• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'd prefer Ike was cut and Chrome received his moveset. Seems fitting enough. THEN, we get Roy who is just more interesting all around. Shoots what I can only assume are fire laser beams.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Roy fans weren't so irrational. Yippee, he was Marth with fire effects, now we have Ike who's ORIGINAL with fire effects. Fire Emblem's representation was upgraded and still they ***** about it. Just like they'll ***** if Krystal replaces Falco or Wolf.
I am pretty much the only Roy supporter in this thread and I have been plenty rational. All I am saying is that its foolish to write off Roy. If anything its the anti-Roy folks who have been irrrational, even utilizing lies to write off Roy.

Most Roy supporters are actually quiet and passive. I am pretty much the only loud one that I am aware of.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Nah, Chrono, you aren't alone, I support Roy, too, just not to the extent as Mewtwo and I'm more of a passive supporter like you mentioned.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
I am pretty much the only Roy supporter in this thread and I have been plenty rational. All I am saying is that its foolish to write off Roy. If anything its the anti-Roy folks who have been irrrational, even utilizing lies to write off Roy.

Most Roy supporters are actually quiet and passive. I am pretty much the only loud one that I am aware of.
Apologies if you thought my generalization was intended to include you. I honestly don't know what you guys see in the character, though.

Devil seems unlikely, but again if Sakurai was so concerned with religious beliefs he would have never shown up as an AT in Brawl.

I laughed at the quote, "Waluigi is nothing" :laugh:

:phone:
He is. I really feel that Waluigi supporters are trolls. I mean, I admit that I enjoy trolling people a bit with Tingle, but his chances are actually good. Waluigi has no business being a PC, though.

D

Deleted member

I also support Roy's inclusion for SSB4, but I don't really hold much hope. Hopefully, Roy being one of the most wanted characters for SSB4 will pay off.

What I am worried is that the FE13 announcement will kill of Roy Japanese support.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How would you guys feel if the Mario series didn't get a character? Like, if this happened:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario

Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, *Young Link

Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, *Mewtwo, *Zoroark

Or how would you feel if Wario got Syrup or Mona, but Toad/Bowser Jr. were no shows?

Reactions please.

You can hang in there, Chrome/Roy supporters.
I'm confident FE will see new/returning blood.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Roy is okay, but I feel Ike/Chrome definetly have the upperhand, Roy does in Japan though so I am not writing him of just yet, it all has to do with Intelligent Systems wanting Chrome in or not, if not sakurai will most likely include his favorite FE character which is Roy.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Roy is okay, but I feel Ike/Chrome definetly have the upperhand, Roy does in Japan though so I am not writing him of just yet, it all has to do with Intelligent Systems wanting Chrome in or not, if not sakurai will most likely include his favorite FE character which is Roy.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he likes Nabarl.

Captain Syrup? Meh..not a chance if it meant Bowser Jr. got cut.
He wasn't CUT. He just wasn't chosen.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If Chrome cannot prove to be anything more than "Ike 2.0" I do not want him. Period.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Per Star's request, if I could only have 50 slots and no replacements, I'd pick:

-Little Mac
-Isaac
-Starfy
-Mii
-Ridley
-Victini
-Ridley
-King K. Rool
-Muddy Mole
-Bowser Jr.
-Krystal
-Mewtwo
-Mega Man
-A LoZ rep (Ghirahim, or Toon Zelda/Tetra, just not Tingle...)
- Either Roy or Chrome

No particular order...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If Chrome cannot prove to be anything more than "Ike 2.0" I do not want him. Period.
Yessss, that's a good Star. Keep drinking the Kool Aide. Now. Tell them you want Caeda. Go ahead, don't be scared!

@---
Yes sir.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait what is Star asking for?

50 slots, no cuts?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nope, I'm pretty sure it's Roy, alot of people said Sakurai personally favored Roy.
Pretty sure Sakurai, being an FE fanboy, asked IS for another FE character for Melee. And they suggested Roy.

Which has probably been twisted into thinking Sakurai personally favors Roy.

His favorite is Narbarl. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
-Apparently Sakurai's favourite Fire Emblem character is Nabarl. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the rest, but it seems he's expressing displeasure at Oguma beating Nabarl in the poll.
This was back during post SSB64 though. ALSO Nabarl > Roy. His weapon choice is two Katanas. That's pretty interesting, if you ask ME.

@Star If he ended up being "Ike 2.0", but was well recieved would you suggest him to take Ike's place in Smash? As for Caeda, yeah. . . no chance. I still want a lance user though. I guess the closest we'll get is a Magical Staff weilder, or a physical fighting staff weilder.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yessss, that's a good Star. Keep drinking the Kool Aide. Now. Tell them you want Caeda. Go ahead, don't be scared!
What kool aid? I'm serious! I'm not going to say he is "Ike 2.0", but he is looking that way from what I have seen in the trailers. Even if he has a nice black and white clothing color scheme I want something a little more unique than "bulky sword swinger". At least with Roy he had flames popping out everywhere, and red hair.

Darn straight I want Caeda! I sat there and supported Ephraim, one of the most disliked lords in the series, just because he used a lance. At least with her she did have some popularity. Now her chances are altogether dead, assuming she had any to begin with. I want a lance user so badly... :(

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What kool aid? I'm serious! I'm not going to say he is "Ike 2.0", but he is looking that way from what I have seen in the trailers. Even if he has a nice black and white clothing color scheme I want something a little more unique than "bulky sword swinger".

Darn straight I want Caeda! I sat there and supported Ephraim, one of the most disliked lords in the series. At least with her she did have some popularity. Now her chances are altogether dead, assuming she had any to begin with. I want a lance user so badly... :(
Well I still have hope, also would anyone like me to post my edited moveset for her again?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Pretty sure Sakurai, being an FE fanboy, asked IS for another FE character for Melee. And they suggested Roy.

If that's true, well, that kinda sucks. Roy needs all the help he can get :(

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star If he ended up being "Ike 2.0", but was well recieved would you suggest him to take Ike's place in Smash? As for Caeda, yeah. . . no chance. I still want a lance user though. I guess the closest we'll get is a Magical Staff weilder, or a physical fighting staff weilder.
I mean I guess. I main Ike in Brawl so if Chrome can give me the same playstyle then I can live with Ike being removed. It would sort of be disappointing since I've played as him for so long, but at the same time I have no real connection to Ike as a character so there is not any attachment like say Mewtwo.

No. No magic staff. A lance. LANCE! >_<

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Missed star by 7 minutes. That's annoying :(

I can't begin to make a list of who i think would happen in SSB4. At this point... Hmmm...

*EDITS* Star you threw me off with the invisibility thing. :-P

Oh, and as is customary.... Now, this is a little different from most of my music picks, in that it's based on a song and is an actual video clip. Uhh, you'll see what i mean. It's really clever, so listen to the words as well:

The man who arranges the blocks

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I mean I guess. I main Ike in Brawl so if Chrome can give me the same playstyle then I can live with Ike being removed. It would sort of be disappointing since I've played as him for so long, but at the same time I have no real connection to Ike as a character so there is not any attachment like say Mewtwo.

No. No magic staff. A lance. LANCE! >_<
Agreed. Although try Ike's games, they're some of my favorites in the FE series. I've played FE9 about 4-5 times so far and am looking at going another. :laugh:

Anyway:

Caeda: Lance and Sword

Palutena: Magic Staff and Shield

Medusa: Magic Staff

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah I'm a sneaky little bird now. :p

Good to see you man.

The only Fire Emblem games I have played is Shadow Dragon, Sacred Stones and the Blazing Sword. I was once a large Hector fan before switching to Ephraim.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Luco, I love that video, it fits perfectly! xD

On a semi-off topic note, I like Muddy Mole even more now that I found out his game came out the year I was born...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Luco, I love that video, it fits perfectly! xD

On a semi-off topic note, I like Muddy Mole even more now that I found out his game came out the year I was born...
I was born in the year of the FALCON. BD

...And the Marth. u3u

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I know, it's great isn't it? I showed it to my history teacher, who in turn showed it to her year 12 modern history class. She thought it was brilliant.

Good to see you too star ^^ I'd be up for a game if you have some time, but if not thats alright :) And did you hear i went in to my first tournament?

Star, do you happen to have that message i sent you a while ago detailing which page i put up my LoZ:LttP stage idea? I was thinking about it(and also what you said), but i thought i may as well put it up on the wii-U group stage idea thread.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
This was back during post SSB64 though. ALSO Nabarl > Roy. His weapon choice is two Katanas. That's pretty interesting, if you ask ME.

Wow, interesting, guess people alwats twist logic around, anyway what about a tag team style with Liz? Pieman really seemed to support the idea, it would be better than having an "Ike. 2.0" at least.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I know, it's great isn't it? I showed it to my history teacher, who in turn showed it to her year 12 modern history class. She thought it was brilliant.

Good to see you too star ^^ I'd be up for a game if you have some time, but if not thats alright :) And did you hear i went in to my first tournament?

Star, do you happen to have that message i sent you a while ago detailing which page i put up my LoZ:LttP stage idea? I was thinking about it(and also what you said), but i thought i may as well put it up on the wii-U group stage idea thread.
It will have to be some other time Little L, don't have the time unfortunately. Props to the tournament man.

I'm not sure. I have some old VM's about you LttP stage. Go ahead and post what you have worked on. Sure it would make for a great read again. :cool:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

You are correct that Nabarl is Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem character. Interestingly, enough Oguma was strangely left out as a sticker in Brawl, yet Nabarl was in. What is funny is that FE6's stickers followed the same pattern as FE3's stickers (lord, love interest, swordmaster/myrmidon, and mercenary), only that FE3 did not get a sticker of its most popular mercenary (Oguma). I guess Sakurai was trolling the Oguma fans.

As to Roy getting in, it was actually Sakurai's idea to place in Roy, not Intelligent Systems.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Would everyone want the smash series to continue after this game? With just bigger and bigger rosters? Maybe they branch off and have Mario smash bros and LoZ smash bros? or just stop it all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom