• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocity

Smash Lord
i dont know what player gave pittsburgh such a bad name but its stupid. Me and my friends just drove 2 and a half hours to play in a tournament in ohio with vidjogamer, so we definitly do travel. In the last tournament we had a player from pittsburgh beat renth to get 1st, and you guys said he is in the top 10. I also gaurantee that swiftbass could really give you guys some troubles
no offense to swift bass he is what i think is one of the b est smashers out their and with alot of potenial i havent played him inawhile but last time i did i beat him twice in tourny and 4 stocked him in a round so do gaurantee anything about another player

hopefully hes gotten better and will beat my *** at cat 3

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
no offense to swift bass he is what i think is one of the b est smashers out their and with alot of potenial i havent played him inawhile but last time i did i beat him twice in tourny and 4 stocked him in a round so do gaurantee anything about another player

hopefully hes gotten better and will beat my *** at cat 3

Lmao. Translation.

No offense to SwiftBass. I think he's one of the best smashers out there in Pitt and has a lot of potential. I haven't played him in a while but last time I played him, I beat him twice in tourny and 4 stocked him in a round, so don't guarantee anything about another player. Hopefully he's gotten better and will beat my *** at Cat3.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Lmao. Translation.

No offense to SwiftBass. I think he's one of the best smashers out there in Pitt and has a lot of potential. I haven't played him in a while but last time I played him, I beat him twice in tourny and 4 stocked him in a round, so don't guarantee anything about another player. Hopefully he's gotten better and will beat my cheese covered *** at Cat3.
lmao

Cactuar ftw :laugh:

D

Deleted member

cactuar's *** is routinely covered in cotton unless I'm mistaken.

swiftbass is a contradiction to smash. black people don't play fox >_>

edit: mike you got pretty close to another 4 stock match in doc vs fox. I call rematch.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
haha I think about that sometimes, like most of black smashers I know play samus/peach or something like that. But I dont know/ have yet to have hear about any who play that play fox.

no cata mow?

D

Deleted member

haha I think about that sometimes, like most of black smashers I know play samus/peach or something like that. But I dont know/ have yet to have hear about any who play that play fox.

no cata mow?
nein. ich gehe zur schule.

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the PA smashers for entertaining me in the past 15 minutes as I read this re-invigorated thread on the hotly debated topic of rankings and who sucks and who doesn't. As the pages unfolded and the argument nearly reached its climactic peak, I was about to burst outta my pants and grab my GC controller out of self-defense. Alas, I saw nothing but a couple grumbles here and there, with the conversation taking a turn towards PA love and more or less ending with a simple "Pittsburgh sucks."

As a silent participant of the Pittsburgh Smash Scene I couldn't help but sag my shoulders in defeat, knowing if I had SIMPLY LOGGED INTO SMASHBOARDS DAILY THIS PAST WEEK, my extra forum posts and I could have possibly turned the tides in this fierce online battle of words, in hopes of reaching a possible ALTERnate ending of "Pittsburgh is average at BEST." Fahk me, never again will I let the joys and highs of real life activities and beer deter me from perusing the posts of smashboards.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the PA smashers for entertaining me in the past 15 minutes as I read this re-invigorated thread on the hotly debated topic of rankings and who sucks and who doesn't. As the pages unfolded and the argument nearly reached its climactic peak, I was about to burst outta my pants and grab my GC controller out of self-defense. Alas, I saw nothing but a couple grumbles here and there, with the conversation taking a turn towards PA love and more or less ending with a simple "Pittsburgh sucks."

As a silent participant of the Pittsburgh Smash Scene I couldn't help but sag my shoulders in defeat, knowing if I had SIMPLY LOGGED INTO SMASHBOARDS DAILY THIS PAST WEEK, my extra forum posts and I could have possibly turned the tides in this fierce online battle of words, in hopes of reaching a possible ALTERnate ending of "Pittsburgh is average at BEST." Fahk me, never again will I let the joys and highs of real life activities and beer deter me from perusing the posts of smashboards.
lol, <3 Kwalk. Fahk real life dawg, we need some more CMU smashers repping it at Duq.

pockyD

Smash Legend
smashboards is the best

on slightly less related news i have two exams on 5/11, including one at night so it's unlikely i can make nepa3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
smashboards is the best

on slightly less related news i have two exams on 5/11, including one at night so it's unlikely i can make nepa3
tell your proffesor that you simply must go somewhere important (wedding, funeral, ect. . . ) and then take it early so you can make Nepa3. On a similar note, tell me that said exam is not for Feedback, because if it is, I'll be sorely upset.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i just looked at this nepa3 event and i have to say i wouldn't miss it for the world. Who all from duquesne is going? maybe we can car pool?

pockyD

Smash Legend
tell your proffesor that you simply must go somewhere important (wedding, funeral, ect. . . ) and then take it early so you can make Nepa3. On a similar note, tell me that said exam is not for Feedback, because if it is, I'll be sorely upset.

feedback is on tuesday 5/8... i have AI and webapps

if someone can work out transportation that includes me, i'd look into trying to reschedule my night exam (my morning one finishes at 11:30 so i can probably take it then leave)

but i mean if i have no way of getting there anyway, i'm not going to bother

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
Initial reaction: I usually check smashboards about once a week, and since last time I was on here, 4 new pages have popped up. Sometimes when I come here, there isn't a new post for weeks. Wow.

Minor news: The pandas and I have called it quits for Smash possibly pending the release of Brawl. I will however still try to retain some level of activity with this thread's upkeep/such. I don't want this statement to be incorrectly perceived as arrogance on our part; we know we all suck horribly at smash. We're not trying to "retire" here. What this is could more correctly be described as a 17-year-old dropping out of high school. </emo>

Side note: Is anyone still planning to come to CrEVV/SitC3? 'Cos if not, I say screw it. We had exactly 9 people enter at SitC2. [a href="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94008&highlight=crevv"]Check it out.[/a]
Basically the same stuff, except for the GGPD vs SCS garbage Twindreams posted.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i was planning on going so if its not happening let me us know. Twin dreams quit too?

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
But I <3 you!
Then is it too much too ask that you let me beat your falco just ONCE?
Here, it'll be easy. You just SD four times... you might even only need to do it three times. Mumble some angry curses like I somehow mindgamesed you into doing all those phantasms off the edge.

And then afterwards while I'm dancing around arrhythmically in celebration, you simply allow me to pretend that the blush spreading beneath the wispy hair of your cheeks is embarassment for yourself and not me.

Honestly now, who doesn't either love or <3 cowboyardee!? I'm pretty sure now it just goes without saying ;) .
I love you cowboyardee:grin: ........
But I <3 you!

So much love!! I'm starting to feel like Isai, if Isai sucked at smash.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Then is it too much too ask that you let me beat your falco just ONCE?
Here, it'll be easy. You just SD four times... you might even only need to do it three times. Mumble some angry curses like I somehow mindgamesed you into doing all those phantasms off the edge.

And then afterwards while I'm dancing around arrhythmically in celebration, you simply allow me to pretend that the blush spreading beneath the wispy hair of your cheeks is embarassment for yourself and not me.
I think this can be done... for the right price.

D

Deleted member

GGPD could have a tournament this summer, I'd be highly inclined to go.

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
Twilight
X - We can't play other people since it's only us who play
AIM: BOOTSANDBIZKETS
Cell#: 215-764-0904
I like ssbm and anime

Twilight
Okita - We can't play other people since it's only us who play
AIM: Gensai Hitokiri
I like ssbm and anime
We are in philly and upper darby, sorry people

pdk

Smash Lord
Twilight
X - We can't play other people since it's only us who play
AIM: BOOTSANDBIZKETS
I like ssbm and anime

Twilight
Okita - We can't play other people since it's only us who play
AIM: Gensai Hitokiri
I like ssbm and anime
this is about as purposeful as adding yourself as Anonymous and saying you live in /b/

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys!!

I'm back, after a long absence on these boards. XD

Anyway, I want everyone to know that my skills with Pikachu have GREATLY improved.

I mean, seriously, every Saturday at my dorms, we've been having Weekly Rankings matches. I'm still on the "Wannabe's" section currently, however, I plan to make it to C-Rank very soon.

Anyway, here's our current list:

http://www.smash.ripethings.com/wp-content/images/ranking-list.jpg

Oh, and by the way, if anyone wants to play Smash against me sometime, let me know. You can PM me or something. ^_^

pockyD

Smash Legend
i looked up your school and it appears as if it's downtown?

if that's the case, it's only like 2-3 blocks away from duquesne, so you should look into coming to our weeklies on fridays

and if not i'm sure a few of us wouldn't mind going down there some saturday to play against some new competition (unless we aren't allowed to participate in your weeklies =) )

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
I've never been to Duquesne before, so I don't know where it is......

And yes, AIP is downtown.

However, I'm not sure if any of you guys would be able to come down here and participate in the Rankings matches. I think only AIP students are allowed in the Activity Room (rec room) where the matches take place.

It didn't used to be like that though. I think the stupid RA's changed the rules, so that guests were not allowed in the room.

And by the way, sure, if I had someone to go with me (because I don't know where it's at), I 'd like to go to the Duquesne Weeklies. I'm free on Friday nights after 9:30/10:00 PM (I go to my school's anime club, and our anime shows usually aren't over until around 9:30 or 10:00).

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
at 930 or 1000, the duquesne smash stuff is usually in the end stages, with only a handful of people left (maybe). If you let people know you were coming in advance, there'd likely be a few willing to stick around and play when you got there.

There's also a bunch of other pittsburgh stuff -- naka's (monthly?) tournaments and semi-regular semi-boycotted tournaments at the cyberconxion in squirrel hill.

But anyway, this friday, duquesne is closed. So do not come. However, those of us still in the burgh will just be sitting around this week with no one/where to smash. As such, if you're looking for any play this week, I'm sure something can be arranged.

I think this can be done... for the right price.
No money or favors will be exchanged. My post was actually just an excuse to make fun of your facial hair, masked in layer upon layer of self-deprecation.

Sucker

</3 A_Laon

pockyD

Smash Legend
on that note i'm pretty sure i'm done with cybercon; with pot **** and low turnouts (because we always beat the crap out of everybody), plus terrible scheduling and dull projectors, the pot isn't any bigger and the tournament dosen't go any faster than if we just ran a small friendly event elsewhere (where we also don't get the boot 5 mins after it ends)

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you do, i recommend early-mid april; a march tournament may be too short notice at this point

i also recommend saturday (if you want to try to pull out of towners), but most of all, i recommend settling it quickly so we can start advertising =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom