• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Arms

Smash Rookie
Hey Dekar are you two flying out of Denver still?

So when I get mine I know to do that too.

And how much did it cost?
We got our tickets for 270ish flying out of ABQ, leaving on the 15th and getting back on the 19th.

SO HYPE

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
EDIT: Wait, Paul, 3 stock? Won't we be laughed at if we do a 3 stock tournament? I haven't seen one of those since like 2004. Or were you talking about Brawl+?
I was talking about Brawl+.

Btw, an example of a bad competitive fighting game is when someone can just pick up the controller/stick, mash buttons, and beat experienced players. As long as there's a gap to separate beginner players and good players the game is competitively viable.

Brawl, Melee, SF, Tekken, SC, etc all have this gap.

@Kyle: Several people say Melee is a bad competitive game, doesn't mean it is...

Dekar173

Justice Man
Lmao Ronald.

I'm up for running Tekken 6, but I need Paul and Steven to post in SRK letting them know about it, and telling them to bring setups/TVs to make it happen :O

We need a flier methinks :)

tw1n

Smash Champion
your both wrong, gkirbs and kyle, the first street fighter is the most balanced fighter of all time. two characters exactly the same!
This is a winning quote lol.

Ok so someone start making flyers and posting up stuff everywhere. I will help too. Start posting in other states too.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
What's the venue address, Dekar? I just want to make sure I'm ready...even though I've got like a full month to prepare.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Hey Gkirbz wanna do a grappling/mma MM?
and by that I mean find an excuse to hold each other and then just claim we broke even on MM's and dont trade money afterwards? :p
oh hell yes twin <3 im so down for a fight and by fight i mean cuddle and possible 2nd and 3rd base with both twins

my spoiler tags > your spoiler tags

your both wrong, gkirbs and kyle, the first street fighter is the most balanced fighter of all time. two characters exactly the same!
tekken 6 is the 2nd most balanced fighter of all time

Dekar173

Justice Man
Alright, address to venue is:

801 Locust Place NE 87102

Which of you photoshop pros can make a flier? I will print up a bunch and advertise, but I need the thing I'm going to be advertising XD

Also Paul, I figure we'll just run B+ and Brawl at the same time, and when B+ is nearing its end, we'll shift more and more TVs over to Brawl.

We will need EVERYONE to bring stuff if they can. Bring a wii, bring a gamecube, bring a TV, bring a power strip, bring anything that can help make things run smoothly!

Also, Steven I know it's a strange request but could you bring Mario Bros Wii? I'd like for people to be able to take a break and enjoy one hell of a fun game ;D

Banned via Warnings

Which of you photoshop pros can make a flier? I will print up a bunch and advertise, but I need the thing I'm going to be advertising XD

Also Paul, I figure we'll just run B+ and Brawl at the same time, and when B+ is nearing its end, we'll shift more and more TVs over to Brawl.

We will need EVERYONE to bring stuff if they can. Bring a wii, bring a gamecube, bring a TV, bring a power strip, bring anything that can help make things run smoothly!

Also, Steven I know it's a strange request but could you bring Mario Bros Wii? I'd like for people to be able to take a break and enjoy one hell of a fun game ;D
I'll make one if you promise to slap sinz upon arrival to utah :3

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
if i got my greasy hands on photoshop id make a flyer, but im not doing computer graphics this year :(

and casey, steven or anyone else that has player mario bros wii, how is it? is it as hard as the previews made it out to be?

Banned via Warnings
if i got my greasy hands on photoshop id make a flyer, but im not doing computer graphics this year :(

and casey, steven or anyone else that has player mario bros wii, how is it? is it as hard as the previews made it out to be?
i might be able to get you it.... <.<

dude its not even that hard i beat it first day and itll take like an hourish more to collect the star tokens i missed, however it is by far the funnest co-op game i have ever played :3

inb4threeplayerscancheattheflightsystemtoflyforever

Dekar173

Justice Man
It is amazingly fun. Gkirbz isn't lying when he says it's the most fun co-op game out there. It easily is, and you'll understand why when you get to try it!

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet

I could try to make one, though I don't have Photoshop. I do feel like I'm pro at MS Paint though. >_>

I just need all the details...like which games are gonna be hosted. I already know Melee, Brawl, Brawl+, and BlazBlue are there...any Tekken, Street Fighter, or Mahvel? Also, I looked up the address and it's at the Sun Village Apartments...I'm guessing this tournament will be held at the central clubhouse. The entry fee will be...what? 5 dollars per person? Sounds reasonable.

It is amazingly fun. Gkirbz isn't lying when he says it's the most fun co-op game out there. It easily is, and you'll understand why when you get to try it!
So we're gonna play some NSMBWii at the next smashfest? :3

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
ill try mario bros wii next fest. personally i don't think any game could have as fun co-op as gunstar heroes but ill play it and see how things are :D

gkirbs- i tried a demo of photoshop on my pc and my pc almost crashed :(

tekkie

Smash Master
get gimp. **** photoshop.

also is the coop in new super mario bros as good as little big planet? cause that **** was cash.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Too bad there are still snakes, marths, and metaknight players around...

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of Zack's computer and picture editing and invisible text, now would be a good time to ask...

How do you successfully post a message under 10 characters? wtf :crazy::crazy:
is it like a sinz only thing?
Do you have to be a Captain Falcon/Melee/NM-ditching eyeliner-wearing drama-loving anti-Mormon Mormon?

If so, I'm fairly certain the costs outweigh the benefits :laugh:

EDIT: BRYCE I'LL HOUSE YOU MY HONEY BUNNY SMOOCH-UMS!!!

Edit2: sorry about that Derek moment

EDIT3: When's BBW tonight? I'm actually free.

Banned via Warnings
Too bad there are still snakes, marths, and metaknight players around...
too bad your a tier ***** :3 half the reason you win in utah is cuz we dont know the marth match up here as well as other places

inb4iwuddamainedkirbyevenifhewasmeleebad<3
On the subject of Zack's computer and picture editing and invisible text, now would be a good time to ask...

How do you successfully post a message under 10 characters? wtf :crazy::crazy:
is it like a sinz only thing?
Do you have to be a Captain Falcon/Melee/NM-ditching eyeliner-wearing drama-loving anti-Mormon Mormon?

If so, I'm fairly certain the costs outweigh the benefits :laugh:

EDIT: BRYCE I'LL HOUSE YOU MY HONEY BUNNY SMOOCH-UMS!!!

Edit2: sorry about that Derek moment

EDIT3: When's BBW tonight? I'm actually free.
assuming it was me you were addressing.....

im not telling you how i did it ;)

its not a sinz only thing

<.< im not a mormon

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Hey the tourneys on the westside right? Which is 20 min closer than Neils...

TWINS WILL BE HOUSING!!!!

thats right I said it. First come first serve with personal priorities. Or we can get like 10 or 20 people at Lewis' who is also on the west side :p
EDIT: Wait I guess its not on the westside. I'll look it up more later lol

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Let's compile the info I have for either me or someone else to make the fliers.

TOURNAMENT AT DECEMBER 12TH

Location: Clubhouse at Sun Village Apartments by the Big I, 801 Locust Pl.

Games:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl / Brawl+ (singles and doubles)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (singles and doubles)
BlazBlue
Tekken 6 (Possible)

Entry fee: $5 each person per game (When signing for doubles, pay an extra $5 unless you have a designated partner, in which case both pay $5)

Registration Time: ??
Start Time: 1 hour later

Top Bottom