• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We have Ganondorf being the #1 Falcon fan, and Mewtwo thwacking away with his tail. They don't fight like you'd think they would, AND ON TOP OF THAT they suck.

Whether or not Ridley looks intimidating, I really don't think it matters.

IF HE SUCKS... After three Ridley-less games I don't think any fan would mind as long as they get to play as him.
Melee Intimidation scale:

Tiara wearing swordsman, Pink Puffball > Most destructive Pokemon in all of Kan/Jho

they are likely going to use the Other M version.
Dark Samus for Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ridley doesn't look like that anymore. They aren't going to use the Zero Mission version, they are likely going to use the Other M version.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I'm just playing devil's advocate here, I realize it may not be the best argument but it is a solid point and something sakurai would consider since despite mewtwo he DOES want characters to have their personality fit with their smash design.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@asage: it seems like you aren't comprehending. All they could have done was port over the past character models, change their graphics, and do nothing what-so-ever. I can't believe I had to spell that out.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: I already made one. I'll link to it this evening.

Tonight is going to be interesting.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@asage: it seems like you aren't comprehending. All they could have done was port over the past character models, change their graphics, and do nothing what-so-ever. I can't believe I had to spell that out.

Lol u think I didn't know what u said? I was spitting what prob #1 is. Scale of size sucks, we get it. And let's all look at the size of Ridley in SSBB. U think that'll make sense to everyone?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
♥So...which version of Ridley is likely to appear?!
Sakurai seems to favor the Super Metroid version. Every time Ridley has appeared in Smash, that's the version he uses.

He had Zero Mission Samus yet Super Metroid Ridley and Metroid Prime Meta-Ridley.

If he used Other M Ridley (gross), that would probably eliminate a few proportion problems since they made him more... humanoid in that?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If he used Other M Ridley (gross), that would probably eliminate a few proportion problems since they made him more... humanoid in that?
I'm not kidding, if he decides this. . . Dark Samus 4 Smash.

Buttttt it doesn't matter, because like Oasis_Slippy said, Waluigi and Ridley are at odds, and you don't cross the cross chop mastah.

Too bad Ridley. . .

Waluigi Time...

I'll be back in a couple hours! Bye.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
♥So...which version of Ridley is likely to appear?!

Other M version. Look at what happened between Melee and Brawl.

Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf = OOT in Melee, TP in Brawl
"Kid" Link = OOT/MM in Melee, TWW in Brawl
Samus = Super Metroid in Melee, Zero Mission in Brawl
Peach = classic dress in Melee, new dress in Brawl
Pokemon Trainer = FR/LG look in Brawl instead of RBY look had he been in Melee

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ridley is too big, and Mr. Sakurai pretty much said it himself. That is stone, right there.
He also said, that he could do it, and he may be a little slow, and if that was okay with us?

It is Sakurai... it is.

Try a new Ridley argument.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
He also said, that he could do it, and he may be a little slow, and if that was okay with us?

It is Sakurai... it is.
That's true, but does anyone want to play as someone who normally can scan the entire screen in a second, but is slow??? Just like the size, it'll ruin his image.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
He also said, that he could do it, and he may be a little slow, and if that wasy okay with us?

It is Sakurai... it is.
Large characters are slow in Smash. Ridley is too big so he will have to be slower than he really is. So, if you really want Ridley so badly, you may have to accept a slow-moving Ridley instead of the speedy Ridley you are used of seeing in the Metroid games.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Large characters are slow in Smash. Ridley is too big so he will have to be slower than he really is. So, if you really want Ridley so badly, you may have to accept a slow-moving Ridley instead of the speedy Ridley you are used of seeing in the Metroid games.
Myself, and most other Ridley fans have no problem with that. We just want to see Ridley playable. PERIOD.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He's too... purple?
You could try to make an argument about him not being that recognizable? Like, compared to all the other villains in Smash.

Well, do you think Wolf is more regocnizable? Or are they about the same? I dunno. You could TRY and make an argument like that.

ALL I CAN SAY IS, I hope Ridley doesn't have freaking fire breath.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Sakurai seems to favor the Super Metroid version. Every time Ridley has appeared in Smash, that's the version he uses.

He had Zero Mission Samus yet Super Metroid Ridley and Metroid Prime Meta-Ridley.

♥ Super Metroid is that basic purple form right? Hmm...considering Sakurai might want to make him playable, won't he most likely base it of Other M since he already has a "humanoid" figure sort of speak? I dunno.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Myself, and most other Ridley fans have no problem with that. We just want to see Ridley playable. PERIOD.
Sakurai: Fans just want a playable Ridley. PERIOD. I know what I am going to do about this!

*SSB4 comes out and fans go in a nerd rage*

Ridley Fan: SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! Ridley sucks! He is worse than Mewtwo in Melee!

Sakurai: (laughs) :troll:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Sakurai: Fans just want a playable Ridley. PERIOD. I know what I am going to do about this!

*SSB4 comes out and fans go in a nerd rage*

Ridley Fan: SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! Ridley sucks! He is worse than Mewtwo in Melee!

♥Dude, I lost so hard to this, you definetly earned my respect, Duck Hunt Dog would be better anyway. :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

I've honestly been expecting that for a while, lol.

IN A WAY, I'D ALMOST PREFER THAT. Then no one but the biggest of Ridley fans would use him. :3

DON'T WANT ANOTHER META KNIGHT ON OUR HANDS.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Super Smash Bros 4 Newcomer list:

Rosalina
Waluigi
Young AND Toon Link
Roy, unchanged (Replaces Ike)
Pichu
Zoroark who plays as a carbon copy of one of his enemies he's fighting.
Claus, only slightly being different than Ness
Krystal
Leon (Wolf now has his own clone. Also, five SF characters just to piss off the NO MORE SF CHARACTERRRRSZZ crowd)
Eggplant Wizard
Sheriff (Same graphics as G&W)
NO K. Rool, or Dixie.
Other M Ridley
Devil (Devil World)
Primid
Jill Dozer
Jody Summer (Clone of Zelda. Payback directly from Ganon himself)

*3rd Party
Megaman Battle Network

♥You want a horribly balanced Ridley like Ganondorf? I'm sorry but that's bad, no way does Ridley deserve that.
Pichu didn't deserve being a POS in Melee, but it happens. Someone has to suck.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Shortie

Oh I see what you did there! :awesome:

Put in the Mega Man from those ZX games. :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I thought Bomberman was a dying franchise?
Well it hasn't peaked like it did in the N64 days, but it's still around. Hudson went under and so he's owned by Konami now. As much as I love Bomby, he's not happening.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Umm. F-Zero + Ice Climbers O_o
Well, F-Zero is nintendo property, so that's in Nintendo's hands as to what happens with him.

Ice Climbers were ADDED when they were dead, for the sake of being retro.

Bomberman is owned by a 3rd party company that already has a representative. Soooo... I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom