• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico's dead sexy power rankings(1/4/2008)

Elmizatron, stop bringing up CRAP in this thread. Talk about smash and stop trying to argue. If you have something important or relevant to say, then say it, but stop quoting stupid things and saying even stupider things.

OK Interim, there is a tournament on the 22nd, but I suggest you just don't come to it, because the host is not advertising at all, and it's kind of late, and there still will be less people than you'd like to see because it's not just for smash. It's for smash, gears of war, and guitar hero 2. Don't come to this one, you won't enjoy it. I will be trying to advertise for him, but we'll see how well I do with 2 weeks. Elmizatron is correct, the tournament you guys are thinking of will be in October, probably late October, cool? Me and Paul are going to plan it this weekend.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
The hype behind this October tournament you're creating is making me giddy, Erich... stooop iiiit *flicks hand*

Even on the internet that was a little too much for me, lol.

I recently read an interview that MLG had with Ken, one of the more extensive interviews they've done with him, and he said something that really got to me:

MLG: ... Do you still consider yourself the best? Or do you feel there are now players who are really on par or even above you?

Ken: To tell you the truth, and not to sound too cocky for all the haters, but no matter what happens, I'll always be considered the best player and I don't think any Smasher can ever take that away from me. I'll still be known as Ken, The king of Smash until the day I die.

Now it may only be me... but when I read that it really irritated me, still does, and frustrates me. When I read it I almost squeezed my volume control on my headphones to little electronic bits, so now I have something more important to me in Smash than just proving I can accomplish what I want, and proving to others that I can do what it takes (such as to everyone in this thread), but to prove to Ken himself! that that is not true! He won't be the King of Smash until he dies, that someone will push him in the dirt and grab that crown from him, making him a distant memory. I swear to God it will happen, and if it has to be, it will be me! Not only will I prove to myself and my friends that I am competent and able, but I will prove Ken himself wrong!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow Kash so moving... So much hatred... Now you just have to pray that you don't suck *** at Brawl when that comes out.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
...*takes a deep breath and manages to ignore Erg*

Now then. Lol, thanks David and Kyle ;).

It's too late for my star to shine brightly enough for anyone to really care in Melee, but come Brawl I will prove something, so help me God!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
The competition with Brawl is going to be 100 times greater than it is with melee. That means it will make your name bigger when you get to the top Kash (again assuming I don't beat you to it). And LoVo next time we see eachother i want to test my link against yours. I havent played as him for a little while but when i picked him up again yesterday i had him moving faster smoother and overall better. I wont flop like i did last time :D

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Hey twin_A are u still coming to the EP this weekend? So i can ow....i mean play you ^_______________^ kek,

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Its funny how Ken loses and he still thinks he's the best. No offense, but the best player right now comes down to three people, KoreanDJ (the most unpredictable), Mew2King (perfect knowledge of game), and PC Chris (mindgames).

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dude, M2K scares the crap out of me. PC and Korean are amazing but M2K should have won OC3.

Scary

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I agree but we haven't seen Korean play since early this year and during that time he ***** everybody.

But seriously, KoreanDJ=unpredictable, random moves that he manages to pull off

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
That's what MLG and Ken said.

Whatever. Soon enough my name will be known by more people than just my state.

Also, yeah. Brawl competition will be a lot more extreme, I think. I'm eagerly anticipate the challenge. I love challenges.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow alot happened this weekend! I ran into Sinz and Erich at a cross country meet at UNM (nice running guys), my brother took first place in forms and first place in sparring (beat the **** out of people...jealous), and I learned wobbling with IC's!!! Ha!

And to be quite honest, M2K scares me to death but I still give it all up to PC Chris. KDJ and M2K are easily in the top 3. But PC just has the skills. His Falco owns everything and his fox somehow keeps getting better.

That's an interesting thing to say for Ken. I think he had several real reasons to say that, and I think that it's already working how he wanted it to one way. Nehehehe.

Nice going Twin_A, kick some booty!! Literally!!

See you all next Saturday. I've been practicing up, so nobody disappoint. Hope you've been practicing too.

I personally, think that PC Chris is the better of them. M2K is like a machine, and machines always break down eventually. His reflexes and whatnot are some of the most terrifying and amazing things one could possibly lay eyes on. Korean DJ is unpredictable yes, but sometimes I think he's too unpredictable and doesn't think enough. PC Chris is somewhere in the middle.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I personally, think that PC Chris is the better of them. M2K is like a machine, and machines always break down eventually. His reflexes and whatnot are some of the most terrifying and amazing things one could possibly lay eyes on. Korean DJ is unpredictable yes, but sometimes I think he's too unpredictable and doesn't think enough. PC Chris is somewhere in the middle.
M2K is a machine? How the heck is he going to break down? Is he going to fall over dead while L-canceling?

You can never be too unpredictable. KoreanDJ was the only smasher in the 2006 season that managed to take out Ken consistently. No matter how unpredictable KoreanDJ is he does think, all the pros do. They wouldn't be pros if they didn't play it smart, KoreanDJ does.

PC Chris is very good, true, but he isn't somewhere in the middle. PC Chris does have
amazing mindgames, however.

Being a top pro comes down to five things: unpredictability, mindgames, technical skill, knowledge of the game and characters, and adapting + reading an opponent's strategy + game.

PC Chris is the best? It makes sense, that's how he managed to get ***** by KoreanDJ. Not to mention finishing behind Mango, Ken, and Hugs at Evo World.

Everyone forgot about CHUDAT!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Siiiiiiinz you almost done on that banner? At least I know it'll look amazing.
The guy I hired to make the vector hasn't logged on in a week so I don't know if he is done or not. I am waiting on him.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I agree. Go ChuDat!!! And don't forget Hugs. Anyone who can beat the living hell out of bombsoldier with a samus deserves some love

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
ChuDat is nothing short of amazing with IC. what i love is how he is willing to play as any other character (even against people like ken) and then if he loses that he'll bust out the climbers.

oh and what happened EP players? I was waiting for a call or text lol. oh well maybe next time

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
See you all next Saturday. I've been practicing up, so nobody disappoint. Hope you've been practicing too.
...If I had people to practice against. There is only so much I can do in training and against level ones.

While I don't really have an opinion myself, I'm gonna go with Paul (though in a less aggressive manner ;)).

However, unpredictability IS part of mindgames.

Well, I don't keep up with these things, so actually, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm inferring this from the videos I've seen recently, and the most recent ones were of Anaheim. My opinion doesn't really count.

What I meant by too unpredictable is he needs to use his head more often and not just act on impulse. And what I mean by that is that he needs to use the other four areas of a pro better, not just dominate in unpredictability.

PC Chris...I don't know, like I said, I'm going off of the results from tournaments from last year. I don't know how good he is anymore.

M2K is like a machine yes Paul. His reflexes are refined to an almost delicate edge. Once he's past his prime, it's a long drop. And the other thing is, again in the case of KDJ, he more than the other two needs to be more proficient with other things rather than just technical skill. Sure he's proficient at other things, but he's not as good as he should be at the other things. See what I meant now? Sometimes I'm not very clear, I know.

All three of them have different weaknesses in different areas, so they all need to improve on one thing or another. PC can't just rely on mindgames, and KDJ can't just rely on his unpredictability, and M2K cannot continue relying on his awesome tech skill. Now that I've examined it like this, I think that KDJ is the better one because unpredictability is the most difficult thing to get around compared to the others.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Why don't we fuse together all of NM and CO to create someone who can keep up with M2K and PC... hopefully.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Dr. Link huh? It can't beat mine Erichs and Sins combo of Fox, Captain Falcon, and Marth. Triple Marths speed and give him a gun and wicked knee added along with the sword! We shall call him, Broken.

Top Bottom