• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sadly, Paul is right. Until the end of Melee, he really did not do as well as he should have in tournaments. Near the end though, he got up with me.

When is that tournament Dekar? I might go.

Tony...I love you. You are amazing.

The sensible, silent majority is laughing its *** of at the last few pages of posts.

*Recedes back into the sensible, silent majority*
Quoted for the freakin' truth. I'm in the middle of class right now, and I thought I was gonna die from trying to hold my laughter in. Oh my goodness...this is better than the Lucario baords. I don't say that very often.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Also Paul, I apologize for lashing out at you and attacking your beliefs, but I'm never going to tell you to denounce your faith just for ****s and giggles. I don't care, I DO care about bad manner though.

As for your little statement there Erich, I assure you that all love shoutouts are reserved for Davis in this thread.

Goyf, I might be able to give you a ride, where do you live? Also, like I've said a jillion trillion times, it's not only a smash tourney, there will be others tourneys, as well as a raffle for VERY nice computer-wear on Saturday starting around 11am.

If you DO decide to come, bring your setup as well as a computer! The computer part of this event is essentially the main event, Brawl was just recently added as a side tourney. That way you can watch me **** some CS/CS:S (which coincidentally is a LOT like Melee/Brawl as far as Elitism among the community goes).

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I think I'm going to make a New Mexico montage video of us suck-- I mean kicking ***. Then again I'll probably be too lazy. We'll see. If you're interested get your favorite *** kickings on a SD card so I can get them from you.
If you get me the videos I will make both a montage of NM smashers kicking *** and one of us screwing up. I wanna get into video editing anyway.

@Dekar: I probably won't go to the tourny. No cash prizes + me having no money + it's farther than my parents will let me go = one ZMan not showing up. Sorry.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Due to demand, I won't be discussing my beliefs in this thread anymore.

I apologize for being an ***, but I will not apologize for my faith in Jesus Christ. If any of you want to talk to me, let me know.

Anyways, Tony is right. Friendlies don't count for anything. Back in the Melee days, I was able to compete with Sinz and Erich stock for stock in friendlies yet I did horribly in tournaments. They would always place far better than me at competitions.

Also, I might go to CO. If not for anything but to see Tony and them again.
You should. You should also go to El Paso, and if not CO, then just El Paso.

Melee is actually slowly becoming the focal point of that tournament rather than Brawl, and it is a simple four hour drive away. I was hoping you, me, Xion, Neil, and August would go, if not more.

Seriously, it is a 4 hour drive for what is looking like 100+ in Brawl and 30-40+ in Melee.

Sadly, Paul is right. Until the end of Melee, he really did not do as well as he should have in tournaments. Near the end though, he got up with me.

When is that tournament Dekar? I might go.

Quoted for the freakin' truth. I'm in the middle of class right now, and I thought I was gonna die from trying to hold my laughter in. Oh my goodness...this is better than the Lucario baords. I don't say that very often.
No you don't. You practically make love with the Lucairo board.

Also Paul, I apologize for lashing out at you and attacking your beliefs, but I'm never going to tell you to denounce your faith just for ****s and giggles. I don't care, I DO care about bad manner though.

As for your little statement there Erich, I assure you that all love shoutouts are reserved for Davis in this thread.

Goyf, I might be able to give you a ride, where do you live? Also, like I've said a jillion trillion times, it's not only a smash tourney, there will be others tourneys, as well as a raffle for VERY nice computer-wear on Saturday starting around 11am.

If you DO decide to come, bring your setup as well as a computer! The computer part of this event is essentially the main event, Brawl was just recently added as a side tourney. That way you can watch me **** some CS/CS:S (which coincidentally is a LOT like Melee/Brawl as far as Elitism among the community goes).
When and where is this tournament?
Is this the one where it's like $40 for entry and first place gets like... a cup holder?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Due to demand, I won't be discussing my beliefs in this thread anymore.

I apologize for being an ***, but I will not apologize for my faith in Jesus Christ. If any of you want to talk to me, let me know.

Anyways, Tony is right. Friendlies don't count for anything. Back in the Melee days, I was able to compete with Sinz and Erich stock for stock in friendlies yet I did horribly in tournaments. They would always place far better than me at competitions.

Friendlies do however help you develop mindgames, which can be implemented in tournament, which is where it matters.

And just for the truth, Paul was ALWAYS better than me at Melee, for some reason he just choked up at tournaments.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master

Do you know where the UNM soccer field is? It's my backyard. The psyhical adress is 1937 Sunshine Terrace avenue apt A. My number is (505) 850 5281 if you need more directions. I'm really planning on going. I can bring my tv, brawl and wii. Pizza and vitamin water + singels, doubles and a raffle for 25$ seems like a win. Thanks in advance.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Kash, I'm probably teaming with Tony. Or Ferdi. =( =( =(.

But probably Tony, I really want to beat the Asian Invasion while on CO soil sometime.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, sorry about not posting lately, just dealing with some life choices.

Anywho, I am the same as Zman for Intel, I can't go. Not because of my parents (I live on my own) but since there is no cash prize that's a real downer for me. I hope there's a tourney in Albuquerque soon.

Yes! My Samus is a beast, I believe she is at a competitive level. My Ike is way better so watch out! :O Oh, and for some shout outs.

@Ax-Yeah, the next time we play it will be epic, I've thrown some different strategies into my ike, so "prepare yourself." :D

@Zman- We may play low tiers, but that doesn't mean we wont win because of it. We just have to work harder. :)

@Neil- Sup dude, next time we play, get ready to be 3 stocked! :D jk

error13

Smash Journeyman
NM should deff come to el paso!!!!!

the trip is like not even long at all

i was a n00b olimar player when i went long ago
and was beaten by rainbow cruise i didnt even know
that u could pick that stage, and it was lame

because i owned the guy on final d but something about
counter pick....

now i know

Dekar173

Justice Man
welcome to the smashboards error, no johns.

Nolan, I have no idea when the first smash event occurs. Bring your computer hoe! Stay for the whole event :D

Intel's giving away some of the nicest computer hardware I've even heard of in the raffles, not sure about the console gaming though. It's a huge ****fest since the FPS community keeps *****ing and *****ing and *****ing. I hate them.

ANYWAY, ya. It ought to be fun. Hopefully the Smash event starts late considering I have to go to a football game for mah family o.O

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
@error13: No johns

@Xion: I know we play low tiers but I play ****ing Sonic. ****ING SONIC!!!111 He's like, the worst character in the game besides Falcon and G-dorf. :cry:

Is anyone gonna hold a smashfest this weekend for the people who aren't going to Intel?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Friendlies are good for trying new stuff out. That's about it.

I love NM.

@Xion: I know we play low tiers but I play ****ing Sonic. ****ING SONIC!!!111 He's like, the worst character in the game besides Falcon and G-dorf. :cry:

Is anyone gonna hold a smashfest this weekend for the people who aren't going to Intel?
Quoted for what we pretend is the truth.

At any rate, Tim and I might team at OhSnap, but it depends on the status of team... erm... not me and Tim? I dun wanna bail on Heibrahi after getting him all happy to have a teammate, but if we keep teaming as poorly as we have been, then Tim and I will have to make a comeback as team... erm... me and Tim.

:D

EDIT: Ax, where you at? Don't tell me you've given up already.

xion07

Smash Apprentice

Wait, I thought your main was Luigi now? lol I'm confused. You never know until you try him competitively, I mean look at mr.3000, he uses sonic(and I think his 2nd is Dedede) for most of his matches and he makes it to the top ten at least in Texas.

But Ike will always be my main, second is Samus since I'm sure shes ready to fight competitively. :D

Yeah someone should host a smashfest since there is no news on any tourneys after Intel. :(

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'll go to El Paso Davis. That'd be way fun.
Awesome. What about Sinz and Alphabravo? Arizona wants to do crews with you guys. That is they want to team up with you to do crews against TX.

El Paso is really close, really cheap, and will probably be more Melee oriented than Brawl. Xion and I are definitely going, so it'd be amazing if you, Alphabravo, Sinz, GoldenGlove, Sliraobe God, Dekar, August, and anyone else who wants to come goes.

Seriously... 4 hours? Omg awesome.

Sorry Kash, I'm probably teaming with Tony. Or Ferdi. =( =( =(.

But probably Tony, I really want to beat the Asian Invasion while on CO soil sometime.
That's cool man.

welcome to the smashboards error, no johns.

Nolan, I have no idea when the first smash event occurs. Bring your computer hoe! Stay for the whole event :D

Intel's giving away some of the nicest computer hardware I've even heard of in the raffles, not sure about the console gaming though. It's a huge ****fest since the FPS community keeps *****ing and *****ing and *****ing. I hate them.

ANYWAY, ya. It ought to be fun. Hopefully the Smash event starts late considering I have to go to a football game for mah family o.O
I'd probably go to Intel but my computer got ****ed up. I'm going to back it up and wipe it clean. It's been acting like a ***** lately.

You should come to El Paso.

I saw someone play pink Captain Falcon against Mew2King's D3 and win. It was awesome.

Wait, I thought your main was Luigi now? lol I'm confused. You never know until you try him competitively, I mean look at mr.3000, he uses sonic(and I think his 2nd is Dedede) for most of his matches and he makes it to the top ten at least in Texas.

But Ike will always be my main, second is Samus since I'm sure shes ready to fight competitively. :D

Yeah someone should host a smashfest since there is no news on any tourneys after Intel. :(
Money match?

NEW MEXICO LET'S GO TO EL PASO!

Neil squared will be there :p! I'm really pushing for going to OK, CO, and TX.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Intel sounds too expensive. $30 for venue plus tournament entry fee. And top of that NO cash prizes...count me out.

Also, have you guys tried the new WD, SC, and LC hacks for Brawl yet? I must say, I really enjoy playing Brawl with these on. I'll bring it to the next smashfest so all of you can try.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
@Kash- Sure, just as soon we can meet up at a fest or something. :p

@Zman-Hmm, well try out sonic for now. Hes a fun character to mess with. Have him ready for my Samus! xD

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm not entirely sure right now. Currently, I don't have the finances.

Own Texas in Melee or hang out with CO? Very tough decision.

I might be able to make both...but I doubt it.
I think you can. El Paso is going to be SO CHEAP. Also, if you win, you'll definitely make up lost money, and I think you have a good chance of placing in Melee and Brawl.

@Davis: When is El Paso?
It is... Nov 14-16th

The 14th is just crews, MMs, friendlies, and good stuff like that.
The 15th is Brawl 1v1
The 16th is Brawl 2v2 and Melee 1v1

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If I went, I could only goto the 1v1.

Also guys. You know what is also SO CHEAP? Presale tickets for Sweeney Todd. its 1$ with student ID. How many do i need to pick up for you guys?

Hmmmm...I say go with El Paso Paul. No offense Tony, hehe. OK's just a little more pricey than EP is. Again, I'm in the boat with Paul, as I have no finances for big trips either. EP sounds pretty doable though. MAYBE hanging out with CO too. BIG maybe on that.

Soooooooo...when's the next smashfest again?

I'm not sure Everett. Say...12? How many do you think Davis?

And when you say AZ wants to team up with me, Paul and Everett, do you mean Melee or Brawl??

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
12?

Really?

You guys should do a smashfest then come to Sweeney Todd.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
If I went, I could only goto the 1v1.

Also guys. You know what is also SO CHEAP? Presale tickets for Sweeney Todd. its 1$ with student ID. How many do i need to pick up for you guys?
Hmmmm...I say go with El Paso Paul. No offense Tony, hehe. OK's just a little more pricey than EP is. Again, I'm in the boat with Paul, as I have no finances for big trips either. EP sounds pretty doable though. MAYBE hanging out with CO too. BIG maybe on that.

Soooooooo...when's the next smashfest again?

I'm not sure Everett. Say...12? How many do you think Davis?

And when you say AZ wants to team up with me, Paul and Everett, do you mean Melee or Brawl??
I'm going for sure. It's Neil's birthday this weekend, so I'm not sure what's up with him. I'd say like 8 or so.

Also, they want to team up with Neil, you, and Paul in Melee so they can do a 5 vs 5 crew battle against TX.

12?

Really?

You guys should do a smashfest then come to Sweeney Todd.
I suggested that a few pages back, but I don't think anyone noticed :(

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Also, they want to team up with Neil, you, and Paul in Melee so they can do a 5 vs 5 crew battle against TX.
Erich is out of practice as far as Melee goes. But if he picks it back up again then no worries. Besides, I think August is a stronger candidate.

Anyways, someone needs to hold a smashfest this weekend. Brawl with Wavedashing and L-Canceling is amazing. I really want to share it with you guys.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
@Xion-Sounds Interesting, I better keep my eyes open. On the same coin, I've developed two different stances or play styles, and am eager to see if I can implement them. It'll be tight as hell. Same with your Samus, but she'll look like this after I'm done with her:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa7/zkub/SAMUS.png

(I just wanted to post that pic, cause it's epic).

@Z-man:When we gona do this?

@Tony: I was only gone for like, 2 days >_< I'm kinda in the same boat as Sinz-I act and jazz, and have this special acting for the camera class that's got me busy. Also, my female partner for that is freakin worthless.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Erich is out of practice as far as Melee goes. But if he picks it back up again then no worries. Besides, I think August is a stronger candidate.

Anyways, someone needs to hold a smashfest this weekend. Brawl with Wavedashing and L-Canceling is amazing. I really want to share it with you guys.
Yes, but I'm not sure he can go. I invited him. I'm inviting everyone. I'm getting my plans finalized, soon. You should ask your parents to go even if you won't be going in the end. Just get the clear.

That goes for everyone.

Ugh, Brawl with wavedashing and L-Canceling... I'll try it for ****s and giggles, but if I want to play Melee I'll play Melee.

Ummm...what? August is definitely NOT better than me at Melee. Where did that come from Paul?

And just so you know, I did pick up Melee again. I could still go pretty well against you without practicing, so who knows where I'll be now.

I just played Melee again today...ahhhh, the memories! I spent a whole lot of time working on my perfect shielding game and the rest just touching up on stuff like double fairs and fair to uair, etc. I think I'm good.:laugh: No but seriously, I want to play some Melee with everybody. SMASHFEST!!!! I demand it!!!

And as for Brawl with hacks...as much fun as it is, it still has no hitstun. Bah. They tried though, heh.

Weeelll, happy birthday Neil!!! (In advance)

xion07

Smash Apprentice
@Xion-Sounds Interesting, I better keep my eyes open. On the same coin, I've developed two different stances or play styles, and am eager to see if I can implement them. It'll be tight as hell. Same with your Samus, but she'll look like this after I'm done with her:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa7/zkub/SAMUS.png

(I just wanted to post that pic, cause it's epic).
Well see about that. >:3

Top Bottom