• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Josh, thanks to Ronald (I doubt you've met the guy), I temporarily have a capture card. This applies to all of you, expect me to have a lot more smashfests over the next 6 weeks. The group photo can happen there too. I *MIGHT* have a fest this Saturday. Not sure yet.

I'm telling you people, this capture card means more to me than having sex with a hot girl who I actually like :crazy:

I've noticed that nearly everyone's complaining about the date of the big tourney, and no exception here. I HAVE to be somewhere downtown at 12 - 4 pm, so I won't make it until ~4:30 pm. That poses a problem for my housing OOS smashers and my running the melee tournament (although I suppose someone else could do it).

I seriously suggest reconsideration of the date. The venue would probably be available during the holidays anyway.

Kyle, assuming I make it on time if the tourney stays on the 12th, I guess... Although I must say - for the future - you have to perfect the art of finding a teammate, especially the asking part ;)

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Josh, thanks to Ronald (I doubt you've met the guy), I temporarily have a capture card. This applies to all of you, expect me to have a lot more smashfests over the next 6 weeks.
*gets a big grin on face*

...Twin_A, I still haven't been shown Neil's epic feat a few weeks ago. >_>

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
It's not really that epic, Josh. You'll be disappointed at the very least.

In other news, remembering my lovely walk with Ronald and Steven to the apartment and our equally lovely nostalgic memories about GENESIS, in particular Armada and Mango, I came across this video of stunning inspiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlBcmeQpjl0

It doesn't seem that impressive at first, but YOU MUST read the comments to appreciate the full extent of the power beheld to your unworthy eyes. In my unwavering mind, this beast that Sweden has unleashed is undoubtedly the best melee player in the world. He surpasses time, space, and humanity itself.

Hold me; I'm scared :urg:

Original match here.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Meanwhile, TVtropes has absolutely consumed me. I have 15 tabs of it up and it keeps growing.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
You wouldn't want me to link to it, trust me, Zman. It's like the internet version of WoW. Once you start reading, you'll get hooked, possibly for months on end. Every article links to various other tvtrope articles, which hooks you like crazy. It's basically a site on how culture does various things. Like, the fact that almost every survival horror game has a creepy hospital...that's called a trope. It lists every video game that has a creepy hospital. I guess it started with television, but quickly spread to other media.

In the meantime, tell me your reaction with this:

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Fast moving thread is fast.

Does everyone even realize that the only viable date aside from the 12th is the 19th? The 5th gives almost no warning to OOsers, and we have the UNM tourney then. The 19th, people are going to winterfest, the 26th, it's a day after Christmas. I don't think most people want to spend christmas traveling to NM, and the 2nd of january is 2 weeks before pound 4, so most people won't be interested at that point.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Is anyone playing L4D2 or Borderlands who would like to join me sometime? Playing with random people isn't nearly as fun as playing with people you know.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Colorado Cutthroat has teamed up with Kotaku to host the 2nd annual Kotaku Child's Play Charity event tonight!! We will hosting all the console action tonight which includes a LIVE FEED of the following games:

Tekken 6
Smash Bros. Brawl
Street Fighter 4
BlazBlue

and a live streaming of the event overall. You can go here to see the live feed:

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatLive.php

Tonight we will have casual and hardcore gaming with annoucements indicating high level mathces in all the games tongiht. We will be switching between games in hour increments. Hope too see all of you watching tonight!!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Honestly, I can't make it to any tourney in December. So don't base it off of me. I was just hassling you guys.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
MOAR LIKE

5. Super Mario World
4. SMBWii (Yes, it's that much fun)
3. Super Mario 64
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
1. SMW2: Yoshi's Island

Also, want to team on the 12th?

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so the anime peeps have yet to contact me again about a tournament on the 5th so I don't know what they're doing. I just messaged the person running it asking if they're still looking at the date.

As for the oos tourney, 12th still plzz

Did anyone want a fest tomorrow? I can hold one but will probably leave around nine, but you guys can continue to use the room.

Steven, are you still down for rooming next year?

Dekar173

Justice Man
We're doing the 12th, I plan on going to Cali on the 19th (dunno if it's happening though, =/)

plus I've been telling people who play other fighters that it's on the 12th. :O

12th.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Mario RPG should have been a couple spots higher. Super Mario World does deserve the number 1 spot tho :D

EDIT:

Hey Dekar you should make a thread for the tourney. You are a well respected Brawl player and are more likely to bring in OOSers than if lets say I made a thread or Goyf.

and 12th is official, no one going to UNM should have finals on the 12th. So no johns NM people :p
(except for Neil, my guess is one of those Ivey League schools arranged a meeting and Neil is going to meet with the por tool to tell him if it's not Princeston it's done :p)

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
MOAR LIKE

5. Super Mario World
4. SMBWii (Yes, it's that much fun)
3. Super Mario 64
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
1. SMW2: Yoshi's Island

Also, want to team on the 12th?
nsmbwii shud be number 2 and yoshis island is a yoshi game, it doesnt count .-. and smw shud b number 3

nothing has been better than those 3 i say shud be top 3

Top Bottom