• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
<3

and more random pointless words so this post is legit.

Melee rules
Brawl is cool

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Dekar is unbeatable
NM as a whole is too

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Sinz is going to F*** Utah with a rake

:p
God, I love you.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
GGs to everyone at the fest, it was funn.

@Molly Thanks for the cakee. My friend Greg stole a lot of it last night and wanted me to offer you money to make him one. I wish I was kidding, but he was pretty serious about it. He om nomed lots of cake.

@Steven You were so close, your nonexistent single drop of honey will not be forgotten.

@Twister I've got class until 1:50 today

@EVERYONE My roommate moved in at 10 PM last night, LKAJFLKJSDFLK

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
@Twister I've got class until 1:50 today

AH THAT SUCKS!!!! hahahahaha.

I've got a one hour break on MW from 11 - 12:30. Then one from 3:15 - 5:30 O.o

T and R I'm out at noon although usually if I'm not doing homework I'll probably hit up the magic shop till I head home.

(No Friday classes B*****s :p)

EDIT: Well I'm off to my first class.
(see :50)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCoaBN6iOu0

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, my schedule is:

MWF class from 11 AM to 1:50 PM.
Tuesday/Thursday class at 11:00 to 12:15. On thursday only I have a 3-4:50 class and after is my other TR class from 5-6:15. So I can smash inbetween that junk if I'm not all busy 'n shizz

tw1n

Smash Champion
You know its not like sinz wont be on the threads lol. He can still come here and talk and chnge the name lol.

I just lost the game =[ Curse you BRYCE!!!

tekkie

Smash Master
mine basically moved in at 8 in the ****ing morning.

also, i played some items/banned stages/free for all matches with scrub freshmen two nights ago. good ****.

also i'll bring that screwdriver whenever i come back up there :p

Dekar173

Justice Man
THE BROCKSAMPSONOCALYPSE!!!

Nolan, if I were on campus, would you be down for some Smash?

@Tekkie- get them into competitive smash :p Youi've got an entire semester to accomplish this XD

Bryce, you're gonna be at the tourney on the 19th, right?! I'm trying to get El Paso to come, and hopefully Tim can find a way down :O Also, Utah might even be going, you know what that means! We get to **** them in crews ;)

Who else wants to go to the AZ tourney? I asked JT! and he said he's down, so it would be myself JT (twins, I'm assuming) and... 1 more?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Neil was showing interest. And el paso posted on the page saying they are trying to make it lol.

And if you guys do crews expect me and kyle to be screaing the loudest for you all lol.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
THE BROCKSAMPSONOCALYPSE!!!

Nolan, if I were on campus, would you be down for some Smash?

@Tekkie- get them into competitive smash :p Youi've got an entire semester to accomplish this XD

Bryce, you're gonna be at the tourney on the 19th, right?! I'm trying to get El Paso to come, and hopefully Tim can find a way down :O Also, Utah might even be going, you know what that means! We get to **** them in crews ;)

Who else wants to go to the AZ tourney? I asked JT! and he said he's down, so it would be myself JT (twins, I'm assuming) and... 1 more?
I would be down for AZ tourney. Just let me get the last chunck of money someone owes me.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I still prefer Rout. But then again, originality is always hard when you've come up with everything =]

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Did they seriously reprint Wrath of God?

I love the new name. <3 Judgment
Wrath shouldn't ever have left. This is good though, a real wrath in block.

Lol I still prefer Rout. But then again, originality is always hard when you've come up with everything =]
Rout was awesome <3. Hallowed Burial (Put all creatures on the bottom of their owners libraries) was pretty win too.

Nerfed wrath of god :D Yay!

Looks more like an Armageddon card picture though. Too bad I dont play anymore.
We have wrath back! Isn't that enough?

It kinda does look like geddon though.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Dekar, I should be. Just let me know before you head down to campus to make sure i'm not busy, might he with double d today, but I'm not sure. Paul just got done smashing here, anytime anyone at UNM wants to smash they can just text me and see if i'm busy or not.

Also, not sure about AZ tourney, i'm going to try, but how much is everything going to cost? It can't be too much for me to because in addition to spending money I have to take off of work to go.

also to the blazblue guys: http://gg-guys.com/?id=53

I feel a strange and powerful urge to play Melee. Sigh.

I only have classes on T and R, so...yea. :D I need to get a job though, DANG IT. I hate looking for jobs.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Erich, see AZ thread about job hunting lol.

I just spent $810 on 5 books O.o 3 used. and I have one more $200 book to buy tomorrow >.<

Costs seem to be as follows if 5 of us go in a 30 mpg car:

Venue fee: 5
Brawl Singles 10
Melee Singles 10
Brawl Doubles: 5 (per person)
Single doubles: 5 (per person)
Gas: Shouldn't be more then 30 a person (probably less. 463 miles there 463 back. divided by 30 per gallon and 5 of us it's pretty dang cheap)
Food: 30 (depends on you. Again probably much less)

total: 95.

This isn't factoring in opportunity costs such as missing work. If you manage to pick up a few more shifts or hours earlier or later to make up for this then you should be fine. And again this is assuming you're entering all 4 events.

50 may even be a more accurate guess. To get to phoenix in a 30 mpg car it cost us maybe $60 and that was a longer drive.

Ran into Steven today. Sup bro.

If any freshman need help around campus just ask me and I'll meet up and help if possible.

Pro tip: S.U.B. rules

tekkie

Smash Master
i plan to.

Why is my UNM wireless working faster then the ethernet connection? Am I doin it rite?
if it works the same as it does here, it's a shared connection throughout the dorm and it probably means more people are using ethernet than wireless. use whichever is faster. (unless it's ******** slow, like 56k slow, then something is probably wrong)

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
MWF I've got class from 10-1, then a break from 1-4, then class from 4-5:15 (minus F, on which I'm done at 1).

So yeah, I'm down for whatever whenever I'm free and on campus.

Ran into Matt on the way to Statistics, then Kyle on the way to Sociology. Nolan and JT are in my World Religions class, and Neil is in Astronomy with me...quit creeping around you ****ing smashers!

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Astronomy
It's almost as if the heavens themselves wrought us smashers to this fate.
Oh wait, that's astrology. Wrong subject.

I'm MW from 2:00 - 7:00 p.m. (ASTR101L, ASTR101, PHIL101) with NO time in between. And the rest of the week I'm goofing off at Sandia or continuing my summer job (or as Zack would call it, sucking all of the doctor's and patient's ***** and drinking AIDS blood).

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Erich, see AZ thread about job hunting lol.

I just spent $810 on 5 books O.o 3 used. and I have one more $200 book to buy tomorrow >.<

Costs seem to be as follows if 5 of us go in a 30 mpg car:

Venue fee: 5
Brawl Singles 10
Melee Singles 10
Brawl Doubles: 5 (per person)
Single doubles: 5 (per person)
Gas: Shouldn't be more then 30 a person (probably less. 463 miles there 463 back. divided by 30 per gallon and 5 of us it's pretty dang cheap)
Food: 30 (depends on you. Again probably much less)

total: 95.

This isn't factoring in opportunity costs such as missing work. If you manage to pick up a few more shifts or hours earlier or later to make up for this then you should be fine. And again this is assuming you're entering all 4 events.

50 may even be a more accurate guess. To get to phoenix in a 30 mpg car it cost us maybe $60 and that was a longer drive.
Thx. It's mid september right? I'm practically confirmed for this if it is.

Who wants to team with a MK and take AZs money?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Thx. It's mid september right? I'm practically confirmed for this if it is.

Who wants to team with a MK and take AZs money?
I'm trying to drag JT along to AZ so he can finally play oos, I also already promised he could win doubles with me XD Like... all of us have gone oos except for a select few (Overgames and Salty come to mind) and ya, they need to experience it :p

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Depending on the CO turnout, would we be able to arrange a joint carpool from alb? I appear to be getting a cash influx, so I'm likely to attend this thingamajigger.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Well my car will most likely be available. Its looking like we'll need 2 vehicles tho. And ya we will be back by that sunday

Lol we just got batman arkham asylum (awesome awesome game). But gamestop was doing a costume competition. I was the joker (laugh and all) and kyle was the riddler. I got 1st he got 2nd. But I won by over double the votes he had lol. Everyone else got *****!!! I looked way creepy. I'll post pics sometime.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Lol we just got batman arkham asylum (awesome awesome game). But gamestop was doing a costume competition. I was the joker (laugh and all) and kyle was the riddler. I got 1st he got 2nd. But I won by over double the votes he had lol. Everyone else got *****!!! I looked way creepy. I'll post pics sometime.
What the....you guys should have told me!

I would've joined you in the costume competition. Anyways, I'll probably pick up my copy of arkham later on today after I get some school work done.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
What the....you guys should have told me!

I would've joined you in the costume competition. Anyways, I'll probably pick up my copy of arkham later on today after I get some school work done.
Um don't you think it would have been a little random to receive a text from one of us saying "Going to Batmans midnight release at gamestop dressed up as the riddler and joker. You should come too"?

:p

The game is really good tho. At first it feels choppy but then you get used to the buttons and everything after that is just gravy :D

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Oh how Utah hates NM. It's hirarious.
Did everett just deliver a truckfull of velveeta or something?

If we can get back before monday so I don't miss class i'm like 80% confirmed.
Ok, we **** sum doubles? You me, Dekar and JT split all the doubles prizes?

Depending on the CO turnout, would we be able to arrange a joint carpool from alb? I appear to be getting a cash influx, so I'm likely to attend this thingamajigger.
I think we will be able to arrange it (says the carless guy).

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Um don't you think it would have been a little random to receive a text from one of us saying "Going to Batmans midnight release at gamestop dressed up as the riddler and joker. You should come too"?
Random=yes
stupid=no

At first I wasn't interested in the game but the demo convinced me to get it.

I'm trying to drag JT along to AZ so he can finally play oos, I also already promised he could win doubles with me XD Like... all of us have gone oos except for a select few (Overgames and Salty come to mind) and ya, they need to experience it :p
Derek's been oos before. He went last year at the beginning of august to a CO tourney with Erich, Sinz, and Johnnylaw.

Top Bottom