• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
yeah Neil that was submitted for the one minute nair challenge started by Phanna (search the video thread).
Not quite - that clip was taken from a crew battle with Armada and Dev, around the time of GENESIS. dphanna introduced the nair challenge in October or so, and somebody digged up that video and it was a coincidence.
But yeah, I guess you could say that Armada should submit his challenge and be the sole victor of the challenge :laugh:

It's basically a site on how culture does various things.
lol at snopes rhyming with tv tropes. Also, I promise you that Zack would not be interested in this stuff. He would be the one guy in the world who would instantly dismiss the golden **** that is this. You would expect that from someone who throws sandals on roofs :mad:

Does everyone even realize that the only viable date aside from the 12th is the 19th?
Well, I would argue that the 19th would definitely bring in a few more people than the 12th, but unfortunately, at this point, there's no way to reschedule. It's quite easy to destroy a healthy yet equally delicate relationship with a venue.

(except for Neil, my guess is one of those Ivey League schools arranged a meeting and Neil is going to meet with the por tool to tell him if it's not Princeston it's done :p)
That hurts. It doesn't just pierce my insides, that statement unified all that is me, the physical and the immaterial, and struck all the breath and life out of it one blow.

I vote for a fest at Neil's on Saturday. >_>
Yeah, I'll most likely have a fest this Saturday. However, you all must know that I must be downtown around 7 am on Sunday :( These fests seriously need be shifted to the daytime hours instead of averaging around the nighttime hours. REAL MANLY MEN SLEEP 9+ HOURS A DAY!!! IT'S TRUE!!!11!1!!!1!!11!!

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
now neil i enjoy going on tvtropes every now and again, buts its so much of a drug that i tend to avoid it.

but sandle throwing goes back in my family generations (**** my great great grandfather came here from mexico using his sandle throwing techniques). i gotta keep the family torch lit somehow ^_^

Overgames

Smash Rookie
Nolan fest tomorrow AND Neil fest on Saturday would be epic win. :)

And just so you guys know, the Suncreek Village Apartments is managed by my mom, so she's letting us use the place for free. So I'm down for the idea that we could put the venue toward Pound 4 (or other tourneys).

Also, I've never actually been to the apartments, but I'm going this weekend to take pics of the lobby to get a better idea of how we could set everything up.

Hopefully by next week I'll have also printed multiple copies of the flier, so I'll hand them out for you guys to plaster on walls at.... places. Get the word out to local gamers would be a good idea.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
So the melee developers poorly synced Captain Falcon's mouth during his taunt animation.
He barely even says "Show me your moves."
At least his mouth isn't just a sprite that 'opens' and 'closes' repeatedly while dialog is spoken like in Brawl.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
That hurts. It doesn't just pierce my insides, that statement unified all that is me, the physical and the immaterial, and struck all the breath and life out of it one blow.
Really!? It was meant to be a joke to make you sound smart lol. If it's not the very best then it's not for you kind of thing.

Remember what you said at one of Nolans fests? "That girl was a tool. A place where you're known by a name and not a number". lol

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Really!? It was meant to be a joke to make you sound smart lol. If it's not the very best then it's not for you kind of thing.
I know it was a joke, but these days, anytime anyone in any way mentions the word "Princeton" to me, my soul shrivels up into dust :(

Happy Birthday to me. :3
Come over to the fest Saturday, and I will upload your Samus ****** on YouTube. Is that a good enough whatever-age-you-are present?
Happy Birthday on this twentieth day in the year of our Lord in November, August :)

Happy birthday August!!! Congrats getting older. :p

So Neil, you are holding a fest tomorrow? I might be able to come for a while, but I doubt it. I have guests over this weekend. Dang it. P.S: I still want to see that match again.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably go to your fest for a bit Neil. At least so you can **** me for combo material. I'll go easy on you ;-).
I'm just saying guys that you should be ready come December 12th for a dark horse to come out and 4 stock Neil. That's right kids, I did it once, and I'll do it again. Ok, he may have been having a violent allergic reaction to my cat and may have 4 stocked me twice in a row in money matches, but that all sounds like one big john to me.
Jk Neil |>10>< 2 |\|07 124|>3 /\/\3 <3

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Anyone with hacked Wiis, get the Super Metroid Redesign hack. You won't regret it, I'm sure.
It's for SM pros only though. >_>

EDIT: SSB64 has been confirmed to come out officially on VC before the year is over. Plus Super Mario Kart will be available this Monday. Maybe once SSB64 is out, we can have some SSB64 action at tournaments. >_>

tekkie

Smash Master
EDIT: SSB64 has been confirmed to come out officially on VC before the year is over. Plus Super Mario Kart will be available this Monday. Maybe once SSB64 is out, we can have some SSB64 action at tournaments. >_>
like the WAD file that's already easy to find?

nsbwii co-op is annoying when teammates don't listen.
just finished playing it with 2-3 other people for almost 10 hours. the sheer infuriation and screaming that went on was amazing.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't joking about 10 am. Please, come over now if you can. I'm trying to get people to come earlier so that you'll be burned out even more late at night, causing you to leave earlier (hopefully). That way, my mom won't douse us all in kerosene and make us taste the flames of vengeance. Note that Captain Falcon's enemies taste this before they die.

BRING SETUPS!!! You know the drill :chuckle:

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
I'd totally be up to show up now, but my dad volunteered me to help my cousin move. :/

Hopefully I can make it over there before it's too late.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Wow...when was the last time I posted here?

Anywho, just wanted to say that I'm alive. School has been ******, and today is no exception: gotta go film a school project all night. So sorry Neil (got your message while i was at work), I can't make it. And Zman, I have no idea what you were going on about last night >_> I was filming for the TV show Breaking Bad.

That, and Borderlands, Sins of a Solar Empire, and the obviously epic NSMBW has taken over. I don't think I've touched Brawl since the last tourney...but don't worry, JT and I are still gona put ya'll in your places ;) I/we'll be there for the 5th/12th tournies, school/work permitting.

Speaking of, any new ATs or anything discovered? I've really been out of the loop >_> And even though I', gona be busy for a good while still, feel free to keep trying to contact me with fests and stuff, or some NSMBW, or whatever. I wanna get back into the swing of things.

And with that, I' offfffff!

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Epic fest, Neil. I had so much fun there. NSMBWii, and the Smash Trinity. It's a shame I didn't get recorded, lol.

...That reminds me. We didn't get a group photo.

Top Bottom