• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Nintendo Lawsuit

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Lol, that sounds like Apples to Apples.
I'm sure that Nintendo will either end up fighting back and win the lawsuit or they'll stop making GC and wavebird controllers (if they haven't already). I guess the bigger question is would they still sell used ones at Gamestop? And I imagine they'll just remake the classic controller. (Perhaps for the better)
I don't think they'd stop selling used GCN controllers at GameStop. Doesn't all the money someone used to buy the used controller company go to the store itself? I don't think it would go to Nintendo, because then it would be like buying the same controller twice. :laugh: When you sell a used game online at ebay or other internet locales, you get the money when someone buys it, Nintendo won't come in and go, "We made this, restitution, so forth and suchwhich, legal mumbo jumbo, something about Wii Fit."

I don't own a Classic controller, mainly because the only Wi-Fi I get is when I go to someone else's houese and use their Wii, so can't comment on that too much.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Nintendo Being Sued Over Patent Infringement
8/21/2008, 8:29am Eastern Time

Nintendo has yet again found itself in the news, but this time its bad news. Just days after reporting chart-topping sales with Wii and DS, Nintendo has yet again found itself the target of a lawsuit.

This particular lawsuit, filed by Rockville, MD technology company Hillcrest Labs, seeks to stop Nintendo from importing Wii into the United States as well as an unspecified amount of cash.

Hillcrest Labs states that it owns the patents that Nintendo uses in its Wii console and Wii Remotes. To prove this, Hillcrest cites four patents that it had filed either in or before 2004. Three of these patents describe accelerometer technology similar to that used in Wii Remotes. The fouth patent describes a graphical menu interface similar to that used in Wii consoles.

Since the filing of this lawsuit with federal court, Hillcrest has said that "While Hillcrest Labs has a great deal of respect for Nintendo and the Wii, Hillcrest Labs believes that Nintendo is in clear violation of its patents and has taken this action to protect its intellectual property rights."

Nintendo has said that "We have not been served with any lawsuit or other action by Hillcrest and therefore have no comment."

The patents in question can be viewed at the following links:

Patent# 7,158,118

Patent# 7,262,760

Patent# 7,414,611

Patent# 7,139,383

Darkslash

Smash Master
a quick search on Google found no website for Anascape. Its all about the Nintendo Lawsuit. Its like these guys popped out of nowhere for the sake of Suing

Top Bottom