• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Dekar173

Justice Man
Why host a tourney for another game when you scrubs won't enter?

If you want an SF tourney, go to whatever Pi is hosting since his tourneys are actually very well run.

Come to this if you want to have a casualfest in the corner again!

Cheer me on as I win MLG lose by 2%

Tekkie just put Brawl, Brawl- (it's bound to happen) and Melee.

It's the 8th for sure, and request work off etc.

Let's try and actually have something here for Doom to, you know, enjoy.

tekkie

Smash Master

If you want an SF tourney, go to whatever Pi is hosting since his tourneys are actually very well run.

Cheer me on as I win MLG lose by 2%

Tekkie just put Brawl, Brawl- (it's bound to happen) and Melee.

It's the 8th for sure, and request work off etc.

Let's try and actually have something here for Doom to, you know, enjoy.
pi is ****ing awesome

money match the hell out of everyone and win, especially wolf users

i'll make a flyer asap for the 8th

Dekar173

Justice Man
Also Tekkie, you may want to say something about an "Amateurs Only" Brawl tourney (Melee too if you guys wants) so we can have 2 separate tourneys- 1 for all the random scrubbies living at UNM so they actually have fun and don't just end up losing 0-2 to us tourney***s and wasting their money/hating life, and then we can throw half of that pot into the real pot :O

It's fool-proof I say.

tekkie

Smash Master
Also Tekkie, you may want to say something about an "Amateurs Only" Brawl tourney (Melee too if you guys wants) so we can have 2 separate tourneys- 1 for all the random scrubbies living at UNM so they actually have fun and don't just end up losing 0-2 to us tourney***s and wasting their money/hating life, and then we can throw half of that pot into the real pot :O

It's fool-proof I say.
sounds good, as long as we do it in separate brackets like that one time instead of splitting it down half of one bracket like that one other time, that was just weird

Arms

Smash Rookie

The street fighter matches we played at that tourney was the most fun I have ever had a smash tourny
'cept pound lololol

August, I'll play MB:AA with you!!! That game looks almost as good as Super Turtle Fighter 4

Dekar173

Justice Man
I never said it wasn't fun, I just said I wasn't going to worry about accomodating you guys with SF because there are much better tourneys you guys can go to for that.

MUCH better.

And ya Tekkie, we won't be doing that again. That was primarily due to everyone collectively failing and us having a terrible turnout.

Tekkie, I'm using a PS2 emulator to play. It runs pretty much perfectly after some tweaking. I'm pretty sure you can run it without a gaming pc, considering it's just a 2D PS2 game.

There's information on it HERE.

Use your high sailing skills to get the rest of what you need.
BIOS + ISO

I know Super is right around the corner, but I think Melty is pretty cool. I'm still trying to grasp the game systems, but it doesn't seem that difficult to play. I just don't want to put any time into it unless there are other people interested.

Pretty much the only reason I even bother picking up so many different fighting games is that I hope to introduce someone (hint: anyone) from the smash community to traditional fighters. So far... there's been nibbles, like Nolan with GG, Walker with BB, and a few others for SF, but there hasn't been a real catch yet.

So, hear me out smash***s, try to play something else. Please.

tekkie

Smash Master
Tekkie, I'm using a PS2 emulator to play. It runs pretty much perfectly after some tweaking. I'm pretty sure you can run it without a gaming pc, considering it's just a 2D PS2 game.
i dont think my 1 gig of ram and 1.73ghz processor and integrated graphics card can handle it

but i am gonna download Melty Blood ReAct Final Tuned (Version_2.501b), whatever that is

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Pretty much the only reason I even bother picking up so many different fighting games is that I hope to introduce someone (hint: anyone) from the smash community to traditional fighters. So far... there's been nibbles, like Nolan with GG, Walker with BB, and a few others for SF, but there hasn't been a real catch yet.

So, hear me out smash***s, try to play something else. Please.
Nobody wants to play anything other their own game, so we have a bunch of 2-4 person game scenes lol. I'm up to try most things, but I don't like fighters where characters can't move (SF and Tekken for example). I'd get into TvC, but people have already stopped playing. There isn't a consensus game, so **** competitive, just play for funsies, as we won't have a 10 person scene for any game anytime soon.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
i know patrick (when in the mood), paul, august, and myself are down to slam in tvc. Game is so fun people need to give it a chance. plus i need to train so i don't choke at devastation/supercon/evo
I'll play next time there is a fest, but people never set it up/suggest it. If it actually picks up, I will actually just buy it too, since it's on a console I own lol.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
As far as games go, I'm Brawl exclusive. I play a little Melee, but I don't like it as much as Brawl. Like I said on an earlier page, SF is fun and I enjoy watching/playing a little, but it's certainly not something I put any time into (or am able to put time into, no PS3/360 :p). I entered Brawl+ at SNES and Pound 4, even though I can't take it seriously as a competitive game, and have done well. I've never played Brawl-, but I'm sure it's easy enough to get the hang of.

You guys can put any side events you want at the tourney, it's totally up to you. As long as there's Brawl singles and teams (teaming with AB :D), I'm content.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Lol, I knew that much. XD I'm just saying that you guys don't have to worry about catering to my interests here, you can feel free to run whatever you want.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
So my odds of going to your may 8th tourney have gone up slightly. Would someone let me sleep in their bed? Or on floor, if needed/kinky.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
he'll discover the best flash game of the decade the morning of and quit smash (again).

my dorm is always open, if tekkie is taking my guest bed you can always bring a sleeping bag, but i'm sure neil will house and you'll have a much comfier place.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
So my odds of going to your may 8th tourney have gone up slightly. Would someone let me sleep in their bed? Or on floor, if needed/kinky.
Bring some more of CO yes? And don't leave afterwords.

Also, I can'r offer lodgings, but Neil will of course.

Top Bottom