• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW RUMOR: Roster Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
*sniff* No... Lucario....? :(

"Animal Crossing Villager"? Please tell me this is not what he will be called.

Ugh... K.Rool....

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Gladly:

Better?

What I was implying was the phrase "up until now" bears nothing AGAINST something being in Brawl. "Up until now" can also have a correlation with "That won't change in Brawl," and doesn't need to be said.

For example. With the combo update. It features "up until now" and we know that's those type of combos are going to be in Brawl... because it's been stated that it won't change.

So how can you safely assume that because "up until now" is featured in the Lucas update that it means Ness WON'T be in Brawl? Misinterpretation is why. Not because of Nate's, but because of ours.

"So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series."

What do you get from that? Tell me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If he wanted to add some more hyped characters why not just throw in Lucario for good measure. I doubt all of the Pokemon are from the first generation and that Pokemon didn't gain any characters from Melee, it merely stayed the same.

Sakurai will throw an unpredictable character at us, be it Sukapon, Lololo, Nester, or Chibi we'll get something random.

Seriously, Lololo actually has a chance now that the kirby reps are all but confirmed as starters :p
It's Lolo, not lololo, and it wouldn't be added as a Kirby character...

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I count 40.... (not including Sheik and ZSSamus) That sounds reasonable. I dunno....
Ness is in, and he is a clone of Lucas.

TRUE:
Realistic roster

FALSE:
No proof
"Animal Crossing Villager"
Sheik and Zamus are listed as seperate characteres.
WW Link will look very weird next to the rest of the Brawl characters...

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Youre right!
Taking things out of context DOES change meaning!

This thread is hopeless.
Out before close.

It isn't taking things out of context, it is comparing the grammatical structure of a sentence which supposedly "deconfirms" Ness with that of one that does not nothing but count as introduction to a button tap update. No difference. One didn't deconfirm anything, so the second one automatically DOES deconfirm something?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I count 40.... (not including Sheik and ZSSamus) That sounds reasonable. I dunno....

TRUE:
Realistic roster

FALSE:
No proof
Of course Shiek and Zamus are listed as separate characters...
they would be, and ARE on the site...

WWLink does have an unfortunate Great chance of making it

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I don't liike it. I hope it is false.

Olimar=yay
AC Human=yay
Isaac=yay

K.Rool=boo
WW Link=boo
Lack of Lucario=boo

goodkid

Smash Lord
I don't believe this is the roster. There aren't enough females, and I know Sakurai wanted to add more than Krystal. What about Miciah, Captain Syrup, and Midna. I don't think WindWaker Link will make it, considering link has gale bommerang. Link's moveset has represented all of the Link's pretty well and we don't need another form of a character.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace

What I was implying was the phrase "up until now" bears nothing AGAINST something being in Brawl. "Up until now" can also have a correlation with "That won't change in Brawl," and doesn't need to be said.

For example. With the combo update. It features "up until now" and we know that's those type of combos are going to be in Brawl... because it's been stated that it won't change.

So how can you safely assume that because "up until now" is featured in the Lucas update that it means Ness WON'T be in Brawl? Misinterpretation is why. Not because of Nate's, but because of ours.

"So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series."

What do you get from that? Tell me.
Just to bolster the point hear, we are getting Sakurai's words translated into English. There could be a difficult translation that makes it sound awkward as well. It happens all of the time when translating languages.

More on topic, I won't call fake, as I don't have any proof and the list seems plausible, but I won't say it's true yet either. I think we need to let this die for a while and see what happens.

M.K

Level 55

TRUE:
Realistic roster

FALSE:
No proof
Oh right, and I suppose Squirtle and Zelda look like twins. -.-

Good roster, it seems cool, but seriously, how can anyone trust this? I'm not saying it's fake, but there is that feeling...

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I feel that this is fake...

And I really hope it is. I mean, I have nothing against the characters predicted but the list just feels..... lacking..... I dunno like it lacks diversity.

It's just flat.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Just like Mr Game and Watch right?
No, because Game & Watch was still the same "style" as the Melee characters, just 2-D. Link is totally different, cel-shaded, which would look even weirder next to Brawl's graphics.

NDUDE

Smash Ace

TRUE:
Realistic roster

FALSE:
No proof
- No proof = rumor, hence the warning at the top of the post...
- Animal Crossing will have a fighter. I mean, we have freakin' Pokémon Trainer, might as well add a villager (golden axe, biznatch!).
- A lot of people list them as separate characters. It's just easier since they are technically different fighters.
- Do realize how many different art styles are being mixed together? Just Mario and Link should be a big enough clue.

</rebuttal'd>

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I don't believe this is the roster. There aren't enough females, and I know Sakurai wanted to add more than Krystal. What about Miciah, Captain Syrup, and Midna. I don't think WindWaker Link will make it, considering link has gale bommerang. Link's moveset has represented all of the Link's pretty well and we don't need another form of a character.
You do know link has more tools than a boomernag, bow and bombs right?

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Cel-shaded Link is easily done in any graphic style. Flat shading isn't exactly the most complex of graphic touches.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
what happened to the idea of more third party characters sakurai said a few days ago?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't believe this is the roster. There aren't enough females, and I know Sakurai wanted to add more than Krystal. What about Miciah, Captain Syrup, and Midna.
I think the roster is actually very realistic. Sakurai never said the roster would be overloaded with females.

I don't think WindWaker Link will make it, considering link has gale bommerang. Link's moveset has represented all of the Link's pretty well and we don't need another form of a character.
I do. Not that I support him, but the chances are (how unfortunate it may be) high. The gale boomerang is in Twilight Princess, and Link's moveset seems to be pulled completely from TP, making him the actual TP Link. I used to think that the Link in SSB collectively represented all Links from the Zelda series, but that's not the truth.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I feel that this is fake...

And I really hope it is. I mean, I have nothing against the characters predicted but the list just feels..... lacking..... I dunno like it lacks diversity.

It's just flat.
That's exactly how I feel. It seems unsurprising, and we were hoping for "WTF?s" and surprises. Maybe because everybody has predicted these characters for forever.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Oh right, and I suppose Squirtle and Zelda look like twins. -.-

Good roster, it seems cool, but seriously, how can anyone trust this? I'm not saying it's fake, but there is that feeling...
It is fake everyone knows that nad the guy who made it said it himself it's fake.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Lie, def. The guy is just adding the most supported characters to make it 35, which we know is too small for a game with 10 gameplay hours. And I know for almost CERTAIN the final boss will be playable (probably Prime...err...Ancient Minister, unless Sakurai does another Kirby's Adventure on us), for this game is too big to not have a totally new character......Though Primids also could be characters.

My point is, there's nothing new. no WTF characters, nobody original (besides Olimar), just everybody with an 80% chance or above of being in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
what happened to the idea of more third party characters sakurai said a few days ago?
I don't think you people realize...

MORE = at least 1 inclusion

Megaman = 1...Oh, that's MORE

More females, Zamus...that's 1...Technically the same person, but LISTED as a different character...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That's exactly how I feel. It seems unsurprising, and we were hoping for "WTF?s" and surprises. Maybe because everybody has predicted these characters for forever.
The Final Roster will probably be exactly like this. No real surprises. We here at Smash Boards have basically searched for every possible "WTF?" character, therefore it's very likely that it will be somebody we've already looked into and won't be as surprised.

This roster is fine by me. All of the best veterans return (I wish Roy would return, but I have to accept it isn't happening.), and we have Isaac! What more could I ask for? Isaac is the best character for the game. He alone makes the roster complete IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom