• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I've spotted lewis a lot on all these trips, but i told him this one he has to pay for himself. so if he can bust out 40 or 60 or so then I can see him coming too.
That was me but it was to mango. He's scrawy and I boxed him at Genesis. I went waaaay easy and he still couldnt toch me. but it was fun tho lol.

Why do you ask?

EDIT:

Yeah learning right when you get into the competitive scene is difficult but awesome. Whos your main?

r3d d09

Smash Master
IC's , i use to main D3, but i wanted to main something difficult. either IC's or marth. tried both. IC's fit my need.>.> 2nd peach. haha. odd combo at the most.

... even had a match with a southpaw ;)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I have no idea how tall or how heavy they are guys. XD

r3d d09

Smash Master
nah, it was cool. you know how it is. just have to go for your own state and what not.

I thought it was funny how lanky asked you how is bowser was, and you said he sucked straight up haha

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
nah, it was cool. you know how it is. just have to go for your own state and what not.

I thought it was funny how lanky asked you how is bowser was, and you said he sucked straight up haha
I tell it straight. I will try to find some stuff to help him out, one of the things is that he didn't use fire breath one time, and he just went for the bair and over b. He didn't have the best of spacing, so he wasn't able to get a grab off. And he cracked under pressure of a few bananas from a mediocre at best diddy.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I'm down for sparring =] Just for fun. No face shots most likely (those tend to get messy fast). But just for fun wothout full blown intent to hurt. I'm down =]

ZMAN!!! Thanks bro. Hahaha "Who got mindgamed!?" ... "EVERYONE!!!!"

Miss you Sinz

Dekar173

Justice Man
sweet stuff, I'm barely getting in the tourney scene. and it's a blast. learning my main blows though >.> hopefully i put up a decent fight in AZ, oh. and who was talking about a boxing match for a grand?
edit: Thank you Ken Neth for catching my reading error. I read it as a form of John like "I've been learning that my main BLOWS"

I'm sofa king we todd it.

My later statement stands though, I'm sure Goyf (our resident ICs main) would love to teach you some stuff about ICs :D

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL why would he be disappointed in someone new starting to learn ICs? He just said it blows cause ICs have one of the highest learning curves and it's hard to be actually good with them.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
booooooo ic's booooooo! haha

can't wait to show yall my new(well not really XD) and improved ddd. i would like to think ive gotten a lot better since we last played but we shall all find out :)

so who all plans on staying with me for the tourny? is it gonna be all of nm, if so, things will get tight. hope yall don't mind sleeping on the floor/kitchen tile XD. ps, bring sleeping bags plz. :)

edit: also bring setups, i only have 1 and im sure we will wanna play some melee/brawl the night before. prolly like 2 extra would be good me thinks. also, i have a pool so if you wanna bring your swim suite, dew it! if not, thats fine to ;)

r3d d09

Smash Master
LOL why would he be disappointed in someone new starting to learn ICs? He just said it blows cause ICs have one of the highest learning curves and it's hard to be actually good with them.
I'm glad someone caught on >.>
edit: also bring setups, i only have 1 and im sure we will wanna play some melee/brawl the night before. prolly like 2 extra would be good me thinks. also, i have a pool so if you wanna bring your swim suite, dew it! if not, thats fine to ;)
G-kirbs should take note on this post, am i right Utah smashers?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
So r3d d09, do you want IC tips? I main them, and I've been playing them for like 8 months now, and I placed fairly well with them at Genesis. I'm not Lain or anything, but I can teach well enough.

Also, last call for someone getting a cat from me.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
booooooo ic's booooooo! haha

can't wait to show yall my new(well not really XD) and improved ddd. i would like to think ive gotten a lot better since we last played but we shall all find out :)

so who all plans on staying with me for the tourny? is it gonna be all of nm, if so, things will get tight. hope yall don't mind sleeping on the floor/kitchen tile XD. ps, bring sleeping bags plz. :)

I'll try bringing a melee set up. Tell Taj and Wobbles they need to get over there that night too lol.

Swimming!!! WOOO!!!!

Goyf said:
So r3d d09, do you want IC tips? I main them, and I've been playing them for like 8 months now, and I placed fairly well with them at Genesis. I'm not Lain or anything, but I can teach well enough.
No, you're better than Lain. You're just waiting till Pound 4 to show the world amirite? :p

r3d d09

Smash Master

Also, last call for someone getting a cat from me.
Well, if you were active on the boards more :p
you'd see me posting everywhere. helping out and what not.
I know the stuff, just trying to get it down is my problem.
I never practice >.> so that's the main issue i believe.
but some tips would be nice ha.

.... and about that cat.... does it have to live :p

I'll try bringing a melee set up. Tell Taj and Wobbles they need to get over there that night too lol.

Swimming!!! WOOO!!!!

No, you're better than Lain. You're just waiting till Pound 4 to show the world amirite? :p
... anyone is better than Lain with him off his enhancer xD

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Well, if you were active on the boards more :p
you'd see me posting everywhere. helping out and what not.
I know the stuff, just trying to get it down is my problem.
I never practice >.> so that's the main issue i believe.
but some tips would be nice ha.

.... and about that cat.... does it have to live :p
Ok. I'm never on the IC boards because when I was picking them up, the boards was worthless. They didn't discuss anything, and 75% of the threads were "I just found an awsum grab combo!!!!"

"or, you could just kill them /thread

Or something worthless along those lines.

IDK, are they any good now? Do they actually discuss stuff now?

And any specific tips you want? Like what to do in what scenario? Practicing is really the biggest thing.

Yes, the cat has to live.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Ok. I'm never on the IC boards because when I was picking them up, the boards was worthless. They didn't discuss anything, and 75% of the threads were "I just found an awsum grab combo!!!!"

"or, you could just kill them /thread

Or something worthless along those lines.

IDK, are they any good now? Do they actually discuss stuff now?

And any specific tips you want? Like what to do in what scenario? Practicing is really the biggest thing.

Yes, the cat has to live.
Yeah, we actually discuss now. i in a way got the boards active with my beginning noobish stuff and constantly posting on there. now we're more active and helpful than before.

We can discuss this stuff in AZ ;) and sorry, i don't want your cat then :p

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Yeah, we actually discuss now. i in a way got the boards active with my beginning noobish stuff and constantly posting on there. now we're more active and helpful than before.

We can discuss this stuff in AZ ;) and sorry, i don't want your cat then :p
Thats good. IC boards for first good char board?

Someone take the cat!

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
Someone post all the details for the AZ tourney here cuz i'm too lazy to read back posts.

Approximate cost, dates/time, who is confirmed for going/driving, and housing info would be appreciated
thanks fellow smashers

tw1n

Smash Champion
Casey... I juist lost the game thanks to you... and anyone reading this did too.

Ok so its Sept 19th. Cost is less than $70 I think. Leaving friday. I am a driver. I want to leave before noon but its only if enough people can come with me. But we'll see.

Everyone needs to post when they can leave. Here's all I rewmember

Neil and ZMan get out at 2 ish...
Me and Kyle can go whenever...

Top Bottom