• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Jacob, what say you too hooking up two TVs and playing SSE simultaneously =P?
SSE simultaneously?!

Anyways, I predict that all of the NM threads are going to die the week following Brawl's release. Considering that all we are going to do in our spare time is play the game rather than post on smashboards.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone going to the Gamestop midnight release tournament? me and shapchanger are definatley gonna go, along with ABP and ABS (thats right ABS) well you guys should come, the winner gets brawl for free that night and is entered into a bigger tournament later down the road. (be forwarned the tournament is not MLG rules by any means whatsoever)

tw1n

Smash Champion
hate to break it too you but they aren't doing a free copy of Brawl for this one. Thats the state championships I think. The smaller ones at the midnoght release don't have anything :(

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I know its ********. I talked to 3 different gamestops and they all said aside from small drawings (from a hat) the only prize you get is moving on to state :(

So I have to ask. What has everyone been doing to kill time till Brawl comes out. I mean did anyone pick up an old game that they haven't played in years (or a new one) or any new hobbies or anything. I actually last week learned how to solve a rubix cube and thats been taking up my time lol. I have solved it like 20+ times a day just trying to get faster

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I picked up a new game trying to pass the time while waiting for Brawl.

It's called Brawl. =D

Just don't wait too long to mention it to your dad, Jacob. Advance notice is always appreciated. We should enter the store tournament, too. For ****s and giggles.

sync

Smash Apprentice
I picked up Pokemon Sapphire again, as well as the TCG.

I mentioned it to him and he wants me home as soon as possible for several reasons.

1) He wants to play Brawl
2) We're going to my uncles house Sunday all day. My aunt's been sick and we're going to spend time up there (bringin mah Wii)
3) Technically I'm still grounded until the 9th
4) He wants to play Brawl

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Well, I joined track and I just got a Wii. (I've been killing time with Wii Sports, Wii Play, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and LOZ Twilight Princess)

Track makes the time fly...

I also have my Xbox 360 to keep me preoccupied as well. Call of Duty 4 and Mass Effect for the win.

Is anyone going to the Gamestop midnight release tournament? me and shapchanger are definatley gonna go, along with ABP and ABS (thats right ABS) well you guys should come, the winner gets brawl for free that night and is entered into a bigger tournament later down the road. (be forwarned the tournament is not MLG rules by any means whatsoever)
Does anyone know if you HAVE TO HAVE the game preordered in order to enter? I was thinking about entering just to talk trash to all the other players, stall in match, and get disqualified on purpose; just to show how much I hate gamestop.

BTW Joe, sorry to break it to you but there is NO store level prize. Also, 1 minute random matches with items and single elimination...all done on the game's built in tournament software?! This is a completely "LUCK" tournament if you know what I mean. Not to mention the fact that players are required to use the controllers they provide.

IMPORTANT!

Erich told me today that he stopped by gamestop over the weekend and asked one of the employees about the Brawl midnight tournament. Apparently, the tournament is for MELEE NOT BRAWL! You heard it right. ONLY THE FINALS OF EACH STORE LEVEL TOURNAMENT ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO PLAYED ON BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????

This hasn't been confirmed but if it turns out to be true then Gamestop has traversed into a land where FAILURE is all people know.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Everywhere I go on smashboards all I see is people who are EXCITED about the Gamestop midnight tournament?! Seriously, am I the only one who truly sees the crappiness in this. How can anyone look at the rules they are using and still be excited about that tournament? Perhaps I will never know.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
No, you aren't Paul. It's just that only the people who care about it are expressing their feelings, while the people who realize how horribly ****ty the whole tournament idea is are off committing mass murder or tracking down, hunting, and killing those who think the tournament is a good idea.

It really is crappy. Don't sweat it.

Not a Wii Post.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey paul, I called up the two gamestops (coors and paseo, and cottonwood) they said you DO have to have it pre ordered to enter. But they also told me its going to be a Brawl tournament. So who knows. Gamestop = horrible tournament rules. Hopefully no kids start crying when a Bomb omb smacks them in the face and starts laughing... by bomb omb I mean twin and by smacks I mean... smascks them repeatedly

Gamecube post

tw1n

Smash Champion
I'm going to the mall gamestop while Kyle is going to Coors and Paseo. What other ones are open for the midnight release? ...westside crew rules

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Hmm...not sure. I can't seem to recall any other gamestops on the west side of town. Btw are you talking about the EB Games inside the mall? If I remember correctly EB Games is owned by Gamestop. I still haven't decided whether I want to go to the one in the mall or the one at coors and paseo. On one hand, the mall is only a few minutes away but on the other hand more people I know are going to the one at coors and paseo.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Awesome new pic Paul.

The EB Games inside the mall changed to a gamestop a few months ago. I would personally go for the Coors Paseo one to be honst. its bigger and there's a target right next door to kill time lol. How many people are going to that one? ZMan, Kyle, Reu, Everett(???) and who else?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I just talked to them. All you get for winning is a trophy... (a crappy one the guy said) and you move onto district. But they are already full on reserves for that tourny sorry Paul. Oh and it starts at 10. The number for that one is 839-1040 and the one in the mall is 890-8530 if you want to call them yourselves. So freakin cheap I swear. They couldn't even do a real prize.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Gah my computer broke, so now i have to browse the internet on the Wii =(

when i called them they said it would start at nine I'm probably wrong though

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER: Yeah it starts at nine, but I'll be there @ eight

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hope to see everyone at my place before that =D (Any confusion look at the other NM thread)

C-C-C-Combo breaker: haha old school fighters are awesome

Wow. Lots of catching up to do in this thread.

I've been passing the time with homework, track, eating and sleeping. That's about it. Maybe some T.V. here and there, and a lot of reading too. Reading is good for the soul. Mmmm...

I'm going to a dance the night of Brawl's release. The dance does not end until 11:00 either, so I only have to wait an hour inside of Gamestop. Actually more like 30 minutes or less, because I probably won't even leave until 11:15/11:30, and the Gamestop is about ten minutes away.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Well, I'm definitely going to the midnight release at Gamestop on Coors and Paseo. Since I'm not allowed to enter I'll just watch. The smart players are the ones who are going to take a stock away and then just run away from their opponent for the remainder of the match.

Also, my good friends ABP,ABS, Pice, and Lrin are going as well.

Top Bottom