• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Bah, I'm too late. Won't be able to attend the fest.

Um, maybe you can come by and drop off my Wii Remote when you're done with the fest, Walker? Address is 8340 River St. NE in Sun North Estates. Just south of Alameda close to the freeway.

Napos

Smash Ace
Thanks to everyone who came! It was fun and great learning experience! I look forward to more fests in the near future.

I'm busy until wed so I'll be M.I.A.

Oh btw, someone left a backpack here!

Black,blue and gray

letters ES on it.

anyones?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Yesh

Also, would people be interested in fests any point between Next Wednesday and the Wednesday after that? My family is gonna be in Philly. I can provide Pizza probably

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Hey Walker, do you think you might be at your house sometime around noon/afternoon tomorrow? Thinking of stopping by to get my Wii Remote while me and my folks are out doing stuff.

tekkie

Smash Master
that fest was magical. nolan, thank you for the surprise. patrick, thanks for the ride. walker, thanks for the practice. steven, thanks for doubles-ing

two awesome fests in a row :D

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I don't even remember the fest lol. lack of sleep+not even a little sober does that though.

The only thing I remember is that you need to learn to doubles tekkie

Iria

Smash Rookie
Hello, I got back from Fanime 2011 on Monday night. The brawl tournament was pretty intense. The #1 (Zex), #2 (Sean), #4 (Jeepy), #6 (Sky) of nor cal, and the #8 (CPU, not the same one from CPU vs Ken) of so cal attended. I luckily placed in the top 8 somehow lol (about 110-120 players).

Aside from that, I'll post links to pics for my costume I used later.

ATTENTION NEW MEXICO:

We have a very big tournament coming up in a week and a half. This post is very important, I need everyone to read it and respond as soon as you can. Firstly, I need to know if everyone has been passing out fliers to this miserable state! If not, then print them out and START DELIVERING EVERYWHERE RIGHT NOW, LIKE TODAY. We have ten days peoples, lol. Also, I am going to post the list of tournament supplies at the end of this post, so please confirm that it is correct to your knowledge, and if you can bring something else let me know.

I am going to be doing a snack bar, however I don't want to buy all the snacks by myself. I will, but I'd rather not. SO, I am asking for donations from everyone! If you guys could all go out and buy some big Costco sized...SOMETHING, it would be appreciated. :) I am looking for specific things, not limited to any brand though:

Candy (such as Twizzlers and Skittles, or chocolate bars. Obviously the small bags.)
Granola bars of any sort
Gatorade (LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS)
Bottled water
Fruit Snacks
Gum
Bagged chips like Cheeze-Its!

You guys get the gist. Anything like this will be greatly appreciated. Let me know right away if you can get any of this for me. I will buy the rest, but I am also going to order a BOAT-LOAD of Dion's pizza for lunch.

Okay, next! Can anyone else house besides KC, Twins, Lewis?

Finally, I am bringing my lap-top for Melee brackets. Who can bring a laptop for Brawl brackets, and a third for all 2D fighter brackets?

Here is the list of tournament supplies thus far:

Wii’s for Brawl: 7
1. Walker
2. Erich
3. Nicknyte
4. Kasey
5. Zack
6. PotatokisS
7. Xtina

Gamecubes for Melee: 7
1. Erich
2. Nicknyte
3. Kyle/David
4. PotatokisS
5. Dylan
6. PotatokisS
7. Xtina

PS3’s for Street Fighter 4/MvC3/MK9/Tk6: 5
1. Zack (SSF4, MvC3, MK9)
2. PotatokisS (SSF4, MvC3, MK9, Tk6)
3. Dylan (SSF4, MvC3, Tk6)
4. Pi (SSF4, MvC3, MK9, Tk6)
5. Xtina (SSF4, MvC3, Tk6)

TV’s: 14
1. Erich
2. Kyle/David
3. Erich
4. Kyle/David
5. Walker
6. Zack
7. Kasey
8. Zack
9. Steven
10. Neil
11. PotatokisS
12. Neil
13. Pi
14. Neil

That's it. That's all we've got. Think we need more? Yes. Also, we are going to need to label everyone's stuff to be sure everything is organized correctly, and if we are going to do discounts, we need to figure that out as well. Also, I would like everything to arrive at relatively the same time, so if we could maybe have like a cargo shipment of everything when I go to the venue early, that would be great!

Thanks everyone for being the awesome state of New Mexico. Help me get this thing organized, and we'll have one heck of an awesome tournament! :D

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Alright, you have a topic for this already, right? I just need to remind myself where this tournament will be hosted.

EDIT: Found it, will keep the date mindful. :)
It's a bit of a maybe for me though. Money johns and all that.
Stupid McDonalds hiring me and not giving me hours/paying me.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I can confirm all the things i said I was bringing.

I've gotten maybes from several magic players, and a few yeses to attendance.

Iria

Smash Rookie
Ok here is the video of the walk on fashion show part of the masquerade that I was in. I was the first entry. Also, my costume took some damage so it was semi-unstable (would collapse) and thus I wasn't able to use the boots I made for it. Futhermore, due to the minor damage it took on the long trip, I had to hold it up from the inside so I was unable to control the arms as designed (I let them just hang). The costume weighs about 30-40 lbs and is 5 ft wide! Oh well, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_joa7Uewvw

I am the very first entry. They also didn't comment on the internal controls I had (i.e. video camera, video glasses, ipod, stereo sound system, electroluminescent panels, etc.)

@tekkie the Fanime 2011 brawl tournament was a loltourney with really really lame prizes (random DVDs for 1st place, a pencil holder for 2nd, nothing for 3rd). It was just a for-fun tourney but one that had some serious players lol.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Would people be down for a fest at my place tomorrow? It could start around 4, and I can provide Pizza.

Iria, who did you lose to?

Walker, a Wii and a TV right? Also, I think I'd be down for a fest tomorrow. I work until 8:30, but maybe after that. I'm feeling pretty sick right now though, so maybe not, eh...I had better sleep a lot and rest.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Walker, a Wii and a TV right? Also, I think I'd be down for a fest tomorrow. I work until 8:30, but maybe after that. I'm feeling pretty sick right now though, so maybe not, eh...I had better sleep a lot and rest.
Yeah, wii and TV. Gamecube might be possible, don't know for sure yet.

So, if people want a fest, text me. I'm not gonna bring home pizza unless people ask lol

Iria

Smash Rookie
Here is a better pic of my costume. Again, it wasn't fully functional due to the minor damages it took on the way there (i.e. no boots).

Iria

Smash Rookie
It's too big! It takes about 30-60min to assemble/equip, weighs 30-40 lbs, is 5 ft wide, and is hot as **** inside (I can't even be inside it for more than 15 minutes). But it is an awesome costume (after it gets some repairs).

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I just thought I should let you guys know that the $100 insurance to the success to the tournament is still here. Just thought I would say beforehand though, that in case I have to use it, it will be a loan, not a gift, for good reason. Also, the money is not for the pot, but for property damage (God forbid) and any maintenance fees we might incrue.

The reason this $100 is a loan is simple. Either you guys can pay me back after it is used, or you guys can fly me back to ABQ at any time since the ticket is $100 as well. :D

Just know that I will be able to provide any back up financial support to the success of the tourney through it's venue and administration, not through it's prizes (Not unless you count entry and tournament entry fees :D)

Top Bottom