• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
confirmed for az :). for reference i get out of school at 2:27 (i don't know what neil's schedule is so i can't say the same for him).

if tim carpools with us i am teaming with him. if not ill have to find a teammate asap.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
confirmed for az :). for reference i get out of school at 2:27 (i don't know what neil's schedule is so i can't say the same for him).

if tim carpools with us i am teaming with him. if not ill have to find a teammate asap.
What kind of time for getting out of school is that?

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
Prostitiution is were its at. Sure you'll be scratching your **** the entire weekend because of the crabs and the burning sensation when you're in the bathroom will leave you screaming, but come on you gotta take one for the team here.
Well since i already have that I guess selling my body won't be a problem...

Ok, I assume this AZ tournament is next weekend, ja? Well, I really want to go, but I'm thinking it won't happen as I am just starting a job and will probably need to be there the whole time since it will only last a month. *Sigh* I'll check my schedule though.

For future reference, I'm pretty sure my car gets about 30 miles to the gallon. :) But whether or not I can take it to a tournament will probably depend on my parents letting me. And I can fit four plus the driver. Three plus driver comfortably.

This is next week? I'm going to be all alone for a whole weekend! God, what will I do?!
I'll be here August!! Probably.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Well, good, that's a few people who are too cool to go OoS.

Oh, this **** is a while from now? I'll have my car repaired by then! Though I still wont go. I'm broke and don't feel like spending money to watch/play/hate brawl.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Well, I think I can have people over at my place. My step mother moved out, so there shouldn't be a reason why not.

Who's up for my house?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Come with?

Majyor edit: If Dekar doesn't win Pound 4, I'll be very upset with him, considering ADHD won SNES.
I don't see a problem with that, after watching ADHD v Ally it just seemed hilarious to me. Has he ever played against Diddy?! =P Not to downplay how well ADHD did, but he just didn't seem to know the match-up at all. Everett would've definitely given him a better run for his money. =O

Dekar173

Justice Man
Also, something everyone should do (not only so I can get even better practice, but to progress for themselves) is practice instant throwing, z-catching, and item mindgames. Being extremely capable with items not only makes the Diddy match-up a lot easier, but the Snake and ZSS match-ups too. :D Peach too, kind of, but then again turnips blow =O

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Er... To make myself clear. I can probably have a fest TOMORROW, but I'd like you to post whether you can come or not, if possible.

Gracie!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I don't see a problem with that, after watching ADHD v Ally it just seemed hilarious to me. Has he ever played against Diddy?! =P Not to downplay how well ADHD did, but he just didn't seem to know the match-up at all. Everett would've definitely given him a better run for his money. =O
I watched and was like, wow. ADHD finally plays Diddy better. Now he knows 2 match ups! The metaknight match up and the snake match up!

EDIT: So to practice instant throwing, goto Battlefield, place a nana on the ledge, practice it there. Then put a nana on a platform and practice short hopping and instant throwing it. Then start juggling it up, using instant throws.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Well, I think I can have people over at my place. My step mother moved out, so there shouldn't be a reason why not.

Who's up for my house?
I am. I won't be there till like 6 though, and I'd need a ride back (since the get to Augusts house bus doesn't run on sundays)

Also, any word on taking the cat?

He obviously hasn't played any diddys before, since he actually went to FD (no one is as good as Diddy on FD)

But ally should have won. Did you see him playing on the last stock of the last game? Ally let himself lose.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'm sure he's played against plenty of Diddys, but I doubt any were good =O If you play against Diddys that let you become confident in FD as a counterpick... XD

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
Also, something everyone should do (not only so I can get even better practice, but to progress for themselves) is practice instant throwing, z-catching, and item mindgames. Being extremely capable with items not only makes the Diddy match-up a lot easier, but the Snake and ZSS match-ups too. :D Peach too, kind of, but then again turnips blow =O
umm... whats instant throwing XD or is it exactly like it sounds... lol

im sure you mean z-catching as in catching items in the air with z, yes?

item mindgames.... wuts that XD ... jk

Dekar173

Justice Man
Instant throw = airdodge to catch an item, then cancel the airdodge animation with a throw :O

(banana on platform) ----> SH > airdodge > any direction on cstick

You've just instant thrown the banana!

Any and all ability to actually mindgame an opponent comes from experience, and knowledge. Knowledge lets you know what you're capable of, experience allows you to do that on a whim during an actual match ;P

tl;dr play some items on high matches XD

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
shhweeeeeeet! thanks dekar. best try n practice that

bout me housing... ITS ON!!! just got the official ok from mi pops and he said its cool. can't wait too pwn ya'll new mexicans XD. im gonna need some diddy/not snake or mk but everyone else practice. this shall be too good :)

I might come today August. I can't stay long though, because I've gots a church activity at 5:30. Wouldn't miss it for the world. And then family stuff afterward, as my great grandma just died.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Oh god eat that velveeta Inui.

Sorry guys I won't be at the fest! As you all may or may not know, Molly got her wisdom teeth taken out yesterday, so I'll be with her :p

Head count for AZ- Twinz, Zman, Neil, Nolan, Goyf, Steven, JT, and me.

Who else would be willing to throw a few dollars Tim's way so he could carpool with us, in case CO doesn't wanna come with him? :D

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
How late is this fest going? I might be able to make it tonight for a bit. I've got some homework/work in the morning/johns.

Top Bottom