• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
**** Samus got ****ed up in that pic. That's gonna happen to your Samus after my Sonic gets done with it and the sounds of "YOUR TOO SLOOOOWWWW!!!!111!" will be ringing in your ears for months after I get done with you, Xion.

@Ax: Next time we encounter, you will die. Hopefully someone with a recording device will be there so we (an get this **** on Youtube. There's a lack of good Lucas vs. Pit vids (Lucas vids in general).

@Paul: Do the brawl hacks make Gdorf and Falcon any better?

Hi Erich!!! :D

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
@Erich: Have you played August? I can't remember a time where you guys played each other. Anyways, I only meant he was better than you AT THE MOMENT (because you hadn't played Melee in so long).

It's true, there isn't any hitstun...YET. Currently, we're working on getting that into the game. BUT, we have to be careful. After all, Brawl's fighting system was never meant to have hitstun. We could possibly end up with a bunch of infinites and semi-infinites, Pit's arrows, Metabroke, etc.

Do the brawl hacks make Gdorf and Falcon any better?
The answer is a big fat YES. Gdorf and Falcon instantly get better with the hacks. There aerials no longer lag for a thousand years plus getting around camping is no longer that big of an issue for them.

Ugh, Brawl with wavedashing and L-Canceling... I'll try it for ****s and giggles, but if I want to play Melee I'll play Melee.
First off, it still doesn't feel like Melee. It has it's own distinct feel to it. Not to mention wavedashing is MUCH harder to do in brawl than in Melee. Also, the reason people are doing this is because they want a Melee-esque fighting game (ie wd, lc, etc) but with all the stuff brawl has to offer (new stages, updated graphics, new characters such as Wolf, D3, and Diddy, etc).

I also have another hack besides L-canceling as well, Sheild canceling. Unlike L-canceling (which only cuts half the lag off an aerial attack) Sheild Canceling cuts out all the lag off of an aerial attack (like smash 64's z-canceling). I would like to try both against a human opponent to see which is more suited for the game.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well see about that. >:3
That Samus picture... is ****ing AWESOME! Holy crap!
I want more pictures like that!!!

@Erich: Have you played August? I can't remember a time where you guys played each other. Anyways, I only meant he was better than you AT THE MOMENT (because you hadn't played Melee in so long).

It's true, there isn't any hitstun...YET. Currently, we're working on getting that into the game. BUT, we have to be careful. After all, Brawl's fighting system was never meant to have hitstun. We could possibly end up with a bunch of infinites and semi-infinites, Pit's arrows, Metabroke, etc.

The answer is a big fat YES. Gdorf and Falcon instantly get better with the hacks. There aerials no longer lag for a thousand years plus getting around camping is no longer that big of an issue for them.

First off, it still doesn't feel like Melee. It has it's own distinct feel to it. Not to mention wavedashing is MUCH harder to do in brawl than in Melee. Also, the reason people are doing this is because they want a Melee-esque fighting game (ie wd, lc, etc) but with all the stuff brawl has to offer (new stages, updated graphics, new characters such as Wolf, D3, and Diddy, etc).

I also have an other hack besides L-canceling as well, Sheild canceling. Unlike L-canceling (which only cuts half the lag off an aerial attack) Sheild Canceling cuts out all the lag off of an aerial attack (like smash 64's z-canceling). I would like to try both against a human oppenent to see which is more suited for the game.
Melee 2.0 in other words.

August is very good, Erich. Don't be cocky now.

EDIT: So who is hosting a Smash fest this weekend?

Also, Everett, I talked to my bro and he and his girlfriend want to come see you, too, so make that two more tickets.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Well, think Melee 2.0 but with D3, Diddy, Snake, Sonic, Toon, and all the other new characters.

I'm really only playing modded brawl for fun. I enjoy the game A LOT more with these hacks on. I don't know, maybe I just like faster paced games.

Edit: Also, I agree with Davis. Be careful Erich. Neil keeps getting better and better at Melee. If you want an image of how good he has gotten then take Neil's tech skill but inject my mindgames and overall smart style into his game...SCARY!

August has really good tech skill as well...probably better than Neil's.

Also, I want to get this out of the way...JUST BECAUSE A PERSON HAS AMAZING TECHNICAL SKILL DOES NOT MEAN THEY DON'T HAVE ANY MINDGAMES.

One of the most misunderstood terms within the community. Mind games first were used to describe a single trick used against an opponent, but have since come to describe how a player thinks during an entire match. The only real difference between the top level players in the country are their mind games, in other words, the level at which they think and predict their opponents. Mind games are essentially a synonym for the less used term metagaming.

Mindgames are hugely misunderstood...especially in NM.

I posted that because I know some of you are going to come in here and say Neil has no mindgames.

2nd edit: Everyone join this group:

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=385

Also, everyone vote in this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200718

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Thanks everyone. I appreciate you guys saying you will come.

The only thing i have to warn about is, that I am the only person who has been trained vocally :/. But, it is all good.(ish.) I still hope to see you guys there

xion07

Smash Apprentice
**** Samus got ****ed up in that pic. That's gonna happen to your Samus after my Sonic gets done with it and the sounds of "YOUR TOO SLOOOOWWWW!!!!111!" will be ringing in your ears for months after I get done with you, Xion.
As soon as someone sets up a smashfest, I'll be more than happy to take you down with my Samus. And to whoever else feels to step up and face my samus. :D Sonic will be put in his place. :laugh:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You know what is kinda funny.

Xion is the new Zman.
Zman has gotten cooler : )

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Well see about that. >:3
Woot wootz! This will be fun.

@Ax: Next time we encounter, you will die. Hopefully someone with a recording device will be there so we (an get this **** on Youtube. There's a lack of good Lucas vs. Pit vids (Lucas vids in general).
Fine by me, but only if it's not my camera. You see, my camera tends to commit seppuku upon seeing horrendous deaths. In this case, it shall be you. :p And yeah, there isn't enough.

That Samus picture... is ****ing AWESOME! Holy crap!
I want more pictures like that!!!
Well, if there's one thing I have a keen eye for, it's finding awesome video game art stuff. You all played Majora's Mask, right? Ask, and ye shall recieve:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/Oni_Matt/oni_link.jpg

Yea...cool. I was having a kinda bad day, so I didn't need anything with any possible negative connotations. It kinda set me off. Sorry, heh. But for the record I have played him a couple times, and he's got some VERY good tech skill.

Nope. It definitely doesn't feel like Melee. It's still Brawl and all its floatiness, but it's definitely different and a little faster paced.

August is very good, Erich. Don't be cocky now.
Again, my bad. I explained earlier. I just was in a bit of a bad mood, and so I had a short fuse.

Edit: Also, I agree with Davis. Be careful Erich. Neil keeps getting better and better at Melee. If you want an image of how good he has gotten then take Neil's tech skill but inject my mindgames and overall smart style into his game...SCARY!
Nehe...again, sorry.:embarrass One of those days, you know? I haven't played Neil in a while, so I'm all excited for the next smashfest!! RWAAAAWWWR!!! I haven't played some serious Melee in a while, for that matter. Against actual opponents, that is.

Already commented on.

Also, I want to get this out of the way...JUST BECAUSE A PERSON HAS AMAZING TECHNICAL SKILL DOES NOT MEAN THEY DON'T HAVE ANY MINDGAMES.
Yea, like you? You've got good tech skill and you're mindgames rock.

Now...is everyone free on Saturday? If you are, we might be able to have a smashfest at my house. Maybe. Let me know if you all can make it, otherwise I won't hold it. For Brawl and Melee, of course.:)

Oh yea, and if we go to EP my uncle may take his car, so if some of you didn't want to drive we could do that. MAYBE. I haven't talked to him and done anything on details so...yea. First we need a headcount of who is going, and stuff like that.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I feel... different guys.

Erich, give me a seat.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Just quoting this for reinforcement.

It's absolutely ****ing true.

Tech skill is probably the most useless of all significant aspects of Melee, after a basic level.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I'll definitely be able to make the smashfest at your house...so no worries.

Edit: Also, I would probably enjoy Brawl more if you guys would stop getting 3 stocked by my Falco.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I thought everyone should know this since Dekar didn't post it.
If you want to go to Intel and you're under eighteen you need to have this permission slip thing signed located on this page http://lanfest.intel.com/?a=main&eventid=1130. Or else you can't get in, which would suck when arriving.

And I guess since no one knows when the smash tournament is starting Walker and I will be rolling down there at noonish.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I need a head count of who is coming on saturday.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, think Melee 2.0 but with D3, Diddy, Snake, Sonic, Toon, and all the other new characters.

I'm really only playing modded brawl for fun. I enjoy the game A LOT more with these hacks on. I don't know, maybe I just like faster paced games.

One of the most misunderstood terms within the community. Mind games first were used to describe a single trick used against an opponent, but have since come to describe how a player thinks during an entire match. The only real difference between the top level players in the country are their mind games, in other words, the level at which they think and predict their opponents. Mind games are essentially a synonym for the less used term metagaming.

Mindgames are hugely misunderstood...especially in NM.

I posted that because I know some of you are going to come in here and say Neil has no mindgames.

2nd edit: Everyone join this group:

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=385

Also, everyone vote in this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200718
Uh, I believe I know what mindgames are more than, if not just as well as, you do.

I just say Neil doesn't have mindgames because I like to screw with the kid. And once upon a time he didn't.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate you guys saying you will come.

The only thing i have to warn about is, that I am the only person who has been trained vocally :/. But, it is all good.(ish.) I still hope to see you guys there
Oh, it's gonna sick the. Everyone don't go!

Hehe, I kid.

You know what is kinda funny.

Xion is the new Zman.
Zman has gotten cooler : )
Lol!

Woot wootz! This will be fun.

Fine by me, but only if it's not my camera. You see, my camera tends to commit seppuku upon seeing horrendous deaths. In this case, it shall be you. :p And yeah, there isn't enough.

Well, if there's one thing I have a keen eye for, it's finding awesome video game art stuff. You all played Majora's Mask, right? Ask, and ye shall recieve:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/Oni_Matt/oni_link.jpg
That is slightly less sexy, but way hot still. Good stuff! I want more.

Yea...cool. I was having a kinda bad day, so I didn't need anything with any possible negative connotations. It kinda set me off. Sorry, heh. But for the record I have played him a couple times, and he's got some VERY good tech skill.

Nope. It definitely doesn't feel like Melee. It's still Brawl and all its floatiness, but it's definitely different and a little faster paced.

Again, my bad. I explained earlier. I just was in a bit of a bad mood, and so I had a short fuse.

Nehe...again, sorry.:embarrass One of those days, you know? I haven't played Neil in a while, so I'm all excited for the next smashfest!! RWAAAAWWWR!!! I haven't played some serious Melee in a while, for that matter. Against actual opponents, that is.

Already commented on.

Yea, like you? You've got good tech skill and you're mindgames rock.

Now...is everyone free on Saturday? If you are, we might be able to have a smashfest at my house. Maybe. Let me know if you all can make it, otherwise I won't hold it. For Brawl and Melee, of course.:)

Oh yea, and if we go to EP my uncle may take his car, so if some of you didn't want to drive we could do that. MAYBE. I haven't talked to him and done anything on details so...yea. First we need a headcount of who is going, and stuff like that.
Awesome. I'm going to finalize my plans for El Paso by Sunday at latest.
Will your uncle have to come if you are going to come? How many fit in his car? What's the gas mileage?

Would anyone be interested in a halloween smash fest?
I'm goin' to a party. Sorry.

I need a head count of who is coming on saturday.
1 from my end. My bro and his gf said they wanted to come but I know they're going to be too... I don't know. Just forget about it. Sorry.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
In memory of my absence,

Hello everybody. I hope everybody felt mixed feelings of anger, sadness, anticipation, and now love. Anger and sadness because I wasn't active for a while. Anticipation because you are very curious where the hell I was and why the hell that place kept me away from my most important priority called SWF. Love because I'm back and you all love me :)

God I'm such a haughty bastard. To quote Davis like I always do, I'm going to get beat up someday. It's going to be one hell of a sight.

Well, let me readdress each issue, then let me do shoutouts.

Religion
So far, the most intelligent post I've read on this discussion was by Steven.

Metaknight
There are threads for this and even a social group, according to Paul. "NM thread (MK banned in 9 days.)" is NOT EQUAL to "Should MK be banned?" For gods sake I thought all of you had at least a 5th grade reading level.

THE SMASHFEST
All right, seeing as how I am "the premier New Mexico smashfest location," then I will indeed hold a smashfest. This smashfest will NOT be on my birthday and instead be on Saturday November 1st 2008. Here's what I'm planning on doing though. This fest will start on Saturday MORNING around 11:00 am (It'd be preferred that you come early for more smash time).
Afterwards, for my puberty-hitting age celebration, there will be a surprise depending on how many people show up. Depending on if this sexy surprise happens, we can all go at 7:00 pm and you all can leave late at night and go back home OR sleepover at my house till Sunday afternoon. FREE pizza (with pepperoni and animal products for all you carnivorous humans out there) and soft drinks and definitely some nice CHOCOLATE CAKE!!! Zomg no one can resist chocolate cake. You better come over.
RSVP so I can plan the food and money. Don't bring presents unless you love me that much (which I know you all do :))
This is also for the purpose of celebrating the death of Metaknight in the 5th largest state in the U.S.

OoS
I MOST DEFINITELY AM CONFIRMED FOR BOTH EL PASO AND OKLAHOMA. The El Paso condition: if somehow there is too many people that want to go and too little space, well, I am a melee bad***, so I will fight for a car seat.
The OK condition: remember, I am going to OK with Dekar. If for some circumstance that we have too many people and too little space, it depends on the people that are going. Those with the purpose of competing in both melee and brawl should be confirmed to go. Those with the purpose of competing in only brawl events should be prioritized second. Finally, those competing for melee and melee only (including me) are prioritized third (me being one of them). We should bring at most 3 melee "mains." I'm automatically prioritized at the top of the list, and if for some other gay circumstance I'm excluded again, I will fight for a car seat.

I've decided to do shoutouts later.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Neil, my love for you is undieing.
Oh, and happy birthday.

I think we should still have a Smash fest this weekend. I suppose I can have it at my house if no one else is willing to host one. I think it'd be best if you had it, though, Erich, as you live close to Cibola for those who are going to go see Everett's play.

I am 99% go for OK, El Paso, and like 80% for Colorado.

We need to figure who wants to go to El Paso. That way we can figure out whose car we are taking.

We also need to figure out how many people want to go to OK, that way we can know whether or not we will take one car or two cars worth of people to OK. Right now it is 5 people in Dekar's vehicle, right?

List of Out of State Tournaments:

El Paso - A lot of stress on MELEE, but good Brawl as well. Close by. Melee players should definitely go.

Oklahoma - A lot of stress on BRAWL, but good Melee as well. 7-8 hour drive. Best Brawl and Melee players should represent.

Colorado - Soul Calibur 4 and Brawl. Melee players don't go unless you want to chill with Colorado (which is always awesome). Main reason for going: To see Tony and the gang. About an 8 hour drive.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Unless someone convinces me to go OOS, I doubt I'll attend any of those tournaments. Why? I don't feel like it.

I agree, there should definitely still be a smashfest this weekend.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I've been checking the boards for the evening hours of Friday because I wanted a smashfest tonite. Since it didn't happen, i'm going to at least jump on the "Let's-all-laugh-and-insult-the-***got-named-Ax" band wagon.

Ax, first of all, there is no Kash monster. Everyone knows that Kash is obviously much more understood as a chimera. It's a given, it's like going up to a random person on the street and saying that the Earth is round. Everyone knows that. Jesus, you are stupid.

Secondly, Ax, you don't know how to post a hyperlink. You're a noob at the internetz. Even your hilbilly girlfriend would do better on Microsoft Word than you.
(for those of you that are stupider than the hillbilly girlfriend, TO SEE THE PICTURES, Remove the "-amazing or -more" at the end of the URL address. Make sure the very end of the link has the letters .jpg at the end of it, and the link should work then.)

Thirdly, those pictures suck. I must say the last one is slightly cool for having a pirahna plant in it, but still.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sweeney Todd was amazing.

It is probably the best thing i have ever done for drama so far.

It was ridiculously good.

IT IS WORTH IT.

Come see it tomorrow please!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'll have one. It'll probably start around one o' clock.

Mmm. The Kash Chimera (God I love you Neil) is satisfied... for now. Some **** good cosplay right there.

We will come. Chill out.

EDIT: I will convince you to go to Colorado and Texas, Paul, but not right now.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
I've been checking the boards for the evening hours of Friday because I wanted a smashfest tonite. Since it didn't happen, i'm going to at least jump on the "Let's-all-laugh-and-insult-the-***got-named-Ax" band wagon.
You always were a follower, catcher.

Ax, first of all, there is no Kash monster. Everyone knows that Kash is obviously much more understood as a chimera. It's a given, it's like going up to a random person on the street and saying that the Earth is round. Everyone knows that. Jesus, you are stupid.
You're confusing chimera with a horned bull like creature...well, that's at least what Dekar says. And here's Webster's definition of monster:
"A monster is any of a large number of legendary creatures which usually appear in mythology, legend, or horror fiction."

Monster=chimera, you worthless bad of *****.

Secondly, Ax, you don't know how to post a hyperlink. You're a noob at the internetz. Even your hilbilly girlfriend would do better on Microsoft Word than you.
(for those of you that are stupider than the hillbilly girlfriend, TO SEE THE PICTURES, Remove the "-amazing or -more" at the end of the URL address. Make sure the very end of the link has the letters .jpg at the end of it, and the link should work then.)
No, see I posted them correctly, it was the added "-" that messed them up. And hillbilly girlfirned? Que?

Thirdly, those pictures suck. I must say the last one is slightly cool for having a pirahna plant in it, but still.
Now I know you're gay-you're denying the awesomeness of the Icelandic chick with the custom Samus outfit? Come out of the closet already.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Interesting definition of monster.

@Zman: Cool. I'll start cleaning my room and setting things up.

@Ax: Icelandic? I always wanted to move to Iceland when I was little and learn to speak the language. Are all girls there that pretty :)?

WHO CAN BRING SETUPS!?

EDIT:
Bummer that no one is showing up the INTEL LANFest. I really want to keep doing more Smash tournaments, but with small turnouts that won't be possible.
Well a lot of players look forward to cash prizes.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Ax, I'll have to admit that you beat me there. :( I really don't want to concede that you are able to beat me at something :( Go suck a **** to make yourself feel good for winning, how about that :)

Zman, god damit. I have to agree again. I can't connect with my art side. Out of all my schooling, none of my art or fine arts or practical arts teachers have even came close to liking me :( I guess ax is the one at fault here :p because he freely looks around for pr0n, aka samus cosplays

Davis, my love for you is not just undying, it's eternal. And guess what, I actually might be able to come to the smashfest. I'll be going out to lunch around 12:00 or so, then directly head over to your house (sorry can't bring setups), and then I have to leave early around 5:00 for a dinner party with other peeps.

Sorry Sinz, but I'm afraid that dinner party with other peeps in this case beats out Sweeney Todd. I may not have witnessed your technical skillz in the fine arts department, but I cant go. Let me know of another play you're proud of, ja :lick:

Yola gentlemen of the boards. :) Soooo Davis, are you hosting the smashfest today? If not, come to my house. Since you're on right now, just tell me which you prefer, my house or yours, and then I'll edit this post depending on your answer.

EDIT: Actually, my mom is very sick right now so I'm going to have to do a smashfest at my house a different week.

IT'S ALL YOURS TODAY DAVIS.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
@Ax: Icelandic? I always wanted to move to Iceland when I was little and learn to speak the language. Are all girls there that pretty ?
Yeah, I think she has her own website. Apparently she does/makes a lot of art related stuff. Her name's Jenni Källberg . Really? That's quite a specific dream, but I do here iceland is quite an amazing place to visit. Don't know of anyone who speaks Icelandic, though. And I think Icelandic girls are considered part of the Scandinavian group, and I loves them Scandinavians, so I'll say yes. :bee:

Ax, I'll have to admit that you beat me there. :( I really don't want to concede that you are able to beat me at something :( Go suck a **** to make yourself feel good for winning, how about that :)
Well played, good sir. GG.

Zman, god damit. I have to agree again. I can't connect with my art side. Out of all my schooling, none of my art or fine arts or practical arts teachers have even came close to liking me :( I guess ax is the one at fault here :p because he freely looks around for pr0n, aka samus cosplays
I think on that occasion I actually wasn't, but I'm not gonna lie-if a few nudies popped up, I wouldn't mind.
>_>
<_<

Top Bottom