• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
can any of you guys see ice climbers working on the Wii U? I mean as a completely new game like the way they did it for kid icarus.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Here's my roster PREDICTION not a wishlist

[COLLAPSE="click"]

>Bowser Jr. would just be a smaller and lighter bowser clone.
>Zoroark, Mewtwo and Lucario would all share the same B move (shadow ball/aura sphere/dark pulse with minor differences) other than that they'd be different.
>The guy under Pit is just some guy from the new kid icarus game, which I'd bet will get a rep
>Nintendog is just a placeholder for any random joke/wtf character, could be anything unexpected
>Yes, I'm biased against/for certain characters even though this isn't a wishlist
>I don't think there will be more 3rd party characters :troll:[/COLLAPSE]

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Sakurai: Fans just want a playable Ridley. PERIOD. I know what I am going to do about this!

*SSB4 comes out and fans go in a nerd rage*

Ridley Fan: SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! Ridley sucks! He is worse than Mewtwo in Melee!

Sakurai: (laughs) :troll:
Lol, but the funny thing is, I actually expect something like that to happen. :awesome:

Ridley had better not be high-tier or even mid-tier lol.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
♥You also forgot Medusa or Palutena, they seem more probable than Magnus, although he could be the 3rd rep sort to speak.

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Although I can see Bowser Jr being a lighter Bowser, the Mario series already has Luigi. Ganon may change more thoroughly and Toon Link may be changed up a bit to keep up with how Luigi has changed.
If anything Bowser Jr could be more similar to Squirtle lol A mix of both is actually what I expect tho

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Why are we discussing Waluigi and Tingle? There are tons of better Mario characters to pick from then some poorly design character like Waluigi. There are so many things wrong with Tingle it's not funny. If another Zelda character was going to be added (which I don't think they should) then it would be Impa.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Why are we discussing Waluigi and Tingle? There are tons of better Mario characters to pick from then some poorly design character like Waluigi. There are so many things wrong with Tingle it's not funny. If another Zelda character was going to be added (which I don't think they should) then it would be Impa.
I agree with you on Waluigi, but Tingle is basically the Wario of the Zelda franchise. If any Zelda character deserves to get in, he does.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I imagine Impa would be a Sheik clone. If Zelda were to lose her Sheik transformation due to Skyward Sword Zelda not being able to transform into Sheik (not that it stopped Twilight Princess Zelda) and we wanted to preserve Sheik's moveset, Impa would be a great fit.

Otherwise, bring on Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah! :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I imagine Impa would be a Sheik clone. If Zelda were to lose her Sheik transformation due to Skyward Sword Zelda not being able to transform into Sheik (not that it stopped Twilight Princess Zelda) and we wanted to preserve Sheik's moveset, Impa would be a great fit.

Twilight princess didn't have Shiek, bud.
Read the bolded part more carefully. ;)

EDIT: Oh, you caught that. :awesome:

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Kooloo-Limpah!

Also, I realize the significance of Little Mac, Issac, and even Starfy. But why do so many people think Saki Amamiya's chances are so good? Sin and Punishment has only had two games, and Saki wasn't even in the most recent one. I'm not saying I hate the character (though the design does look a bit stupid), I'm just wondering if there are any reasons I'm missing or if this is just otaku fanboyism.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Can we have both?! :awesome: If SSB4 has a new tag team system kinda like what we see with Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken, they would be my Troll Team. :troll:
♥Tag Troll Team(TTT) you say? Hmm..a tag style Smash would certainly be interesting, I wonder what attacks they will have that "troll" opponents? :awesome:

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm honestly gonna ask this... why do people hate Waluigi so much? What's so bad about him that makes people rage at the thought of him being a PC in Smash?

The sheer unwarranted hate for Waluigi is making me want to become what Ralph McGill was to racial segregation: countering the arguments against Waluigi without directly advocating for him.

But why do so many people think Saki Amamiya's chances are so good? Sin and Punishment has only had two games, and Saki wasn't even in the most recent one. I'm not saying I hate the character (though the design does look a bit stupid), I'm just wondering if there are any reasons I'm missing or if this is just otaku fanboyism.
Let me repost Starphoenix's post about Saki's chances for you to see.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I could see Impa being a replacement for Sheik. Zelda could also use her armor suit from Spirit Tracks. But Impa also has a few unique moves of her own. She has her Kodachi which she often uses in the comics. I could imagine her attacking like Grey Fox with a shorter range. Too bad the only time she's battle ready is in OOT.

jrandkellerrock

Smash Rookie
If another Zelda character was going to be added (which I don't think they should) then it would be Impa.
If Impa was the next Zelda rep (in the supposed environment that there just had to be one) Impa would cause a lot of problems. Impa showed up twice in Ocarina of time, Tingle has had his own game, it's obvious who deserves representation more. On top of that, there really is no legitimate reason to switch Sheik with Impa. That's like replacing Mario with Dr. Mario to preserve his moveset.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly gonna ask this... why do people hate Waluigi so much? What's so bad about him that makes people rage at the thought of him being a PC in Smash?

The sheer unwarranted hate for Waluigi is making me want to become what Ralph McGill was to racial segregation: countering the arguments against Waluigi without directly advocating for him.
Because he's nothing. He debuted in Mario Tennis as nothing more than a counterpart to Wario so he could play doubles, and since then he has done nothing to differentiate himself as anything more than that. Most Mario fanboys won't admit it, but the only reason they want Waluigi in is because they want a Mario vs. Luigi vs. Wario vs. Waluigi fight, which they can already do in pretty much EVERY MARIO SPINOFF.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Phostopheles, you should read this post about Saki:

Very optimistic about him. I believe out of all the Assist Trophies he stands the best chance of being playable. Yes, all of them. Trust me I have reasoning for this. It comes from Sakurai himself, or more specifically the DOJO.

What needs to be understood is these requests were from Japanese gamers, not Western. Considering the obscure nature of Saki at the time of deciding upon the roster he probably opted to not include him for that reason. Saki Amamiya was likely decided to be an Assist Trophy before knowing that Sin and Punishment was decided to be released on the Virtual Console outside of Japan. Now things have changed for both Saki and the Sin and Punishment series. Thanks to his appearance in Brawl Saki is going to receive double the support he had before, because there will be a segment of Western gamers, such as myself, who are now going to be voting for him. I doubt many of the people who supported him pre-Brawl are going to drop that support; so I see him gaining in that area. While not the best selling title on the Wii Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor has been released which gives Sin and Punishment an element of relevancy and more material to work with for music, stages, etc. The only issue Saki may face is the idea that it would be better to include Isa Jo over Saki due to him being "fresher". Since Sakurai does not typically work this way, and Isa Jo does not have the support that his father does, I think Saki can shake that issue. Some people have objected to Saki due to his series not selling well, but I don't think Sakurai really looks intently on sales. The Virtual Console re-release sold well enough for Nintendo to create a sequel. I think all Sakurai is going to look at is the fact there even was a sequel.

All in all, Saki I feel stands the best chance. Those are most all of my reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom