• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
ooh, will do. thanks!

I guess posting in the December Tourney thread brought me from 64. I guess now I'll have to go post some until I get to 69.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
At dorm now, sorry for not making contact to anyone this morning. Arms and Walker are confirmed, Zman texted asking so maybe he's coming.

AUGUST COME L;AKFKLAJDFLK BRING JET GRIND RADIO <333

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
I FIGURED THAT OUT WITHOUT YOUR HELP, STEVEN! >:O

Also, is anyone from the westside going to Nolan's fest? My dad is going somewhere for the weekend and I'm left without a car. Which also means I'll probably have a fest at my place on Saturday if anyone feels like coming.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
hey august you posted in the tourny thread. thats why you have 65 posts. AND HOLD A FEST TOMORROW! i would go right over as soon as my geology thing is done.

and i still stand by alttp being the best zelda game.

or (for anyone who is interested) we could go to this http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=11185& for a day of wonderment and gettting pooped on in fighting games. if any goes let me know

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Oh man school sucks right now. And all of the time. So many projects/tests. Hope you all are doing well. I will not be able to do any sort of smashing before the tournament so that sucks. I hopefully I won't have degraded to a complete pile of rust by then.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
The only bad zelda games were the 3 most people have written from existencde (names dont come to mind but one of them was wizards wand or something like that. And in one of them you were Zelda trying to rescue Link. Thats meant to be terrible).

And MM is an amazing game that often gets rated higher than OoT (which is also great). ALTTP is my all time favorite. But you are all forgetting Zelda 1 and 2. 1 was two games in one and extremely difficult in its master quest. And 2 was a unique and extremely difficult game, but a great one nonetheless.

And TP wasnt a bad game in the slightest! But come on it's gotta be hard to live up to the high expectations of the Zelda series. As well game reviews gave it 10's and 9.5's (or 5 stars). TP is and will always be a great game.

My guess is some of you ****ied out and used the guide :p

:link:

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Great games don't go gold with a bug (that the testers found!) that can ruin your save file. If you had no attachment to the Zelda series and played TP and Okami back to back, could you honestly say that TP was a "great" game? Nothing in it innovates or captivates like other adventure or Zelda games do.

As for using the guide...I could write the guide. I likely played the game more than everyone in this thread combined =/

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Liking it is more than fine. I like certain parts, like the stealth keep in the desert and the hidden village. But it really doesn't have anything about it that makes it great. Then again, I'm not really huge on Zelda in the first place, so meh.

Kirbster13

Smash Cadet
Well I liked TP because it's like an updated version of OOT. All of the Zelda games have the same concept, with a gimmick thrown in. This time it was the shadow realm/wolf crap. Anyone who was honestly expecting some huge revolutionary change in the zelda series should hit themselves in the face.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Great games don't go gold with a bug (that the testers found!) that can ruin your save file. If you had no attachment to the Zelda series and played TP and Okami back to back, could you honestly say that TP was a "great" game? Nothing in it innovates or captivates like other adventure or Zelda games do.

As for using the guide...I could write the guide. I likely played the game more than everyone in this thread combined =/
That bug got fixed in later copies of the game, if you're talking about the cannon room glitch. Also, I made many Zelda guides at GameFAQs. >_>

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
The only bad zelda games were the 3 most people have written from existencde (names dont come to mind but one of them was wizards wand or something like that. And in one of them you were Zelda trying to rescue Link. Thats meant to be terrible).

Two of them you actually played as Zelda trying to save link lol. I want to get these games so that I can truly have played and beaten them all.

And TP wasnt a bad game in the slightest! But come on it's gotta be hard to live up to the high expectations of the Zelda series. As well game reviews gave it 10's and 9.5's (or 5 stars). TP is and will always be a great game.

My guess is some of you ****ied out and used the guide :p

:link:
Lol at this. TP wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't a good one. See tim's/my posts.

Also, there is no reason to use the guide. There is nothing difficult to find, and they ever freaking tell you where to find all the heart pieces in game. The overworld is huge and pretty, but entirely empty of almost anything. There is like one character in the game (Midna). The story stops halfway in. It's by far the most overrated Zelda of all time.

Also. in a lulzy moment, I did look for a guide. I was so sure I had done everything I could have, yet I couldn't discover how to obtain the magic power shown on the back of the case, and it drove me ****ing insane. So after a lot of checking and double checking, I discovered that nintendo used a screenshot of when there was magic in TP, and then cut it out. /rage

Molly, Learn 2 Majora's Mask. Many totally different concepts in it.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I actually will say that TP is pretty fun if you play it Ironman style.

No upgrades of any kind, no shield, ordon sword except for when you kill ganon. Oh, and wear the zora tunic permanently after getting it. The bonus dungeon is pretty hard this way, I think my best was 3 from the bottom.

Make a 2nd save file before the hidden village and try to beat it this way without using arrows, is fun. The fire arrows 2 shot you, but the point is to not get hit.

The point about the cannon glitch is that it shouldn't have been in any release of the game. It was determined by higher-ups that it would not happen to anyone, and thus was a low priority fix that got ignored past v1.

Also, I drank too much coffee and can't sleep =/

tw1n

Smash Champion
So August can host a fest tomorrow... and Neil is hosting one I think. Hey Neil. Move your fests to Augusts place so I don't have to drive as far lol.

If not then I will see most of you by 10 or 10:30 tomorrow kk =]

Hey Paul. If I don't see you before the tournie on the 12th, please bring our tv there

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
DTL there is a reason most people don't like you.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Oh no people don't like me on the internet :(

Dekar's just mad cuz sandbaggers don't like being counter-sandbagged.

Also I have a medium sized *****.
put this here to encourage crappy trolling. GL;HF

Dekar173

Justice Man
The thing is, I don't sandbag in teams, ever. And further still, I wouldn't sandbag Tim :)

It was just irritating that I was trying to play with you guys, and meanwhile you were ******* off trying your hardest to not improve.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
So is August holding a fest today? I might come over if he is, considering I don't have much to do here.

Top Bottom