• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Thanks for the fest/food Neil.

OMG Heart Gold and Soul Silver are F***ing crazy. I think they are trying to never make another gen, by just cramming everything into these games.

@Twister: 20gig PS3?

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
**** i have that isn't mine but neil dumped on me because he doesn't like going out of his house.

twister's (?) wrist band
casey's year million
august's custom robo & custom robo arena

just post here or text me when so i give you your stuff back

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I would just like to say (with no context whatsoever) that anyone who thinks that LoZ: TP is better than any SNES/N64 era Zelda game needs to die a horrible death.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Well, TP is probably the worst Zelda. At least discluding the CDi games.

And yeah, fun ****ing fest.

Everyone, who hasn't already, needs to watch Full Life Consequences.

Also, Scribblenauts is awesome.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Just saw 9 and agree with everyone who said it was disappointing.

It was conceptually and aesthetically awesome, but they took that premise and style and told the most boring, generic story they could with it.

Basically it's just action scenes, with some incredibly straightforward and cliched dialogue in between.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Fun fest.

Neil dude when we're on teams you gotta learn how to play ON A TEAM not just 2 people playing singles against 2 people :p

If you hit them towards me let me hit them back at you into a combo without getting knee'd by a very anxious Neil who's about to get wrecked by their partner :p

Paul is sadistic and cruel to his teammates, unlike Steven who was a good teammate and nice :p
Paul we should team more, I think we'd actually do good together haha

Ok so I'm off work at 2 on Friday (maybe earlier) so I'll be good to go by 2:30 latest fr our AZ trip.

<3 you all

Haha Sinz kind of a narcasistic thread title don't you think? I like it :D

haha :p

You could also put "Home of the Neilcides" or "Home of the Gluv of Love" or "Alphabravo will take your virginity too" or... you know what lets leave it with the twins thing :p

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
I would just like to say (with no context whatsoever) that anyone who thinks that LoZ: TP is better than any SNES/N64 era Zelda game needs to die a horrible death.
Indeed. To be fair, TP isn't a bad game by any means-the longest Zelda with the most items, bosses, epic moments, and actual character and story development that they started to show in TWW. I'd day the only problem was it didn't have any trademark that really set it apart (sea travel for TWW, 3-day cycle/masks for MM, Time Travel for OoT, etc). I'm thinking of replaying TP soon, but I'm doing aLttP now.

And on an unrelated note, everyone check out Little King's Story. A lot of fun. Prime Trilogy also rules.

Just saw 9 and agree with everyone who said it was disappointing.

It was conceptually and aesthetically awesome, but they took that premise and style and told the most boring, generic story they could with it.

Basically it's just action scenes, with some incredibly straightforward and cliched dialogue in between.
I've been hearing a lot of this...I still want to see it, but it's kinda a bummer.

I came to post about my Arizona prospects-
I REALLY want to go, especially after the cool AZ crew showed up for Nolan's tourny here, but the prospects look grim. With only a week to go, I have only $33 (and i still need to get 2 text books) and massive Video Production projects due every week, and no double partner, even. I want to stay optimistic, but it looks unlikely at this point. I'll keep everyone updated. If I can't, I'll lend Pit/Wario practice to whomever wants it (I think my Wario has really improved).

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
@Goyf: yes I want to sell the ps3
talk more details later just text me about it when you can.

@ Zman: I leave that **** wristband everywhere -____- Bring it with you to AZ and I'll get it from you either on Friday or sometime this weekend.

@Nolan: <3 Fox Usmash... I lol'd hard at that video

@Ax: I'll team with you if you go...

ZMan

Smash Master
ill give it to you before we leave friday, it'll be chillin in my back-pack in the meantime.

tp is bad because of how easy it was. the next zelda needs to have multiple difficulties or core gamers will start to abandon zelda.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
@Zman - better avatar; I approve :)

Is the fest still going on? or are you just being stupid.
I'm surprised that you (probably even more people than you) couldn't pinpoint my posting style/didn't realize that someone else posted that on my account.
Well, I wouldn't do it so much if most of the players here didn't completely blow chunks in teams.
I'm sorry, but I need to outright question this statement. First of all, you naturally are pessimistic about NM's ability AND you expect WAY too much. I bet if you watched MaNg0 in person miss a rest, you would criticize. Even if - for all these years - you've been joking, you tend to say these kinds of things in a VERY VERY serious tone.
Second of all, because of this (minor) abuse, we actually are more indifferent about teaming with you, and we tend to perform more carelessly. I bet if all of us were VERY supportive of each other in teams and made it into a competitive sector in NM's community, we could probably outperform most states.
Edit 2: Paul is a sadistic verbal abusing teammate :'( hahaha you're too good paul. That fest cracked me up from start to finish
You reminded me of Down With the Sickness
Neil dude when we're on teams you gotta learn how to play ON A TEAM not just 2 people playing singles against 2 people :p

If you hit them towards me let me hit them back at you into a combo without getting knee'd by a very anxious Neil who's about to get wrecked by their partner
Look down and see the long paragraph I typed in response. If I misread this and blew your comment out of proportion, sorry :(

All right, to give you context, please read my response to Paul if you haven't.
I think - and I might be wrong - you are vastly underestimating me in teams. All the advice you've given me I already know AND use, but I also didn't try (JOHNSSSSS!) for 2 nearly-legitimate reasons. If I recall correctly, we won all but 2 of those team friendlies we had, so I didn't see the need to try when I could be sexy and I knew we would win. Secondly, I was depressed the whole time because you weren't here for me and August teaming together JUST AN HOUR before you came, when SUCH SEXY combos were happening ;)

also, FYI, narcissistic is the wrong word, but I can't think of the precise diction in this situation at the moment because of looming philosophy homework (all-nighter status) and distracting Led Zeppelin music

EDIT: LOLOLOLOL there's a chance that Serena Williams will be perma-banned :)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
tp was bad for many reasons beyond difficulty. If you want it harder, play the game with 3 hearts, no shield, wearing the zora tunic, and using the crappy sword. The difficulty is more fun that way.

On the subject of this weekend, it looks like we might not make it. Apparently Meno has class friday, which I didn't realize, so we wouldn't be able to make it to Alb until late friday night, and I don't think we can afford to split the gas between 2 people all the way, and I don't want to hold up ya'll. I'll let you guys know for sure by tomorrow.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Timotee, ditch school. Have your friend ditch too. Unless theres an exam. Then take it and leave :p

And Neil you took it waaaay out of context. But then again reading sarcasm is hard :p
We'll make an awesome team come AZ assuming you're still teaming with me :p

And I think Paul is just fine on teams you guys. He's a brilliant player and a very very smart one on top of that. I think his little criticisms are nothing short of hilarious.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
tp was bad for many reasons beyond difficulty. If you want it harder, play the game with 3 hearts, no shield, wearing the zora tunic, and using the crappy sword. The difficulty is more fun that way.

On the subject of this weekend, it looks like we might not make it. Apparently Meno has class friday, which I didn't realize, so we wouldn't be able to make it to Alb until late friday night, and I don't think we can afford to split the gas between 2 people all the way, and I don't want to hold up ya'll. I'll let you guys know for sure by tomorrow.
Just MM Zack in psychic fatty dittos until you get enough gas money. He'll probably accept ;)
On a more serious note, we'll probably be sexy enough to give you guys gas money. I mean - we do have magical twins...

EDIT: LOL HEY KYLE AND TIM! WANNA HAVE A SEXY PARTY?

EDIT2: XKCD should make a webcomic about people seeing other people posting at nearly the same time on a forum. kinda like synced traffic lights (I <3 davis)

EDIT3 (after sinz's post): XKCD should really make that webcomic. I think I'll e-mail Randall Munroe. I'm getting all the credit too...

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
:( Tim. Meno should really just skip class, unless it's really important. Missing one isn't bad, it's only bad when you make a habit out of it.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Has to be his choice, I'm not gonna encourage a Freshman to skip classes.

Also, I don't want his parents to hunt me down and kill me.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
heh...these responses make me feel better about my personal values.
the thought of meno ditching classes didn't even cross my mind until you guys posted it. I feel like a BAMF right now

I mean I ditched part of the tourney when FORWARD was here for some CNM (yes, CNM!!!) classes, and no exams, just a ****ty mid-year lecture :)

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
tp is bad because of how easy it was. the next zelda needs to have multiple difficulties or core gamers will start to abandon zelda.
The Wind Waker is ------> that way, it was infinitely easier than TP,but that didn't stop it from being fun. And upon reflection, have the Zelda games ever really been known for difficulty? When was the last time any of you remember dying in a LoZ game? (2D diesn't count, since it's naturally harder). It was harder than TWW, but that's not saying much.

@ Twister-Ok!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Zelda II: Links Adventure was one of the harder ones, plus any bonus known as "Master Quest" can be extremely difficult. And of course playing the original Legend of Zelda and using Zelda as your name created an impossibly hard game (Just ask my brother, he'll rant and rave as to how hard it was to beat that thing). I mean come on it's the only Zelda were you're actually required to buy a door key outside of the dungeon before you go in, so if you don't you're exploring and dying wondering "Where the hell is that ****ing key!?"

I liked TP though, in fact I've loved every Zelda game but the horrible 3 O.o

Psh, Paul isn't a sadistically criticizing partner when I'm teaming with him. Haha. :p And we also sort of screwed around in most of those matches. Most of them. In fact, the team of Erich and Paul is rarely known to be serious. Haha. Also I agree that Master Quest is pretty beast. I never played Zelda II though, sadly.

Have fun in AZ you guys...I can't go because I have work on Sunday. Sunday, right?!? It sucks. Oh well...kick butt without me. I promise that before I leave I'll be able to go on at least one of these trips with you guys, haha...*sigh* Dang it. RAWR, I actually want to do Melee doubles now. I might want to get my copy of Melee back so I can practice a little bit more though...not that I would play it anyway. Never mind. Someone should hold a smashfest after you all get back. Or August or me while everyone else is gone. What do you think August?

*Who's going to be here this weekend, besides August and myself?*

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Finolimar said:
I wanna see NM again at no koast ;D you ****ers betta be coming!!!
<3

~Fino
<3 you too (even though I don't know you).

I'm checking to see if Lewis is going to AZ. Question is if he is going, will we have room. We have 10 seats with the 2 of us that are leaving together (Dekars group is picking up Tekkie).

Who do we have in those 10 seats again? Steven, David and myself. Who else was not in Dekars and Ax's group?

EDIT: Lewis wants to go/can go

tekkie

Smash Master
(Dekars group is picking up Tekkie).
speaking of which if those glorious individuals are in fact heading down to this crap town to hunt me down i feel they might want like some directions or something

btw if anyone wants to call my dorm phone (either for the above or for the lulz) the number is (575)-835-6077 :O

Dekar173

Justice Man
It's not my group, it's Ax' group :p Or JT's, not sure who's car we're taking. It's their group, I'm just the spokesperson who's worthless and posts on the boards all day every day ;)

Twister, Ax, JT, Tekkie, and myself. If Ax isn't coming, subtract him and that's our car.

@Tekkie- I'll save that number in my phone and be sure to give you a call once we're hitting Socorro.

Just gonna start throwing this out right now-
Deodorant
Toothpaste
TOOTHBRUSH NO ****
shampoo
body wash (soap you dip****)
Blanket
Pillow

We have housing in Tuscon, which means less hassle for trying to stay with Bryce and Wobbles for the other groups. It's a tiny place from what I hear, so we're going to be cramped with just the 4/5 of us (cramped with that many... I'm slightly scared of what this place is gonna turn out to be ;P)

Who else is going? Steven, Zman, David, Kyle, Neil, Nolan, and Goyf, did I miss anyone?

ZMan

Smash Master
neil is gonna forget about all of that stuff

oh and on friday can someone pick me up at my house right after school on friday? this way i can drop off my school **** and grab a snack for the road. i don't live far from neil.

Top Bottom