone:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Castlevania lady, fine fine. I don't mind the series actually. I used to have a grudge against it because everyone here is like Castlevania > Bomberman and I'm not. Which I can't blame them really, I mean Bomberman hasn't had a good game in over ten years, or whenever his Bomberman 64 games came out.

So if we got two Konami characters, or just a Castlevania character and no Snake, I wouldn't mind. So long as it's the Red Head guy or the girl. I don't like the barbarian blonde man.
Fun fact: the blond barbarian and the redhead guy are both Simon. They don't use the blond version anymore though, so you're in luck.

I've at least played one game in every major Konami series except Castlevania. Never got around to trying the series.
I'll buy you one free Castlevania game of your choice from the Wii Shop Channel if you promise to actually play through it. They don't have the Metroidvanias, so I hope you're cool with something closer to classic Mega Man.

^-- this offer extends to anyone in North America who I actually believe would bother to play through a free Toise game

I swear, if the master is voiced by Nario Wakamoto like Dracula....
Does he do voice grunts or whatever Zelda does? Guy should be in everything.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What's your take on Bomberman? Did you play an adventure title, or more of the just "THIS IS BOMBERMAN THE PUZZLE GAME. that's it." title?

UNLESS you're saying you've played strictly Konami titles, and no Hudson soft. titles?
Let's see, for Bomberman I played the Bomberman Adventure game for the Gameboy and loved it as a child. Then I played a Bomberman title for the Psone. My favorite of the three I played was Bomberman Online for the Dreamcast. That was one of my favorite games at the time and I would play it constantly. I like Bomberman, but I usually forget about the series until I run across a game.

Thanks for the offer Toise. I should have about 600 unused Wii points in my account. So that should be enough to try one of the NES titles. I'll probably download the original Castlevania since it is the classic.

D

Deleted member

I've played Bomberman '94 for TurboGrafx-16, Bomberman for the NES, and Bomberman Blast! for WiiWare.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Off the top of my head I've played:

Super bomberman 3
Bomberman blast
Bomberman blitz
Bomberman generation
Bomberman Jetters
Bomberman land wii
Bomberman 64
Bomberman ultra
Bomberman hero

....I'll probably start playing blitz again after 4 swords

*disappears again*

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Melee's Game Over screen really was a little haunting, especially with that deep "Game Over" voice from the announcer. Brawl's normal screen took away the trophy of your character (at least outside of Adventure Mode), but the music kept it a little scary still.

The music was a little happier in Brawl's Game Over than Melee's, though. Melee Game Over Screen

But if your trophy shattered at Game Over... I'm not sure the kids would be too happy to die, then. But it would really add to the "haunting" appeal of such screens.

But agreed. Brawl and Melee sometimes took themselves a little seriously. Sakurai can add a little humor to Adventure Mode as well as other parts of the game next time. Maybe Victini attempts to attack some other character in a SSE-type Adventure Mode, but lights his ally Luigi's pants on fire instead by accident. That sort of occasional humor help keeps the game for getting too serious over itself.
Super old post I'm responding to, but I totally agree with this.

That's one of the main reasons why I prefer 64 to Melee and Brawl, it being relatively lighthearted.

I think Smash 4's Adventure Mode should try to mix Melee's cinematic tone with 64's lighthearted tone. Like, I'd love some funny scenes with Wario and Waluigi maybe, and then some scenes of Pokemon running through the tall grass regions of Kanto and whatnot...

OmegaXXII

Yeah, SSE in my opinion didn't play out well in terms of environments, they were so generic it's not even funny, instead, they should have added iconic Nintendo environments since it is after all....where universes collide" thus what Smash Bros. is all about, the cinematics were visually impressive but at least add text or voice so they can have some sorts of dialouge or summary of what's happening/has happened, it would be nice if maybe even voices got made, it's unlikely but seems like a good idea and more appealing IMO.

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
Now remember everybody, don't complain about something. Otherwise, Sakurai is going to change things differently.

OmegaXXII

But, he doesn't even roam SWF, it doesn't matter, might as well let it all out. :)

But yeah, a better balanced story mode should definetly happen, more bosses as well and it would be in the clear. :3

OmegaXXII

That's one epic theme you have there, more of a reason the custom music option should definetly happen and be integreted as well .

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Give me this and I'll be fine. Whenever I hear this song I have to listen to all of it. This song is probably the most addictive video game track I have ever heard in my life. THAT is saying something!

http://youtu.be/A8KemaX8vf0

I just love this game. PLEASE for the love of everything good bring back this series Nintendo. ;_;

With Ichiro Shimakura doing the music again...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Give me this and I'll be fine. Whenever I hear this song I have to listen to all of it. This song is probably the most addictive video game track I have ever heard in my life. THAT is saying something!

I just love this game. PLEASE for the love of everything good bring back this series Nintendo. ;_;

I thought I was the only one who loved Pokemon Trading Card Game (the video game). To think of it, I enjoyed many of the Pokemon spinoffs of the late 90's. Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium were great too.

Speaking of this, I really, really want Mewtwo to return. If Mewtwo were in Brawl instead of Lucario (or if Mewtwo was in at all), Pokemon's playable character representation would have been perfect.

D

Deleted member

I also heavily enjoy the Grandmaster Duel song.

The sad part is, Pokemon Training Card games will likely get shafted for all Smash games. I loved the first game as a child.

OmegaXXII

Lol..that track sounded like a channel had sycronizing issues.

All I want is Blue's Final Battle theme from Pokemon Blue, that's all I ever want, and of course Custom Robo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokemon TCG the video game, loved it.

Heck I brought it with me to college and I play it via SGB on my TV. :cool:

We need some music from it in SSB4. Period.

D

Deleted member

ChronoBound said:
Speaking of this, I really, really want Mewtwo to return. If Mewtwo were in Brawl instead of Lucario (or if Mewtwo was in at all), Pokemon's playable character representation would have been perfect.
You're not alone with that sentiment. Just four of these will below and I will be satisfied:

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer

These two are a MUST. Along with these two (or more)):

Jigglypuff
Meowth
Mewtwo
Heracross
Deoxys
Lucario
Victini
Genesect
Meloetta
Scrafty
Bisharp

OmegaXXII

I just want Mewtwo and Meowth, I could care less about anybody else, I really don't care for Victini or Zoroark at all.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I at least hope that on my roster yesterday that I showed everyone that there was room for 6 slots. Including 3 KI slots as well. ;)

OmegaXXII

So, do you have any other plans to make adjustments, haha.? :laugh:

I need to play TGS someday, or Pokemon Puzzle League at least.

D

Deleted member

Well I at least hope that on my roster yesterday that I showed everyone that there was room for 6 slots. Including 3 KI slots as well. ;)
This I do concur with, although I am fully expecting Mario to get six slots first if it gets one. That said, I find no reason not to have at least five slots in the game, unless they absolutely wanted to disregard fans.
Sabyr said:
On Pokemon reps, I'm thinking:

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Victini/Zoroark/5th gen rep of some kind

and hopefully Mewtwo comes back. That'd be awesome!
I think having all five of these is the most likely case scenario.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I sure hope that no one in this thread seriously wants Jigglypuff to be cut. The last time I spent a lot of time defending Jigglypuff's inclusion in Smash Bros. was 2001. Jigglypuff may no longer be important to the Pokemon series itself, but she is important to Smash Bros. as a whole. If there are only four Pokemon slots, they should be Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, and Mewtwo. If there is a fifth-slot it should go to a flavor-of-the-month Pokemon.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This song is even better than the Normal Duel theme from Pokémon Trading Card Game for the GBC. Problem is this comes from the sequel, Pokémon Trading Card Game 2, that was only released in Japan so many have not heard this theme. This one is even more addicting. I BEG you all, listen to this song until at least the 2:00 mark. You will not regret it.

Pokémon Trading Card Game 2 - Great Rocket Duel

D

Deleted member

I sure hope that no one in this thread seriously wants Jigglypuff to be cut. The last time I spent a lot of time defending Jigglypuff's inclusion in Smash Bros. was 2001. Jigglypuff may no longer be important to the Pokemon series itself, but she is important to Smash Bros. as a whole. If there are only four Pokemon slots, they should be Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, and Mewtwo. If there is a fifth-slot it should go to a flavor-of-the-month Pokemon.
I would be okay with this line-up. Unfortunately, a four slot situation like that will never happen as the flavor-of-the-month is a guarantee (not that a flavor-of-the-month is a bad thing). The only way we can hope for all five to return is if we get five slots.

Also, hate to burst your bubble, but Arcadenik does support Jigglypuff's removal. :sick:
SubparSmashBrother said:
Why does everyone want lucario gone?

tbh I would rather have both lucario and mewtwo than a 5th gen rep, though that's probably not gonna happen.
I don't and I'm probably one of the few active defenders for him (thought probably not THAT active). Unfortunately, he is the most likely vet to be cut. Which is a shame because I felt he was a good choice for a Pokemon (or at least better then our fellow 5th gen fuzzball that people people think is inevitable).

Sabyr

Smash Cadet
This song is even better than the Normal Duel theme from Pokémon Trading Card Game for the GBC. Problem is this comes from the sequel, Pokémon Trading Card Game 2, that was only released in Japan so many have not heard this theme. This one is even more addicting. I BEG you all, listen to this song until at least the 2:00 mark. You will not regret it.

Pokémon Trading Card Game 2 - Great Rocket Duel
This sounds so familiar...don't know how I could've heard this before.

But you're right, this is a really cool theme! It's a shame it doesn't have much of a chance to get into Smash Bros.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Does he do voice grunts or whatever Zelda does? Guy should be in everything.
Guy does a lot of different work. He does M. Bison so him doing grunts or anything seen in the Zelda series isn't unprecedented for him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The newer generations need playable representatives though. Can't just stick with generation 1.

OmegaXXII

That's why we have a "flavor of the month" slot, which is taken up by Victini and Zoroark, I would however get rid of Jiggs for something newer, not Mewtwo though since he is very popular.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's why we have a "flavor of the month" slot, which is taken up by Victini and Zoroark, I would however get rid of Jiggs for something newer, not Mewtwo though since he is very popular.

I have nothing against Mewtwo. I just think that the newer generations need some attention as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom