• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Nintendo Lawsuit

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
As much as I've come to hate Nintendo in recently, I gonna have to side with Nintendo on this one. What Anascape Ltd. is doing is Bull****. Why sue now when the GameCube controller is over seven years old? Why wait when they could have been demanding royalties back when Nintendo first released the WaveBird? And who says that Nintendo could not have developed these technologies on their own?

Overload

Smash Lord
As much as I've come to hate Nintendo in recently, I gonna have to side with Nintendo on this one. What Anascape Ltd. is doing is Bull****. Why sue now when the GameCube controller is over seven years old? Why wait when they could have been demanding royalties back when Nintendo first released the WaveBird? And who says that Nintendo could not have developed these technologies on their own?
They see that the wii prints money so they want some

Program

Smash Apprentice
I think they waited for Nintendo's market to slide slightly, then moved in for the kill. However, Who is Anascape? To me it looks like an ant trying to kill an elephant, a crippled, dying elephant.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Other websites (I don't feel like looking for it now) have confirmed that all Wii accesories are not illegal in any way. The Gamecube ones, however, will most likely be banned. Stock up now.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
:ohwell:How long before they sue atari for the 2600's controller? Sueing this long after the controller comes out is really stupid.
No no no, you see, Atari actually copied Microsoft's Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 in their design. Don't ask me how it happened, but Microsoft busted out some calculus and proved that, yup, it did.

I can see it. They're, uhhh, like twins. Lawsuit pending.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
First they sue Pokemon for somthing stupid and now I'm hearing they are trying to sue Nintendo for a Wavebird Wireless?!?! This world is CONFUSING!!!

Darkslash

Smash Master
And lets Sue nintendo for Using Luigi for taking it from a Pizza store.

In all kidding aside

This is stupid. If they are suing the new Gamecube Controller i can understand about .000000001%

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Let's sue them for stealing Mario's name from a real guy named Mario.
Ironically, they actually did. The NoA landord's name is (was?) Mario, so Nintendo named him that instead of Jumpman because of the likeness between the two.

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
What do we think is next? Microsoft sues Nintendo because they stole the point system from them? This is insain that people sue because they "stole" there idea where is some cases it's not even close.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ironically, they actually did. The NoA landord's name is (was?) Mario, so Nintendo named him that instead of Jumpman because of the likeness between the two.
WTH! O_o are you serious that someone would go to such lenghts that they would sue Nintendo over a name? now that's going a bit out of hand

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Anascape is also suing Microsoft over the Xbox's controller, so it's not just Nintendo they're going after.
Microsoft and Anascape settled prior to them bringing the new accusations on Nintendo. They seem to move one company at a time.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This is why I'm glad I live in Canada, ******** lawsuits don't happen.
You really should change your Location to: Octoroks, Alberta, Canada.

Aside from that, this is total bull, not that it's fake, but that it's multivalently ridiculous. There's nothing about the situation that I can find reasonable at all, unless it's some far fetched scheme entirely planned by Nintendo to void all Gamecube and Classic Controller accessories so everyone will conform to the Wiimote. But that's ridiculous itself.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I lol'd at the guy who sued himself from prison to try and get the state to pay it.

Ugh, I live in a nation filled with the most incompetent people, I swear. At least we've escaped having a completely incompetent leader. I'm not talking about Bush, either (who I don't mind as a president).

PCHU

Smash Lord
So, what's happening?
I seem to be the only one who doesn't see what's happening.
But, by reading posts, I would say this is rather stupid.

What's up with people suing others?
Don't they have enough money as it is?
And I like my Gamecube controller.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Wow... just wow...

I laughed so hard at the guy who sued the hospital after HE ***** a patient.

I swear... I live in the stupidest nation on earth...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
WTH! O_o are you serious that someone would go to such lenghts that they would sue Nintendo over a name? now that's going a bit out of hand
I was referring to them naming Mario after somebody. Nintendo didn't get sued over that.

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
What the heck!

All of a sudden this company comes out of no were pressing charges against one of the most well known game producers in the world . Sorta fishy.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
*******, the bunch of them! :mad:

...:laugh:

I can't help but be angry, yet I find it so amusing that people would go to such lengths to make money as to sue people for ridiculus reasons.

Vctrx

Smash Cadet
why does it affect the classic controller and the gamecube controllers? wavebird = wireless so sure I guess but the wired ones should be fine; this is really pissing me off. You know how many dam* patents there are for things? I mean microsoft is basically trying to patent the computer AND other software such as web browsers, wt*. As long as crap like this keeps up we can see a halt in technological advancements in the future. You know, if this thing succeeds someone is going to have to take down that place.

btw, if older controllers become inaccessible I'll just make some home shop or something that fixes them. I've already fixed my gamecube controller twice and I'd fix my N64 one all the time.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I lol'd at the guy who sued himself from prison to try and get the state to pay it.

Ugh, I live in a nation filled with the most incompetent people, I swear. At least we've escaped having a completely incompetent leader. I'm not talking about Bush, either (who I don't mind as a president).
I completely agree. You can't do ANYTHING these days without fear of getting sued. And the worst part is, people get greedy and stupid and over something stupid ruin people's lives by suing for all they've got. What's the purpose of that? Why is that necessary? People sue these days not because they should but because they can.

I thought it was really funny (mostly because it's so true) when I was playing a card game (not traditional playing cards) the other day and...to cut a long story short, there was a card in said game that had "Americans" on it, and the caption on it was "How many Americans does it take to screw in a lightbulb? HEY, THAT'S NOT FUNNY, WE'RE SUING!" or something like that.

This is stupid. I'm inclined to agree with whoever said that Anasoft just realized now that the Wii prints money and so they tried to dig up in any way possible a way to get money off of them. And now I want to kill them, because how the heck are we supposed to play real games on Nintendo consoles anymore? Sure there should be tons of people who have GC Controllers and Classic Controllers already, but Nintendo can't rely on that. We're talking about casual gamers here who aren't as into it, probably didn't have a GC Controller before the Wii even came out, and possibly didn't spend time to pick up a Classic Controller. For that matter, what will happen with the VC? Ugh. I don't even want to think about it. How do you even own patents on that kind of stuff? Patents are getting RIDICULOUS. You patent this kind of stuff and you're going to clog markets up and keep them at a standstill because only one group can make something and that basically puts an end to capitalism. Without capitalism, the one company making things has no competition and thus can go on doing as they please, not forced to up the ante for consumers, not forced to keep prices reasonable. This REALLY gets to me, though, because this is going to put a halt to the development of any real controllers anymore. We're going to have to live with sticks to waggle forever. How fun.

blowuptheking

Smash Cadet
I thought it was really funny (mostly because it's so true) when I was playing a card game (not traditional playing cards) the other day and...to cut a long story short, there was a card in said game that had "Americans" on it, and the caption on it was "How many Americans does it take to screw in a lightbulb? HEY, THAT'S NOT FUNNY, WE'RE SUING!" or something like that.
Lol, that sounds like Apples to Apples.
I'm sure that Nintendo will either end up fighting back and win the lawsuit or they'll stop making GC and wavebird controllers (if they haven't already). I guess the bigger question is would they still sell used ones at Gamestop? And I imagine they'll just remake the classic controller. (Perhaps for the better)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Only one thing comes to mind after reading all of this - the Salem witch trials.

Top Bottom