• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Let me ask everyone here a question. Assuming we receive about 12 new characters. How many of you are in favor of having two Mario characters and two Pokemon while all of the characters in Brawl return? Would you guys be in favor of having both Toad and Bowser Jr; and having Mewtwo and our 5th generation Pokemon without sacrificing Lucario?

Personally I feel this would be the best choice, but I want to get the opinion of everyone else.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I got an awesome idea. What if besides the characters u optain in-game, how about something like "Event" characters? Maybe at places like Toys-R-Us and GameStop, they'll give out a free character? Like, you give them your SSB4 # and they'll transfer it to u as long as u have Wi-Fi?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@Omega
But Mewtwo is so awesome that its return will be magnificent! So magnificent that it will be Top Tier :D
I have a strange feeling Sakurai cut Mewtwo so that when he returns in SSB4 we could all use "Mewtwo Returns" as a pun haha

Oh yes, Mewtwo is marvelously magnificent indeed, hs deserves his own special trailer, but at the same time should be the "ultra" secret character, it would be alot of hype if he was once again difficult to obtain. :grin:

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Let me ask everyone here a question. Assuming we receive about 12 new characters. How many of you are in favor of having two Mario characters and two Pokemon while all of the characters in Brawl return? Would you guys be in favor of having both Toad and Bowser Jr; and having Mewtwo and our 5th generation Pokemon without sacrificing Lucario?

Personally I feel this would be the best choice, but I want to get the opinion of everyone else.
Hell yeah I would love that! DK should get 2 reps, as well.

Assuming we get 12 newcomers in Smash 4... that leaves 8 other newcomers to choose from.

Oh yes, Mewtwo is marvelously magnificent indeed, hs deserves his own special trailer, but at the same time should be the "ultra" secret character, it would be alot of hype if he was once again difficult to obtain. :grin:

Yep. He should have his own special trailer but have a limited profile page on the DOJO.

What I mean by that they shouldn't reveal the Final Smash and unlocking methods on the DOJO. Let everyone figure those out on their own, Mortal Kombat-style. :cool:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Some people are against the idea as they would rather have others from different series. Yet most of the characters suggested in place do not come close to the popularity, importance, and sheer fan demand for the other three (Mewtwo, Toad, and Bowser Jr).

With the other eight you can fill the roster with other requested characters alone:

-Ridley
-King K. Rool
-Palutena
-Little Mac
-Saki Amamiya
-Starfy
-Isaac
-Retro or Shock

Any further opinions?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't have any further suggestions as everything looks fine and reasonable to me.

But, I do want to ask, Star, how do you feel Saki's chances are to be in Smash 4?

D

Deleted member

I'd like to see this; especially if Victini is the 5th gen rep and Bowser Jr. is unique. The remaining eight I would add:

- King K. Rool
- Ridley
- Mega Man
- Isaac
- Little Mac
- Takamaru
- Palutena
- Saki Amamiya

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Very optimistic about him. I believe out of all the Assist Trophies he stands the best chance of being playable. Yes, all of them. Trust me I have reasoning for this. It comes from Sakurai himself, or more specifically the DOJO.

As with the original title, he speaks in English.

He rivals just about any main character. There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!

H-he has absolutely no problem fitting in!
What needs to be understood is these requests were from Japanese gamers, not Western. Considering the obscure nature of Saki at the time of deciding upon the roster he probably opted to not include him for that reason. Saki Amamiya was likely decided to be an Assist Trophy before knowing that Sin and Punishment was decided to be released on the Virtual Console outside of Japan. Now things have changed for both Saki and the Sin and Punishment series. Thanks to his appearance in Brawl Saki is going to receive double the support he had before, because there will be a segment of Western gamers, such as myself, who are now going to be voting for him. I doubt many of the people who supported him pre-Brawl are going to drop that support; so I see him gaining in that area. While not the best selling title on the Wii Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor has been released which gives Sin and Punishment an element of relevancy and more material to work with for music, stages, etc. The only issue Saki may face is the idea that it would be better to include Isa Jo over Saki due to him being "fresher". Since Sakurai does not typically work this way, and Isa Jo does not have the support that his father does, I think Saki can shake that issue. Some people have objected to Saki due to his series not selling well, but I don't think Sakurai really looks intently on sales. The Virtual Console re-release sold well enough for Nintendo to create a sequel. I think all Sakurai is going to look at is the fact there even was a sequel.

All in all, Saki I feel stands the best chance. Those are most all of my reasoning.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Ah, I see, that's great to hear. :)

Saki is one of my most wanted newcomers for Smash 4, so that's why I asked. I totally agree with you.

Isaac, too.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Solid list there, thought I don't like that there is no new guest characters and Snake and Snake returns. Personally, if guests return, I expect at least one new third-party characters, as I feel having the same guest over and over again and no new blood would be stalemate.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Id like the shock character to be Mach Rider but then that would take the place of Megaman/Slime&Chocobo.

Im pretty sure Isa would either show up either as a costume or AT, same goes for Matthew with Isaacs inclusion.

@SSBFan
You always seem to bring up the word "unique". Have you seen any of my posts regarding that?

D

Deleted member

y.toonlink said:
@SSBFan
You always seem to bring up the word "unique". Have you seen any of my posts regarding that?
No, but I'd like to see.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: Solid list there, thought I don't like that there is no new guest characters and Snake and Snake returns. Personally, if guests return, I expect at least one new third-party characters, as I feel having the same guest over and over again and no new blood would be stalemate.
Well I go back and forth on whether I feel third party characters will be in the next game or not. I excluded them in place of the characters from Nintendo. While I feel we could have these twelve in addition to two third party characters, bringing the total to fourteen, I cannot say for certain that would be the case. Although I now noticed I left a significant Fire Emblem addition off, Roy.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, damn, I gotta go, y'all. My account will stay logged in, though, as I can't log off through my phone and I clicked "Remember Me" last time I logged in. Stay strong, peeps. :cool:

Also, Son Goku, I accepted it. :)

GLORIOUS FRIENDSHIP

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Glorious indeed Buruma as our children will fuse with one another lol
Or like something Goku would say, YEAH! ALRIGHT!

But yea, Megaman would be cool to play as. I still stick with using a menu to change weapons, I dont care if it doesnt seem "realistic", to me that is what I see as unique.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm in the best mood after spending the whole day with my girl yesterday.

Actually feeling like semi-responding to things.

Haha, imagine all the SSB4 commotion that's going to happen, all of a sudden, BAM we never get to see what could become Smash 4, I am hopeful we will see the day of Smash 4 and finally playing as Lip and Dog Hunt Dog. :awesome:
YES, DUCK HUNT DOG supporters unite, us three like him alot!! :cool:
What about your majesty?!

*points to facial expression on avatar*
to all those quotes. No.

Reponses in green.

In all honesty? WHY? He's about as flat, uninspiring a character as Nintendo could possibly conceive. Except Tetris. Give Duck Hunt a stage, like Tetris. They'd be excellent stages. But don't put a character in just because they barely qualify as a character.
Thank youuuu.

Ridley is going to have to set himself apart from Charizard, but I really don't think that'd be hard to do. They're very different in appearance and personality. Not to mention there's loads to work with just by their body types.
I don't think there would be any problem making set differences between Charizard and Ridley, especially seeing how they come from two completely different series.

It's funny; Smashchu, Mario and Sonic Guy and Arcadnik may not realize it but I used to talk to them on Nsider. Especially Arcadenik. lol
Old relic looking ***

I recall posting a quote from Sakurai about Waluigi, something along the lines of "He didn't show up playable. . . BUT HERE HE IS ANYWAYS! :troll:"

He was referring to the AT of course. The quote sounded totally trollish to me. Like, he knows Waluigi sucks.
LOL

Kingdom Hearts 3DS is coming out soon. :cool:

Just saw the trailer. Just amazing. Now where is KH3 :glare:

Yeah, V13 looks incrediably good and it's mind boggling how the graphics look, as for Kingdom Hearts, yeah it's gonna be pretty amazing. I'll get that link for you. :)

It's like they finally made FF into what I wanted it to be after playing kingdom hearts.

How about we just put 6 mario characters in both Wii U and 3DS? It makes a lot more sense than putting exclusives to be honest. Plus... This is the mario series we're talking about

Plus, I'm expecting a universal roster but I really wouldn't care if it wasn't.
This.

@Toonlink: Campy playstyle ftw
Brawl makes you start to like some campy styles. It's so weird.

I agree. I still really can't put a roster of any sort out because, well, I just don't care too much to make one. All my characters that I'm extremely biased to (bar Shadow) are already in Smash.

Though, it doesn't mean I won't support upcoming characters.

Saki stuff
I think Saki so far is only upcoming possibility that I'm starting to take a real liking to.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Over on Gamefaqs someone posted a list of their newcomer selections to bring the roster to fifty without cutting anyone from Brawl. So it got me to thinking about what characters I would select to bring the roster to 50-52 without cutting anyone. I'd love to see everyone's list of choices. Whether they feel they are the likeliest or whether they are simply your desire.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It was one of the characters Sakurai considered for Ice Climber's spot. That and they have a trophy but the dog doesn't.

Ask me later for a link.
Bull. Sakurai only considered Bubbles, Excitebike, Urban Champion, and Balloon Fighter before he settled on the Ice Climbers.

As for the trophies, that's just poor logic. Diddy Kong had no trophy in Melee but Dixie Kong did and yet look who is playable in Brawl. R.O.B. had no trophy in Melee and he is in Brawl. Ivysaur had no trophy in Melee but Bulbasaur and Venusaur did and yet it is in Brawl. Just because a character did not appear in one game does not mean they cannot show up in the next game.

We get it, Smashchu. You hate Duck Hunt Dog. We get it already. We are not wasting our time and energy to get you to our side... you are obviously blinded by hatred toward the dog - it's not our problem if you got your feelings hurt by the laughing dog when you missed the ducks. You just suck at Duck Hunt. We are just going to continue on supporting Duck Hunt Dog for Smash without you.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Over on Gamefaqs someone posted a list of their newcomer selections to bring the roster to fifty without cutting anyone from Brawl. So it got me to thinking about what characters I would select to bring the roster to 50-52 without cutting anyone. I'd love to see everyone's list of choices. Whether they feel they are the likeliest or whether they are simply your desire.
...I'll give it a try LOL.

-Magnus
-Saki
-Megaman
-Ridley
-Toad
-Shadow (My last real desire)

Ehh those are the only ones I guess that stand out to me. My favorites being Saki and Shadow, maybe Magnus.

OmegaXXII

Bull. Sakurai only considered Bubbles, Excitebike, Urban Champion, and Balloon Fighter before he settled on the Ice Climbers.

As for the trophies, that's just poor logic. Diddy Kong had no trophy in Melee but Dixie Kong did and yet look who is playable in Brawl. R.O.B. had no trophy in Melee and he is in Brawl. Ivysaur had no trophy in Melee but Bulbasaur and Venusaur did and yet it is in Brawl. Just because a character did not appear in one game does not mean they cannot show up in the next game.

We get it, Smashchu. You hate Duck Hunt Dog. We get it already. We are not wasting our time and energy to get you to our side... you are obviously blinded by hatred toward the dog - it's not our problem if you got your feelings hurt by the laughing dog when you missed the ducks. You just suck at Duck Hunt. We are just going to continue on supporting Duck Hunt Dog for Smash without you.
♥Agreed, people need to understand and take logic into effect, I strongly agree with this.

Duck Hunt Dog 4 Smash 4!!!

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Berserker
If you mean Silver from Pokemon then yes, but no not from Sonic. Just no. btw with generations coming out, Sonic should have a classic costume. I dunno if itd work since modern Sonic is taller but i would just be cool to see :)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Omega

Starphoenix's latest post, apparently. Without cutting characters in Brawl, I would add these 16 characters for the total of 50 characters.

1. Palutena
2. Medusa
3. Meowth (1st gen is the best)
4. Mewtwo (5th gen be damned)
5. Little Mac
6. Takamaru
7. Duck Hunt Dog :troll:
8. Muddy Mole :awesome:
9. Dixie Kong (doesn't count because she would be teamed with Diddy Kong)
10. King K. Rool
11. Starfy
12. Isaac or Matthew (don't care which one)
13. Saki or Isa (don't care which one)
14. Toad
15. Tingle
16. Mega Man

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Saki
Starfy
Little Mac
Megaman
Slime
King K. Rool
Medusa
Ridley
Toad
Zoroark
Ghirahim
Black Shadow
Shulk
Takamaru
Mewtwo
lip

If I were to add anyone? Hmmm....

1.) Toad
2.) Ridley
3.) Saki
4.) K Rool
5.) Phoenix Wright

Only characters I really want

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Starphoenix

I know you're a big Slime supporter but I was wondering if Slime was in SSB4, what do you think his Final Smash would be? I was thinking that maybe he could grow bigger and bigger till he became King Slime. It would be like Bowser and Giga Bowser.

@ Berserk

You just reminded me of this... if Phoenix Wright never fought before and he can be playable in UMvC3, I don't see anything wrong with Duck Hunt Dog being playable in Smash.

OmegaXXII

♥Exactly, Phoenix Wright had no ability to fight whatsoever, yet he is playable, I don't see nothing wrong with DHD getting the same treatment he did.

@ Starphoenix

I know you're a big Slime supporter but I was wondering if Slime was in SSB4, what do you think his Final Smash would be? I was thinking that maybe he could grow bigger and bigger till he became King Slime. It would be like Bowser and Giga Bowser.

@ Berserk

You just reminded me of this... if Phoenix Wright never fought before and he can be playable in UMvC3, I don't see anything wrong with Duck Hunt Dog being playable in Smash.
*Nods*

True

Same goes for Tom Nook though

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Like I said before, just because a character can't be pictured fighting doesn't make them impossible. If Phoenix Wright is any indication, they can fight by not actually fighting.

Imagine, for example, that DHD's USmash consists of him dodging a bullet that hits the opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom