• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sounds fun Nolan. :) Do well, as I do not think I will be able to make it...I'm most likely going to be busy tomorrow night.

Next time you hold a fest Neil, I am going to request your help with Calculus again. :) You are a better teacher than my college professor, at least for the style of learning that I have. And maybe you Twins' could help me too, haha. I just need to finish this semester...I'm tired.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
So I just talked to my RA about the tournament. We're going to have to take the entry fee off the flier if we're going to hold it, because of UNMs policy on gambling. We technically can't hold a tourney with gambling, so i'm going to give out gift cards as prizes. HOWEVER, I will be willing to BUY your gift card off of you if you win for however much it is worth (ex, the 60, 30, 10 percent split) after the tournament.

Basically, we just need to take the entry fee off the flier.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Is it possible that you can hold the tourney at the SUB instead then? Most people are going to get confused trying to find the alvorado dorms not to mention the doors are always kept shut and locked.

tekkie

Smash Master
So I just talked to my RA about the tournament. We're going to have to take the entry fee off the flier if we're going to hold it, because of UNMs policy on gambling. We technically can't hold a tourney with gambling, so i'm going to give out gift cards as prizes. HOWEVER, I will be willing to BUY your gift card off of you if you win for however much it is worth (ex, the 60, 30, 10 percent split) after the tournament.

Basically, we just need to take the entry fee off the flier.
how aboot this?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Tekkie, that flier is sexy. However, looking at it with the simulated confusion of a random scrub, I would add "in each game" to that last line about the prizes. Also, I would put $ signs on either side of the aforementioned line, just to give the flier some visual shorthand for "CASH PRIZE" without actually stating "CASH PRIZE".

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
I was lurkin around and saw that u guys are havin a tourny on the 8th. I was thinkin maybe I could go, cause I was gonna go to tp5 but that doesn't seem like its gonna happen, but then I saw this.

So yeah-

remember! There's a tourney on the 8th, Nolan's dorm (basement) etc. etc. it'll be awesome and amazing and Colorado and El Paso are coming. So come!
Elpaso and colorado are going? Is this still true? If so, ima most def try and get a car of az smashers to come. No promises tho since that is the weekend before most peoples finals... and is there gonna be brawl- dubs?

Edit: also u all best be goin to az for devastation! Its gonna be da shizzznit!

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
If anyone has a few hundred dollars to slam down per hour for a room in the sub, I will hold it there.

I love you Tekkie.
Now that I think about it, we really should put SOMETHING to let scrubs know there is an entry fee. Maybe put CALL NOLAN IF YOU'RE ATTENDING or something so I can give them the info.

Yes Bryce, DO IT.

I'm willing to play in b minus dubs if others are. I'm not sure if anyone can beat my pika and walkers jiggs though =/

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
darklink is prolly goin to tp5 along wit some others... for the people not going, ima tell em bout this. HYPE!

In b- I also play jiggs. She's effn ****! No one can touch me! Muhahaha

If we do get a car commin, is there anyone that could house? Daid/kyle, neil? I'm willing to stay anywhere as long as we can smash all night :)

tekkie

Smash Master
darklink is prolly goin to tp5 along wit some others... for the people not going, ima tell em bout this. HYPE!

get gah. im getting on his case :D

and dammit i play jiggs (and zss and rob) too. sing is so good

tw1n

Smash Champion

If we do get a car commin, is there anyone that could house? Daid/kyle, neil? I'm willing to stay anywhere as long as we can smash all night :)
Yes you all will stay with us!!! You guys better come now. If not you just crushed my dreams :( Bring Axe por favor lol.

sooooooooo gooooooooooood! fsmash to fsmash to uair to rest is bomb ;)
Dude my Luigi will murder you all bwahahaha!!! I only played it one night but I was "the best" so therefor its an easy win right??????

tw1n

Smash Champion
No no no. your diddy is pretty mediocre (oh snap)
So what odds do you have of beating my Luigi?!
Read my sig son. Forward says I am pretty good at life. That translates into phenominal at smash ;)

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Yes Bryce, DO IT.
Nolan, your entire persuasive game relies around THIS SINGLE PHRASE.
Next time you hold a fest Neil, I am going to request your help with Calculus again. :) You are a better teacher than my college professor, at least for the style of learning that I have. And maybe you Twins' could help me too, haha. I just need to finish this semester...I'm tired.
I'm glad to hear that. I probably won't hold a fest for a while . . . nor while I attend anything until May 8, TBH. So if I were you, I would ask the Twins, it's probably way more convenient for you anyway, since you see them more often anyway.
but the ps3... has
no the game
I swear, politicians should learn to talk in spoilers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, behold what is probably the best-named melee combo video of all time (it's also really good to boot!).

Arms

Smash Rookie
Patrick's fest is tomorrow...plus the albq ranbat tourney is on saturday...we're only going to be playing SSF4...sorry...
Hahah, Paul knows his ****..

But it will be more than just SF.
monster hunter

No but really, people can come and hook up whatever they want.

Arms

Smash Rookie
TENTATIVE FEST NOTICE: I will be updating as the details unfold.

As most of you may know, Super Street Fighter 4 is already upon us

It has come to my attention that I DO have this apartment to myself for the entire weekend. This fest will be over the course of 2 days (Friday/Saturday)
Finals on monday lol

Feel free to come and go
or stay, thats cool too
and play the **** outa street fighter and monster hunter. I guess smash can come too.

There are two rules:
1) You make a mess let me ****ing know and help clean it up..
2) No training mode.
****ing casuals

Otherwise things that can happen are buttsex, anal ******, late night orgies, ********************

BE THERE OR NOT TO BE THERE, you know the ****ing answer!

Can anyone say Side Tourneys?

I'm lazy so most of this was copy pasta'd

HURR DURR I forgot my other ****

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...ue,+Bernalillo,+New+Mexico+87111&z=17&iwloc=A

my phone number is 505 801 0259 call me when you get to the apartments so i can tell you where to go

Top Bottom