• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I want to go to the fest today, but I probably won't due to ride situations.

Also, thought you guys might be interested, want to go to this too to get velveta'd but again ride junk.

Also, anime club wants to hold a tournament on the fifth. I'm talking to them about visa gift cards and setting the hacked wiis thing straight. Anything else I need to address?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Ok, so I'm picking up Nolan and then August to go to the Play N Trade tourney, leaving 2 open spots in my car.

If you want to go, either be AT UNM BY 2:00 (when I'll be picking up Nolan) or AT AUGUST'S HOUSE BY 2:30 (when I'll be picking up August).

Edit: Also, text or call me to let me know that you are at/will be at one of those two places.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Reverse Falcon Punch! Twice!

That was a fun smashfest/tournament (watching...) night. I'm beat. I feel like I suck at Brawl though.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Nice fest, August.

Sorry for that last minute change of plans, Banjo. At least you ended up getting a couple hours of brawl in.

GGs at the tourney, everyone else.

Also, corn *****.

EDIT: Someone also left their wiimote here.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Don't expect me to even attend a smashfest held elsewhere. My weekend's terribly busy. I'll have to devote a lot of personal time to a special activity.
YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO PLAY MELEE ALONE
While I was playing melee alone all weekend, I arrived upon a shocking discovery in Super Smash Brothers Melee. This discovery even exists among all the different versions too! Quite thrilling, if I do say so myself!

1) After selecting a stage to wage battle on, if you vigorously move the C-stick and control stick in random directions while the game is loading the match (which effectively moves the cursor and the camera angle), the actual load time will be slightly reduced, allowing you to concentrate more time in your smashfests to matches. WOW! INCREDIBLE!

i hope you enjoyed your fests without this discovery ;)
this was posted for the lulz

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
It wasn't me. >_>

Since New Super Mario Bros. Wii is like, out now, do you think we could play it at some of our fests? I'd love to, but I'd likely have to wait 'til Christmas before I can get myself a copy.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Fun fests =]

GG's on the teaming August lol. I can't believe our double Samus beats Kyle's and Stevens double Sheik (ah get at us lol)

Crazy on the wallet thing. I hope she finds it.

P.S. August. HOST MORE FESTS!!!

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Just to be clear, I'm not accusing any of you guys, but she's been dogging me about it, so I thought I'd bring it up for some lulz. My guess is that she's irresponsible and forgot where she put it. It'll turn up.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The only thing I would ever take from your sister is
Insert Virginity Here

Dekar173

Justice Man
Sorry August, I took her wallet.

December 12th- Tourney on the Westside!

Smash Bros Brawl $5/$10 ? Doubles = $5/partner ?
Smash Bros Melee (Neil, Ronald, someone run this)
Smash Bros Brawl+ (Paul, we have a LOT of hacked wiis now, and I don't see how we couldn't run a B+ tourney if you're still interested/everyone else is, just give me a ruleset)
BlazBlue

Venue address will be added tomorrow, as I'm ******** and haven't written it down, and Derek's not online to tell me what it is again :X

BTW- the tourney will be used as a sort of fundraiser for the Pound 4 people, sort of like Supercon's sponsorship was. I'll split up the money there, and give everyone theirs at the event.

In other news, Patrick and I have bought our Pound 4 tickets. Woot :D

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
tekken 6 is a love/hate game. personally, i think its fun on the bun. but i can see why others don't like it. just try it, tekkie, and see if you like it.
tekken 6 is better than brawl imho... you use ps3 or sexbawks?

For fun Tekken 6 is great. For competitive it's bad/broken.

David and I didn't take the wallet thats for sure. We left last true but we were by August the whole time and only saw her for a second
its not competive broken <.< bottom tier can beat top tier :/

Sorry August, I took her wallet.

December 12th- Tourney on the Westside!

Smash Bros Brawl $5/$10 ? Doubles = $5/partner ?
Smash Bros Melee (Neil, Ronald, someone run this)
Smash Bros Brawl+ (Paul, we have a LOT of hacked wiis now, and I don't see how we couldn't run a B+ tourney if you're still interested/everyone else is, just give me a ruleset)
BlazBlue

Venue address will be added tomorrow, as I'm ******** and haven't written it down, and Derek's not online to tell me what it is again :X

BTW- the tourney will be used as a sort of fundraiser for the Pound 4 people, sort of like Supercon's sponsorship was. I'll split up the money there, and give everyone theirs at the event.

In other news, Patrick and I have bought our Pound 4 tickets. Woot :D
brawl+ ruleset = melee ruleset + no inf.cape and same stage set as brawl

:3 hey i need links to R3 btw... <.< gonna try to make plans super early this tourney so i dun get F'd out of going like i did COCT

nm in general ily&urjohnz

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
For fun Tekken 6 is great. For competitive it's bad/broken.
Lol Tekken is the 3d version of Melee...just saying. If you don't like Tekken that's fine, but the game is far from bad/broken.

Btw every fighting game has something bad/broken in it...Melee, Brawl, SC, SF, BB, etc.

@Casey: 3 stock, 8-min time limit, no items.....pretty much the same as Brawl. I would normally go with 4 stocks but time issues prevent that. I'll get back to you later with a stage list.

Also, I'll help host/set up B+ as long as there's enough interest. Btw the B+ tourney should be cheaper than the other tournies to generate more interest.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Lol Tekken is the 3d version of Melee...just saying. If you don't like Tekken that's fine, but the game is far from bad/broken.

Btw every fighting game has something bad/broken in it...Melee, Brawl, SC, SF, BB, etc.

@Casey: 3 stock, 8-min time limit, no items.....pretty much the same as Brawl. I would normally go with 4 stocks but time issues prevent that. I'll get back to you later with a stage list.
tekken is the most balanced fighter of all time <--- scientifically proven <3

also top 10 in tekken 5 in the world are all spread about the tierlist pretty widely

and on the tekken 6 online ladder thing, the number 1 guy mains midtier (as of last i played/checked)

in brawl + 4stock is perfect... the matches go fast if ur playing right

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Melee should be easy enough to run as long as someone can stay long enough to set up and shut down. I would volunteer but I'm not sure if I'll be available the whole day, I may have to do some studying. In other news, I will definitely go. Hopefully I can even get some others to come, so that should be good. We should definitely advertise on campus if possible. There are plenty of places to put up signs and such.
For Melee rules I would say wobbling allowed, green greens and mute city both valid counterpick options. Along with that, standard rule set. I don't know how many people will show up, but it would be really cool to do double elimination, since I haven't done one of those in years.

EDIT: Wait, Paul, 3 stock? Won't we be laughed at if we do a 3 stock tournament? I haven't seen one of those since like 2004. Or were you talking about Brawl+?

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Awesome, the tournament sounds like a winner to me. I might sign up for Brawl and Melee. Never played Brawl+. >_>

And I only played like a match or two of BlazBlue.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
gkirbs- i don't own a ps3 or sexbox360, i just mooch off of other people until i can get enough $$$ to buy a ps3 of my own.

casey- why not run other games like tekken and sf4? based off the pnt tourny this past weekend, the hype for tekken is there id imagine the tekken players would enjoy more tournies.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
hey Gkirbz I thought Street Fighter 2 was the most balanced fighter overall...

And sorry the little I know about Tekken 6 was last I heard it was broken :p perhaps I'm wrong though (Although I did get my *** handed to me by a guy when I was in Houston and was allowed to enter for free because of an award my friend got :p)

Top Bottom