• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pockyD

Smash Legend
we could look into booking rooms in scaife or porter or something =)

i have no idea how it works or how much it would cost though

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Well, i actualy have 2 rooms that we can use. I just haven't checked out the other one right beside the confrence room because i never really needed to. It kinda comes with the confrence room. So i'll check it out and get back to ya.

I'll give it at least a month + for notice.

pockyD

Smash Legend
we're not going to draw well unless we can guarantee a certain level of attendance

honestly, our tendency overall has been towards flakiness; if we want to draw, we need most everyone to make a commitment to be there instead of a 'wait-and-see' approach -_-

so i mean if anyone has scheduling input now's the time to give it

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
If I knew about this tourney early enough to call off work the four of us (MCC) would come for sure, and I could also ride one more person if this helps, unless Rob drives too but that would be doubtful.

A-Laon

Smash Master
God ****, I'm having trouble keeping up with all these near-future events. I need a good calendar.

Anyway, the only issue I can even possibly see with my attendence to another one of our monthlies would be if it were scheduled post April 29th, as my rides would be potentially jeopardized. Outside of that, count me in.

EDIT: Okay, I lied... there's the potential that I may still need a ride depending on the date. Most likely I'm good, though.

And another big thanks to Naka for once more setting this all up.

No money or favors will be exchanged. My post was actually just an excuse to make fun of your facial hair, masked in layer upon layer of self-deprecation.

Sucker

</3 A_Laon
I've sat here for what's quite possibly fifteen straight minutes now, attempting to construct a clever and witty response to this statement. After countless failures at approaching your comment in a combative manner, I've finally settled with the acknowledgement that any sentence I made would have been rather rediculous and instead just decided to insist that I still <3 you anyway.

<3 Cowboyardee

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys... not to end this lovely stream of conversation, but this is the PA Player Finder thread. We kinda have our own. Pretty soon Pittsburgh will be know for its great thread spaming in addition to our amazing smash reputation.

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
Eh, Pittsburgh's in Pennsylvania.

So, uh, I've been planning a crew battle up here for a few months to take place in around the same time frame as the one you guys (SCS) are discussing. So, do you want to try to combine efforts and have one big tournament? If that's the case, we need to talk sometime... For a venue, we could either use this alleged "YMCA" of yours or our place.

YMCA has the advantage of being close to the players in Pgh, and also proximity to other stuff in the city. Our venue (the place we've had our last 2 tourneys at), is free, large & comfortable with stay-overnight-ability for $5/person. Also PROBABLY free food and definitely cheap drinks. We have a nice projector and at least 4 other TVs. There's wireless cable interwebs and a restaurant next door.

Let me know. This should be awesome.

pdk

Smash Lord
better yet, see if we can have the people hosting tourneys in each venue take pictures for comparison

A-Laon

Smash Master
Our venue (the place we've had our last 2 tourneys at), is free, large & comfortable with stay-overnight-ability for $5/person. Also PROBABLY free food and definitely cheap drinks. We have a nice projector and at least 4 other TVs. There's wireless cable interwebs and a restaurant next door.
You've made me salivate.

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
Transportation would be the one HUGE downside of hosting it up here. YMCAs are generally well-kept and have a big rec room to hang out in. How much is it to have an event there?

In other news, here's a shot from inside our venue looking at the projector screen all set up. This picture was taken from about halfway down the main room (it used to be a church) so you can imagine the size of the place. We have couches.
http://aycu34.webshots.com/image/10233/2005673916612403992_rs.jpg

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
I've been to both venues... the room we had at the YMCA was about 1/4 the size of the room out at SitC.

pockyD

Smash Legend
lol so here's the deal

the 16A (which is the bus we took to sewickley last time) runs all the way to aliquippa, which is less than 10 minutes driving from monaca (which is where i understand the bigger venue is)

so if someone is willing to run some sort of shuttle service (lol) from the site to the bus stop, it could work out

thoughts?

also if we do decide to go through with this, we shouldn't pitch it as a crew battle, lest that discourage people who aren't in a crew from attending, but we should mention that crew battles will go down =)

Renth

Smash Hero
Gier try to set the tourn for early-mid april.

Swiftbass Team with me.

Edit: yes make a new thread the spamming here is getting ridiculous..
Venues make no difference to me so long there's room to move about.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I agree with what Pocky's saying and think that we should also post on the Ohio forums and just generally spread the word. I think bigger venue is definately better, but I think it's probably better if we don't spam this thread. New thread anyone?

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I didn't notice until now, but I really shouldn't be letting you guys triple posting the information. Sorry folks.

*secret bump to your thread >_>*

pockyD

Smash Legend
about what? unless we do rankings or something, there shouldn't be any 'discussion' since it's just a finder; do we want to argue about what constitutes certain regions of pennsylvania and where certain counties should be?

pdk

Smash Lord
do we want to argue about what constitutes certain regions of pennsylvania and where certain counties should be?
i do!

anyway, might as well join this thing sooner than later:

no crew
pdk - active
aim: sirdiekthx | email: sir.pdk@gmail.com
no cell # | current age: 16
mains: just ask the folks in steel city smash ; )
if you want to hit me up just go to one of the duq weeklies for now, transit should become easier soon though

_umbra_

Smash Champion
about what? unless we do rankings or something, there shouldn't be any 'discussion' since it's just a finder; do we want to argue about what constitutes certain regions of pennsylvania and where certain counties should be?
I think he meant that more people should post their info... No one in NEPA outside of my crew has posted yet lol

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
can you add this to my profile

i got a new cell my number is 717-341-7491 now if you wanna come and play you can get in touch with me whenever.

Fafnir_Ragnaros

Smash Apprentice
-Name: Fafnir_Ragnaros -or- OdinTheGrand
-Active, Crewless
-Email: ragnarokyggdrasil@hotmail.com
-Aim: OdinTheGrand
-Mains: Samus, Marth, Kirby, Link
-Secondaries: Bowser, Dr. Mario, Fox, Roy

Hit me up sometime for a match or two or thirty.

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
Aggh... I hate school. Between that, my senior project, work, internet troubles, and other junk, I've had absolutely NO time for anything lately. I managed to put up Fafnir Ragnaros and pdk. When I get home from school today (at 10:00pm ish) I'll try to update the thread a bit more completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom