• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
So, Neil and I are looking for someone who wants to go to supercon/save our *****. Nolan is sick, and we need a second driver (because I cant drive). I'm not comfortable going with just one driver.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Just make the drive guys. It only 6 hours. I have driven to denver several times. Its not that bad. A straight shot north on I 25.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Woke last night with a high fever and apparently I have some bad infections, was in the hospital a lot of today. Doctor said spending six hours in a car was probably the worst idea she's ever heard.

tekkie

Smash Master
Woke last night with a high fever and apparently I have some bad infections, was in the hospital a lot of today. Doctor said spending six hours in a car was probably the worst idea she's ever heard.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

**** dude, that sucks. get well soon man.

who else is going?

It's ok, we'll have a buttsex party for those who couldn't go.

Actually, no way. Sorry, Walker and Neil. I'll save the buttsexin' for Nolan.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I guess Dekar got 2-0'd by mikeHaze in pools. But then I also heard something about Dekar sandbagging. Dunno tho.

Hey all, I have a question: if I held mini-tournaments each week, would you guys all come to them? I figure if we hold a very small tournament each week, even if it's round robin (which is better than bracket for improvement, IMO), then our state will become much better in the long run. They would be for both Brawl and Melee as well. Those are the two main ones that people play these days. Street Fighter too I guess. And I may ask around and see if I can rent a room for a "large" tournament one day soon too...but anyway, is there any interest in that? The entry fee will be anywhere from $2-$5, whatever you guys want to do.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I would love that. The only problem is work for me and Kyle :( but we can do our best to make them.

Also when do you leave for your mission buddy?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Fun trip to supercon!

Had a great eye opening talk with neil during the last bit.

But out of the several amazing stories and all of the great people we hung out with, none will ever compare to this:

So while driving back, I began flipping through radio stations trying to find anything. It was all country (which blows), but then I stumbled upon 97.7, which was playing an Atreyu song I love. Right after that song ended, another started that had screaming right off the bat. I'm thinking "Hey it's better than country right?" That was until the song randomly stopped and a song by Aqua (can't remember which but it wasn't barbie girl or cartoon heroes) came on. Fast techno beat caught me off guard but I started dancing and laughing with Walker and Neil.

As it turns out, that was the station that Molly had chosen for her ipod adapter and somehow I stumbled upon it. We shared this revalation and then continued to drive home while making hand gestures about songs and dancing from separate vehicles. As a fun gesture, they began to play America, **** YEAH! I was singing, laughing, and we were waving our arms outside of the window. But they skipped the song halfway in and played this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Yes, she rick roll'd us from another car. It was amazing... absolutley amazing...

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Indeed, the tournament was, as said in my texts, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I will write shoutouts in due time. However, I will make this shoutout right now, and it's hilariously self-evident:

Colorado's Smash Scene Is Officially Garbage At Melee (Brawlers May Have A Chance)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=54708

Disposing of Jeris, supposedly the best melee player in Colorado, in a tournament match and hearing Tim's reaction to the meteor-cancel -> knee was one of the most satisfying moments in my life.

no hard feelings Jeris, we're 1-1 right now. I still <3 you hardcore

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Can't wait to hear more supercon stories at the next fest I go to. Seems like you guys had a good time!

I would love that. The only problem is work for me and Kyle :( but we can do our best to make them.

Also when do you leave for your mission buddy?
I can arrange for the tournaments to be any day of the week at any time, so it's not just on Saturday. Just PM me your work schedule for the week when you find out or what-have-you.

Also, awesome Supercon stories guys. It would have been fun to go, but alas...

Top Bottom