• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico's dead sexy power rankings(1/4/2008)

Oh yea? Well, if we fused CO with NM, we'd create the eternally unstoppable smasher. Seriously, no one would be able to beat that guy. He'd be an unstoppable BEAST.

Actually, let's do this:

Erich-Marth, Bowser
Paul-Falco, Fox
Chris-Peach, Shiek
Sinz-???Someone you all will just have to meet tomorrow, eh?*Wink*
Davis-Doctor Mario
Steven-Mewtwo, Captain Falcon
Twin_A-Samus
Ferdi-Ice Climbers
El_Lovo-Link

Now combine all of those characters together, and what do you get?????????? I dunno, you tell me.:lick:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I was about to kill you for posting my character, but then you played safe.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Oh... that's right. Sinz is gonna surprise is with some new character...

Watch it be all, "Alright, double blind..."

Then like... I pick Dr. Mario or something and Sinz picks Giga Bowser. That would suck.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I use Samus Erich. And fine Kyle and Kash. Lets just fuse in ABP's down smash and Samus' missiles and SWD! Top it

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
You forgot to take account that I have +OVER 9000 in owning with everyone ever skill points. So really, the great ownerer of everyone ever is the mighty Fergadîs™

Hahaha, I love how everyone in here has seen DBZ in the past. That's awesome.

Yea sorry twins, I get really confused with you guys' names on the boards. Whatever. Sorry about that.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Lol. Amen to that, man.

Erich, try this. This is how Steven and I remember:

Klink A
Damus 1

Klink A = Kyle who mains Link and is twin A

Damus 1 = David who mains Samus and is twin 1

Hehe.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I have to admit that this is a very original method. My brother and I have heard thousands of ways people remember our names and which one is which but wow. Very creative. 10 points. I should remember that trick for those scary mornings when I wake up and don't see the sign above my bed saying "You are David"! Then I go all day lost and confused not knowing who I am... scary times

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Yeah i wake up not knowing who i am sometimes too. I freak out going "Omg who am I!?" then i see the sign saying "Kyle". I spent the night at a friends house tho, lost myself for a week!

lol that would be depressing.

dude I think your guys' power levels just doubled for that original thinking lol.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
A few things.

Interim, thanks in part to your advice, I 3-stocked ABP at the last tourney (albeit with CF and not Fox, but the mantra of "Play Gay" still rings true).

Secondly, I heard mention earlier of the rankings being updated with the results of the of the September monthly. Is that still gonna happen, or were the results not significant eneough to warrent a change?

Thirdly, Paul, would you kindly change my main symbol to Captain Falcon? Thanks.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Congrats for 3-stocking ABP at the monthly GG and I just changed your symbol.

*Note: If anyone wants me to change their symbol let me know.

I was hoping to update the rankings with the september monthly but after reviewing the results (and a few power ranking matches between some of the players) there really isn't any significant results that warrant a change. There is, however, still HOT debate regarding the placement of the top three players (ABP, Erich, and myself). If there would be any change in the rankings it would involve the top three. Let's take a look back at the last three tournament results:

July 28th local tournament:

1st ABP
2nd Alphabravo
3rd Sinz
4th Erich

August 11th monthly:

1st ABP
2nd Alphabravo
3rd Sinz
4th Erich

September 15th monthly:

1st Alphabravo
2nd Erich
3rd GoldenGlove
4th ABP

Based on these results and the brackets that you and myself provided it is extremely difficult to decide on who is better. The only player who has been consistent in placings for the last few tournaments is myself but ABP has finished 1st place more than I have. Erich is second on the rankings but hasn't been that consistent lately, though he has proved that he can not only beat ABP but destroy him in a match. So as everyone can see it is difficult to say how these three players should be ordered. The safest thing to do would be to wait for the results of one or two more tournaments and then decide.

Of course, I'm always open to the opinions of other players. Everyone let me know what you think and give me your opinion on who should be placed where. Remember, player opinion is very important.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
IMO, the top three right now would go

1. Alphabravo
2. Erich
3. ABP

Of course, I plan on moving in there too. Bwahahahaha

But yeah, like you said, you'd get the most accurate rankings by waiting for the results of another tourney or two, to see who stays consistent, etc. People can deal with their current ranks a little longer.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I need a new controller.

But kudos to everyone, mainly steven your doing alot better.

Btw, get that weird crew match where I decimated up.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Man now I have to compete and pray I can just destroy everyone (wait for laughter). When is the next tournament?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
*sigh* I wish I was going to the 22nd tournament. I need to redeem myself! Johnnylaw did better than me, lol. Represent that Doc, *****.

I think a tournament or two would be good... but personally I think you deserve the highest ranking due to consistency. I think:

1. Alphabravo
2. ABP
3. Erich

I say: WHATEVER. Let's just wait until the next few tourneys, Paul is right. I ***** Chris at this last tournament Marth on Shiek, and I'm confident he won't beat me again. I said it a while back and I FREAKING meant it: ABP will not beat me again, or else you can shoot me. However, again Paul is right, he has been the most consistent placement wise. I have been pretty off the wall lately, so yea. Wait for the next few tourneys, that's the only thing to do. If you wanted, I think the most accurate based on tourneys at this point would be:

1. Alphabravo
2. Erich
3. ABP

But whatever, I'm a biased person, so you know.:laugh::psycho: However, I think it's up for debate on Steven or ABP. I cannot decide on that now though, because he only beat him in one tourney, so if he does it once more, I'll believe it. Go for it GG!!:lick:

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm confident I can beat him again. I'm actually pretty confident I can beat almost anyone, except for maybe Paul, as he was the only person I lost to at the monthly. Unfortunately I won't be at the Sep. 22nd tourney to prove myself, but rest assured that you'll see me step up my game in the coming months.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
no johns, johnny boy.

Golden, I toldja that's how you beat Peach. CF is pretty good at it, too, unless the Peach is both confident as all hell, and decent at the match-up. The moment I doubt myself in CF v Peach, I lose. Hence, Sheik for teh CFs. XD

Props to everyone that's been owning up. I just noticed one problem: your rankings should look more like this.

1) Ferdi
2) LoVo
3) Zeal
4) Yang's Tippers
5) Green Greens

tw1n

Smash Champion
Not until you all compete in more tournaments. Hope to see you on the top 10 soon then. My brother and I will then probably head to CO and take the top two spots from you guys (wait for laugh).

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I wonder what would happen if me and Ferdi combined our powers?

BTW everyone, I was thinking that we (Albuquerque) should challenge Farmington to a crew battle.

Albuquerque vs. Farmington

So we can prove our dominance within New Mexico.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Well, I just want to show that the only city in New Mexico that has decent players is Albuquerque. Every city has there own thing going on right on.

If we do have the crew battle it's up to you who you side with JohnnyLaw.

Top Bottom