• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@ Omega

Starphoenix's latest post, apparently. Without cutting characters in Brawl, I would add these 16 characters for the total of 50 characters.

1. Palutena
2. Medusa
3. Meowth (1st gen is the best)
4. Mewtwo (5th gen be damned)
5. Little Mac
6. Takamaru
7. Duck Hunt Dog :troll:
8. Muddy Mole :awesome:
9. Dixie Kong (doesn't count because she would be teamed with Diddy Kong)
10. King K. Rool
11. Starfy
12. Isaac or Matthew (don't care which one)
13. Saki or Isa (don't care which one)
14. Toad
15. Tingle
16. Mega Man
♥ Pretty interesting list there, let's see I'll give it a go...

♥Megaman
♥Lip
♥Dog Hunt Dog :awesome:
♥Bowser Jr.
♥Phoenix Wright :cool:
♥Meowth
♥Mewtwo
♥Chrome
♥Paper Mario
♥Ray MK I
♥Saki
♥Shulk
♥Ridley
♥K.Rool
♥Medusa
♥Slime

:phone:

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
Hello, smashboarders. Is there any kind of recent news about SSB4 ?
The lastest I heard about was about Sakurai saying that the "SSB Universe was a fake".

Sorry if I ask but if I start reading the 20 last pages about "is Olimar going to be on ssb4 ?" or alike subjects I feel like I'm not going to find any informative information >_<

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Hello, smashboarders. Is there any kind of recent news about SSB4 ?
The lastest I heard about was about Sakurai saying that the "SSB Universe was a fake".

Sorry if I ask but if I start reading the 20 last pages about "is Olimar going to be on ssb4 ?" or alike subjects I feel like I'm not going to find any informative information >_<
Nope. Sorry bro. :(

It'll be a while 'fore we get any solid info in Smash 4.

OmegaXXII

Like I said before, just because a character can't be pictured fighting doesn't make them impossible. If Phoenix Wright is any indication, they can fight by not actually fighting.

Imagine, for example, that DHD's USmash consists of him dodging a bullet that hits the opponent.
♥ I concur with this, DHD in my opinion could have alot of playstyle options, Arcadenik definetly made a good moveset that would work in conjunction with him, it's nice actually and I don't think he's boring at all, a great WTF! choice.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I thought up of a couple of things.
*Vaati vs Ganon
I saw this on some website last week, forgot to say. What do you guys think? Personally, I'd say it's a chinsey rivalry, nor any -_-'

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I thought up of a couple of things.
*Vaati vs Ganon
I saw this on some website last week, forgot to say. What do you guys think? Personally, I'd say it's a chinsey rivalry, nor any -_-'
Vaati isn't getting in no point of debating that;Ganondorf on the other hand will hopefully with a new moveset.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

OmegaXXII

OmegaXXII

Here is one of my favorites as well.

?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cABDfTsha5E

I'm gonna do a stage concept based on Sonic, you like the idea?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There has often been discussion about how the Japanese fanbase really wants Mewtwo and Roy to return in Smash 4. However, many people are often skeptical about this claim.

I found a great multitude of forums and discussion boards in which the Japanese Smash fans talked about whom they wished to see in Smash 4. I saw that Roy and Mewtwo were the two most requested characters for Smash 4.

Unfortunately, I found most of these sites months ago, and I have been unable to find many of them since then.

However, I was able to find one Japanese Smash Bros. site that had a multitude of polls pertaining to the series.

Here are the polls that I think are relevant regarding the interest that the Japanese have regarding Roy and Mewtwo.

http://translate.googleusercontent....130250&usg=ALkJrhjc2kyKyWeonEte8D9esJ2bRQ6PTg

This poll was done before the release of Brawl and is about which two Melee veterans they would like the most to see come back in Brawl. Notice how Roy and Mewtwo are far away in front of the other characters.

http://translate.googleusercontent....205338&usg=ALkJrhiTKkf_DxZiRvEDyHAZ1hO5aEXr3w

Here is another poll that asks Japanese fans who their favorite character in Melee was. Roy is by far the favorite. Mewtwo is also in third-place, with Young Link only one point behind him.

http://translate.googleusercontent....124959&usg=ALkJrhihO6i8Tx9FZwgxfYhSNNrkvbqgDg

Here is a poll that asks fans who their favorite sword-wielding character in the series is. Roy is in first.

http://translate.googleusercontent....200327&usg=ALkJrhih7rIpsGcoLIsoDDOYagR0rthaZg

Here is a poll that asks what cut Melee character they would like to see return in a future Smash Bros. The results are Roy>Mewtwo>Dr. Mario>Young Link>Pichu

http://translate.googleusercontent....213458&usg=ALkJrhhPeJRxiyVTvanvkD8MyVuaBO4dSQ

Here is a poll that asks their feelings about Roy being cut. The overwhelming feeling was "disappointment".

http://translate.googleusercontent....081431&usg=ALkJrhjYdlx6sTAThz9VzWX-U_oUXEVOXw

Here is a poll asking which Fire Emblem newcomer they would like to see in Smash. Roy is by far leading the pack.

I hope these polls help shed some light that Roy is unfairly discounted as candidate for being a newcomer in Smash 4.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If Roy made it back into Smash, that'd be absolutely epic.

I wrecked face with him and Doc in Melee. :smash:

Roy > Chrome. We already have enough blue-haired FE lords, we don't need another one lol.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
How fast does everypony imagine Little Mac would be in Smash? Inbetween the dashing speeds of Pikachu and Fox, maybe? I don't remember who's the fastest Smash characters after Sonic, Falcon and Fox...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Little Mac as fast as Fox? Maybe Pikachu, but not Fox. I think he'd be a tad fast than Pikachu and a little bit slower than Fox in that matter >_> And Capt. Falcon is faster than Fox.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Little Mac as fast as Fox? Maybe Pikachu, but not Fox. I think he'd be a tad fast than Pikachu and a little bit slower than Fox in that matter >_> And Capt. Falcon is faster than Fox.
Well, duh, I knew that, I'm pretty sure almost everypony on these boards knows that.

And, dude, why do you always use these >_> and -_-? Just curious.

OmegaXXII

How fast does everypony imagine Little Mac would be in Smash? Inbetween the dashing speeds of Pikachu and Fox, maybe? I don't remember who's the fastest Smash characters after Sonic, Falcon and Fox...

♥Well, if your talking about Melee; Falcon was the fastest, Sonic was in Brawl obviously followed by Falcon.

As for Little Mac, he would probably be agile but kinda of powerful, think Link but as fast as Pikachu, more or less, Saki would definetly play like Marth in terms of speed and power, of course I imagine him to have good game and possibly camping as well, combo as well.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, duh, I knew that, I'm pretty sure almost everypony on these boards knows that.

And, dude, why do you always use these >_> and -_-? Just curious.

I guess I didn't understand what u were asking, then. And >_> and -_- is either for disapproval or looking for the obvious. Besides, Why is Pikachu there, then? There are faster characters than Pikachu... like Kirby and Z-Samus.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
?Well, if your talking about Melee; Falcon was the fastest, Sonic was in Brawl obviously followed by Falcon.

As for Little Mac, he would probably be agile but kinda of powerful, think Link but as fast as Pikachu, more or less, Saki would definetly play like Marth in terms of speed and power, of course I imagine him to have good game and possibly camping as well, combo as well.

Ah, I see. Maybe a better ground game than aerial for Mac, too?

I don't think what anyone thinks, Saki screams "high-tier" character to me. Obviously, we'll never know that until we actually get the game and play as him (assuming he's in), but still, I could imagine being 4th or 5th on the tier list...

@asage- Lol, since when was Kirby faster than Pikachu? :laugh:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sry, didn't mean Kirby. Meant Meta Knight. And here's a Speed Chart.
From Slowest to Fastest:
Jigglypuff: 5.50
Ganondorf: 5.20
King DeDeDe: 4.93
Zelda: 4.93
Wario: 4.50
Peach: 4.50
Snake: 4.50
Luigi: 4.50
Link: 4.50
Ike: 4.43
Squirtle: 4:43
Kirby: 4.43
Olimin & Pikmin: 4.33
Ness: 4.33
Wolf: 4.33
Ice Climbers: 4.33
Lucario: 4.23
Falco: 4.23
Samus: 4.16
Lucas: 4.00
R.O.B: 4.00
Bowser: 4.00
Mario: 4.00
Ivysaur: 4.00
Mr. G&W: 3.93
Pit: 3.84
Toon Link: 3.73
Donkey Kong: 3.73
Yoshi: 3.63
Diddy Kong: 3.56
Marth: 3.56
Charizard: 3.43
Pikachu:3.43
Meta-Knight: 3.30
ZSS: 3.17
Shiek: 3.17
Fox: 2.90
C. Falcon: 2.77
Sonic: 1.90
Forgot I did this for a project >_>

Steam

Smash Hero
that's only dash speed though. air mobiity is significant. and jiggz is best at that :D

and why do you people bother posting on gamefaqs? >.>

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you are using the [Insert Link] button, notice it already has http://

Delete that part if you post a full address

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@ Starphoenix

I know you're a big Slime supporter but I was wondering if Slime was in SSB4, what do you think his Final Smash would be? I was thinking that maybe he could grow bigger and bigger till he became King Slime. It would be like Bowser and Giga Bowser.
I always envisioned it being the Schleimann Tank from Rocket Slime.

@Chronobound:

Don't feel so bad. Did you see what happened to me and a couple others in the Slime thread? My word I've never seen that much hostility since my pre-Brawl Wolf support days!

You closed your thread before I could jump in.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ok, I give up. Who's Slime?
Slime is the mascot of the Dragon Quest series. There is a more specific Slime named "Rocket" who is the main hero in the spin off Slime Mori Mori/Rocket Slime series. Usually when I discuss Slime I mean Rocket specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom