• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Don't feel so bad. Did you see what happened to me and a couple others in the Slime thread? My word I've never seen that much hostility since my pre-Brawl Wolf support days!
The user that kept attacking me, NextGen, is a bitter Lyn fan who had personally blamed me for Lyn not getting in Brawl (distributing the link to an official poll of FE7 that showed she was disliked in Japan) back during the pre-Brawl days. The bit about him only saying "official" polls are acceptable was a sort of payback for distributing the results to an official poll (one conducted by Intelligent Systems) that Lyn is unpopular in Japan.

There are also some Krystal and Geno fans that have hatred for me on GameFAQs for the things I have said about those characters and their fanbases.

I will very likely quit going on gaming forums altogether once Smash 4 is released.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well then if they are going to hold a grudge over something like that then they have issues. No need to get so upset. Just close the browser and get something to drink. The only opinion that matters are those of the developers. Which is why I don't care if someone doesn't like a character I do. That is what happened with Wolf and look who won the end?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I guess I'm double screwed! xP
I actually like Geno and Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games of all time. However, I certainly don't think he warrants being playable over Toad, Bowser Jr., or Paper Mario. Many of the pre-Brawl Geno fans sincerely thought he was more important and more worthy for a spot than any of those characters.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That is what happened with Wolf and look who won the end?
Wellllll, there wasn't really a fight with that one. Silly Sakurai.

Speaking of Wolf, if either him or Falco had to go, who would you pick and why?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well then if they are going to hold a grudge over something like that then they have issues. No need to get so upset.
That reminds me I am going to post a topic with the results to that long running poll that I had regarding the most worthy Nintendo character not yet in Smash Bros.

Here are the results to it:

Ridley: 73
Isaac: 40
Little Mac: 33
K. Rool: 21
Toad: 21
Bowser Jr: 16
Mii: 16

No other character got over 15 votes besides these ones (the only other one to get over ten votes besides these listed was Tom Nook).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Starphoenix:

When suggesting Mario and Pokemon should get two more characters, it makes me wonder WHEN DOES IT END?!

Toad
Bowser Jr.
Zoroark
Mewtwo
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Medusa
Palutena
Ghirahim
Ridley
Samurai Goroh
Chrome

NOT EVEN A SPOT FOR MEGA MAN, or Isaac, Saki, and Little Mac. >:
It's as though one is adding more characters to existing series just for the sake of it?
I DUNNO. Don't like it. Get rid of Toad, Dixie, Palutena, aaand... Goroh I guess. Then you have room for those other fellows. :awesome:

Also, while 12 seems like an accurate MINIMUM, I'm starting to think we could get more than that? Brawl added 17 new, original characters. There's gonna be a bigger team this time, and Sakurai managed to "balance" 39 characters all by his lonesome, BUT NOW he's going to have some staff doing that...

OPTIMISM. :awesome:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@king Ur very Naive, aren't u? I meant about wat I said. I know It's high, but logically, it shouldn't be. RIDLY IS TOO DAMN BIG!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I know this was not for me but if I had to cut one, it is definitely Falco. I always felt he was more similar to Fox compared to Wolf. And besides, Wolf is actually the first Star Fox character I geninuely enjoyed playing in the Smash series... and I wasn't even a pre-Brawl Wolf supporter. I was a pre-Brawl Krystal supporter because I wanted a Star Fox character with an unique moveset (the staff argument) and I didn't want another Fox clone.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman

Falco has more personality, but Wolf is less cloney. I'd be fine with either being cut, even if that meant no Krystal. Starfox doesn't seem like it deserves more than two reps at this point.

I actually like Geno and Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games of all time. However, I certainly don't think he warrants being playable over Toad, Bowser Jr., or Paper Mario. Many of the pre-Brawl Geno fans sincerely thought he was more important and more worthy for a spot than any of those characters.
I agree with this. If Super Mario RPG hadn't been screwed over by the abrupt separation of Nintendo and Square and given more reference in later games behond M&L:SS, I would definitely expect it to get more than a music track. At least a stage, maybe even Geno. But the fact is that Nintendo has all but forgotten about how significant a game that was and shows no interest of revisiting it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I DUNNO. Don't like it. Get rid of Toad, Dixie, Palutena, aaand... Goroh I guess. Then you have room for those other fellows.
Noooooooo. Get rid of Ghirahim, and keep Goroh. At least Goroh means something to his series. Plus, all the LoZ characters we really need are Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Sheik and Toon/Young Link are just icing.

I know this was not for me but if I had to cut one, it is definitely Falco. I always felt he was more similar to Fox compared to Wolf. And besides, Wolf is actually the first Star Fox character I geninuely enjoyed playing in the Smash series...
I agree with all of this. wolf is the ONLY StarFox character I've ever liked playing as. I actually was a Wolf and Krystal (More so Wolf) supporter during Pre-Brawl days, but it was just because I've always liked him. Back then I didn't think much of clones.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ghirahim, Goroh, same thing. THEY BOTH START WITH G'S AND CARRY SWORDS.

Goroh's Final Smash should be where he grows another pair of arms and carries four swords. It would be called Samurai Goro.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Noooooooo. Get rid of Ghirahim, and keep Goroh. At least Goroh means something to his series. Plus, all the LoZ characters we really need are Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Sheik and Toon/Young Link are just icing.
Get rid of Ghirahim but cut Goroh. I think he's a great character and F-Zero deserves more than just a single character...but not in light of Takamaru.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ridley made himself smaller for Sm4sh using Space Pirate technology.

I win
No. Waluigi Time.

I win.

You should know this by now, but. . . don't bring up Mortal Kombat in front of me. I have a lot to say about that series. Most of it isn't nice.

Get rid of Ghirahim and Samurai Goroh and bring in Takamaru and Tingle.
Can't everyone but Ghirahim show up in Smash 4?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Is gamefaqs really that bad??

Hahaaaaaaa yessssssss, star&chrono I'm going to make an account. I'll be your support, it looks it would be fun to shut down people like NextUser.

Oh and Asage, shut up. Look at Ridely's size in the melee opening. Kthnxbai

:phone:

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
The problem with ridley's size isn't just that he's big, it's that his proportions would look weird and lanky if he were sized down. It could still work, but he wouldn't be as intimidating and it wouldn't really "fit" his character

also auto-post is the most annoying thing ever when you're trying to quick reply

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The problem with ridley's size isn't just that he's big, it's that his proportions would look weird and lanky if he were sized down. It could still work, but he wouldn't be as intimidating and it wouldn't really "fit" his character
I'm not sure I understand why people bring that up when we have Ganondorf and Mewtwo over there in the bottomest of tiers and Sakurai clearly not giving a ****.

D

Deleted member

I dread the day when I make a thread on GameFAQs on my Victini essay.

The hostility that Roy/Slime supporters get has kept me from doing so until now.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not sure I understand why people bring that up when we have Ganondorf and Mewtwo over there in the bottomest of tiers and Sakurai clearly not giving a ****.
Seriously. Ganondorf and Mewtwo are Nintendo's most Bad*** villians. In Super Smash bros, that doesn't matter. No rules apply. They can be absolute idiots and get owned by pink puffballs and farting fat guys.

And don't get me wrong, I really do want ridley anyway
Being weak doesn't "fit" their character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What does the tier list have to do with anything I said?
We have Ganondorf being the #1 Falcon fan, and Mewtwo thwacking away with his tail. They don't fight like you'd think they would, AND ON TOP OF THAT they suck.

Whether or not Ridley looks intimidating, I really don't think it matters.

IF HE SUCKS... After three Ridley-less games I don't think any fan would mind as long as they get to play as him.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Oasis: bust out your scalings.

@thebadridleyoutofcharacterargument: mewtwo was beyond out of character and dumbed down in melee. Same for ganon.

@thebadscalingargument: so you guys think he would be too big? Question for you then, why is the scaling from melee and brawl different? It must not be hard to rescale.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Oasis: bust out your scalings.

@thebadridleyoutofcharacterargument: mewtwo was beyond out of character and dumbed down in melee. Same for ganon.

@thebadscalingargument: so you guys think he would be too big? Question for you then, why is the scaling from melee and brawl different? It must not be hard to rescale.

melee /Gamecube
brawl /Wii
Mmhmm

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I dread the day when I make a thread on GameFAQs on my Victini essay.

The hostility that Roy/Slime supporters get has kept me from doing so until now.

Unfortunately, you will need a vanguard of rabid supporters to fight off the haters. If you do make such an essay, I would be there to defend it for you. However, I can make no promises as to the effectiveness of such a maneuver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom