• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico's dead sexy power rankings(1/4/2008)

tw1n

Smash Champion
So true. Its kinda sad to think but the hi tier characters are just the ones with the fewest flaws and cheapest moves.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
And I'll restate what I said earlier: You guys don't have a Fox that knows how to recover. D:

He's easier to edgeguard than Peach, but I think it's a lot harder to kill him than Sheik, Luigi, Mario, Link, Doc, Ganon, CF, ICs, etc. Falco has bad recovery, Fox has decent. Granted, float>bair is >>>all but, still...

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
so whens the next tourney? EP wants to go also even tho we havent played in ages lol still fun to play

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
hello everybody.

out of curiousoity, how does paul (johnnylaw505; doc player) rank relitive to the rest of you all? i know he hasnt been playen with you much till recently. but im just curious.

also, what about the other farmington people? have you played patrick (mario and CF player) hes improved alot in the few short weeks ive known him.)

also just wanted to make shure you all know there are weekly tournaments at the farmington PnT. sorta surprised i didnt see any of you up there.. but i suppose it would be a long drive for some of you.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya. i know he would lose to you. but i had heard that paul beat kash more then kash beat him. speaking of which, how much has kash and the rest of you improved since that Alberque vs Durango crew battle at the PnT last year. (or was it last spring?)

EDIT:
this is sorta what prompted my question

9/15/07 NMGC Monthly Results:

1st - Alphabravo
2nd - Erich
3rd - GoldenGlove
4th - AllBoutPeach
5th - Sinz
5th - BTK (johnnylaw)
7th - Lrin
7th - Kashakunaki
9th - wraith
9th - Freewind
9th - Sliraobe God
9th - Pice
13th - Robot
13th - Yuki
13th - PEDE

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Well, Johnnylaw and Kash never actually played each other in the tournament (Check out the bracket here).

Also, I'm not sure who all went toe the PnT tourney, but I'm pretty sure Albuquerque's best weren't there.

Also also, Abq. has improved a ton.

Also also also, Kash, why do you say "in the future"? You can redeem yourself now! Didn't you already put the vids on your computer anyway? All that's left is to upload them.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
And I'll restate what I said earlier: You guys don't have a Fox that knows how to recover. D:
Whatever. Maybe you just don't know how to edge guard.

Sup Zenjamin, long time no talk. Everyone has improved greatly, but CJ has quit and I haven't heard from his buddies in a long time. I myself have improved A LOT. If my current Doc played the Duha I played at Play and Trade I would have easily three stocked him. I'd like to think so anyways.

I never played Paul in the tournament, but he's an awesome guy, and I'm not going to throw out any excuses like, "I was never playing 100%," and, "they were friendlies," (...despite the fact they were) he beat me more, but Doc dittos suck, lol. I bet you could beat me in a Doc ditto.

I don't feel like redeeming myself now. Too much **** to do already.

Don't need to be so blunt Everett. The people are good, yes, but most of the people in Albuquerque are better than they are. You guys don't have nearly as much experience as we do, so that's part of it.

Lots of stuff goin' on in here when I'm not on, which is usually. Just on the side though, Paul has a good Fox. Oh yes. I know how to edgeguard against anybody though, so that's why I own him when he's off the stage. If I get you off the stage, chances are you won't come back.

Has anyone noticed I'm the only Marth main in NM?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next tourney is actually probably going to be moved to November, closer to Brawl's release, due to time constraints. Jason is really busy, so we either can't talk or a certain date is booked. On Monday we'll try to get everything finalized.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Interim speaks the truth, Fox has an amazing recovery and the only character in the game that can edgeguard him extremely well is Marth.

BTW Zenjamin, can you give me the dates for those PNT tournaments in Farmington; because I may want to go.

I've never heard of a ALBQ vs. Durango crew battle taking place therefore the best in ALBQ weren't there.

I never saw JohnnyLaw play at the last monthly but since his name is Paul he's a winner in my book.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Okay Kash, how about this? I don't even play Fox. I will do a $20 MM with you and anyone else using my Fox, best 2/3. Sound good to you? I'll prove that you can't edgeguard worth ****, and that you haven't been playing Foxes that are up to snuff, or that you're just arrogant as ****.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Okay Kash, how about this? I don't even play Fox. I will do a $20 MM with you and anyone else using my Fox, best 2/3. Sound good to you? I'll prove that you can't edgeguard worth ****, and that you haven't been playing Foxes that are up to snuff, or that you're just arrogant as ****.
Kash is noob, if you do MM him its free moneyz for u, atleast it was for me. kek

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I'll MM you Interim, just bring that $20 down to $5. Not to "prove" anything, cause I believe you about Fox's recovery, just cause ^^

tw1n

Smash Champion
I only do $5 or less MM just cuz I'm broke as hell. I wish I could gamble that easy. Hey Kyle. $20 MM boxing? :)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hmm, interesting. Do I accept because I feel the need to prove myself to someone I don't even know or do I decline because you are just a pompous ass? Oh decisions, decisions. Does my pride get to me or my common sense and intelligence intervene? Oh the agony!

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, interesting. Do I accept because I feel the need to prove myself to someone I don't even know or do I decline because you are just a pompous ass? Oh decisions, decisions. Does my pride get to me or my common sense and intelligence intervene? Oh the agony!
Stop making excuses and MM the man. You n00b. kek. I wanna MM also whenever there's a NM tourney, i want some free moneyz. lawl. Peace out. You nagers

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Kash, stop spouting pseudo-intellectual garbage. If it's so easy to edgeguard Fox, then you should have no problems taking down someone who doesn't even play as Fox. I'm a Peach player, how technical could I be? Either accept the money match and prove me wrong, or accept that you're wrong and decline the MM. Simple as that. I know you have the money, because you're always MM'ing everyone else anyway, and you have almost a month to save up. If it's so easy to edgeguard Fox, then you should stand to make a decent amount of money, eh?

Tw1n, I'll do $5 with you, same with you, Golden. For you guys, it's moreover just fun to play and see what you guys can do, as opposed to just shutting someone up. So yeah, $5 or less is fine with you guys, haha.

EDIT: Kash, while you haven't met me, you've seen me play. I was the white guy that went against the asian in finals, and we played random (when CO came down, obviously). I got Pichu>Pikachu>Fox

I'm also the one that beat Nikolai and some other random El Paso player (I think?). Nikolai was tight, though. Definitely respected that man.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Kash, stop spouting pseudo-intellectual garbage. If it's so easy to edgeguard Fox, then you should have no problems taking down someone who doesn't even play as Fox. I'm a Peach player, how technical could I be? Either accept the money match and prove me wrong, or accept that you're wrong and decline the MM. Simple as that. I know you have the money, because you're always MM'ing everyone else anyway, and you have almost a month to save up. If it's so easy to edgeguard Fox, then you should stand to make a decent amount of money, eh?

Tw1n, I'll do $5 with you, same with you, Golden. For you guys, it's moreover just fun to play and see what you guys can do, as opposed to just shutting someone up. So yeah, $5 or less is fine with you guys, haha.

EDIT: Kash, while you haven't met me, you've seen me play. I was the white guy that went against the asian in finals, and we played random (when CO came down, obviously). I got Pichu>Pikachu>Fox

I'm also the one that beat Nikolai and some other random El Paso player (I think?). Nikolai was tight, though. Definitely respected that man.
I think you beat me also. Where you the white guy who played peach? And went by izzy or some **** like that? If so, you owned me pretty good lol. You were hella good if its the person im thinking.

edit: I think it's you. I picked sheik. You beat me, then i beat u, then u owned me )= but good matches ^_^

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, that was me. Haha, I was nervous for those matches, especially after something happened on PS (can't remember what, though). That was the first match of the tournament, wasn't it?

Good ****, mangz. Cool to know someone I've played in tournament. Kinda know, anyway.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that was me. Haha, I was nervous for those matches, especially after something happened on PS (can't remember what, though). That was the first match of the tournament, wasn't it?

Good ****, mangz. Cool to know someone I've played in tournament. Kinda know, anyway.
Yea it was the first matches, fun matches to say the least. I hate fighting peaches i get owned all the time ha ha. I guess need to practice again ^_^. Hope NM has a tourney so we can all go and smash! And win free moneyz from Kash kek.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
how bout the arguing stops and we'll agree on this much: fox is easy or hard to edgeguard based on the person playing as fox and their skills with mindgames. cuz fox also has his phantasm which can be cut short for easy mindgames as well as control with his firefox. but if the person is predicted or has only one way back then its easy.

and yeah i cant wait for the next tourny so i can test my skills against all of you. hey trollthug, weremt you the one who kept saying you'd put 20 bones on someone? im trying to put faces to names lol.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Whatever. Declining the money match wouldn't prove me wrong and accepting and winning wouldn't prove anything, either.

I don't feel the need to indulge in your asanine ego trip and don't ever insult my intelligence.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Thank you, Kash. I'm glad that you're able to step down while still remaining pretentious. There's no need to insult something I don't take seriously in the first place. ♥

With that said, when IS the next NM tournament? CO's been talking about going to some NM tourney at the end of the month. Does it exist?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Its either the end of this one or sometime during the next one. Who knows tho. We have to wait on Erich and Paul to decide.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Supposedly Farmington is looking to hold a big four-corners tourney on the 27th.
That I would go to but I have a TKD tourney that whole day :(

Its a shame too, I was really wanting to see how good these guys were. And I wanted to see how JohnnyLaw's Doc holds out. See if its like Kash's or if I could aggravate it as much as his lol

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow that was a quick transaction. Hey how many people are going to the farmington tourny? Maybe I can get the day off and go with someone

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey play nice. I know I would get owned and look like a fool but who cares. Kash has his personal stuff to take care of just as the rest of us do

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Thats pretty jacked up bro. Not really something to joke around about. Yo momma jokes = ok, Aids = F***** up.

But anyways, so who all is going?
Its a joke bro, i doubt he had any intentions of it being mean, QQ less please :D

^_____________________________________________^

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
no. im gonna have to agree with trollA.

you NM people otta learn how to play nice.

anyways, the farmingtom torny (not the weekly ones) details are not fianilized. but i think brandon intends it to be pretty big.

Top Bottom