• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
What do you like about Takamaru? Personally, I've never understood what makes people like him so much. Not that I'm against him, I just see better and more interesting choices than him.
He can turn invisible. Yes, it's just one gimmick, but it's an AMAZING gimmick. He can do everything Goroh can do, a bit of what Sheik can do, AND turn invisible.

Not really a terrible thought. Ende looks cool to me - I mean, just look at this gameplay trailer for Pandora's Tower.

That said, he's unlikely since Nintendo appears to have zero plans for his game to release outside of Japan and his game was the weakest sales and reception-wise in Japan among the three Rainfall titles.

Plus, I'd much prefer Kanan or even Shulk over him.
The gameplay looks fine, but I'll admit that while the Last Story has brilliant design and Xenoblade Chronicles has beautiful music, everything about Pandora falls flat for me. I agree that I think it's the weakest title of the three...but for all we know Sakurai enjoyed it the most.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, so after watching more Mole Mania playthroughs, I think I can make a decent set of Special moves for him.

His Neutral B could be the iron ball. Press B once,and it spawns, and stays on the ground in front of you. You can keep it there, and it will act as an unbreakable wall. However, if you press B again when you are close to the ball, you can throw it at your opponent! It will be very slow and not very powerful at first, but if you hold B, Muddy will charge up the throw, increasing the speed, distance, and damage. However, if the opponent hits you during start up, you will drop the ball. The ball will eventually disappear if A.) Too much time passes without you throwing it, or B.) You hit the opponent. Only one Ball can be present at a time per Muddy Mole.

His Side B will be the Barrel Roll. This one was a bit of a stretch, seeing as Muddy never actually did this. However,it is creative liberty, I guess. Muddy pulls out a barrel that he uses in his game, and hops on top of it. He then speeds forward on the barrel to ram opponents. Can be a decent horizontal recovery.

His Up B would be the cabbage jump. After Muddy Mole defeats a boss in his games, he saves one of his children, who pop out of a giant cabbage that falls from the sky, and leap up with a corkscrew-like jump. Muddy would essentially do the same. A giant cabbage would surround him, and he'd pop out using a Wario-like Corkscrew. If used in Midair, the cabbage will fall to the ground, potentially doing damage, and possibly a meteor-smash. When used on land, it disappears after use. I guess you can call it a mix between Wario's and Sonic's.

Muddy Mole's Down B would be Burrow. Going underground was key in Muddy Mole's adventures, so naturally Smash should reflect that. He would dig a hole, and go underground. If used on a passable platform, he'd fall through it. While underground, he can move around very fast, but at the expense of not being able to see where he is. By releasing B, he will pop out of the hole, causing minimal damage. However, you only have a three second time frame to stay underground, otherwise you are forcefully removed from the dirt. This would make up for Muddy's lackluster aerial game.

Finally, his Final Smash would be Sundes. Another forum user gave me this idea. Sundes was a sun-based boss in Mole Mania, as the ruler of Level 2. One of his attacks involves him going supernova, so Muddy needed to get out of the way to survive by going underground. Once Muddy has the Smash Ball, he'll adjust his Sunglasses and go underground. Sundes would then appear, and go Supernova, sending a vast fiery wave across the stage. If hit, the opponent will take major damage and good knockback. It can, however, be avoided by some characters with high or multiple jumps. Muddy will the resurface and continue fighting.

Complete moveset coming soon. Feel free to comment.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman

There we go~

Maybe Ray was a mistake. Sorry robobro. Starfy too, to some extent, even though I don't particularly care for him.
These are the only ones I'm remotely invested in. Oops, thought the Mii was a random slot. Ignore that.

Finally made a thread about my essay on Victini and put it on GameFAQs.

If there's one thing I am expecting, it is to be flamed to no end. Since I have work extremely early in the morning, I will not be able to respond to any rebuttals on my essay, but come tomorrow evening, I will have the opportunity to do so.
You've already convinced me that Victini is more likely than Zoroark, or even Mewtwo. I still hate the little rodent, though.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone made a moveset for Isaac/Matthew or Takamaru yet? Because Ive played both games but didn't know if it was worth making a moveset for them..

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
These are the only ones I'm remotely invested in. Oops, thought the Mii was a random slot. Ignore that.

♥ Wow, you actually support Ray Mk? That's a big shocker tbh, He's one of my most demanded characters I'd like to see, I'm not surprised you choose Tingle though.:awesome:

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
There's no doubt in my mind that Victini IS the mascot of Gen V. It just screams as much. But Zoroark, as the first Gen V Pokemon revealed, clearly shows they're invested in him to some extent. There's the possibility Zoroark was literally made just for Smash, like Lucario, but I'm not so sure on that since Zoroark came before Sm4sh was announced. :I

Fairly certain it is between those two alone, and it depends on circumstances we can't be sure of. :awesome:

Oops, thought the Mii was a random slot. Ignore that.
You're not the first. You guys are blind. It even says "Mii" TWICE.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I honestly won't have a lot of complaints for Smash 4's roster as long as Mewtwo gets back in...

Mewtwo is my most anticipated character ever for a Smash game...

Well, except for Diddy Kong, Wario, Dedede, Charizard and Sonic.

OmegaXXII

I honestly won't have a lot of complaints for Smash 4's roster as long as Mewtwo gets back in...

Mewtwo is my most anticipated character ever for a Smash game...

Well, except for Diddy Kong, Wario, Dedede, Charizard and Sonic.
♥Yep, this is my most requested list (top 10) of newcomers/veterans I'd like to see:

Mewtwo
Ray Mk I
Ridley
K.Rool
Duck Hunt Dog
Megaman
Paper Mario
Ghirahim
Medusa
Shulk

Note, this is my top 10 most wanted, not actually whose the most likely.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You can try to gussy up Kanan all you want, but at the end of the day, she plays second fiddle to Elza, who plays second fiddle to Shulk. I like her, but to say she has a better chance than a Wario female, or Deoxys, is just not true. They all have low chances, but equal chances.

As soon as Ruby/Sapphire remakes hit the shelves in the next two years or so, I'll change my story though. Too bad Ashley, Mona, and Captain Syrup never seem to get that popular.

D

Deleted member

There's no doubt in my mind that Victini IS the mascot of Gen V. It just screams as much. But Zoroark, as the first Gen V Pokemon revealed, clearly shows they're invested in him to some extent. There's the possibility Zoroark was literally made just for Smash, like Lucario, but I'm not so sure on that since Zoroark came before Sm4sh was announced. :I

Fairly certain it is between those two alone, and it depends on circumstances we can't be sure of. :awesome:

You're not the first. You guys are blind. It even says "Mii" TWICE.
I agree that the battle between the two 5th gen Pokemon reps will be between Zoroark and Victini (unless Genesect/Meloetta gets a movie in 2012, then they are added in the mix). Both have a lot going for them, but it ultimately comes down to what they consider the best choice.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone made a moveset for Isaac/Matthew or Takamaru yet? Because Ive played both games but didn't know if it was worth making a moveset for them..
I can whip up a B moveset:

B: Hisha Kunai - with a spin and a sweep of the hand, Takamaru throws knives in the four cardinal directions. When on the ground, he doesn't spin or throw one downward. Medium, solid damage.

>B: Osho Windmill - Takamaru throws a spinning windmill sword straight ahead. Can be repeatedly tapped for a total of three windmills in a row. Wide radius, long distance, good knockback, but slow and poor damage.

^B: Kakugyo Fireball - As his hand sweeps beneath him, three fireballs erupt beneath Takamaru, sweeping out into a cone. Takamaru is propelled by the explosion in the opposite directino of the attack. High damage, short range.

VB: Invisibility - Takamaru vanishes from sight (with the same visual characteristics as invisibility in previous SBB games). He remains invisible for a set amount of time, unless he either attacks or is hit by an attack.

Final Smash: Inazuma Lightning - Everyone onscreen is hit by a lightning bolt. If they are below 100%, they will merely take 10% of their current damage. If they are above 100%, they are instantly KO'd ala baseball bat.

D

Deleted member

ChronoBound said:
Anyone who writes off Roy is ignorant that he is one of the most requested newcomers for Smash 4 in Japan:

Poll for favorite character from Melee

Poll asking how people feel about Roy's cut

Poll asking what your favorite sword character is

Poll asking which Fire Emblem character they want the most (guess who wins)
As I've said before, it's very nice to see that Roy is very highly requested in Japan as it does give me some hope. But the FE13 announcement has me very pessimistic about his chances of returning. Hopefully, FE13 doesn't turn out in Chrome's favor for SSB4.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Genesect and Meloetta won't be factors. I'm going to sound like a hypocrite, but I'm pretty sure it's not about the movies anymore.

And Gen III remakes are just a dream. :awesome:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
I can whip up a B moveset:

B: Hisha Kunai - with a spin and a sweep of the hand, Takamaru throws knives in the four cardinal directions. When on the ground, he doesn't spin or throw one downward. Medium, solid damage.

>B: Osho Windmill - Takamaru throws a spinning windmill sword straight ahead. Can be repeatedly tapped for a total of three windmills in a row. Wide radius, long distance, good knockback, but slow and poor damage.

^B: Kakugyo Fireball - As his hand sweeps beneath him, three fireballs erupt beneath Takamaru, sweeping out into a cone. Takamaru is propelled by the explosion in the opposite directino of the attack. High damage, short range.

VB: Invisibility - Takamaru vanishes from sight (with the same visual characteristics as invisibility in previous SBB games). He remains invisible for a set amount of time, unless he either attacks or is hit by an attack.

Final Smash: Inazuma Lightning - Everyone onscreen is hit by a lightning bolt. If they are below 100%, they will merely take 10% of their current damage. If they are above 100%, they are instantly KO'd ala baseball bat.
Awesome, I've only played Takamaru in Samurai warriors 3, but I was gonna do invisibility for his down b as well. So would it work as an invisibility cloak as melee did? I was gonna have it where he was invulnerable for like 5 seconds but couldnt use it for the next 20-30 seconds
Also he has a fire tornado move that I think would be cool to incorporate.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
♥ Wow, you actually support Ray Mk? That's a big shocker tbh, He's one of my most demanded characters I'd like to see, I'm not surprised you choose Tingle though.:awesome:

Of new franchises, the reps I'd like to see most, in order, are probably:

Takamaru
Kanan
Isaac
Ray
Lip
Devil
Starfy
Shulk
Little Mac

So he's pretty high up there. I don't think his chances are great, but I think he'd be a fun character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
People should remember that Roy is a safe choice for Sakurai. He's wanted, he already has a Smash fanbase, not just a Fire Emblem fanbase. He's just a safe move. Probably even the smart move.

Same story goes for Krystal. I can sit here and tell you how she's more important than Wolf an Falco in th SF series, but the fact remains is that Falco, and Wolf are just safer choices for the same reason Roy and Mewtwo are safe choices. They have a fanbase within the Smash community already. So no matter how much a try to boost Krystal up, she will always come in forth in those terms. Which sucks, but that's how it is.

Yeah, who needs 3rd gen when we have lots of other gens
I want them, and I think a lot of others do too, but we're probably going to get first and fifth gens, and then if Lucario IS kept, a forth gen.

Chances are, Deoxys and his third gen buddies will stay Pokeball status.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, for now Roy's my boy. :cool:

I'm just not sure about Chrome yet, and personally I don't like change.

But I'm still not convinced on how Roy chances fare in comparison to Chrome's.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, Starphoenix asked if we get 50 slots and no cuts. Here would be my list:

- Victini
- Mega Man
- King K. Rool
- Ridley
- Saki Amamiya
- Starfy
- Mewtwo
- Lip
- Isaac
- Takamaru
- Toad
- Little Mac
- Slime
- Ray (Custom Robo)
- Palutena

Others that I've left out, but support include Roy, Paper Mario, Deoxys, Professor Layton, and more.

OmegaXXII

Of new franchises, the reps I'd like to see most, in order, are probably:

Takamaru
Kanan
Isaac
Ray
Lip
Devil
Starfy
Shulk
Little Mac

So he's pretty high up there. I don't think his chances are great, but I think he'd be a fun character.
Devil? I don't think anybody has ever suggested him like....ever! Would he really have a chance at it?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm more concerned that the devil is above Little Mac, Shulk, and Starfy...

Anyway, Devil not getting in is a situation I can bet on. For the sole reason that Sakurai tries to limit characters that aren't international. Devil fits this, along with the fact that his game was so controversial due to religious references. As an Assist Trophy, this was okay considering it wasn't shown much, but as a player, people may get offended. Just my two cents.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
People should remember that Roy is a safe choice for Sakurai. He's wanted, he already has a Smash fanbase, not just a Fire Emblem fanbase. He's just a safe move. Probably even the smart move.

Same story goes for Krystal. I can sit here and tell you how she's more important than Wolf an Falco in th SF series, but the fact remains is that Falco, and Wolf are just safer choices for the same reason Roy and Mewtwo are safe choices. They have a fanbase within the Smash community already. So no matter how much a try to boost Krystal up, she will always come in forth in those terms. Which sucks, but that's how it is.
We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Roy fans weren't so irrational. Yippee, he was Marth with fire effects, now we have Ike who's ORIGINAL with fire effects. Fire Emblem's representation was upgraded and still they ***** about it. Just like they'll ***** if Krystal replaces Falco or Wolf.

OmegaXXII

Meh, for now Roy's my boy. :cool:

I'm just not sure about Chrome yet, and personally I don't like change.

But I'm still not convinced on how Roy chances fare in comparison to Chrome's.
♥ Agreed, although I wanted to say BK instead. :/

I believe Roy though has alot of popularity considering he's wanted so much in Japan, I wonder if Chrome could ever surpass Roy in popularity, unless Intelligent Systems steps in and wants Chrome in such as they did with Ike over Roy instead.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Devil? I don't think anybody has ever suggested him like....ever! Would he really have a chance at it?

I'm more concerned that the devil is above Little Mac, Shulk, and Starfy...

Anyway, Devil not getting in is a situation I can bet on. For the sole reason that Sakurai tries to limit characters that aren't international. Devil fits this, along with the fact that his game was so controversial due to religious references. As an Assist Trophy, this was okay considering it wasn't shown much, but as a player, people may get offended. Just my two cents.

I only included Devil to show how little I care about the characters beneath him. Sure, they're chances are much better, but I don't have to like it.

Also, I don't think religious references are as controversial as they used to be. The only reason I consider Devil a dark horse is that if we ever get a single character from a franchise who happens to be a villain, he's clearly the best candidate.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Roy fans weren't so irrational. Yippee, he was Marth with fire effects, now we have Ike who's ORIGINAL with fire effects. Fire Emblem's representation was upgraded and still they ***** about it. Just like they'll ***** if Krystal replaces Falco or Wolf.
I don't really like to weigh in on Fire Emblem stuff because I don't know really anything about the series. If I had my way we would get: Marth Ike/Roy and Chrome/Caeda (Depending on how well recieved Chrome is)

ANNNNNND, Devil is freaking cool. He's like Nintendo's Firebrand. I want him to stay an AT.

To be fair, Roy would have been decloned just like everyone else if he had actually made it into Brawl.
No one has ever been "Decloned" just edited, or "Luigified", but to a much lesser extent than Luigi himself

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This is how I support FE characters:

Caeda/BK > Roy > Chrome

So for now since the first 2's chances aren't looking so good, I'm now up to Roy in support.

Still at this point it's popularity vs. the unknown, this of course refers to Roy and Chrome.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
For star mine would be:
-Isaac/Matthew
-Saki
-Takamaru
-Ray
-MM link
-Bowser Jr/Paper Mario
-King K Rool
-Medusa
-Ridley
-Zoroark
-Marina
-Lil Mac
-Krystal
-Samurai Goroh
-Megaman/Bomberman/Banjo Kazooie

OmegaXXII

I only included Devil to show how little I care about the characters beneath him. Sure, they're chances are much better, but I don't have to like it.

Also, I don't think religious references are as controversial as they used to be. The only reason I consider Devil a dark horse is that if we ever get a single character from a franchise who happens to be a villain, he's clearly the best candidate.
Devil seems unlikely, but again if Sakurai was so concerned with religious beliefs he would have never shown up as an AT in Brawl.

I laughed at the quote, "Waluigi is nothing" :laugh:

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, I've only played Takamaru in Samurai warriors 3, but I was gonna do invisibility for his down b as well. So would it work as an invisibility cloak as melee did? I was gonna have it where he was invulnerable for like 5 seconds but couldnt use it for the next 20-30 seconds
Also he has a fire tornado move that I think would be cool to incorporate.
I don't like the idea of giving a character invulnerability. Invisibility is fine because it still has drawbacks (the player can't see Takamaru either). Invulnerability sounds broken.

In Samurai Warriors? Then assuming as few changes to my current moveset as possible, the three fireballs could spiral out in a cyclone beneath him?

To be fair, Roy would have been decloned some just like everyone else if he had actually made it into Brawl.
This is true, though I still don't think he would have felt as unique as Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom