• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Because he's nothing. He debuted in Mario Tennis as nothing more than a counterpart to Wario so he could play doubles, and since then he has done nothing to differentiate himself as anything more than that. Most Mario fanboys won't admit it, but the only reason they want Waluigi in is because they want a Mario vs. Luigi vs. Wario vs. Waluigi fight, which they can already do in pretty much EVERY MARIO SPINOFF.
That's all? Sounds pretty trivial if you ask me.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Because he's nothing. He debuted in Mario Tennis as nothing more than a counterpart to Wario so he could play doubles, and since then he has done nothing to differentiate himself as anything more than that. Most Mario fanboys won't admit it, but the only reason they want Waluigi in is because they want a Mario vs. Luigi vs. Wario vs. Waluigi fight, which they can already do in pretty much EVERY MARIO SPINOFF.
LOL!!!!!!!

I don't know where to even begin tearing this apart? :awesome:

:phone:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I am not sure what the Waluigi hate is, perhaps because he's a spin off character? :awesome:

Tingle however....

The reason I don't like Waluigi is because he's just a poorly developed. Waluigi is a play off of Wario and Wario is a play off of Mario. Wario flips to "M" to make a "W" and his name also has War in it. That's pretty clever but Waluigi trys to mimic Luigi in the same fashion. The "L" can't be upsidedown (unless you consider Gamma) so he just puts "Wa" in front of Luigi and that's his name. Then he makes his symbol an upsidedown L anyways. I consider that a fail.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The reason I don't like Waluigi is because he's just a poorly developed. Waluigi is a play off of Wario and Wario is a play off of Mario. Wario flips to "M" to make a "W" and his name also has War in it. That's pretty clever but Waluigi trys to mimic Luigi in the same fashion but "L" can be upsidedown (unless you consider Gamma) So he just puts "Wa" in front of Luigi and that's his name. Then he makes his symbol an upsidedown L anyways. I consider that a fail.
Maybe so, but even though I hate him myself, for being a troll he does have a chance at it, despite hatred and opinion, I guess it's the truth.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Kooloo-Limpah!

Also, I realize the significance of Little Mac, Issac, and even Starfy. But why do so many people think Saki Amamiya's chances are so good? Sin and Punishment has only had two games, and Saki wasn't even in the most recent one. I'm not saying I hate the character (though the design does look a bit stupid), I'm just wondering if there are any reasons I'm missing or if this is just otaku fanboyism.
In my opinion, I think it is because Saki was an Assist Trophy. Yes, he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl but he isn't in the newest Sin & Punishment game. Isa looks like Saki with a blue shirt. That's all there is to it. Same with Isaac and Matthew. Matthew looks like a teenager Isaac with different clothes.

Not only that but also because Saki is the original protagonist of his series just like Isaac is the original protagonist of his series. They are basically the Marth of their respective series... well, that's true but what about Ness? He isn't even the Marth of his series, Ninten is and no one wants him and he looks exactly like Ness.

Mother series: original hero is Ninten
Fire Emblem series: original hero is Marth
Golden Sun series: original hero is Isaac
Sin & Punishment series: original hero is Saki

Mother 2 was recent at the time SSB64 came out. So, Ness got in over Ninten.

Mother 3 was recent at the time Brawl came out. So, Lucas got in but Ness also got in because he was already in SSB64 and Melee.

Fire Emblem 6 was going to be released after Melee launched. Roy got in but Marth also got in due to the Melee poll.

Fire Emblem 9 was recent at the time Brawl came out. Ike got in but Marth also got in because he was already in Melee.

Star Successor is the recent game now. It makes sense that Isa would get in over Saki just like how Ness got in over Ninten. We would get Saki if we were getting both... just like with Marth and Roy.

Dark Dawn is the recent game now. It also makes sense that Matthew would get in over Isaac just like how Ness got in over Ninten. We would get Isaac if we were getting both... just like with Marth and Roy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just thought of an interesting question...If Isaac gets in, would you rather see him in his Dark Dawn appearance, or the original version?

jrandkellerrock

Smash Rookie
They are, no doubt. But in the new movies coming out, the Shiny Hydreigon is about as big as that purple-haired girl.
Oh wow you're right, it's only 5'11". I still don't see a reason that it should get in over Victini or Zoroark, which both have a lot going for them in popularity. Once it gets it's own movie we'll start considering it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hydreigon IS an event pkmn from the movie, u know that rite? And besides, I alrdy know that Victini and Zoroark own the competition. Just look at my sig :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm honestly gonna ask this... why do people hate Waluigi so much? What's so bad about him that makes people rage at the thought of him being a PC in Smash?

The sheer unwarranted hate for Waluigi is making me want to become what Ralph McGill was to racial segregation: countering the arguments against Waluigi without directly advocating for him.

Let me repost Starphoenix's post about Saki's chances for you to see.
The reason I don't like Waluigi is because he's just a poorly developed. Waluigi is a play off of Wario and Wario is a play off of Mario. Wario flips to "M" to make a "W" and his name also has War in it. That's pretty clever but Waluigi trys to mimic Luigi in the same fashion. The "L" can't be upsidedown (unless you consider Gamma) so he just puts "Wa" in front of Luigi and that's his name. Then he makes his symbol an upsidedown L anyways. I consider that a fail.
TL;DR This is what Waluigi is.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I suppose Hydreigon would be interesting to see, and have nice move set potential, but I think it's better to just have them as a really powerful Poke Ball Pokemon.

Fun Fact: Hydreigon's line was originally supposed to be cybernetic dragons,as opposed to hydras.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I suppose Hydreigon would be interesting to see, and have nice move set potential, but I think it's better to just have them as a really powerful Poke Ball Pokemon.

Fun Fact: Hydreigon's line was originally supposed to be cybernetic dragons,as opposed to hydras.
Hydreigon, Haxorus, and Audino ftw w/ pokeballs
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/
Check this out if u wanna find good PKMN 4 pokeballs

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Phostopheles, you should read this post about Saki:
I think the entire argument is pretty weak, the only definitive piece of evidence we have is, like Star said, the Dojo. I don't think Saki's popularity has gone up significantly since then, and there are plenty of characters that could have surpassed him in more recent polls (Little Mac, Shulk, Kanan, Takamaru, Tingle, etc.). I think Saki's more of a coin flip than some are speculating...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"This brutal Pokémon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack. The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything." Does that sound like Sock Puppets 2u?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It was just a joke...I know he's powerful. The sock puppet joke also comes from the fact that they're brainless...

Precisely why he'd make a great Poke Ball.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
"This brutal Pokémon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack. The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything." Does that sound like Sock Puppets 2u?
No, it doesn't, but Hydreigon still sucks. Moving on now.

Photosynthesis, Sakurai's teasing of how playable Saki looked amongst the real Smashers is a clear sign of Sakurai possibly wanting in Saki in a Smash game, which would be an invaluable argument towards him, not to mention actually being wanted by a lot of people. He's certainly not guaranteed, but then again, no one is besides 64/Melee vets (not including the cut ones).

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Kooloo-Limpah!

Also, I realize the significance of Little Mac, Issac, and even Starfy. But why do so many people think Saki Amamiya's chances are so good? Sin and Punishment has only had two games, and Saki wasn't even in the most recent one. I'm not saying I hate the character (though the design does look a bit stupid), I'm just wondering if there are any reasons I'm missing or if this is just otaku fanboyism.
I don't know much about Sin and Punishment personally but if you read the Dojo comment's about him Sakurai seemed to really wanted him.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist12.html

If Impa was the next Zelda rep (in the supposed environment that there just had to be one) Impa would cause a lot of problems. Impa showed up twice in Ocarina of time, Tingle has had his own game, it's obvious who deserves representation more. On top of that, there really is no legitimate reason to switch Sheik with Impa. That's like replacing Mario with Dr. Mario to preserve his moveset.
Impa has been around since the beginning. There is theory that Impa is the same person in each game. This would mean reincarnations aside she is the second most reoccuring character in Zelda games beside Ganondorf. She is only recognized in her OOT because that's her coolest form. She has played major roles in the story line which is something Tingle doesn't do. Now I'll give you that Tingle has a chance and is unreasonably popular and Japan but over my own personal opinon Impa > Tingle.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
LOLZ. And what shows that?
If I hadn't known what a Hydreigon was before and you told me that it was a Dragon-type, I wouldn't have believed you. It looks nothing like a Dragon-type at all, IMO, or at least what a decent-looking Dragon-type should look like to me. Hydreigon is only further proof of the design philosophy for Pokemon for the 4th and 5th gens that revolves around unique-type combinations, not the actual aesthetic design of the Pokemon...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can we just stop with the Pokemon generation wars? It gets old really quickly. Just agree to disagree. No opinions are fact. In fact, I like each generation for its own reasons.

Also, asage, Flygon is a dragon due to the fact that it is an adult ant lion, which resembles a dragon fly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You're alone with Altaria. xD

...I think I heard somewhere that it's based on a mythical Japanese dragon bird...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Can we just stop with the Pokemon generation wars? It gets old really quickly. Just agree to disagree. No opinions are fact. In fact, I like each generation for its own reasons.
And where are you getting that from? There were no "generation wars" taking place. There wasn't even a war taking place. I was just stating my opinion, and asage was stating his. No flaming, no ad hominem attacks, none of that. A simple debate =/= war.

Now can we talk about something other than Pokemon?

Like surprise third-party characters.

I would like Sakurai to surprise us all with the third-party choices *cough*Viewtiful Joe*cough*, not just go with the most requested or expected. :)

But, then again, I want Mega Man badly. Ah, well, what can you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom