• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tw1n

Smash Champion
I don't know. jacobgames are cool and all but Neil games are just like BAM!!! YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING (or did you!?) The only time I've seen better is when I suicided 3 times against LRIN (all at less than 10%) and still won! Mindgames... or luck... or skill... or MINDGAMES

tw1n

Smash Champion
it was at a tourny a while back. A few people say it. It was funny... and skilled :D

So figure out anything new in brawl kash?

reu_1303

Smash Apprentice
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to fin
Hey whats up I just posted on the other NM thread. Just wanted to Introduce my self you everyone. I have Lived in Albuqueque all my life, but have not played smash for that long, my Melee main was link, and I'm thinking about using Toon Link in Brawl. Well just thought I would drop in and say hi. BTW was anyone at the Wii launch at the gamestop on coors and paseo? I was there and if you where there you would probably remember me as Toast.

sync

Smash Apprentice
Goin' to midnight launch, play at the lame tourney there. Having people over for it. Skipping school on Monday so I can unlock all the characters by midnight Tuesday. XP

tw1n

Smash Champion
Whats up toast. Tw1n aka twin one here. hey who ever is planning on going to the coors and paseo to win the tourny and get the game is sadly mistaken (wait for everyone to guess why...1...2...3...) because Kyle (my bro) is gonna win that one :D Ha ha shot talking for you Kyle. Now back it up!!! I plan on getting everything by Sunday. Hopefully won't be too hard... or too easy

sync

Smash Apprentice
Meet you in the regionals, then Kyle. XP

But yeah, chances to play Brawl competitively are rare indeed for me. So this'll be fun. Even though they're 1min matches. But meh.

tw1n

Smash Champion
It is a farely regular meeting of smashness. At least 1 tournamnet a month along with other things and get togethers. Plus online Brawl with friends for the win :D

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
What's up Reu 1303 aka Toast. Alphabravo aka Paul here, welcome to the NM smash scene. It's always refreshing to see a new face around here. You'll come to know me as one of the worst competitive smashers around here.

Gamestop fails btw everyone. I'm definitely not going to enter any of those tournaments. Not only are the rules completely crap, but we have to use the controllers they provide and we have to pay for our own traveling. I might go, but only to pick up my copy of brawl and cheer on some of you guys. But I will not enter.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So far I have heard that there is not a store level prize. So I am out, too.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ha ha cheering us on would be like cheering on a lightning bold as it strikes a little kid... thats pretty much how its going to go :D

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Ha, that is a good one for sure. I read an analogy this guy made... he said he found the perfect analogy for the competitive and casual Smash scene, via hot dogs. It was amazing. You guys should try and find it in the General Brawl Discussion.

He went on about how competitive Smash is like competitive hot dog eating contests. You don't put any relish or ketchup on your hotdogs (items) because it makes it harder to win that way, even though it may taste better (perceived by some as more fun, but in that same respect, not everyone likes things on their hotdogs, like me).

I thought it was beautiful.

I'm going to go to the store level competition, get my game, own face, throw a middle finger at Gamestop, and go home and beat Subspace Emissary, AGAIN. This time in English =).

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I would kill to be there to see that. I would get Lewis out of work so he could throw his godly middle finger at them (If he has never flipped you off, again have him do it. It feels like you just got slapped in the face, kicked in the crotch, dunked under water, and catapulted into a mountain all at the same time... its perfect...)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yay I'm a contender... yay :D And ya Lewis' middle finger is as tho god came down and hit you. You hurt but at the same time are awe inspired and honored that you were chosen

Huh?!?

What's up Reu 1303 aka Toast. Alphabravo aka Paul here, welcome to the NM smash scene. It's always refreshing to see a new face around here. You'll come to know me as one of the worst competitive smashers around here.
Hahaha!! Wow...I haven't heard that joke in a long time. Anyways, I'm probably not going to enter any of the midnight tourneys either. Whatever. I'll find something to do. Still debating whether to miss school or not...hmmm...I'll still go to track either way, so I guess I should go. DANG IT!!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol if only. I wouldn't even go to my classes I would be all over Brawl! Too bad I can't meet you Reu, but tis all good I will see you at the first Brawl monthly... Whenever that may be

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
That's cool. According to Jacob Menaul is having a midnight release, so I'm still going there. He's gonna come to my house, hopefully.

Jacob, what say you too hooking up two TVs and playing SSE simultaneously =P?

sync

Smash Apprentice
And that information is correct, for that is where I have mine preordered. They don't have the details worked out, but the midnight release is definitely happening.

Sounds good. Right now I'm trying to determine the right moment to mention everything to my dad. XP

Top Bottom