• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I do agree with the wall thing, but I'm starting to wonder how much capcom really values the good ol' blue bomber anymore. I still can't believe he didn't make an appearance in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and the whole cancellation of Mega man Legends 3. I know they claim that the series is important to them, which it better damn be, but I'm not so sure that they are in love with Nintendo right now. At least I remember reading something about that a while ago I'll look for a source.

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/05/2...to-cut-nintendo-3ds-and-nintendo-wii-support/
I mentioned that too, but Capcom has recently unveiled 2 new 3DS Monster Hunter games

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I mentioned that too, but Capcom has recently unveiled 2 new 3DS Monster Hunter games
Well Ono feels comfortable enough around Nintendo to suggest Nintendo x Capcom, as well as let Iwata interview him on Iwata asks.

I would say they may not be, like BFF's, but they're on good terms. Iwata seems like such a cool cat. :3 The next cat I get, is going to be named Iwata.

OH, and apparently Capcom has hinted interest in Street Fighter x Tekken for the 3DS.

It’s possible. For the 3DS, I wanted to do an [Super Street Fighter IV:] Arcade Edition version, but I haven’t had a chance to do that because of all the other things I’m up to. At the company, we’re debating should we go for an AE port on 3DS? Should we skip that and go straight to Street Fighter x Tekken? There are a lot of things up in the air, so I can’t say for sure what our next 3DS project will be

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
He's a Mario character through and through. He's never been in any Wario game.
Well, I've seen people suggest that he's part of Wario's series?

In any case, I believe he still has a chance despite Bowser Jr. or Toad, like I said a "Dark Horse".

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, I've seen people suggest that he's part of Wario's series?

In any case, I believe he still has a chance despite Bowser Jr. or Toad, like I said a "Dark Horse".

I recall posting a quote from Sakurai about Waluigi, something along the lines of "He didn't show up playable. . . BUT HERE HE IS ANYWAYS! :troll:"

He was referring to the AT of course. The quote sounded totally trollish to me. Like, he knows Waluigi sucks.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He should have his own franchise, with his own wreching crew themed costume

OmegaXXII

I recall posting a quote from Sakurai about Waluigi, something along the lines of "He didn't show up playable. . . BUT HERE HE IS ANYWAYS! :troll:"

He was referring to the AT of course. The quote sounded totally trollish to me. Like, he knows Waluigi sucks.
Did he say this in the DOJO? Do you you have the quote on you?

@Oasis:Seems I took them for granted, dumb people. :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The fact that he’s an Assist Trophy means he won’t be appearing as a playable character, but... Waluigi appears nonetheless!
Sounds like a polite "TOO BAD. Waluigi Time"

Looks like this time Oasis_Shortshorts beat me to it. . .

Wouldn't Waluigi be competing with Ridley. They're both very purple and very lanky.

PERFECT TRAILER.

*Scene opens, looking at the glaring sun. Slowly, something comes into focus, it starts out as a black dot, but slowly grows. The fanboys start cheering as Ridley lands and flaps hi- The camera pans over to Waluigi shaking his finger.

"Too Bad, Waluigi time."

Epic music flashes to the SSB logo, and the trailer is over.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wouldn't Waluigi be competing with Ridley. They're both very purple and very lanky.

@Shortie: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Luni

Smash Rookie
I think Ridley needs to worry more about beating animal crosser to make it in. :p

Shortie that is the best trailer idea I've ever heard of lol. I really don't think the two are competing with each other though to be perfectly honest

OmegaXXII

Sounds like a polite "TOO BAD. Waluigi Time"

Looks like this time Oasis_Shortshorts beat me to it. . .
Seems to me that Sakurai is giving us the impression that he'll never be playable, however that was the case when Lucas was introduced saying something along the lines like "there was a time where......Ness was....." implying Ness wouldn't return however he actually did, while I hate Waluigi because he looks like a :troll: I have a gut feeling he's going to be in, I don't support him but that's what I think anyway.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

@Shortie: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I KNOW! It deserves that MANY A's!

Such a beautiful opening trailer.

I have a gut feeling he's going to be in, I don't support him but that's what I think anyway.
No, I have a similar feeling with King K. Rool. So I know what you mean. I just, really don't see K. Rool happening.

OmegaXXII

*Scene opens, looking at the glaring sun. Slowly, something comes into focus, it starts out as a black dot, but slowly grows. The fanboys start cheering as Ridley lands and flaps hi- The camera pans over to Waluigi shaking his finger.

"Too Bad, Waluigi time."

Epic music flashes to the SSB logo, and the trailer is over.
I must say, this would be so epic! :cool:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Butbut... I meant... >:

Would it be better if Ridley's silhouette inexplicably became Waluigi instead. "HOW DID... WHAT? NO. NOOO."
BETTER.

Instead, the camera pans over to Charizard shaking is Finger, and then it pans ever further over to Waluigi, his Trainer, and then he says:

"TOO BAD, POKEMON TRAINER WALUIGI TIME"

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
When the SSB4 title screen comes up, Waluigi will be in the corner crotch chopping. With each chop a little "Too big!" pops up.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I don't have nothing against Waluigi, but I would rather have Toad (1st pick). Followed by Bowser Jr. Pretty much, Waluigi would be my 3rd pick of a Mario series rep.

Luni

Smash Rookie
I don't know jack about it but what about the main character from the world ends with you? I heard something about it getting a sequel on the 3ds. Nevermind dumb question its made by square

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
When the SSB4 title screen comes up, Waluigi will be in the corner crotch chopping. With each chop a little "Too big!" pops up.
SSB4 ends up just being a loop video of Waluigi crotch chopping to Single Ladies.

I don't know jack about it but what about the main character from the world ends with you? I heard something about it getting a sequel on the 3ds.
You just reminded me!! HE'S BEEN CONFIRMED TO APPEAR IN KHDDD! :D

I don't have nothing against Waluigi, but I would rather have Toad (1st pick). Followed by Bowser Jr. Pretty much, Waluigi would be my 3rd pick of a Mario series rep.
I never want him to be a playable character ever. He doesn't even deserve the AT spot. Kamek, or Daisy could have done a better job.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
So, my question here is......

Is Waluigi considered part of Mario or Wario? I'm aware he isn't canon but I guess side game count?

Mario Party has a canon. I'm dead serious. Each Mario Party has a canon winner. Wario won the first Mario Party & that's all I can remember because it's fairly stupid. I can only assume everything is canon in Mario.

People say that Waluigi should be in a main series Mario game, but if you think back, when was the last time WARIO was in a Mario game? (SM64DS & Yoshi's Island DS don't count (remake & Yoshi title))

It's less of Waluigi never being in a game and more of the fact that Wario hasn't been in a Mario game since before Waluigi even existed. When Wario makes his comeback, I can guarentee he'll bring Waluigi with him

To answer your question, according to Sakurai, Waluigi is a Mario Series character: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist14.html
Note the
icon

OmegaXXII

♥ Hmm...so you're saying that if we do indeed get a so called sequel for Wario; Waluigi would be in it? I guess it makes sense since someone did mention a rumor about Wario Land 6 having Waluigi, but of course people said it was fake, I'm not sure if Mario Party even counts as canon games though.

♥ EDIT: Okay, so it seems he's actually from the Mario franchise, interesting, hmm...I believe Toad and Bowser Jr. stand in his way big time then.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Not really. Wolf is a Final Smash and four Specials away from being completely unique. Lucas is a worse case. Personally, if I had to cut Brawl vets (which I would prefer not to do), Lucas (and Toon Link) would be the top of the chopping block.
Still, he was a semi-clone, I feel that that's unnecessary since Falco is already a semi-clone of Fox.

Maybe Sora'll declone him in Smash 4, I just don't really like him in Brawl, that's all.

? EDIT: Okay, so it seems he's actually from the Mario franchise, interesting, hmm...I believe Toad and Bowser Jr. stand in his way big time then.
I concur with this statement. Unless Wario Land 6 is announced soon. Or we could get both Toad or Waluigi (sorry, but I don't believe Bowser Jr. has as great of a chance as a lot of people think, even though I think he'd be a cool cat for Smash).

Butbut... I meant... >:

Would it be better if Ridley's silhouette inexplicably became Waluigi instead. "HOW DID... WHAT? NO. NOOO."
lol :laugh:

You know what I think? I think Sakurai may have a particular fondness of Luigi. I don't know why or how, but I think he does.

M. BISON TIME :seuss:

Aww yeah

OmegaXXII

But, still, he was a semi-clone, I feel that it was unnecessary since Falco is already a semi-clone of Fox.

Maybe Sora'll declone him in Smash 4, I just don't really like him in Brawl, that's all.

I concur with this statement. Unless Wario Land 6 is announced soon. Or we could get both Toad or Waluigi (sorry, but I don't believe Bowser Jr. has as great of a chance as a lot of people think, even though I think he'd be a cool cat for Smash).

lol :laugh:

You know what I think? I think Sakurai may have a particular fondness of Luigi. I don't know why or how, but I think he does.

M. BISON TIME :seuss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_F6BhAAbvo&feature=related

♥ Yeah, I agree that Wolf should definetly become more diverse from both Fox and Falco, heck even Falco should do it as well, the series would be better off like that or just cut if Sakurai isn't willing to make Wolf unique, in this case I would support Krystal solely because of uniqueness she would bring in terms of movesets.

Well, about the Bowser Jr. thing I believe he is very likely to appear, unless you are being biased towards him, tell me why he doesn't stand so much of a chance as you claim.

And that M.Bison is too good, I love, kudos to you for that referance. <33

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
? Yeah, I agree that Wolf should definetly become more diverse from both Fox and Falco, heck even Falco should do it as well, the series would be better off like that or just cut if Sakurai isn't willing to make Wolf unique, in this case I would support Krystal solely because of uniqueness she would bring in terms of movesets.

Well, about the Bowser Jr. thing I believe he is very likely to appear, unless you are being biased towards him, tell me why he doesn't stand so much of a chance as you claim.

And that M.Bison is too good, I love, kudos to you for that referance. <33

I'll admit I'm probably just being biased. I don't really know much about Jr. other than the Mario and Sonic Olympic Games and his paintbrush. Could you elaborate on why you think he is likely for Smash?

My initial reaction to Falco's FS in Brawl:

Falco: "Personally, I prefer da air!"

Me: "Aww hell yeah Arwing time!"

*A Landmaster soon appears*

Me:

And lol thanks, I love M. Bison, probably the only reason I even like SF lol.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ah lovely! Final Fantasy X is one of my favourite FF games, probably becase it was the first of them i played. Ahh, that good old playstation 2 ^^

OmegaXXII

I'll admit I'm probably just being biased. I don't really know much about Jr. other than the Mario and Sonic Olympic Games and his paintbrush. Could you elaborate on why you think he is likely for Smash?

My initial reaction to Falco's FS in Brawl:

Falco: "Personally, I prefer da air!"

Me: "Aww hell yeah Arwing time!"

*A Landmaster soon appears*

Me:

And lol thanks, I love M. Bison, probably the only reason I even like SF lol.

♥ Good question, this is why I think Bowser Jr. merits a roster spot, he's a prominent character and main antagonist that has appeared in alot of main stream games as of late, mainly the Super Mario Galaxy series and he has also appeared in MKWii which both are Nintendo biggest and best selling games as of late, given the fact that he's also very relevant helps his chances even further, also you have to consider the fact that he was on Sakurai's poll and he was much demanded during the Brawl hype, seeing as he has relevance and popularity based on his reputation I believe this will further determine whether or not Sakurai is willing to consider him which is very likely because he has alot going for him, however Toad has much of a chance as well and given his demand in Japan he could very much be in instead of Toad, the way I see them both is if Sakurai does expand the Mario franchise to 6 slots or simply does universal rosters; meaning Toad could be on the 3DS while Bowser Jr. would be on the other, it's a possibility to be seen.

As for Falco Final Smash, yeah Arwings is what I was expecting when he said "Personally. I prefer the air" then when I saw landmaster I was like "WTF!! What is this ****!!! :grin:

Yeah, M.Bison is one of my favorite villains of all time, considering I play alot of Street Fighter Alpha as a child. :cool:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
If Falco gets an Arwing, would Wolf get Wolfen or should Falco not get an Arwing?

I can't wait for Versus 13 and Type 0 :D Especially VS13 it looks like the gameplay is similar to KH

Wait KH? On 3DS? Do you think there's gonna be a link to a fight version of Dearly Beloved? HYPE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom